[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is love seen as the ultimate good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Love1.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Love1.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
Hey /x/
Do you know why an overly generous kind of love (similar to pity) is seen in most spiritual paths as the ultimate good? Why would something so weak and convenient be the actual good behavior?

This is bugging me because I feel like suffering is actually the best way to improve yourself, and so we shouldn't be too kind to people because by not being kind to them they end up growing mentaly.
>>
>>18817864
being a shithead to others is incredibly easy, but being nice to others even in the face of malevolence can be challenging
>>
>>18817864

I think the common interpretation is you should be a social welfare servant. I think the main idea however is freely giving of oneself in situations where it makes sense.

offering your talents, knowledge or expertise costs nothing and will be well received where its needed.
>>
>>18817997
Perhaps it's harder (and I could argue with that), but does that necessarily make it better? The thing is, love is being preached like it's the nature of this world, and that just seems too convenient to me. I'm not saying that love is a bad thing, but I'm wondering about what makes it so important.
>>
>>18817864
Check out Buddhism
>>
Basically "suffering" is retarded because why even. Lets just all be good from the start and actually get shit done rather than constantly fuck each other over to gain for one self. There is plenty of shit to go around for every one we all see that.
>>
>>18818039
But it's not about gaining things for yourself. The purpose of suffering is to learn, not to have fun screwing over people.

Also, I'm not sure there's much to do apart from learning, and it seems like suffering is a great way to do that
>>
>>18818018
I agree, but that doesn't really explain why love is so fundamentaly good.
>>
It's how The Most High uses his standard to judge us by...
>>
>>18818046
You shouldn't have to suffer or compete to learn you should just want to and get to
>>
I'd say that I let myself get fucked over a lot and I always do things for people even ones who have fucked me over. It's very hard and in the end I hurt others back which is against the idea. It's given me an identity I like though do I value myself. it doesn't change the fact most others don't value me though
>>
>>18818054
That would be nice indeed, but lately it seems like life has been trying to screw me over to force me to improve myself. and so I can't help myself but feel like suffering is this world's natural way of making us improve ourselves. And if this si the world' way of doing things, then it should work pretty well shouldn't it. But hey, perhaps I'm seeing things that I shouldn't be seeing.
>>
>>18818065
Something something darkest before the dawn. Do you want to be a (k)night or a peasant?
>>
>>18818057
That's an interesting point. So perhaps the only point of love would be to start valuing ourselves, less. But after that has been done then its purpose fades away.
>>
>>18817864
Otherwise there is only the abyss is why.
>>
>>18818072
What do you mean by that? I feel like what you said is fairly obvious.
>>
>>18817864
Alright. Here's the rundown between suffering and love.

Suffering is the friction that improves people, whether by having them dealing with the limitations of others, or dealing with suffering created by their own inadequacy. It's the weight we bear to make us better people in this life and the next. Suffering is also closely tied with ignorance, because how we are ignorant determines the kinds of suffering we deal with. And learning to overcome suffering is the primary test to improve ourselves in creation. Therefore the world presents suffering to people as a way for people to develop themselves into superior beings.

Love, on the other hand, is a state of mind that represents a higher frequency. Anytime a person drifts away from love, they drift away from the Light. Therefore, every 4chan post you or I have written that was based in anger or frustration is a lower state of being. Yet why is Love is the highest state of existence? Because Love represents coexistence with appreciation. God loves us because he is content with us and wants us to exist with him. Everything we love, we learn to coexist with in creation. Everything we hate and fear, is what we want to remove from creation for the sake of ourselves.

1/2 cont/
>>
>>18818076
Yeah I wouldn't choose this if I had any other real choice. I just don't get to hang out with others much and can't find love but in the end I'm here to hurt and love myself. I believe in Karma so the idea that someday I'll get compensated for everything helps a lot but I'd choose partying or hanging fun or being happy over this in almost any circumstance
>>
>>18818092
But you are fundamentally right here.

>this is bugging me because I feel like suffering is actually the best way to improve yourself, and so we shouldn't be too kind to people because by not being kind to them they end up growing mentaly.

Being Kind =/= being loving. Imagine the child who receives nothing but cookies and admiration from his parents. Very kind acts, but do they lead to a better child? No. Those actions create "Affleuenza" teens that wind up hurting others. Love is about understanding and sometimes if you love someone, you give them tough love to make them better people. Love is about raising the consciousness of another so that they themselves become loving of another. Therefore, sometimes when we love another, we do counter-intuitive things that make them suffer, so that they themselves raise their consciousness to become better people. You wouldn't love a criminal by letting them go free and helping them commit crime. You would instead give them rehabilitation and let them suffering so that they themselves become better people and raise their consciousness.

We suffer in hopes that our capacity to love and forgive improves. And sometimes when we love another we must let them suffer in order to improve themselves. They are intertwined very closely, which is how creation is structured.

However, the "wild card" is fear and anger. It isn't a problem when someone suffers. The problem emerges when their suffering causes them to give into fear and anger, which is the lowered state of consciousness that is dealt in the negative planes.

Do yourself a favor and take away all that causes you to feel anger and pain in your world, in order to raise your consciousness up into the divine. And, as you are instinctually aware of, let suffering teach others of their own ignorance, and learn to love people by understanding them. If you love a person the wrong way, you aren't loving them, but destroying them.
>>
>>18818092
>>18818110
Thanks for replying, that was an interesting read. So basically, as far as love is concerned, it's important because that's what caused us to exist to begin with, or is it simply because as a result of us being forced to live with other beings then it is only logical to learn to coexist with them?
>>
>>18818091
Basically you can live in grey mediocrity forever or try your best, bare the hardest burdens, and be "reborn". Fake it till you make it, then be it. Something once you go white you never go back in the tunnel
>>
>>18817864
You will continue to reincarnate on this physical plane until you learn how important love is.
>>
>>18818027
>love is being preached like it's the nature of this world, and that just seems too convenient to me
To me it seems like the opposite, love ISN'T natural, which is what makes it so special. The natural state of things is total indifference.
>>
File: Stalin-stares-into-your-soul-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin-stares-into-your-soul-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>18818132
Love is more like a frequency of the soul. Higher frequency souls can deal with greater and greater stress from creation, while lower frequency souls can only deal with a smaller and smaller list of creation, without giving in to destruction. Think of Stalin's soul. A being that literally murdered his own friends out of deep-seated fear and paranoia. Stalin didn't need to 'co-exist' with the people he purged from existence, because he had the power. But he was a very low-frequency soul because his range of dealing with others was so limited.

So to answer the second part
> is it simply because as a result of us being forced to live with other beings then it is only logical to learn to coexist with them?

There are (probably) entire alien races, let alone human societies, that never have to learn to co-exist with others, and simply murder whatever gets in the way of the self. They are low-frequency beings that are only interested in doing harm.

On the other hand, God loves all of creation, because God can co-exist with all of creation, due to his omnipotence. God created the universe out of Love, because he wants us all to exist and inevitably raise our own frequencies to exist with all of creation. So the first part of your question is the correct part. If we want to join God and be closer to a God-like being, we must raise our consciousness into love, and maintain the stress of being there. Suffering is merely the challenge that makes us stronger as beings, or becomes too much for us to bear and we fail to develop ourselves in this lifetime.
>>
>>18818186
I think I get it now. So to still be able to love is to have overcome the suffering, and therefore have overcome yourself. In the end love is the confirmation of the suffering having done its work.
>>
>>18818211
Better than I can put it.
>>
>>18818213
Thanks anon, I feel like this thread is over now thanks to you. I'll let it up though so other people who had to same question might get the answer they were looking for.
>>
>>18817864
I think most of the time people just use "love" and "passion" as synonyms. But either way, there is nthing weak about someone dedicating his life to something.
>suffering is actually the best way to improve yourself
And yeah, there is a thin line between love and suffering.You have to know what you are missing. So I guess you are right on that one
>>
File: allison.png (524KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
allison.png
524KB, 600x397px
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.