[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to meditate lying down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 11

File: wizalch.jpg (313KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
wizalch.jpg
313KB, 1440x900px
is it possible to meditate lying down?
>>
>>18821059
yes
>>
>>18821059
You can meditate with your legs behind your head and your penis in your mouth, if you want.
>>
Of course.

For the Bhrama Lama, how do you not know that?
>>
meditation is just the willful act of letting demons take control of you.

you could be doing anything, it's just easier for them when you are still and hum their resonant frequencies.
>>
>>18821089
That pisses me off. Because I want the abiltiies meditation can give but i don't want to expose myself to demons.

Is there another way?
>>
>>18821273
It's okay. Not all of them are bad.
>>
>>18821273
The other way is to not listen to people like >>18821089
who are fucking retarded.
>>
>>18821089
Nigger you're just as bad as those guys who talk about summoning skinwalkers. Stop LARPing.
>>
>>18821277
Fuck all demons, im just tryna chill wit dat higher consciousness. but i ain't tryna expose myself to nephilim ya dig?
>>
>>18821089
You're thinking of channeling
>>
>>18821324

you have to meditate to reach a mind state needed for channeling.
>>
>>18821089
They are our friends and family you moron
>>
>>18821089
Wanna back up that retarded claim there broseph??
>>
I think OP is asking whether you'll just fall asleep instead. The story goes that the Bodhidharma cut off his own eyelids to prevent this from happening. Though that was during oldschool wall staring void meditation presumably in an upright position. Your results may vary.
>>
>>18821059
>is it possible to meditate lying down?
Yes, but there is a good chance you will end up falling asleep in the process.
>>
>>18821059
Meditation is clearing your mind of conscience thought. You can do it in any position you want, honestly I'd say laying down is the easiest since you don't need to concentrate on balance
>>
>>18821059
I've tried it, but prefer lotus.
>>
>>18821077
>Brahmā is a leading god and heavenly king in Buddhism.

Interesting...
"This" NEET must have a divinely King status because I can meditate and astral project everyday, laying down completely relaxed in my bed.
>>
>>18821059
erect spine is needed if you want the most spiritual benefit.
>>
>>18821059
It is possible to do it whenever.
It's just here anon :))
>>
File: 1490594118985.jpg (137KB, 747x756px) Image search: [Google]
1490594118985.jpg
137KB, 747x756px
>>18824031
What if you dont have a spine in the traditional sense of the word?
>>
>>18824038
You don't need anything. Every condition you make is of the mind
>>
I always hear some wild tales with meditation, but nobody seems to have experienced what I experienced.
>>
>>18824072
What have you experienced?
>>
>>18824081
My body became very light and agile, my mind felt expanded and sharper, time flow was strangely altered, reality seemed fakeish, I felt like I held divinity within, my pupils became reptiloid.
There was a divine pressence when it started.
>>
>>18824098
>my pupils became reptiloid
Top b8, m8.
>>
>>18824098
My penis also becomes hard.
>>
>>18824122
But its true anon, also many religions have a draconic/serpentine sacred component, even christianity if you factor in gnostic scriptures, which should be done.
That night I dreamt I would go to heaven.
>>
>>18821089
No such thing as demons now, only god and true hearts.

>>18824098
Preach it, live true
>>
>>18821089
Im not this guy but there is a satanic website out there that is big on meditation and yoga, claiming its really satanic in origin. Of course they say its good. My experiences with doing stuff on the site is bad, I think it lead to some minor possession and spooky stuff.

Now, I dont think all meditation and yoga is slowly opening your body to demons but I am suspicious.
>>
>>18824151
wat site
>>
>>18824151
Not at all satanic in origin.

I was shown a vision by God of what the mark of the beast looks like.
Let me tell you what I was shown.

• I was caught in a whirl-wind
• When I came to, my Right Arm was completely decapitated and in its place was a female electronic port for docking something.
• A robotic arm appeared that they jammed violently into the Port as if it was cudely made.
• This robotic arm didn't have any fingers whatsoever. It was only an infrared sensor that I imagine would be used for everything in the beast's: New World Order.
>>
>>18821345
>"Nididhyāsana refers to meditation, realization and consequent conviction of the truths, non-duality and a state where there is a fusion of thought and action, knowing and being..."

>"the inner immortal self and the great cosmic power are one and the same"

resonant frequencies, made when chanting these phrases:

>प्रज्ञानं ब्रह्म (pragñānam brahma) Prajñānam is Brahman
>अहं ब्रह्मास्मि (aham brahmāsmi) I am Brahman, or I am Divine
>तत्त्वमसि (tat tvam asi) That thou art
>अयमात्मा ब्रह्म (ayamātmā brahma) This Atman is Brahman

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman

Is the name of Satan. He of course has his own Bible, the Vedas and Samhita.

you might have heard his Semitic name before:

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

We all share a common root, so the language itself has not changed so much in the past 5000 years, the names of all things still betray their true meaning. Or of course, it's all incredible coincidences. I'm not saying the Christians are right, re-read my original post.
>>
File: ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>18824206
>Brahman is the name of satan

Sorry, i'm not following.
>>
>>18824227
God and whatever else it made before the universe is on the outside

Satan is trapped inside this universe and reality, he has made himself in the image of God but is stuck ruling over a prison.

Imagine if we squashed you into 2 dimensions and forced you to live in a 2 dimensional world. You would still have all of your knowledge and experiences, but you would be severely limited in what you could do with it, telling stories and making yourself out to be a God would be a pretty logical outcome, especially if you were a bored immortal.

I don't know how many dimensions our universe is, but it's normal to assume that something outside of it is one or more extra dimensions. Like a cube is to a square.

Hinduism is materialism in it's simplest essence. This is wrong since we observed the universe to have had an immaterial beginning (infinitely small point of infinite mass which created time, space and matter.

That 'immateriality' or 'extra-dimensionality' is outside the scope of Hinduism, Satanism, Communism, and any of these pseudo-religions which elevate the Fallen One(s) to Godhood, when in fact they are simply trapped here and bored.
>>
>>18824271
Very insightful post anon
>>
>>18824206
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman
>Is the name of Satan.

Brahman is impersonal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman#Etymology_and_related_terms

It is not a person. If you wish to think of it in Biblical terms, then consider the part where it says man was made in the image of God. That "image" that God is and we are modeled after - that is Brahman.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael
I see no parallels between the angel Samael and the concept of Brahman.

>>18824271
>he has made himself in the image of God but is stuck ruling over a prison
Are you thinking of Brahma? Brahma is not the same as Brahman. I would tentatively agree with you if you are talking about Brahma, although Brahma is not opposed to God. Brahma closely parallels the gnostic idea of a Demiurge, but instead of opposing the true creator, he is a faithful servant who can become selfish and illusioned just as we can.

>Hinduism is materialism in it's simplest essence.
Bg 7.4 — Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego – all together these eight constitute My separated material energies.
Bg 7.5 — Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature.
Bg 7.6 — All created beings have their source in these two natures. Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution.

The only branch of Hinduism that is wholly material that I know of is the extreme wings of Samkhya philosophy - a school that still has an immaterial aspect to reality but is atheistic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samkhya

Some groups of Samkhya say immaterial purusha (awareness) is an aspect of prakriti/matter, as per modern scientific understanding.

Hinduism is practically OBSESSED with transcending the material. That's what the word mukti means, loosely speaking.
>>
>>18824271

>Hinduism is materialism in it's simplest essence.

into the fucking trash you go
>>
>>18824387
8's huh? Ya don't say.

http://www.gematrix.org/?word=606

Where did you get the 8 thing from?
>>
>>18824387
Hinduism is obsessed with grand unification of the material, namely monism, which is not the same thing as transcending it (although that word gets misused often, it means the former- for clarification).

We have two competing theories of material here, so naturally there is a bit of confusion, since you are coming at it with the eastern definitions. I consider transcending to mean escaping the boundaries of reality and the universe in some capacity. Energy itself is material, it's just matter converted into light and heat.

Brahma in my ontology would be some physical manifestation of Satan, Brahman would be what he (falsely) claims to be (the final unifying force of reality and everything that is Godly).
>>18824414
People like this will never really understand, because they are not looking at theology as a science or a serious avenue of study. They simply want quick solutions to their problems.

The world will always reduce into a battle between:
>Monism (fields, one being, consciousness)
>Dualism (self and other, left and right, good and evil)

You must naturally adopt one of these positions, and Hinduism sits firmly in the camp of the Materialists, this is why it attracts so many prominent scientists, because it's core beliefs adhere to their personal dispositions while filling in the gap in their life for spiritual thought and insight (which is a false message).

It's patently obvious everything fits under dualism, since there are the things you know, and the things you don't know. There is a fulcrum at play here which is to do with knowledge, questioning, and understanding. To state that everyone is one simply refuses to address the problem by saying there is no problem.

If I ask you what is 1+1 and you answer all numbers are 1, you have done yourself a disservice, by not thinking at all and providing a rote response. Which is what all eastern philosophies and mysticism and religions attempt to do, eliminate thought.
>>
>>18824469
>eliminate thought
Of course they often claim to be deep thinkers and doing the opposite, which is the telltale sign of deception. When you do one thing and say the opposite.

Introspection is incredibly solipsistic and egotistical, yet these faiths claim to be about elimination of the ego. Red flags should be raised in your mind now, because even a cursory look at history shows both the religious caste in India and philosopher class in China were tools used by the ruling elite to subjugate and control the masses of slaves and peasants below them. Re-incarnation is a very powerful deterrent for any revolutionary action, and the Nietzschean level nihilism that comes out of Daoism is pathological, there is a way for all things and one must flow with it- basically roll over and accept your fate. Note these cultures stalled in monarchies which turned into tyrannies, while the enlightenment of the west lead to great revolutionary struggles and movements of people who used freedom, independence and self-sufficiency as their core belief structure. Christianity was just a hapless passenger along this journey, it's vaguely even a real religion, more of a mishmash of old pagan traditions, some Semitic practices and worship of various pre-Judaic Gods, we're talking Sumeria/Babylon/Akkad/Khemet 5000BC type shit, back when India and China were still nomadic pastorals and the seed of civilisation had not taken root.

But of course, this is a very bitter pill to swallow for the initiate into eastern esotercism. Since they want their belief system to be the correct one and a refutation of it with the archaeological record and basic proof of concept (America 250 year history most power nation on the planet, India/China 4000 year history and... yeah, number 2 and a distant 4th or 5th,and only when they started adopting western values, capitalism and a robust general education.
>>
>>18824416
Technically, it's 24.
>5 input senses
>5 output/working senses
>5 sense objects
>5 gross elements
>3 subtle elements
>the mahat-tattva (the overall field of material exisitence)

Vedic sadhus and munis categorized the material world into elements. Like Japanese thinkers had air, fire, water, wood, metal, and spirit or Aristotle had earth, air, fire, and water. They understood a "consciousness down" approach to categorizing - from the eternal soul, the I AM, developed everything else.

The first material element is the illusion of identity - thinking that you, an eternal spirit, has relation with the temporary material. "I am the body."

Second is intelligence, discrimination, choosing. Our false ego determines how we decide right/wrong. "I know."

Third is mind, emotion, attraction/aversion. What we know creates what we desire or what we dislike. "I feel."

The first three are considered the "astral" or non-tangible elements of a still temporary, material reality. None of them are considered part of the soul. The mind, working through the senses, then creates:

Ether, location, space: "a 3 foot cube" has no tangible aspect other than dimension - this is what is described by the element ether. Ether is detected by sound.
From ether comes air, and the sense of touch.
Agitating air creates fire, with the sense of sight.
From fire, water and the sense of taste.
And the most gross(material) is earth and the sense of smell.

Better explained in this chapter: Fundamental Principles of Material Nature
https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/3/26

>>18824469
>Hinduism is obsessed with grand unification of the material
Can you source this anywhere? Union, yoga, is meant with the spiritual, no matter how the yogi perceives that spirit.
>>
>>18824517
Every doctrine about negating the ego is false, it is one of my main flags, if it purposes ego negation, I take it as a falsehood.
>>
>>18821340
The only correct answer here.
>>
>>18824578
>is meant with the spiritual

there is no spiritual inside our universe, that is a misnomer. It's a placeholder term for some misunderstood phenomenon. The spiritual comes from God the creator, which is on the outside looking in. (And perhaps other things).

>In Hinduism, Brahman connotes the highest Universal Principle, the Ultimate Reality in the universe. In major schools of Hindu philosophy, it is the material, efficient, formal and final cause of all that exists. It is the pervasive, genderless, infinite, eternal truth and bliss which does not change, yet is the cause of all changes. Brahman as a metaphysical concept is the single binding unity behind the diversity in all that exists in the universe.

Okay, this is just materialism. Saying nothing exists outside the universe and claiming that it is infinite. Mathematical infinities are nested within hierarchies, you can have an infinity which is larger than another, so that entire paragraph is meaningless. I'm sure a fallen angelic being such as Lucifer is infinite. Just not the aleph null infinity of infinities.

The Arabs had all this shit figured out by the middle ages, so when Newton and Liebniz then later Euler were rediscovering all of these concepts hundreds of years later they made sudden and incredible progress in their fields.

There is a hierarchy of universal truth at play here and it manifests itself through human civilisation and how quickly some progressed over others. The earliest civilisations of the Middle East and Fertile Cresent had true wisdom. The Mycenean Greeks of 1700 BC had already forgotten what came 2-3000 years before them and when they themselves went into a thousand year dark age what we consider the beginning of Classical Antiquity around 800 BC the rediscovery of far-ancient Egypt and the mystery schools, already had many mistranslations, copies and half-truths it took another 2000 years to begin piecing it back together, and 2500 year for the Europeans.
>>
>>18824469
>I consider transcending to mean escaping the boundaries of reality and the universe in some capacity. Energy itself is material, it's just matter converted into light and heat.
Agreed. Although as mentioned, that boundary is not a matter of location, or even of knowledge.

>Brahman would be what [Satan] (falsely) claims to be (the final unifying force of reality and everything that is Godly).
For me, in claiming to be Brahman, Satan would be correct. His illusion would be to claim that he is the center/source/origin/all of Brahman. For if Satan is not Brahman - if Satan was not part of God's creation - then whence comes Satan?

> SB 2.9.34 — O Brahmā, whatever appears to be of any value, if it is without relation to Me, has no reality. Know it as My illusory energy, that reflection which appears to be in darkness.

>Monism (fields, one being, consciousness)
>Dualism (self and other, left and right, good and evil)
>You must naturally adopt one of these positions, and Hinduism sits firmly in the camp of the Materialists
So you are equating monism with Materialism? I don't agree with that, but I can accept it for the purpose of this discussion.

the reason I say that is because there is a HUUUGE rift in Hinduism between monists and dualists. Or in Vedic terms advaitist/dvaitist schools. My own sect is so vehemently against the monist, "we are all God", mayavadi concept that I am often hesitant to call myself Hindu.

Look into the works of Madhva Acharya and Ramanuja Acharya, and the founder of my own sect Lord Chaitanya.
>>
>>18824591
yeah, it's very useful to have hard and fast rules like that, because there are thousands of years of lies to unpack, you could waste your whole life trying to unwind bullshit. I am hitting word max over and over and that is with very fast summaries of all this information, it's not even easy to communicate a brief overview.

Wisdom is very important, the proof is in the pudding, Asian people have been slaves (to each other) for over 4000 years - so why would you take their religious faith and dogma as your own, unless you wanted to walk down that same path.

what I wrote here:

>>18821089

Is the distillation of about 20 years of reading into theology and closely following the New Age, it's origins and traditions, and then tracing the history of the eastern cultures and how differently they teach their children to think and feel about the world. The language barrier is a fantastic way to segregate people, so many westerners just go to translations, where the translators themselves have a very insidious agenda and are not always faithful in their interpretations.

Obviously it's controversial, but I am quite confident of what I wrote. It's like driving a car, you don't need to know how the engine works, all of these people initiated into a tradition to prepare their bodies as vessels for possession are never at any point consciously aware of what they are actually doing, they don't need to be, as long as they can press the pedals and turn the wheel that's enough. This hints at a mechanistic process, which hints at some great deception, turning something like prayer or a connection to the creator into mind-death and the opening of gateways in the body for something to come in and take control.
>>
>>18824591
this is something I've been thinking lately. I do not identify at all with any 'break your ego / lose your ego if you want to be free' doctrines. it just doesn't work. not for me, at least.
>>
>>18824666
Exactly because you are one with the ego. Shattering it/destroying it isn't so much the goal so much as assimilating and realizing it and being one with it. The key from seeing to understanding.

>>18824578
Interesting stuff, thanks for all the good reading anon.
>>
>>18824656
Not sure, I went through an experience that consisted on feeling a divine pressence, my body getting lighter and more agile, my mind becoming clearer, more expansive, sharper, feeling divinity within me, feeling time strangely warped and having my pupils take the form of a reptile, that same night I dreamt I was going to heaven and that there was a hell.

My experience makes me think meditation is important, but in an egotic manner.
>>
>>18824591
The ego is not false. The soul is eternal. The ego trapped in material nature is not eradicated upon transcendence, what is eradicated is the false conception of a material nature.

If the soul has no conception of their spiritual qualities, however, they remain simply as awareness, an unmanifest particle in the infinite spiritual Brahman. Gaudiya Vaishnavas understand this to be an ultimately undesirous condition, and believe a soul will - after "near infinite" time - desire to act again and will return to the material.

What is preferred is understanding that within the "oneness" of Brahman, there is distinction. There is form and personality and events. That is is not enough to simply know the nature of the spirit, but the activity of the soul.
>>
>>18821059
yes I do it all the time
bend your knees so blood flows in your brain
If you're having trouble falling asleep point your forearm towards the ceiling
it will fall down as soon as you lose consciousness and wake you up

>>18824206
brahman is literally the same thing as the hebrew God you fucking idiot
>>
>>18824705
Fake shit, there's nothing wrong in having an ego, you maintain it in moments of trascendence such as this one
>>18824693
>>
>>18824627
Of course there is Hinduism and then Hinduism (tm) the stuff sold to westerners disillusioned from their Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant upbringing, going through a rebellious phase.

Satan was one of God's earlier creations, who disobeyed, and was banished to a lower realm. This is a fable obviously, I have no way of verifying the truth of this story. As a prevading force perhaps he is chaos, or entropy, or corruption, or death, the deceiver, the great lie. It's dualism's bad guy, there has to be something there as a counter-balance.

would you say your sect is in the majority or minority as worldwide Hinduism is concerned? nested lies are difficult to unpack, especially since the best lie is mostly true.

To me, what the eastern faiths share in common is a form of passive sadism. Most people check out of Christendom intellectually because they don't want to accept suffering and original sin - and it's comical that they turn to a much more apathetic tradition in the east, which embraces life as some great cycle or wheel spinning around the axis of the immaterial self.

My main attack of the east is that it elevates a form of physical suicide as spiritual transcendentalism, which is brutality and total enslavement. It takes the fasting of the Jews/Muslims/Early Christians and turns it up to 11. Again it's almost making a mockery of that tradition. The logical part of me says, well naturally inedia leads to a heightened spiritual sensation, hallucinations, visions. The contrarian part of me says, that's pretty fucking typical of the Devil to pervert something holy and turn it into a jest.

>>18824666
you wouldn't because you're literally the devil dude.. wtf.

>>18824693
oh? you should video tape that shit, how do you know your eyes changed was it a physical manifestation? Did you get any weird urges for food or sitting outside in the sun or something?
>>
>>18824712
Physical
No urges, I felt divine, in more than one sense.
>>
>>18824705
This life is temporary but the soul is eternal
Separate the real from the lie, let me learn you
Not strong, only aggressive cause the power ain't directed
That's why we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Not free, we only licensed, not live, we just exciting
Cause the captors own the masters to what we writing
Not compassionate, only polite, we well trained
Our sincerity's rehearsed in stage, it's just a game
Not good, but well behaved cause the camera survey
Most of the things that we think, do or say
We chasing after death just to call ourselves brave
But everyday, next man meet with the grave/Great
I give a damn if any fan recall my legacy
I'm trying to live life in the sight of God's memory like that y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7m63nPvsQ

Don't forget now :)
>>
File: aspects of the Godhead.jpg (132KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
aspects of the Godhead.jpg
132KB, 728x546px
>>18824618
>The spiritual comes from God the creator, which is on the outside looking in. (And perhaps other things).
Do you believe the "in" is NOT a creation of God? Do you believe the creation of God is not a part of God? If not, what was it that existed that God used to create with? There is God, and there is God's energy - and that is it. They are non-different, but they are distinct.

Bg 7.12 — Know that all states of being – be they of goodness, passion or ignorance – are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense, everything, but I am independent. I am not under the modes of material nature, for they, on the contrary, are within Me.
Bg 9.5 — And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. Behold My mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities and although I am everywhere, I am not a part of this cosmic manifestation, for My Self is the very source of creation.
Iso Invocation — The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

>Okay, this is just materialism.
Agreed. That is the Mayavadi school of thought. Think of Brahman as the spiritual aura of God: both a part of and yet separate from Him.

>>18824711
>there's nothing wrong in having an ego
But I absolutely agree with this.

Bg 2.12 — Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
>>
>>18824656
>>18824627
>>18824705
>>18824724
Shut the fuck up with your indian horseshit
>>
>>18824732
Did any of them poo in loo or did they shit on the street?
>>
>>18824750
>>18824724
My reply was just verse from a song I liked. I'm not Indian its just interesting reading.
>>
>>18824756
>>18824750
Tuck yourself in bed kiddo, adults are talking.
>>
>>18824732
I'm the guy who narrated his experience.
Hindushit made my life go to hell, the samme goes for the bible, I'm much better off with my notions of half gnosticism, half reverse christianity with a special sacred place for the dragon and the serpent.
>>
>>18824732
No I don't believe the creation of God is a part of him, God is infinite, timeless and immaterial. The universe is very much: finite, timed, and material.

I don't know how he did it, probably inverted a black hole. I have no reason to believe the universe is all there is, since I am not married to that idea, I don't need to force God into the structure of reality, he can happily exist outside of it, tinkering about with other universes, other forms of reality, doing other things which I have no access to.

Whether God is some force which acts upon empty space to harness non-existence into existence and attempt to bring about ORDER from CHAOS, or if he's just some alien inventing terrariums the size of billions of light years and populating them with stuff he wants to observe, I don't care to speculate.

There is only one path to the truth. And many ways to tell the same lie.

So there must have been a creator. He must be outside of his creation. It is both a challenge and a puzzle to us as thinking creatures to discover his nature and make contact with him, and obviously be grateful for existing. I think intellectually saying he IS the creation and therefore he is US, is just lazy and philosophically unsound. We understand from out experience of reality that things are both connected and completely distinct, I have a body, I can interact with objects, things have definite boundaries. God would not have made a universe like this unless he wanted to send a specific message, things are both interconnected across time and space with invisible forces acting across invisible fields, AND they are also separate and distinct from one another, like your body, your decisions, your free will and actions, planets, asteroids, animals, stars, etc.

Comes back to what I said a few posts ago, it's VERY difficult to escape dualism. This could just be an evolutionary quirk because we evolved as vertically symmetrical creatures, it's easy to think of things in opposition.
>>
>>18821059
yes you can, you lazy fuck
>>
>>18824783
how does space satans pepe in your mouth taste? salty in a good way or like coins?
>>
>>18824271
Isn't convenient that everything you don't like is Satan?
this board is full of douches
>>
>>18824796
I didnt say anything about satan, but if you are looking for the devil I know of a church that burned people alive and rapes children, very bloodthirsty, also the snake promised knowledge of good and evil and delivered while the devil told Adam he would die and Adam lived several hundreds of years.
>>
>>18824801
No the root of all evil and deception is Satan, and since he invented human civilisation he is almost everywhere you look. He is at the core of knowledge.

It's rather inconvenient actually, because he has spread himself so far and thin as a strategy to maximise wide deception with very little deep penetration. If he had a major operation limited to one region, I could distinctly point out to you why that particular thing is Satan and nothing else. Satan just means the Opponent or He who stands in opposition, so just logically any religion is Satan to any other religion. Because they make contradictory claims as to the truth about spiritualism, God, the nature of reality.

I'm very open to you explaining to me how a theology centered around human class enslavement, mental masturbation, and direct contradiction between teaching and practice is NOT deceptive, evil and malevolent.

You need to stop thinking of interdimensional beings as "things". They are projections into our reality or universe, you're seeing their reflections or shadows, they are non-local, non-physical, and exist as ideas, concepts and influential forces, rather than some one winged twink whispering to you how fun buttstuff is, c'mon try it, it's so tight and warm.

I am not at all some fundamentalist Christian waving my Bible around and shouting "THE DEVIL!".

Isn't it convenient that everything YOU don't like can be simplified to douches. I've written like 1000 words ITT, did you seriously read closely what I wrote? I doubt it very much.
>>
>>18824712
>Of course there is Hinduism and then Hinduism (tm) the stuff sold to westerners
Gaudiya Vaishnavism was founded at around the same time as the Enlightenment. The works of Madhva Acharya and Ramanuja Acharya it is heavily based upon are from the 12th and 10th centuries, respectively. All three cite their basis entirely upon the Vedic writings, the latest of which was written near the time of the 2nd council of Constantinople, the earliest before Christianity and perhaps even the Roman Empire were a concept.

>Satan was one of God's earlier creations, who disobeyed, and was banished to a lower realm. This is a fable obviously
Alright. Our fable is different. Brahma - as all jiva souls in the material - desired to act independently, and God's realm has the material realm to allow for that. Brahma is given a role as a secondary creator, but if he becomes illusioned during that, he can fall further and further into the material realm - exactly like we did. There are a lot of philosophical differences to explore in these tellings, but this post is getting long.

>would you say your sect is in the majority or minority as worldwide Hinduism is concerned?
Vaishnavism is the majority sect population wise, though it is a mix that probably favors impersonalism slightly. Gaudiya Vaishnavism might make up 5-20% of that, I really don't know.

>To me, what the eastern faiths share in common is a form of passive sadism.
I don't think it should. The shift in GV is certainly toward understanding the true cure is an awareness change, but concern for the suffering due to embodiment and the plight of the embodied soul are there as well.

This world is part of God's energy, and us being here is His allowance rather than His punishment, but that doesn't mean the soul isn't ultimately suffering while here. Eternal beings in a temporary situation will never find lasting happiness.
>>
>>18824827
>he's one of those Lucifer isn't Satan isn't the Devil, occult trinitarian guys
>Prometheus did nothing wrong!
>Snake lives matter!

Catholic church worships Dagon clearly, they don't even claim to be Christians, they are Catholics. Which translates to Universalists.
>>
>>18824712
OK. First, dandavats to you, prabhu. I am loving this conversation.

>My main attack of the east is that it elevates a form of physical suicide as spiritual transcendentalism, which is brutality and total enslavement. It takes the fasting of the Jews/Muslims/Early Christians and turns it up to 11. Again it's almost making a mockery of that tradition. The logical part of me says, well naturally inedia leads to a heightened spiritual sensation, hallucinations, visions. The contrarian part of me says, that's pretty fucking typical of the Devil to pervert something holy and turn it into a jest.
Agreed.

Bg 17.5-6 — Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body as well as the Supersoul dwelling within, are to be known as demons.
Bg 17.19 — Penance performed out of foolishness, with self-torture or to destroy or injure others, is said to be in the mode of ignorance.
Bg 17.22 — And charity performed at an impure place, at an improper time, to unworthy persons, or without proper attention and respect is said to be in the mode of ignorance.
Bg 17.28 — Anything done as sacrifice, charity or penance without faith in the Supreme, O son of Pṛthā, is impermanent. It is called asat and is useless both in this life and the next.

To the rest, back in a bit.
>>
>>18821340
Finally someone right.
>>
>>18824790
>No I don't believe the creation of God is a part of him
We can amiably disagree. So for you, did the material come from God at all, or where is it from? It was once part of God and will remain eternally, truthfully separate? In GV, the "total material energy" is an eternal (though external and indirect) energy of God, but the events within (karma/material time/action&consequence) are temporary.

>God would not have made a universe like this unless he wanted to send a specific message
Hard to say exactly what the desires of God are. In my view, this place is like a psych ward. We are trapped here until our abberant illusion is dispelled, until then we can safely play out our desire to be the center. Or like an MMO we've become too addicted to which Mom allows but remains aloof from "trolling" and only concerns Herself when we wish to end the "game" of samsara.

>it's VERY difficult to escape dualism
Our philosophy is called acintya-bheda-abheda: inconceivable/paradoxical oneness-and-difference. A dualist school with qualified monism. Greek thought would call it Panentheism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism
>>
Whenever I try and meditate I always get to the point where I get this feeling washing over me then it dissappears because I think right after
>>
File: 1485673646006.jpg (67KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
1485673646006.jpg
67KB, 1200x674px
>>18824206
>>18824271
>>18824469
>>18824517
>>18824618
>>18824656
>>18824712
>>18824790
>>18824838

This dude is a on a whole other level. Where do you come from my man, do you have a blog or a newsletter?

post reading list
>>
>>18824862
So whats up with saint Michael who slayed the dragon?
>>
>>18824978
The material of creation is immaterial. Nothing out of something is the essential belief in God.

>I imagine a clay pot shattering in a void.

The clay comes from a place out of time, space and existence, it is shaped by the hands of God. The vessel shatters and the force of destruction expands into the void. The clay attempts to reform into the original shape (a simple greedy process that eventually leads to the birth of complex consciousness). The battle between consciousness and destruction is foreshadowed at the moment of the shaping. All things that are created are destroyed. The shattering completes creation. You cannot exist without non-existence. You cannot live without dying, and so on.

Eventually all matter in the universe must reconnect and reform as the vessel or decay away into radiation: heat, light, darkness.

Again, I don't really care if this is factually true, allegorically true, or something of a great deception. The truth is obvious to everyone, you are gifted with the capacity to see it. Self-delusion is this worlds most powerful magic, it is an illusion completely build around complicity. Once we start asking questions like what did God use to build the universe, we might want to consider that the answer is something not particularly useful to us. I am convinced that inside our heads is a tool for survival. We will survive to the best of our ability, but this ability could be gated by a lot of things and is not an all knowing prescience or ability to discern the fabric of reality. Truth flows through God, it liberates and it allows for human beings to create ingenious solutions and devilish problems.

>>18825032
I'm just older than you, time means added experience and vocabulary to mask ignorance. All human beings should read Bible, Iliad, Euclid's Elements:

>https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611-Bible/

>https://www.gutenberg.org/files/6130/6130-h/6130-h.html

>http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/toc.html
>>
>>18825100
The archangel? Mihka'el? He's just Monday, the dragon is the massive weekend hangover he is fighting.

>Gabriel (Sunday)
>Michael (Monday)
>Raphael (Tuesday)
>Uriel (Wednesday)
>Raguel (Thursday)
>Friday (left to join Satan and fuck humans on Earth, name unclear)
>Saturday (left to join Satan and fuck humans on Earth, name unclear)

You can read the Book of the Watchers in the Book of Enoch if you want to find out more about alie... I mean angels.
>>
File: sq.png (458B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
sq.png
458B, 100x100px
>>18821059
I just realized that if I close my eyes and just try to visualize a simple stable static shape and focus on it I'll start seeing crazy vivid stuff.
It's not easy to do because the shape most of the time fizzes away before anything happens but goddamn it's amazing if I manage to do it.
Is this some sort of meditation? Does it have a name?
>>
>>18825215

> -El

It just fucking hit me like a truck

So these guys were Annunaki elite beuracracy or honor guard or something like that?
>>
>>18825264
The Jews call God El. The ayys called themselves Elohim, it probably just meant Mr. or something like that. If you read the wiki entry for Elohim they throw spaghetti multiple times to explain away why it's a plural supposedly referring to a singular being.

>"Ello I'm Gabri! You wouldn't happen to have any titanium alloy lying around what not?"
>"El?!!! GABRI-EL?!!" *everyone prostates themselves*
>"Okay then."
>"Ello Gabri, Ello I'm Micha!"
>"EL! EL! MICHA-EL! EL! EL!"
>"Bugger, what's all this noise then. Ello Gabri, Micha, Ello I'm Rapha!"
>"ELOHIM ELOHIM ELOHIM GABRI-EL MICHA-EL RAPHA-EL!" *wild chanting and cheering*

Alien humans crashed down to Earth, couldn't fix their spaceship, and decided to split up and travel around the world, maybe try to collect raw materials. The unintended interactions they had with primitive natives led to some of them dying, some of them became deities, others tried to teach writing, all of it got taken out of context and we are left with this hot mess on our hands.

All human civilisations share a common root ancestor in the Middle East, so that is definitely where they crashed and most likely where their ship still is today, buried under a bunch of sand. The ripple in time their interaction had with primitive humans accelerated some of them hundreds of thousands of years into the future, whereas the places they didn't go or only briefly visited (Australia, North America, Northern Asia) remained barbaric backwaters.

Read the Jewish holy books, they admit it was humanoid aliens the whole time. Just like any other cult, the big reveal happens after you've been brainwashed (there is a strict method for teaching young Jews their traditions) so when they go "Tada, We're the Aristocrats!" you're so tied up with it being part of your identity that you either go insane and reject it or become ultra-orthodox and conservative. Which is why there are so few moderate, normal, well adjusted Jews. They are all cult members.
>>
>>18824618
I think I know your sources, and I was once interested in it a lot. Does it related to an island that starts with an S?
>>
>>18824862
I never mentioned any trinities, satan or the bad translation that is lucifer
>>
>>18825331

The biggest reveal for me was realising that "muh royal "We" was a fucking bullshit excuse made to cover it all up.

Are you familiar with Maurio Biglino's works? He blows the "royal we" thing out of the water, and identifies the word Ruach as descriptor for a physical craft.
>>
>>18825226
Well, generally with that type of meditation you want to visualize the object as clearly as possible for as long as possible, and try to prevent other images or thought from interfering. When you get good at that, you can move up to moving objects, like a grandfather clock, and not only visualize them, but see the pendulum swaying in proper time, and here the ticks and chimes at the appropriate time. The clock is just one example, but you can do it with anything. I have no idea what this type of meditation is called, though.
>>
how long would it take me to reach gnosis if i practice ever day?
>>
>>18825389

It's not a question of how long, really. No one can say.
>>
>>18825360
Watching some of his youtube stuff now, it makes sense. Any out of time technology would be worshipped as magic or supernatural and those wielding it would be seen as Gods. Really nice to get a non-English perspective too, Europeans tend to be more open minded when it comes to conspiracies and alternative theories about history.

>>18825389
7 years? It really only works when ur little and growing up around it, your brain is probably too fully formed to ever accept the magical-realism of it all.
>>
>>18825363
Interesting, it's hard not to get distracted when you are seeing stuff so clearly though
>>
>>18825389
Ignore >>18825413 who is either trolling or knows fuck-all about the subject. I would say >>18825412 has about the most accurate answer you could ask for.
>>
>>18825412
>>18825426
how long does it take *OTHER* people to reach gnosis? ;-)
>>
File: philip-k-dick.jpg (31KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
philip-k-dick.jpg
31KB, 600x380px
>>18825413

>Your brain is probably too fully formed to ever accept the magical-realism of it all.

Well, on the other hand, you can damage your brain enough so it will start receiving the transmission again, like PKD did.
>>
>>18825421
Yes it is. That's why you start with small visualizations, first, then get good with them before moving up. Otherwise it would be really hard, to 'visualize' with all of your senses right off the bat. Doing yoga helps tremendously with that concentration.
>>
i find it interesting how certain forms of meditation are so boring (observing breath) but mantra meditation just sucks me in so deeply
>>
>>18825434
>>18825421
weird-- i can't even visualize what feels like the simplest possible shape a--a solid colored box / circle.

is this supposed to be so hard or does my mind just suck at this?
>>
>>18825445
No, I had a pretty tough time too. Even lines blur away in a second or two if you've not practiced.
>>
>>18825032
Yes he is, You just gotta know where to look. Enjoy it while it last because for every post like this, you can fucking bet there are thousands of mandela and flat earth threads.

But no one wants to take things seriously and actually dig for TRUTH or talk about something relevant!! These adhd autist are insane.
>>
Fuck, So will meditation lead to demonic possession or not?

Just goddamit, Why does every thing have to be a fucking a puzzle?

All i just want to meditate so i can manifest a dream girl, but I don't wanna mess with nephilim just to get her!

What the fuck man!
>>
>>18825429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

TOO DEEP TO RECOVER, FREEFALL.
>>
I just want to meditate so i can become a badass and get pussy. I'm not trying to merge with the brahmin or whatever. ill even back out earlier.

What's wrong with a lil samadhi, y know?
>>
>>18825445
It's difficult in the beginning to use the correct eyes. Your brain is having trouble staying on one channel, so to speak. There is a difference between seeing the back of your eyelids and seeing with your mind's eye. It takes practice so keep going
>>
>>18825593
have you read VALIS?
>>
>>18825843
THIS. I was just saying in a scrying thread the other day, I became way more proficient with this kind of thing after I was looking out the window one night, and my focus shifted between the night outside the window and my reflection in the window. It was at this moment I was able to physically grasp the subtlety required for things like astral vision.
>>
>>18825141
Why the King James
>>
>>18825141
So basically, don't ask too many questions, as it's dangerous. Also, don't try to rid oneself of the illusion of duality? Do you burn books, as well?
>>
>>18826010
It feels like you are allowing your eyes to become unfocused and then the mind's eye starts working.
>>
The only problem with that is you might fall asleep.

It's absolutely possible.
>>
>>18826082
it's poetic and you get some interesting apocryphal books.

>>18826091
sure, building a core of knowledge around some of the most important western texts (hermetic, oral, antiquity) of the past 3000 years before delving into eastern mysticism is a lot like not asking questions and burning books.

>How long is a piece of string?
>Is the answer to this question no?
>Can something be nothing and everything?

Asking questions without scope, definition, decidability is a great way to waste your time. If you read those three I listed first, a lot of eastern thinkers suddenly expose themselves as ideological enforcers for a monotheistic human structure of power and control, and have very little to do with spirituality or the divine. Similar to how if you first read about celestial mechanics in astronomy and Newtonian/Keplerian laws of motion, the flat or concave earth models seem less likely on the weight of observation than the oblate spheroid model and gravity. It is mathematically possible to construct a flat or concave model for our present reality, and explain light effects through refractive indices and new physics. These alternate models are not borne out by experiment or close observation.

You cannot rebuild our current civilisation with the Mahabharata, Rig Veda and I, Ching (although they do bring you up to feudalism and monarchy) you could with the texts I mentioned. Just like everything else in the temporary human experience there is a hierarchy of knowledge and a limited amount of time you have to obtain it. There is mental masturbation and there is acquiring knowledge; one is comfy and feeds you like a drug addiction, the other is boring, painful and feels like sitting an endless exam.

>How can I control people without expending any additional energy?

>Have them control themselves,they build a prison of their minds and bodies, then attempt to break out. Drowning is possible in ankle deep water if you are determined enough to lie face down.
>>
>>18827122
>If you read those three I listed first, a lot of eastern thinkers suddenly expose themselves as ideological enforcers for a monotheistic human structure of power and control, and have very little to do with spirituality or the divine.
Wrong.

>You cannot rebuild our current civilisation with the Mahabharata, Rig Veda and I, Ching (although they do bring you up to feudalism and monarchy) you could with the texts I mentioned.
Nonsense.

>muh cultural bias

>How can I control people without expending any additional energy?
>implying religion and philosophy weren't used to control people in the West
Even if true, this just means Eastern thinkers were better at the goal than Western ones.

Did some dude in a saffron robe push you down or something?
>>
>>18827712

>Wrong.
>Nonsense.

really activated my almonds

>implying religion and philosophy weren't used to control people in the West

He doesn't deny that, maybe you should read carefully before getting all triggered.

>Did some dude in a saffron robe push you down or something?

Did you experience a feeling of cognitive dissonance upon merely considering the notion that your trendy navel-gazing "spirituality" might be just as cucked as Abrahamism?
>>
>>18821314
Nah nigga. Peep game,The nephilim are human-aliens hybrids.they often have extraordinary abilities like Sam Cassell
>>
>>18827712
>Even if true, this just means Eastern thinkers were better at the goal than Western ones.

They had a geographically captive audience. There's a reason Asian people look alike, if you stand out in opposition you don't survive.

>China is surrounded by a desert, frozen wasteland water. and jungle.
>India is surrounded by rather tall mountains, water and jungle.

There is imbalance in the world because this is not utopia. I'm glad the 3 billion people of Asia have you as their champion. Their cultural and eschatological basis is firmly defended with sharp and biting rebuttals such as "Wrong" and "Nonsense". Who knows what might have happened if you didn't arrive here in the nick of time.

>"A Christian on a weeding and gardening with fairies bulletin board is deriding Asian cultures again."
>"He's trying to use source texts, history, facts.."
>"To the interceptor computers, we must respond in force!"
>"Never forget the inquisition! NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!"
>>
Eastern doctrines are mental masturbations.
>>
>>18821273
ouiji board = contact with malevolent beings

astral projection = contact with all sorts of beings

sucking dick at a glory hole = good stuff all over your face
>>
>>18824175
>arm
>decapitated
What dude?
>>
So wtf, is meditation good or bad?

If you meditate to simply quiet the mind and expand space between thought, surely it is positive for the self? I don't know about chanting and applying religion to it, I just want to strengthen my mind and sharpen my focus/hone my energy.

Meditation is a tool, it depends on how you use it, right? Why would simple meditation open myself up to demons?

Pls halp.
>>
>>18828288
>They had a geographically captive audience.
No more than any other locale.

>>18828288
>There's a reason Asian people look alike
Only to someone who isn't Asian. There's a reason Europeans all look alike.

>There is imbalance in the world because this is not utopia.
More nonsense.

>"Wrong" and "Nonsense"
Nothing more was needed to refute your points.

>"He's trying to use source texts, history, facts.."
Trying being the operative word. Mentioning a title is not a citation. Saying "I've read a book," or "read these books" is not a citation.

Please show where you've cited a single work.
>>
File: k.jpg (42KB, 604x279px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
42KB, 604x279px
>>18830027
Someone who claims Asians are just as genetically diverse as Europeans does not have a firm grip on reality.

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1288178/

>cited a single work
>>18824206

Clearly you are ignorant of landmark genetic studies across world populations. You also seem to be unable to read without adding your own emotive bias to the words in front of you.

Basically, you're ill equipped to win an actual argument, so you devolve to dismissal, a guy asked for a reading list and I provided one, without the prompt I would've mentioned nothing.

If I was to speculate I would say you lack a foundation in critical thinking. The world is unfair is something 3 year old children learn when their icecream cone falls on the ground. The solution isn't to take someone else's icecream and give it to them.

I will re-iterate my position: Asian cultures are clearly inferior to European and far older Occidental traditions; both in diversity of thought, rate of technological development, and historical outcomes.

At present we live in monopolar world. Capitalism, Industrial automation, Freedom of movement are the goals across all countries. There is no more cultural opposition, the west won. Your position was arguable maybe in the 1960s where the outcomes were unclear. Namely between centrally planned economies and capital planned obsolescence, social competition and social cooperation. Anyone who holds the views you do in the present day is not a serious thinker, just driven by their emotions and clouded by self-gratification.
>>
>>18829763
It can, just like many things, you probably can do without it.
>>
File: (You).gif (528KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
528KB, 480x270px
Shit like this is why nobody takes /x/ seriously
>>
>>18825504
Depends on what you use it for. If you're just meditating for the sake of relaxing or controlling your own mind, your fine.
>>
>>18831679
You can't use meditation for "evil".
You can't get possessed from meditation.

Jesus Anons, what has happened to this place.
>>
>>18831757
Sum ppl got legit posessed, plus we have the bible thumping legion.
>>
>>18831757
You can if you use it for channeling
>>
>>18831776
>Sum ppl got legit posessed
Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>18824063
underrated post. bunch of ignorant fools in here
>>
>>18824098
sounds like psychedelics m8. congrats, ya nailed it
>>
>>18831781
From the posts of the posessed we had recently for instance.
>>
>>18824122
this stuff is real. watched my stepdad's eyes go to slits while he was trying to sell me on some bullshit one day. the reptile is in all of us
>>
File: 124354141.gif (15KB, 216x207px) Image search: [Google]
124354141.gif
15KB, 216x207px
>>18831803
>>
>>18830900
You can do without many things in life - vices, poor practices, the 7 deadly sins, etc, but meditation is a POSITIVE force when used neutrally.

It doesn't automatically open you up to possession or demons. Perhaps a specific form of meditation, chanting, or channeling, but not basic attentive meditation.

For fuck's sake, meditation is as good for you as exercise is. Meditation is to the mind as exercise is to the body.

How the fuck is that bad for you?
>>
>>18825504
No demons. You are surrounded only by a loving entity with many capacities, no true harm will ever come to you. Sometimes it looks scary but it is not evil, it is unimaginably smart and has only perfect intentions. Conquer your fear, it is just a feeling that you must endure to get results.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.