[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theories about "Lyle Stevik"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Lyle1.jpg (61KB, 699x819px) Image search: [Google]
Lyle1.jpg
61KB, 699x819px
What do you think went on, /x/?

Long story short: guy is found hanging after suicide in hotel room, left no note other than a crumpled up bit of paper in bin saying "SUICIDE", piece of paper saying "For the room" with more money than necessary to pay for the room, no belongings on him, no ID, nothing. Nobody knows anything about him.

Name turned out to be fake, address he gave to the front desk belonged to a different hotel - different hotel was contacted, they had no recollection of "Lyle".
>>
>>18811280
Additional info here:

https://whokilledwho.org/2015/05/09/the-peculiar-case-of-lyle-stevik/
>>
>>18811280
It was either suicide or murder made to look like suicide. There. Its that simple.
>>
>>18811293
no shit but they're asking for opinions on why this guy was so secretive i assume

i think this dude might have just been opportunistic since it happened around 9/11 but i don't think any family relations are connected, dunno
>>
oh shit, i live nearby. In aberdeen, wa (grays harbor as well).Kinda want to look into this a bit
>>
>>18811321
Well if you want an opinion, then the dude looks like the kind of dumbass that would owe money to the wrong people.
>>
>>18811359
Why does so much weird shit happen in WA? Bellingham bro here
>>
>>18811391
thats a very good question man. As far as the guy from OPs post goes, I bet he was off one of the boats. I worked for an indirect verizon store / computer repair place till it closed, and we would get a ton of people off of random boats that would dock, wherever, and come to aberdeen to buy as much shit as possible to take back to eastern europe, is what I was told.
>>
>>18811406
OP here, how likely could this be?
>>
>>18811406
Yeah dude, my buddy is a fisherman on a small boat. He took me out a few times all over the coast, I've seen some WEIRD fucking people
>>
>>18811280
Perhaps he relocated to avoid the knowledge of his death and suicide upsetting his loved ones.
>>
>>18811412
We would get people in the store weekly on such trips. Also, i found a link implying other people were in the room at some point.
http://www.throwbacknews.com/15-years-after-lyle-stevik-died-in-an-apparent-suicide-new-information-could-prove-this-mysterious-loner-was-not-so-alone-after-all

So they never found a wallet or debit card but the money was super crisp, there are pictures. He doesnt look like he is from the area at all. The name he gives SOUNDS foreign, but no one can track him down in the states. He acted "odd" around all the people he interacted with. I would say there is a decent chance.
>>
>>18811414
you guys ever see anything weird out on the water? Ive heard stories of people out on boats bringing in a ton of these giant egg sack type things. No would could say what they were. Not 100 percent sure I believe the guy that told me though
>>
File: d95.jpg (37KB, 676x436px) Image search: [Google]
d95.jpg
37KB, 676x436px
>>18811436
>MFW
>>
>>18811448
lol. It looks like my theory may be fucked. There was an isotope test done on his remains, supposedly they can map where he has been from this? The results posted on reddit shows he mostly stayed on the west coast.
>>
>>18811445
Not egg sack things, but around false Bay (we went through there coming home at night once) we were cruising at around 25 knots when a pod of whales breached right next to us, like literally 5 feet away. We stopped and shined our spotlight on them, we watched as they swam east breaching every now and then, when something smacked into our boat SUPER hard. Completely calm water at this point so it wasn't a log or anything, and if it was another whale we would have seen some sign of moving water, wakes etc. Anyways, that shit hit us so hard it knocked one of the guys out, so we scrambled to get something to throw to him. By the time we had something and shined our lights at the water it was totally calm. Maybe 30 seconds later he surfaced almost 400 feet away from us, screaming bloody murder. We hauled ass over to get him, threw him in and asked wtf happened and how the hell he got so far away while weighed down by all his gear and waders. The only thing he remembered was being grabbed by some weird type of hand. He said it felt big, and like it had elongated fingers. Whatever it was it cut up his waders pretty fucking good from grabbing him.

Shit was spooky as fuck
>>
>>18811487
Holy. Fuck.
>>
>>18811487
Also, if this threads up tomorrow ill post some WA stories. Nothing crazy like that, never really been out on the water myself, but Ive "Seen" some shit in the Grays Harbor area woods.
>>
>>18811487
scary as fuck
>>
File: sorry to ruin your spoops.jpg (38KB, 650x416px) Image search: [Google]
sorry to ruin your spoops.jpg
38KB, 650x416px
>>18811487
>large, predatory squid
>Pacific Ocean
>weigh up to 50 kg (100 lb)
>reputation for aggression towards humans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humboldt_squid

What can I say, I like to ruin fun.
>>
>>18812520
They have caught those several times on accident, the owner of the boat asked him repeatedly if he thought it could have been a squid. He was 100% sure it felt like a LARGE hand.
Also those squid very rarely come all the way up to the surface, let alone have the power to drag a 200 pound (plus another probably 50-70 pounds of gear) that far away.
Not a squid.
>>
>>18812589
>let alone have the power to drag a 200 pound (plus another probably 50-70 pounds of gear) that far away.
It's an animal that's made up of mostly muscle that's literally designed for efficient swimming in a near-weightless environment. Pulling 200-270 pounds wouldn't be that surprising.
>>
>>18812837
Not 300-500 feet in a short amount of time? Believe what you want man, but I'll trust the experienced fisherman who has tons of experience with all sorts of sea creatures.
>>
>>18812845
Yes, it was obviously a sea giant. Possibly even Poseidon himself, or maybe even Davy Jones!
>>
>>18812891
Oh I'm sorry, when did you explore the other 95% of the ocean and catalog every creature down there?
>>
http://imgur.com/a/2XEV9/all
NSFW crime scene photos.
apparently there was an open bible there as well and some marks on his knuckle that i dont think the first link posted mentioned
>>
>>18813927
Opinion? He pissed someone off over money. They were the wrong people. They hung him in the Hotel. Probably had him get the room based on some information. He tried to fight them off. Didn't get far. Knocked him out and hung him up. Thought about forging a note. Didn't bother. No next of kin around. No problems. Maid discovers him. If it wasn't just a suicide to begin with. Spitballing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.