[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unintentionally scary children's books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0964.jpg (36KB, 350x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
36KB, 350x312px
Post children's books that weren't meant to be scary, but still unsettled or terrified you in some way.

I'll start with Tub Boo Boo. I never even read this book, but the cover really creeped me out when I saw it in a library as a kid.
>>
A Bad Case of Stripes scared me as a kid.
>>
Stinky cheese man :D
>>
File: spongeconfusion.png (117KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
spongeconfusion.png
117KB, 258x196px
There was one book I saw in the library of my grade school that fucked with me when I was young, we're talking around kindergarten/first grade here.

So all of the little-kid books in the library were in this one lower set of shelves. I was a dumbass kid who looked at the crammed books based on how nice I thought the spines looked; and this one book had a nice looking spine, it was called "Klutz". But the cover itself scared the ever loving shit out of me. I don't remember if it was like OP's pic, or like deformed actual photographs of people, but it looked messed up.

It terrified me, and maybe this was the weirdest thing of all, but I checked it out anyway (Looking back, I had this weird strategy of getting dangerously close to whatever scared me without actually confronting it. I guess a "keep your enemies closer" type of deal so that I knew it wouldn't sneak up on me.)

So anyway, I don't remember that much of what the book actually was, it scared me though. I did hesitantly flip through it, like to one page, and it was a two-page shot of more defigured people standing on a hill or mound or something, maybe at sunset. If I saw it today I would probably be disappointed, I got scared by a lot of dumb shit as a kid. But Googling it never found it for me. Does anyone know more?
>>
The only book images to scare me were scary stories to read in the dark, but thats normal. The closest thing I have is the death screen from the fucking Disney game Arachnophobia for the Commodore 64. Just look at it. I know this was a game about spiders and its suppose to be creepy, but this was Disney in the 80s. My 6 year old self wasnt expecting to see this upon losing the game. I still remember playing and when my health would get low, id turn off the computer so I wouldnt have to see this. Hilariously G rated by what im sure 6 year olds see in games today.
>>
I remember this one book we had in our house as a kid, it has those thick pages where the pictures pop up and shit.

I remember it having really creepy drawings of rabbits with human-like figures. And the eyes of the kid (the main character I guess) Always has his eyes wide open staring at you, like every fucking page.

It's also possible that it's just my imagination as a kid, because I also saw ghosts as a lil boi
>>
"Struwwelpeter", a prime example of how messed up kids books used to be. My copy was a Christmas present to a boy in 1931 from his grandparents, which kind of spooks me.
>>
Parts by Ted Arnold

Was supposed to be a silly book I think, but ends up having that kind of...Distorted children horror, like what you might see in a show like Rugrats? Anyways, the long short is, a young boy apparently becomes brutally aware of his mortality, when he believes his body is falling apart.
>>
File: A Bad Case of Stipes.jpg (31KB, 311x400px) Image search: [Google]
A Bad Case of Stipes.jpg
31KB, 311x400px
>>
This book, fucking hell.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.