[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am completely convinced that realistic dreams are yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: o-DREAM-MEANING-facebook.jpg (224KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
o-DREAM-MEANING-facebook.jpg
224KB, 1536x1024px
I am completely convinced that realistic dreams are yourself in a parallel universe. N-dimentional interaction. Anybody else believe in the multiverse?
>>
Why only realistic dreams?
>>
DUDE
>>
>>18819150
Ever been banned from a dream?

Seriously.

Ever been forced to wake up? Attacked, chased, snuffed out of a dream on purpose by intelligences or entities that are not you or your own?
>>
>>18819155
Seems like that happens every time I lucid dream. Like my mind tries to set it straight by forcing me to wake up, or dragging me back into the dream.
>>
>>18819154
METH
>>
>>18819155
I was once in a dream where the landscape was orange and I got to stroke some puppies but then I felt a hard drilling sensation on my head. That's when I woke up
>>
I believe dreams are the illusion of a world created by the mind, a world where there's seemingly you and others, when in reality it's all you. I see the universe in the same sense, just a grand mind making up a world for itself where everything is really the universe itself.
>>
What makes you "You" is the complete sum of all your life experiences, every little detail about your life defines who you believe you are. So no, I do not believe in a multiverse, because the only way for you to exist two places at the same time is if you had experienced the exact same life there that you did here, if not you would not be the same "You" because even the smallest changes could potentially change who you believe you are. Also the universe is such a grand place that there is absolutely no logical reason as to why a being would need to exist twice, especially at the same time. There might be two things that look alike in the universe but they are never the exact same on every level.
>>
Yeah it all comes from the mind so the more developed your mind is, the more developed the world around you is even though it all ways exists because the universe "is".

My speculation would be when you sleep you get full access to your imagination and your subconscious which is basically what you know of the universe. Kind of suspension of disbelief. The real waking world can be very similar if you know how to "play" it. :)
>>
>>18819672
And for sure keep this
>>18819155
in mind. Subtly rules the waking world because it is awake already.
>>
So the dream where I was in my panties at school talking to someone is in a parallel universe
Dumbass
>>
People who believe in the multiverse are athetistic science faggots who still want to believe in something bigger

None of it is true

You live, you die, you're gone, forever. DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>18819891
You realize you only condemn yourself to that right? You got no control over any one's life brah.
>>
>>18819912
>brah

Kill yourself

Then find out
>>
>>18819150
>dimentional
How did you even manage to misspell "dimensional"?
>>
>>18819150
YES, thanks OP. I agree 100%
>>
>>18819915
"Nah I'm not gonna do it"
>>
>>18819155
>>18819158
see I like to think there are arbiters of the multiverse, whose job it is to monitor all lucid awareness between universes and keep all conscious beings in spacetime from knowing what's what.
>>
>>18819891
I literally didn't believe in the multiverse until after picking up a belief in God. try again worthless fag
>>
>>18819936
> Unironically believing in God

Makes you even more retarded lmao
>>
>>18819702
I mean, yes, that is true.
>>
>>18819940
>Unironically believing that the finite can exist on it's own
Makes you even more lost lmao
>>
>>18819956
Sorry, you can't discuss this subject with me since you are not intelligent enough.
>>
>>18819940
retards don't believe anything. They are just drooling and spoonfed until they die.
>>
>>18819976
You're just a different class of retard who thinks he's above all that while still being spoonfed complete nonsense, or making up their own misguided trash.
>>
>>18819988
you sound kind of angry, are you sure you're actually intelligent?
>>
>>18820000
You don't have to be dumb to be angry. Nice quints.
>>
>>18820006
when people get offended over nothing it is indeed kind of stupid
>>
File: 1486644793076.jpg (26KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
1486644793076.jpg
26KB, 500x413px
>>18820006
Me saying nice quints instead of quadruple was a test.
>>
>>18820011
Can't say I disagree
>>
File: fluid-aliens-dream.jpg (48KB, 784x560px) Image search: [Google]
fluid-aliens-dream.jpg
48KB, 784x560px
There were these aliens that looked clear and translucent like gel or liquid
like the bubbles of water seen in this vid;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63JXdsL5LU
They also moved in the same sort of way, but the aliens were mostly humanoid in shape (like pic)
When they came in contact with real water however it made them lose their consistency so they fell down and were powerless against regular water for the most part. Some of them wore thin dark suits like plastic bags or elastic bubbles which made them able to move and swim through a pool. They kept appearing and hunting me but I kept splashing water at them and trying to tear the suits of the suited ones. They moved in such ways they could dodge a lot of hits but most of them went down easily when I really focused on bringing them down.
>>
>>18819150
I get that too.
Some dreams just feel too real. As if they could have happened if certain things in my life went another way.
>>
>>18819155
I can quit dreams. Like the other week I was a Human sacrifice, they were taking me to be sacrificed, I was just like NOPe and ended the dream
>>
I pretty sure alternate/other dimensions exist. I don't think dreams lead to them, though. Not sure if it's possible to create portals to others.
>>
>how do we know we aren't just the dream of a super conscious mind
>how do we know we aren't in just a normal persons dream in a parallel universe

oh fuck
>>
>be this morning
>having a really vivid pre-wake up dream
>I'm in a golden room on a gold and white egyptian silk bed
>really horny
>suddenly elsa jean is in my doorway
>comes onto my bed, starts massaging my groin
>wake up
god is dead

I bet that version of me in that universe is having a great time, meanwhile im here jerking off and dipping tobacco till i die
>>
>>18819155
I haven't, however I have felt as though there was someone else in my dreams. He didn't do anything but watch, back to back to back in three dreams in three nights he appeared to watch my dream, I could see him in dream me's mind's eye, he was standing in a band of swirling black and red colours, above, in the sky.

He was cloaked in a white shawl that hung over his head, obscuring his face with a shadow. He didn't say or do anything, but I had that constant feeling of being watched by someone who wasn't me or a part of me. I've taken to calling him the Man in White, he's never showed up in another one of my dreams since.
>>
>>18819655
Is it soliplistic in here, or is it just me?
>>
>>18819155

So here's this recurring dream I had when I was 8
>wake up on the edge of a lake, it's got a pebble beach and is surrounded by 50 foot pine trees
>the sky is gray, total cloud coverage
>the trees make a really dense enclosure, you can't see into the forest it's that dense
>I sit up and all of a sudden people start coming out of the forest
>I don't know any of these people from real life, but whoever these beings are, they're my family
>I'm instantly at ease when they all come out to me
>They welcome me with hugs, smiles and kisses
>Everyone greets me and tells me I'm home
>I've never been so happy
>I start talking to one guy, he seems to be the leader of the group
>me and him walk over to a huge log
>it's white and weathered, but it's so comfy
>I'm just appreciating how beautiful everything around me is when the leader starts talking to me
>he asks if I like it here, so I told him I love it because I belong here
>he tells me this is paradise and I can come here whenever I want
>"Just don't ever go in there anon"
>he points to a log cabin, I hadn't even noticed it until he pointed it out
>He tells me that if I ever go in there I won't ever be allowed back to paradise
>I agree, cos why the fuck would I risk losing this?
>We wrapped up chatting then I woke up

Now I thought this was a one off until the next night, I went back!
>>
>>18823301
>go to sleep, wake up in my dream and I'm back in paradise, my family welcome me again and I start mingling
>it's like I do know all of them
>I'm having the best time of my life, even if we're not doing anything
>But towards the end of the dream I start to get curious about the log cabin
>I take one step closer, but I change my mind, I don't want to lose this, so I go back to chatting, then wake up in the real world

Now these dreams continued for about a month, every day I had the dreams I got more obsessed with them. I needed to know what was in the cabin, I was talking about it to my family, my friends, I was excited to go back to paradise.

>every night I'm getting one step closer
>every night my family becomes more sinister
>the closer I get, the scarier they get
>their faces are twisted with anger
>this pattern continues for about a month

Fast forward to the last dream

>wake up in paradise
>it's become hell
>my family don't look like my family anymore
>they're twisted with anger and rage
>this is the night I'll take my last step
>I'm gunna open the door
>I make my way over
>I get to the door
>I reach out for the handle
>I'm sweating like fuck
>I open the door
>It's full of corpses
>I don't know any of the people in there
>it is literally brimming with corpses
>I try to close the door but it won't shut
>I turn around
>my family are all behind me
>their faces are not angry anymore
>they're disappointed
>"you knew the rules anon, you may never come back now, you had paradise and you lost it"
>I woke up crying, and I never got to go back to paradise
>>
>>18823309
I swear this dream was real, I don't even know where the imagery came from, I've posted this dream before on /x/, but everyone has always just said I watched too many scary movies. But I didn't, I was basically into paranormal stuff as a kid, I loved looking at pictures of ghosts and all That on the basic internet, but I had strict parents, at that age I had no experience with fear, I'd never experienced death. It was totally uncharacteristic for me at that age.

But that dream felt real, like I really was somewhere else, I dunno, I can't ever stop thinking about it
>>
>>18823320
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtypes/epicdreams.htm
>>
>>18823388
Holy shit, thank you, you've given me more understanding of that dream in one link than I've been able to gather in the past 14 years
>>
>>18819155
One time I suddenly realised I was lucid dreaming and tried to go somewhere and then this guy came out of no where and built walls around me super fast. Then I woke up.
>>
>>18819150

So in some parallel universe I actually raped a girl just for the hell of it?
>>
>>18819170
What kind of intelligent presence would stop you from playing with puppies?
>>
>>18819150
My dreams are litteraly 10 000x better than my life.

I wish they were real =(
>>
File: LQsMW1o.jpg (200KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
LQsMW1o.jpg
200KB, 1191x670px
>>18819150

Identity is an illusion. If, somewhere in the multiverse, a version of you is going through the same experience you are having while lying in bed, then in a very real sense "you" are in both places at once. You only become separate streams of consciousness again once one body wakes up. Of course, there's no guarantee that you will find yourself in the same body as when you went to bed. Not that you'd ever know.
>>
File: 1473036024584.gif (1019KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473036024584.gif
1019KB, 320x240px
>>18819155
I've had a few cryptic dreams in my current play-through

I remember once when I was around 10, I was awoken from what was at first an incredibly normal dream where I was in my parents house during the afternoon. While I was walking through the house I stopped to look out the glass doors to our backyard and was frozen in fear. I could see two tall black figures with extremely long appendages and heads in the shape of light colored cubes with no facial features stumble their way to the door. I woke up right as they were about to open it. They walked in a rather silly fashion, and were waiving their arms about as if trying to to convey some sense of benevolence, which would make sense as I was just a kid at the time. But it was all so real and so out of place that I couldn't help but be horrified nonetheless. I wish I wasn't such a pussy back then, I really would've liked to continue the dream in order to find out more about them. Or perhaps I am finding out more about them, or at least what it meant...
>>
File: 1478221714954.jpg (36KB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478221714954.jpg
36KB, 468x500px
>>18819666
Wise words, Lucifer.
>>
File: 7777777.jpg (160KB, 887x788px) Image search: [Google]
7777777.jpg
160KB, 887x788px
>>18819988
>>18820000
>9988
>0000
>>
I don't want to wake up in this body and point in "time" anymore. Lately, my dreams have felt incredibly vivid, and they all show me happier instances of a life that could have been... I am determined to "hop" into them. One of these days, I'll reclaim everything.
>>
12:2.2 (130.4) Although the unaided human eye can see only two or three nebulae outside the borders of the superuniverse of Orvonton, your telescopes literally reveal millions upon millions of these physical universes in process of formation. Most of the starry realms visually exposed to the search of your present-day telescopes are in Orvonton, but with photographic technique the larger telescopes penetrate far beyond the borders of the grand universe into the domains of outer space, where untold universes are in process of organization. And there are yet other millions of universes beyond the range of your present instruments.

12:2.3 (130.5) In the not-distant future, new telescopes will reveal to the wondering gaze of Urantian astronomers no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space. At the same time these more powerful telescopes will disclose that many island universes formerly believed to be in outer space are really a part of the galactic system of Orvonton. The seven superuniverses are still growing; the periphery of each is gradually expanding; new nebulae are constantly being stabilized and organized; and some of the nebulae which Urantian astronomers regard as extragalactic are actually on the fringe of Orvonton and are traveling along with us.
>>
>>18826393
You will.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.