[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urbex exploring tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

What should i bring, some tips maybe storeis
>>
OP here pic kind of related exploring a hospital
>>
>>18813084
I'll tell you what not to bring:
>weapon of any kind
>lockpicks or any burglary equipment

If you get caught by police (which will happen to you eventually) and they will search you because they're not going to believe your shitty story about exploring and taking photos, and you have one of those items, you're fucked.
>>
I've been into Urbex photography for years now. I can share some horror stories with you. always remember it can go bad fast.. after the last incident I had about 4 months ago I haven't been doing much exploring lately..

As for gear bring gloves, a respirator, camera (I use a fuji XPRO2) some people swear by big heavy ass DSLR'S but there not practical in a lot of tight places.

If you're into it for the photography side I can give you some solid advice..

>always bring a fast wide angle lens and get all you're wide shots first then go back in AFTER you switch len's to get some detail shots I tend to use a 14mm for wide and a 35mm for detail.. on bro sensors like my camera thats equivalent to a 24mm and a 50mm

>leave you're camera bag and gear in a empty room near the front of the building. that way if you have to make a quick escape you're not running through a potential 2 or 3 story building lugging you're shit, grab it on the way out the door.

>whenever you see a window with light pouring in kick up some dust on the ground before you take you're shot. the light beams will catch it and it makes a normally boring shot 100 times better

>carry a business card or something that states you're a photographer. if you run into trouble I can't tell you how many times flashing a business card showing that you're not there to destroy the place can get you off with a warning.

>learn how to frame shots. a picture with the subject centered is boring. learn the rule of thirds, and some basic photography composition

>always bracket shots that way you can merge them in lightroom to get the exposure correct.

>don't fuck with the camera settings to much you're time in these places is usually limited. go by the rule set it and forget it. leave iso at auto 400 so it never goes above and introduces noise set the camera in aperture priority mode and you're set just remember BRACKET
>>
>>18813285
I can also give you some advanced editing tips if the photography aspect of it is you're thing
>>
>>18813280

that's some good advice you got here
>>
>>18813280
Yeah I didn't mention not to bring weapons, but I've been attacked twice doing this shit and a good friend of mine was in some bad situations exploring a few times also.

I always bring atleast a Swiss Army knife. You really do need to protect you're self
>>
File: 41sgJFEEhOL.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41sgJFEEhOL.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
I hope y'all'll never have to thank me, but if that day came and y'all didnt have one of these y'all'd have a fun story to tell if you make it trough
>>
File: IMG_20170324_161959212.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_161959212.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>18813084
I posted my list in the other urbex thread, bit here's a photo of the stuff I usually take.
- jungle boots. They are sturdy and grippy, but light enough to run and climb in.
- waterproof camera. I live in the Pacific Northwest where everything is either wet or flooded. I like all my shit either waterproof or it goes in a Ziploc bag or two.
- hydration pack with bladder. Also carries my other crap.
- chemlights. I rarely ever use them, but they're a cheap long lasting backup.
- marker. Dunno why it was in my bag but it's probably useful for something.
- Sturdy pocket knife. Make sure it's legal and acceptable where you're going.
- lighter. Never go anywhere without one.
- toilet paper. Leaves suck.
- gas mask. This one is overkill for most places. Make sure your shit seals and you have good filters. P100 for asbestos. But there's more to worry about in abandoned places than just asbestos. Mold can be really bad, and the dust from years of rodent, bat, and bird excrement can cause some gnar respiratory infections.
- the black leather pouch has a set of runes in it. This is /x/--i was doing a spooky reading in a spooky abandoned mine in the woods.
- spare batteries. They go in a Ziploc.
- mini headlamp. This one is my backup, it's tiny and waterproof.
- main headlamp. Also waterproof, pretty small, an runs on a single AA battery.
- flashlight. Waterproof, single AA battery. I rarely use bigger lights.
- gloves. These ones have hard knuckle guards.
- snacks.
>>
>>18813084
Bring sandwiches.

Don't take it to seriously or you'll look ridiculous.
>>
File: 1481519709940.gif (3MB, 452x254px) Image search: [Google]
1481519709940.gif
3MB, 452x254px
>>18813841
>No gun
You fucking Madman
>>
>>18813859
As I mentioned in the other thread, I usually cc a Glock 19 and take it with me in mines and other remote type places. If I'm visiting more urban places, or locations with active security, I leave it at home or secured in my vehicle. It's too much of a liability to be arrested trespassing while armed. Plus I'm a large, fit dude-- I can fight off or outrun pretty much any junkie or hobo.
>>
>>18813859

My friend got rolled going into a abandoned factory at 2 am they stole his camera bag and a bunch of shit. he reported it but couldn't elaborate on where it happened (trespassing obviously) two days later he got a call from the police station they found his camera and bag because someone tried to pawn it at a local pawn shop and it immediately came up as missing.

another time I was going into a old abandoned TB hospital with my cousin and it seemed empty we stayed inside for about a half hour with know signs of anyone. as soon as we left the building two guys came out of the woods looked homeless and started questioning what we were doing and who we were.

we told them multiple times we just go around and take pictures of abandoned shit. they insisted on seeing our cameras and what we had on them.. I pulled out my camera and started flipping through the pictures. one guy pushed my cousin and the other tried to grab my camera. I went to take a swing at the guy and he started screaming john get over here. two other guys came out of the woods holding bottles like they were going to use them as weapons before they could group me and my cousin booked it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.