[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptid Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2130x1617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2130x1617px
The only "monster/cryptid" threads I've seen on here have only been about Skinwalkers, Goatmen, or other copper smelling, voice altering, form changing beasts. Can we get a thread about quite literally anything else? Anything will do. Stories, pictures, personal encounters. Anything, you could even just say what your favorite cryptid is. I just want a thread that isn't about Skinwalkers...
>>
>>18821558
So make a thread about the deep sea or something if you want one so bad. What the fuck is the point of this thread?

>guys stop ok can we talk about anything else
>>
>>18821576
Found the skinwalker
>>
>>18821558
i always enjoy hearing about mkole mbembe, how he rips hippos in half and lurks just beneath the surface. one tribe of pygmies hunted and ate a mkole only to all die soon after while another tribe found a dead one and ate it with no casualties.

My great-great grandmother supposedly kept a bunyip in her basement for a few years. The details are vague now as that side of my family is very stoic and steers clear of anything supernatural. The main bits of info though:
>found it crying by the river
>sounded like a calf
>looked like a black shaggy dog with a camel's face
>pushed it's thoughts into your head
>naturally shied away from negatives, disbelievers and hostiles
>military man (potential suitor) would show up and the bunyip would "disappear" into the mud in the basement
>bunyip disappeared for good one day, right around the time the highway came through

she was well known for being an exceptionally honest and logical woman and this was the only fantastical claim she ever made. perhaps she chose to lie only to bring a little more mystery into my family's lives, perhaps the bunyip chose her because she was a caring woman that could keep a secret.
>>
OP pic makes me lol
>>
File: 1455929884627.jpg (37KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455929884627.jpg
37KB, 620x400px
Favorite cryptid? Probably any type of sea monster. Nessie probably doesn't real, though.
>>
>>18821558
>did a project on the lake champlain lake monster in 5th grade, talked to some crazy ass old lady who did that shit.
Next summer i saw it on the lake and was cool as shit. either an Elasmosaurus or a plesiosaur looking thing. cool looking as fuck, but i hate going in water now
>>
One night I saw either a rabid raccoon, or some small cryptid of some sort. I was outside having a smoke, and I heard something in the woods. Started looking around, and then saw a small pair of eyes reflecting the minimal amount of light, or glowing... couldn't see anything else about it. Immediately thought raccoon, but then I noticed the pair of eyes were really slowly approaching. Began to make loud noises to scare it off but the thing didn't even seem to notice, no change in its slow pace of getting closer. Noped the fuck back inside because even if it was a raccoon, I'm not about to get rabies.
>>
File: 1389479146052.png (432KB, 1600x2940px) Image search: [Google]
1389479146052.png
432KB, 1600x2940px
>>18821558
>>
Nessie has been pretty well debunked. The photos have all been exposed as fakes/doctored, the locals think it's a giant sturgeon and Jeremy Wade suggested a Greenland shark. In logistical terms, it was suggested that if you had a viable population of the things, you'd be tripping over them on a daily basis.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.