[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was lost in the Library of Alexandria? Did any physical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: library-of-alexandria-about.jpg (405KB, 2800x1720px) Image search: [Google]
library-of-alexandria-about.jpg
405KB, 2800x1720px
What was lost in the Library of Alexandria? Did any physical documents, scrolls or whatever survive? Also gnereal thoughts on LOA thread
>>
>>18820495
Copies of the maps made by the extinct Ice Age civilization mentioned in Hapgood's Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings book, which you can find on http://gen.lib.rus.ec
>>
>>18820495
Documents depicting events and timeline of the ancient Finno-Korean hyperwar
>>
Bumping for very much interest
>>
how is there no LOA interest on this board
>>
>>18820643
So I don't know much about the library but I like to think about what the destruction meant and modern parallels. For example I've seen pics and vids of isis destroying landmarks and natural history and it's made me think about the times that culture and info have been destroyed. I wonder what secrets about reality have been burned
>>
>>18820495
Of course all of them have survived. Probably still in the Vatican library.
>>
The jews burned it down.
>>
>>18820700
Surprising there hasnĀ“t been any sort of Vatican worker/insider from their catalog to ever leak anything interesting.
>>
>>18820643
There is not much that survived. The maps I mentioned are the only thing I can think of. I don't know if maps were fit for that library.

Maybe details on Egyptian embalming procedures and theory, which I would be very interested on.

Much is lost forever, because everyone was like, "we can always get it at the libr- oshi"
>>
>>18820714
I mean I was wrong in saying the library, because it's kinda open to public. I meant to say the Vatican archives. That's where the real interesting stuff is.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.