[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the relation between Magic (esoteric) and Magic (illusion)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1490527883106.jpg (233KB, 1024x851px) Image search: [Google]
1490527883106.jpg
233KB, 1024x851px
What is the relation between Magic (esoteric) and Magic (illusion)?
>>
Bumping cause potentially cool thread.
Sorry I can't help you fellow anon.
>>
>>18819540
The same as a painter painting the outside of your house and Rembrandt painting De Nachtwacht.
Or you driving your car to the mall and a professional racing in Monte Carlo.
>>
>>18819540
One is harmless illusion
The other is damaging, full-on delusion
>>
Illusion is a way to understand the esoteric. It is like a metaphor.

Go read "Sane Occultism" and you will get what I am trying to say.
>>
>>18819540
real magicians try to sell illusions as real magic so plebs are either getting ribbed off, or start believing magic is bullshit and turn away from it so the real magic gets hidden from them
>>
>>18819540
Like Copin created music and Bieber making music. The first mastered the art of symphony while the latter is a stage actor and his music ain't nothing but his body and voice, totally composed behind the scenes by others.
>>
>>18819540
Zoroastrianism and thelema, respectively.
>>
>>18819540
A magician doing illusions is there to entertain people. Most prefer not to have their tricks revealed and don't try to convince their audience that what they are doing is real. They are actors playing the role of a conjurer, wizard, mystic, or deceiver.
>>
File: 001.jpg (48KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
48KB, 600x467px
>>18819540
Is this a joke thread or you're mentally deficient?
>>
>>18819658
It's a very serious question
:^)
>>
>>18819656
I've heard some magicians use real magic though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.