[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any got any good cults to research?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

File: Heavensgatelogo.jpg (9KB, 246x202px) Image search: [Google]
Heavensgatelogo.jpg
9KB, 246x202px
I've been doing some research on Heaven's Gate but I'd like some more.
>>
File: homework_lady.jpg (66KB, 515x720px) Image search: [Google]
homework_lady.jpg
66KB, 515x720px
Do your own homework.
>>
File: rael.jpg (16KB, 350x224px) Image search: [Google]
rael.jpg
16KB, 350x224px
>>18814589
check into the Raelians. i think they're the biggest ufo/et cult around now. there's a biotech company called Clonaid owned by them which claimed to have produced the first human clone back in 2000 but never disclosed any proof due to privacy issues.

the guy in this picture is Rael, the leader. can't remember what his real name is.
>>
Iglesia ni Cristo. It's a Filipino Christian splinter group that's very controversial and regularly influences the country's elections through its block voting. It also had an incident wherein the founders and the current leaders had a spat which climaxed in an alleged kidnapping (which filled the news for a while) a year or two back.
>>
>>18814630
wow, that church looks like some kind of fancy cake.
>>
Order of Nine Angles
>>
>>18814641
anything is possible with corrupt funds coming from government cronies. even church cakes.
>>
File: shrub_and_bush.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
shrub_and_bush.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>18814589
Bohemian Grove
>>
File: ST.jpg (849KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ST.jpg
849KB, 2048x1365px
scientology
>>
>>18814589
Dinimonism, like NRA or 7 mountains are ones to dig up a bunch of crap on
>>
>>18814589
check out the Unarius Academy of Science.
>>
>>18814729
You know your bosses made you cover Bush ass, don't you?
>>
Every suicide in Heaven's Gate had 5 dollars in quarters in their pockets. The only conclusion I can come to is that the afterlife is coin-operated.
>>
>>18814589
Look in the archive of internet for the school of galatorg......
BEE welcome.
>>
File: kek.jpg (286KB, 1536x1021px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
286KB, 1536x1021px
Westboro Baptist Church
>>
>>18814601
Pete Townshend accidentally inspired the Raelian cult.
>>
>>18814808
funny enough, rael has been accused of plagiarism many times.
>>
File: 1489830571142.png (452KB, 688x890px) Image search: [Google]
1489830571142.png
452KB, 688x890px
>>18814719
>Younger Alex Jones
>>
>>18814775
Gotta cross the river styx somehow.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
https://www.scribd.com/doc/212586662/Chumbley-The-Grimoire-of-the-Golden-Toad
>>
>>18814601
>"Humans were designed, Manga Version"
>>
Ramtha's School of Enlightenment

I grew up pretty close to their compound. They're a weird New Age cult led by a woman who claims to channel the spirit of an ancient Atlantean warrior (who speaks in a bad Indian accent). The believe some pretty crazy shit, but have a lot of rich members, including Salma Hayek. They also produced that "What the (bleep) Do We Know" movie as a recruiting tool.
>>
>>18814589
AUM was pretty scary in the day in Japan. In AUM's prime it rivalled the Yukuza in scope and power.

Here's one story about why you never wanted to fuck with them.

A man who was a former AUM member agreed to appear on a Japanese talk show on the grounds his face be blurred out. And when the show aired, it was. What the man DIDN'T know was that the fucking host of the show was AUM. After taping wrapped up the host dutifully and personally showed the unblurred footage to Shoko himself. The man and his entire an fucking family were all dead a few hours later.
>>
>>18817839
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Shinrikyo
>>
I remember a thread from here, from 2013 or 2012 maybe. A guy received an email with a picture or a link or something, at first it seemed there was nothing on it, then /x/ started to work and it was found that it contained the word yoke on it and don't ask me how it turned out the picture was taken inside the mansion where the heaven's gate suicided and you could barely see a corpse on it and it led to a website maintained since 97 from a possible member that was still active and... it was pretty bizarre and I don't remember all the details.
>>
File: sssc.jpg (138KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
sssc.jpg
138KB, 900x900px
>>
File: photo.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
>>
Happy Science, the heroic cult that spoke out against AUM before it was cool.
>>
Someone suggested I cross post over here so I was a part of http://www.thedivinescience.com/ for 2 years. Not as crazy as any of the above (yet), but still pretty fucking crazy. And it has the benefit of still being active if you want a glimpse into what goes on in these groups.

https://tdssanctuary.wordpress.com/ - blog by ex-members

http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,23570.0.html - forum drama involving some teachers in the "school"
>>
>>18814601
>>18814589
I've recently watched the Louis Theoroux's Weird Weekends episode on UFO stuff. Chilling to know that the Heaven's Gate were getting ready to commit suicide at the time they tried to contact them.
>>
>>18814643
Still don't know whether it was neo fascists infiltrating the british chaos magick scene, or chaotes infiltrating the neo fascist scene or the MI6 infiltrating both chaotes and neofascists at the same time.
>>
File: !!.png (360KB, 1025x458px) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
360KB, 1025x458px
>>
Mormonism. It only takes a few seconds to see through their blasphemy and bullshit. It's also a good study on how something so stupid can find respect in mainstream news.
>>
>>18820389
ONA has literally nothing to do with chaos magic.
>>
>>18814775
Something to do with the laundry machines being broke, so you have to use the coin-op ones across the hall in purgatory til they get them fixed.
>>
>>18820419
>to see through their blasphemy
>blasphemy
that would imply you believe in one fairy tale story over another

protip: they're all bullshit fairy tales anon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.