[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Obsession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: NLPIPevaluation12910.jpg (51KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
NLPIPevaluation12910.jpg
51KB, 600x439px
Help me, /x/, my entire life I have been drawn to a place I can't find when I'm awake. I'm fixated upon it every day, and I know something waits for me there that will transcend me. It has a deep, radiating vibrance that is dissonant from its dull, mundane appearance. The brilliant and lonely contrast of light and dark in the ashen grey of an overcast day is its signature, the calling card that hooks me to it. Every day, I can see fleeting glimpses of things that remind me of it, but as quickly as their connection to this place is revealed, the mundane washes back over and it was never anything like that place. I feel like it's all around me, just out of reach, but unless I'm dreaming I can't exist in it.

Anyone with dreamscape experience willing to help another traveler find his way?
>>
File: nebraska.jpg (927KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
nebraska.jpg
927KB, 2592x1456px
I'm having kind of a similar thing, although any feelings I have about the location are uncomfortable in the dreams, no matter how dull they are.

Every few months, I'll have a dream in this rural, ass-end middle-of-nowhere farm town. Very flat, aside from the "main" road of it which is raised up. The dreams I've had their range from the mundane (visiting a friend who, in the case of the "story" of the dream, lives there with his family) to the fucking weird (I murder my dad for some reason, freak out, and then invisible aliens abduct him to heal him, but restrict me from seeing him ever again). I've only ever seen it at night in the dreams (although really, that's pretty consistent in all of my dreams, so probably not that unusual) There's also a recurring mention/appearance of a mom-and-pop BBQ restaurant.

It looks like it'd be in the American Midwest or Texas. The latter of which I've actually been to. The dream land actually does kind of resemble my dad's hometown in Texas, but not quite. Although really, rural farm towns all look pretty similar in that region.

It's probably nothing, but I just find it interesting that I've seen it at least three times, each dream having a correlating element to others.
>>
I know how it feels. My dreamscape may not even be in this time and or on this planet.

It's a place with the softest grass that can be. Trees are shortish and reassuring. The sky glows permanently with the gold of a powerful setting sun, the light of which permeates and warms you to the very essence of your being.

I have a house with my name on it there. And someone is waiting for me to get there.
>>
Idk if this is right for this but i had a dream often when i was younger of a run down apoc city, The sky was mostly dark. Little no stars and had no moon. The streets had dim lights and there was small contand fires for more light, First time i had the dream i had what all i can come up with id a tour guide. I remember walking with her past a set of two steel doors that opened from the out side, I could hear voices from with in asked, Begging to be let out. I went to open it and she stopped me and told me no. It's the damned and we walked on.

Ive dreamed of this places more times i can remember, Last time i was in a different dream and walked down an ally in my city. Noticed the ally around me started to warp into the dark city and noped myself awake.
>>
>>18819090
Its like the goddamned place dreams to sneak up on me and suck me back into the fucking city. I'm not saying its hell but it has that vibe to it or if not hell its not far from it. The buildings are wore down with, No power, Broken windows and tall. The the streets have old papers, Though no cracks. I rarely meet other people there, Though i can hear many and always have that feeling im being watched. Think of the city in the movie Constantine with out the demons and fire or how the city in 28 days later looks but more run down and always night or just lack of light.
>>
>>18819099
*Goddamn places tries to sneak up on me. Sorry lack of sleep and typing on a phone.
>>
I keep having this dream. Im in a house, which is "my house" in the dream. The issue is that I don't know the layout at all. I wander around aimlessly, going up and down stairs, but I notice there is always a distinct lack of windows. The rooms are sometimes sealed off, where behind a broken wall I would see a room with furniture in it, but no actual door leading into it.

Oddly, the further I descend into the house, the more run down it looks. At first it was just a few flecks of paint missing from the walls, but it turned into full blown torn up floor boards, smashed sheetrock, and the rooms became more mold ridden and blackened from water damage. The bottom floor is a large, and I mean LARGE empty room with wooden floors and massive pillars supporting the ceiling, at least 100 feet high. The room is well lit, unlike the rest of the house.

I feel actually at home in this place. I feel an odd emotion. Its a sense of exploration and wonder, but of a place you already know. It makes me nostalgic.
>>
>>18818660
Can't help you, OP.
I'm sorry
But I thought I'd share one. Dreamscape takes place somehwere in a wooded, but also desert military complex in Russia. It was so unsettling, but i remembered the layout so vividly. I remember telling myself in the dream, that I must explore the plains more (Pretty sure I was aware of the dream being a dream) Woke up. This happened about a year ago, and can't stop thinking about it. Not alone, anon
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.