[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 14

File: thoth-hierophant.jpg (109KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
thoth-hierophant.jpg
109KB, 334x500px
The "No I am Not Ape of Th0tH, sorry" edition.

/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
File: 3Precession.gif (64KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
3Precession.gif
64KB, 800x590px
>>18810667
Blackthorn for Darkness and the Veil of the Night.
Whitethorn for Brightness and the Blessing of Sight.
Rowan for Blood and the Secrets Within.
Willow for Wishes that in our hearts sing.
Yew for the Black One and the Souls of the Dead.
Hazel for Cunning, for the Spells we have said.
Apple for the Fruit and the Harvest of Life
Ivy for Binding, of Hand, Bough and Knife.
>>
>>18810667
how to use magic for the ultimate unnatty gains
(you think this is a joke but it isn't)
>>
>>18810694
Start by not assuming you know what strangers on the interwebs are thinking. That's my first recommendation.
>>
How can I summon

>Splendid vendor xeno.

Anyone?
>>
https://discord.gg/PZVup4g
>>
If this thread live, or if it die, I care not...for I am homeward bound, to go get high! Goodnight, friends.
>>
File: IMG_2686.jpg (3MB, 2840x1946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2686.jpg
3MB, 2840x1946px
Hey Ape, did you ever get to look at the 1,300 y.o. Egyptian text that got translated back in 2014? The "Handbook of Ritual Power"?
>>
>>18810694
you're going to need at least 6 scoops.
>>
Tell me your HONEST opinion on chakras and shit.
>>
>>18811885
I have the feeling the profound silence is very eloquent.
>>
>>18810991
Time to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>18810694
>vibrate "aum baumaya nama" 108 times every day for 40 days
>start when moon is waxing, in taurus or aries and is not void
>strongly visualize yourself gaining muscle for a few minutes afterwards
Easy.
>>
>>18812240
Thanks.

>>18811885
see
>>18812240

>>18810971
I remember hearing about that but haven't found a .pdf I should get back on that.

>>18810709
Haven't seen him in two years. Even took down his FB page.
>>
>>18812368
>his FB page

speaking of that, are there any spots on FB worth being in for occult-related chit-chat? What happened to the "thelemic discussion board," or whatever it was called? Links that used to go there are now broken :( I waste a lot of time on that website and wouldn't mind occult-ing up my experience there
>>
File: revalations-angel.jpg (522KB, 1100x1352px) Image search: [Google]
revalations-angel.jpg
522KB, 1100x1352px
Bump.
>>
hehe Ape just noticed your subsection for comments on AL is labelled Pestilence
>>
>>18809786
Magic in a nontraditional sense would better be described as practices that work through an ostensibly similar model such as hypnosis or a method working with obscure and obfuscated techniques such as persuasion or any sufficiently advanced field of study that yields similar results. Manipulating probabilities in your favor is indistinguishable from lower forms of magic when done well enough as is a great degree of intuitive, internalized knowledge. It isn't until you get into more advanced practices that results are beyond the likelihood of occuring as a result of consciously being really good at something.
>>
>>18812434
>tfw someone notices your in(itiate)-jokes.

>>18812386
Very very little is actually good. Of all the groups I've joined and left only one has proven to be useful for longer than a couple weeks, but it's slow, specialty, and invite/approve based because 'no fun allowed'.

>>18812393
>93
Thanks.
>>
>>18810667
How do I use magic to stop being a manlet?
>>
So Ape, you are a thelemite, correct?
Is it because you had better results?
I remember using a crowley tarot in the past, those cards sure told me things.
>>
>>18812523
>>>18812386 (You)
>Very very little is actually good. Of all the groups I've joined and left only one has proven to be useful for longer than a couple weeks, but it's slow, specialty, and invite/approve based because 'no fun allowed'.

name names plz
>>
>>18812552
No, because it's the most developed metaphilosophy to apply broadly to synchretic practices. "Method of Science, Aim of Religion", etc.

>>18812555
>555
No.
>>
>>18812559
>>>18812555 (You)
>>555
>No.
u so severe daddy. y u gotta hate my tri-geboran vibes.
>>
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Apep_2.jpg

bump
>>
should we translate Thelemic source texts into Arabic in an effort to stem the rising tide of islam?
>>
>you will never do very complex sex rituals to attune your spirit
>>
I wanna know more about Thelema, how does Thelema view the spirit?
Do we have little trees of life in our spirit bodies or...?
>>
>>18812523
Ape, what's the best way to go about Celecrating the rception of Liber AL? And is it done all 3 days or just 1? Thanks.
>>
>93
Read the chapters aloud the three days on which they was received, minimum
>>
>>18812809
^this.
>>
>>18812809
>>18812816
Gracias. Any certain Rites that should be performed? I'm already planning a general feast.
>>
Ape, what's the word on Jerry Cornelius' A.'.A.'.? While I'm at it, what do you think of David Shoemaker and his group?
>>
So, looking at the planetary attributions on the Tree of Life, it looks like (after having been discovered) Uranus and Neptune used to be attributed to Chokmah and Kether, respectively, then switched places later on...is this correct? Also, is there a proper attribution of Pluto to the sepheroth and, if so, what is it or where can I look for more info on this? All the texts I own on the subject seem to be pre-Pluto. Thanks.
>>
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Deuteronomy 18:10-12
>>
>>18812942
1 John 4:1 -Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Revelation 22:14-15 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
Look, I can make the Bible adhere to what I believe, as well!
>>
>>18812942
That book fell directly in the hands of the people of the devil. So by all means all the unknowingly devil worshippers who follow it should be laughed out of the board.

This is why there are so many contradictions and non canon books.

PS. The Snake and the Dragon are not evil, so imagine how upside down the doctrine is.
>>
>>18812963
The scripture I quoted is perfectly clear. It's up to you to either obey your creator or perish with the other rebels.
>>18812975
Repent and believe, for the kingdom of God is at hand.
>>
>>18812980
Oh, but I believe, just not in your devil worship.
In fact I even reached by the hand of God Dragon/Serpent consciousness and that same day God promised me heaven in a dream.

What makes you think your book was never rewritten by the people of the devil? Even in its poor state the bible still says the world is in the hands of the devil.
>>
>>18812980

My favorite part of the Bible is the part of the New Testament where Jesus absolves his followers of the need for following the Laws of Moses.

The books of the Torah are provided in the Bible only for context on the coming of Christ and the progression of the Hebrew religion as the true faith.

At least >>18812963
posts quotes from the applicable parts of the Holy Texts. You internet Christians make me crazy.
>>
>>18812980
Yes, so is the scripture I quoted. It's *all* perfectly clear, if you don't consider any of it in the greater context of the compilation from which you quote. I mean, take any book that contradicts itself from chapter to chapter, and chances are you can find lines to affirm or refute just about any belief or opinion.
MY Holy Book says: "Also the mantras and spells; the obeah and the wanga; the work of the wand and the work of the sword; these he shall learn and teach." -Liber AL, I:37
But my Holy Book also tells me not to come force my beliefs on other people, or to tell them they are (or even believe them to be) wrong for having different beliefs!
>>
>>18812992
http://www.truecovenanter.com/truelutheran/luther_against_the_antinomians.html
>>
>>18813003
Fuck Luther.
>The Beguines did nothing wrong.
>>
>>18812991
>What makes you think the bible was never rewritten by the people of the devil?
Uncomfortable silence, somebody must have noticed the personality of somebody.
>>
>>18813003

There were not ten commandments.

The Ten Commandments were sourced from Jesus' teachings as those which maintained the spirit of all of Moses' laws.
>>
>>18813103
Well, I'm pretty sure there were a lot more than ten, no?
>>
>>18813112

Like 350 or something like that.

Like, you know. Not wearing clothing of two fabrics worn together, or not touching the skin of pigs, or not planting two different kinds of crops next to each other.
>>
>>18813116
Or masturbating into your sock, then stuffing it wayy down to the bottom of the hamper, like it's been there a long time. I think that was in Leviticus.
>>
>>18813126
Still, putting idolatry (of which the Christian definition is way off base anyway, because many Christians consider Hindus to be idolaters for example) and covetousness and disrespecting one's parents up there with murder, then NOT including rape, was a pretty sloppy editorial job, in my opinion.
>>
What exactly is it that thelemites mean by the aeon of horus, assuming they're reasonably educated and don't actually believe that society evolved from a goddess worshiping matriarchy to a resurrecting god worshiping patriarchy
>>
>>18813245
Thelemites accept Liber AL as it was received, in the original manuscript form.
>>
>>18813103

>There were not ten commandments.
>The Ten Commandments were sourced from Jesus' teachings as those which maintained the spirit of all of Moses' laws.
The ten commandments are those that all of israel heard directly from god, not through a prophet acting as an intermediary
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+20&version=NIV

>>18813159
>NOT including rape
If you don't covet what you don't have, you don't rape. Obviously this doesn't cover marital rape, but at least the rabbi's were consistent on this point if i remember right; if a woman wanted to have sex with her husband it was the husbands obligation to have sex with her.

If you want to criticize the ethics of the pentateuch, i'd point to god demanding genocide a bunch
>>
>>18813265
You VERY much misunderstand *why* people commit rape. It is very uncommon, indeed, for someone to commit rape merely because they want to have sex with that person. But you fundi Xtians are always misconstruing, conflating, and projecting.
>>
File: tarot memez.png (179KB, 758x801px) Image search: [Google]
tarot memez.png
179KB, 758x801px
>>
https://discord.gg/dFd2CZY
>>
>>18813253
sure, but what does that mean? I assume most thelemites think lots of people have received channeled communications. It's also not immediately obvious that Liber AL was making a claim about a new aeon or defining one. I guess if i understand the golden dawn better i'd see that the equinox of the gods line was claiming a new aeon, but it's still not clear to me what this means if we don't accept the dated anthropology of a shift from matriarchal goddess worship to worship of a resurrecting god.
>>
>>18813274
>uncommon, indeed, for someone to commit rape merely because they want to have sex with that person. But you fundi Xtians are always misconstruing, conflating, and projecting.
Why do you think people usually rape people and why? not trying to pick a fight, genuinely want to learn. Not a fundi or a christian btw, see my criticism of yhvh as a genocidal monster
>>
>>18813286
You are right, it was uncalled for. Generally as a means of dominance, power, or revenge, seem the most common, but sometimes mentally ill people do it to satisfy their apparently uncontrollable compulsions, I suppose. Then again, most rapists aren't likely mentally healthy anyway. If we're talking about date/ statutory rape, that's generally a different ballgame.
>>
>>18813283

Have you read Liber AL a couple times? I can personally say I get more out of it every time I read it, but there are commentaries on it that I suppose you could read, probably even in Ape's library. But generally speaking,
>Liber L vel Legis is NOT to be changed, not so much as a single letter, from the original received manuscript
>It DOES NOT matter what the Vellum Book says. It DOES NOT matter what Crowely IMPLIED the Vellum Book MIGHT SAY.
&c.
That's from the previous thread about the kill/fill "controversy" but I think it applies here fairly well, too.
>>
>>18813337
>Have you read Liber AL a couple times?
yeah, and the crowley commentaries and i know the outline of the story behind it with rose and the stele etc. There's a lot there, it's interesting and occasionally quite lovely.

I appreciate you responding, but if you're answering my question I'm not following you.

What's the aeon of horus and how do you know? What does it mean that it's that aeon now? What does it mean that AC is it's prophet and how do you know?
>>
>>18813380
The answer to your questions are all contained within Liber L itself, is all I'm saying. Evidence for the Aeon of Horus and what the Aeon of Horus is are especially in there. If you want to test its validity, run some numbers on it, cross reference it with the correspondences, etc. That's the best way to know for oneself.
>>
>>18813380
>What's the aeon of horus and how do you know?
You tell me.

The only thing Liber L tells me is that Ra-Hoor-Khuit hath taken his seat in the East at the Equinox of the Gods and later the Double Wanded One shall take his place with their own prophet.

>What does it mean that it's that aeon now?
Is it?
The Tunis Comment tells us to appeal to Crowley's interpretations. It doesn't tell us that they're the final word.

>What does it mean that AC is it's prophet
This is actually getting somewhere interesting and actionable.
>>
>>18813384
Gotcha, fair enough, thanks

>>18813394 in this post you're expressing my opinion almost exactly, but it seems to me to be the case that thelemites broadly agree that it's the aeon of horus based i assume on crowley's commentary which appeals to facts I would think most intelligent thelemites wouldn't accept. The few intelligent thelemites i've spoken to in person viewed the succesion of aeons to be a sort heightening of ascent of the median seeker's ascension up the tree of life but they couldn't support this position well in my opinion, possibly because they were forbidden to make complete their case due to oaths of secrecy. I wonder how widely accepted the succession of aeons/present aeon as horus is and how much consensus there is on what these even mean.
>>
>>18813416
I feel that Aeonics are a stellar matter.
Dee's Enochian work supports this.

See image here: >>18810691

I'd quibble with your description of the migration away from goddess/fertility cults as outdated. Outdated? Sure. Wrong? Well, I mean, we have a horizon at which diffuse and non-sophisticated fertility cults cease to operate and where more sophistocated materials start to take off; probably at some point between G. Tepe and the creation of the Pyramid Texts (Rulership of Unas in Egypt).
>>
>>18813444
>we have a horizon at which diffuse and non-sophisticated fertility cults cease to operate and where more sophistocated materials start to take off; probably at some point between G. Tepe and the creation of the Pyramid Texts (Rulership of Unas in Egypt).

yeeee. ^

Can you say more re: Stellar aeons and that image?
>>
>>18813416
>in this post you're expressing my opinion almost exactly, but it seems to me to be the case that thelemites broadly agree that it's the aeon of horus based i assume on crowley's commentary which appeals to facts I would think most intelligent thelemites wouldn't accept. The few intelligent thelemites i've spoken to in person viewed the succesion of aeons to be a sort heightening of ascent of the median seeker's ascension up the tree of life but they couldn't support this position well in my opinion, possibly because they were forbidden to make complete their case due to oaths of secrecy. I wonder how widely accepted the succession of aeons/present aeon as Horus is and how much consensus there is on what these even mean.

Kenneth Grant thinks (or at least intimated once) that it may be the aeon of Ma'at
>>
>>18813444
>I feel that Aeonics are a stellar matter.
>Dee's Enochian work supports this.
>See image here
This shit is what i'm talking about, thanks. Aeons=shift from thuban to kochab to polaris? definitely sheds new light on your interest in draconis and the pyramid texts, although i'm far from putting all those dots together (accidental constellation joke).

>>18813444
>Sure. Wrong? Well, I mean, we have a horizon at which diffuse and non-sophisticated fertility cults cease to operate and where more sophistocated materials start to take off; probably at some point between G. Tepe and the creation of the Pyramid Texts (Rulership of Unas in Egypt).
I don't know much about history of religion and i know a good deal less than you about crowley so i apologize if I'mm way off base here, but it seems like we have increased sophistication all over the place at different times and a continued fertility goddess worship in places where it wasn't suppressed by the abrahamic faiths and in some places where it was. I don't see anything like an aeonic shift away from godess worship, not even away from Isis worship on a timeline that fits neatly with any notion of succession off the top of my admittedly fairly ignorant head.
>>
>>18813544
>I don't see anything like an aeonic shift away from godess worship, not even away from Isis worship on a timeline that fits neatly with any notion of succession off the top of my admittedly fairly ignorant head.
https://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/e/emergence_of_the_goddess.html
>from The Mythology of Venus Ancient Calendars and Archaeoastronony

Yeahyeahyeah; Outhouse Publications (Llyewellyn). Read the article.
>>
>>18813565
Heading out now but will do tonight or tomorrow, thanks again

If you define aeons by when x is pole star, the present aeon would begin around 500 right? So I'm figuring you go by when the pole star is closest to the pole which is around 1100 bc for Kochab and 2100 for Polaris, is that right? Also something about Orion and Osiris and Egyptian hippo goddess constellation that I'll look into more when I get back
>>
Hail unto Thee, who art Tum in Thy setting, even unto Thee who art Tum in Thy joy.
>>
File: 1423251963330.jpg (157KB, 479x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1423251963330.jpg
157KB, 479x1023px
>>
>>18813789
Context? Source of original publication? Looks neat.
>>
>>18813794
They're from the AMORC monographs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSyb3k0CzIg
>>
>>18813836
Enlightening.Thanks!
>>
>>18813276
http://rodriguezmystic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/how-to-be-traditional-witch-on-internet.html
>>
>>18813887

Priceless!
>>
@ape mock the meme if you must but you know you're half-elf cleric / hoodini
>>
>>18813633
I think AC was marking the upper end of Polaris' rule, not the lower. This dovetails nicely with the apocalyptic shit.

It ALSO gives Thuban as a nice buffer between the feminine and the Osiran, conforming the formula of IAO (Isis Apophis Osiris).

Ma'at is a blind.
>Ma'at
>MAAT
>Master of the A.'.A.'. Temple

The next Aeon is in Cephus, a black guy, Nubian king. Seems pretty in line with Set; particularly given the Double Wanded one is Set in Liber L.
>>
Did you read the "ma'at can wait" bit from ma'at magick? Crowley said it, and then promptly dropped dead, so Kenneth grant goes "ma'at did wait, but not for long"
>>
>>18814350
>Ma'at is a blind
As far as I know you're the only one suggesting this. Do you have any textual citations outside of your own observations on astrology?
>>
>>18814350
>Hrumachis is Set
Gonna need a citation on this too bud
>>
>>18810667
>haven't visited /x/ in years
>graduated college with STEM degree
>found a job shorty after
>found a gf shortly after that
>closing on a home
>saving enough to retire early and travel the world

Meanwhile, /x/ roleplayers have developed no useful skills, have nothing to their name, and scam gullible retards for tarot readings while living out of their parent's basements.

Really activates those astral brain chakras.
>>
How does one actually progress in practicing after reading on the different systems (chakras, kabbalah)? People talk about practicing in the traditions that intrigue you most. Is that a good next step (in my case, this seems to be the teachings of the Temple of Set after reading the first tablet)?

Also, does the qlippoth actually have any esoteric use or is it just for the sake of completing the story of the kabbalah?
>>
Where do you guys read up on occult happenings or news? Like with groups, persons, and/or writers?
>>
File: rikka oooh.gif (528KB, 632x344px) Image search: [Google]
rikka oooh.gif
528KB, 632x344px
>>18810691
>mythology tells us Osiris was split into 14 pieces

>constellation Draco has 14 stars
>>
Is Apophis by Michael Kelly a good book?
>>
>>18810667
Ape, I recall you saying that Crowley was working with 4th dimensional schemes when working 671 ritual and that it could had influenced part of the ritual. What were your references to say this? There´s any part in his Diaries where he talks about this or something related? Hinton books is good and I´m sure it was one of his references, but I´m looking for first hand references from Crowley.
>>
el bumpo Rodriguez, cazador de brujas
>>
I know this is probably a dumb question, but what book would be best if I'm interested in learning the theory behind the Golden Dawn's system of magic? Also, would Crowley's Book 4 be a good start for his theories on magic?
>>
>>18816047
Any introduction to wishful thinking will make you understand GD.
>>
>>18815491
idk, but you can download it here:

https://archive.org/details/LeftHandPath666
>>
>>18814350
waddayathinkaboutthis?
> The mythological system of the Earth Tablet working depicts the I.R.N.I. formula under the character of the two Warrior-Mages (Horus and Set) whose efforts link the Lesser Mother, the Earth, with the Greater Mother, Nuit. In the old formula Set was depicted as inferior to Horus, representing a false death which the earthbound soul conquered to achieve full awareness of itself. In the new formula, he represents the conscious destruction of the soul that must occur before the person can unite the awareness with the divine Will. This is a true annihilation of the Solar being, unlike the death of the old formula, which was only a change of state having no permanent effect on the Solar being.

Thus, at the end of point 0 Set proclaims himself to have finally conquered Horus. The soul, the individual self-aware identity, perishes, to be replaced by the monadic awareness symbolized by Hadit. As it is said, “There is an end to the word of the God enthroned in Ra's seat, lightening the girders of the soul.” The higher formula, linking the Earth with the Cosmos, supercedes the lower formula, linking the Earth with the Sun.
https://hermetic.com/browe/aeonpers
>>
>>18814546
>visit /x/ all the time
>one final semester in my grad degree
>work at the largest museum in the local region as a curator and HR
>fucked my gf on thurs
>looking to move to buy a home
>saving, but not to retire early, I've been on my own since fifteen with no family so that's a massive gap to close in terms of tangible wealth

Meanwhile, /x/ skeptics still haven't realized this thread usually has the largest concentration of professional degree holders on /x/.

Really agnozies my telencephelon.

>>18814505
Hrumachis is a form of Horus. His "rising" is easily construed as abdicating his seat in the East. The Double Wanded one, historically, is Set who wields the double headed rod of confusion. Look at the Holograph Manuscript where a word is scratched out and Rose has written "Coph Nia"....looks a whole fuck of a lot like the original word was "kophri"...OR..."Khepri, or Khepera, Kheper, Chepri, and Khepra.

>>18814504
Surgo found it in one of the Libri, toward the top (I don't feel like going through every text right this second to find it), where Crowley paired the word Ma'at with the words "Master of the A.'.A.'. Temple" which is pretty damn indicative of a formula rather than a new aeon.

>>18814605
People abuse the shit out of the concept of the Klipot; go read Blazing Dew of Stars in my Kabbalah folder.

>>18815691
Sketches in the handwritten diaries for the Paris Working appear to be doodles of 5-cells and other tetrahedral configurations in fours spatial dimensions.
>>
>>18816187
That link is nice because I could actually have a look at the book given how my device doesn't support pdf, might buy for maximum comfy reading by the fire.

Thanks
>>
>>18816302
That about the Paris Working is available in the versions of it available in internet etc?
>>
>>18814546
>be me
>visit /x/ nearly everyday
>make beaucoup bucks at a hospital
>has amazing lover who worships the very ground I walk on
>looking to get a place together

Hey kid, the adults are talking about magick now.
>>
>>18816312
It's in the Yorke Microfilms.
>>
>tfw you wanna know how the mages of /x/ view the spirit but nobody talks because nobody is really sure
No weird dreams at least?
>>
>>18816337
>spirit
Gimme an operating definition of "the spirit" and I'll make my best attempt to answer, because most of us have relatively complex views on what could be construed as "soul" or "spirit". Egyptians and Hebrews posit that it has different parts responsible for different functions. Buddhism rejects the concept outright in favor of aggregations of psycho-physical attachment chaining us to Samsara.
>>
>>18816047
See Regardie's stuff.
>>
>>18816344
You know, I want your views, not the views of different traditions because I was hoping that someone would have had an experience.
>>
>>18816359
I literally cannot tell you my experience until you tell me what you mean by "spirit" because it means a whole lot of different shit in the west alone before you get into *different* traditions.
>>
>>18814546
>Started coming on /x/ a while ago
>Graduated college several years ago
>Had girlfriends in High school
>Had girlfriends in College
>Have a girlfriend now who cooks for me, helps me clean, wants to have sex more than I do
>Have had a steady job for a while, preparing to take over the business
>Work >55 hours/week
>Have had a home for seven years
>Saving up to retire early. If the economy doesn't completely tank, I should be able to retire by the age of 40 and travel the world to study, learn, and expand my horizons.

Meanwhile I'm replying to this ridiculous post when all I want to do is talk shop with the rest of the adults in the room.
>>
>>18816364
Ok see, one of my experiences involved seeing my spirit as a female in a forest at night surrounded by white wolves, I know its my spirit because of other experiences, but then in a trance I saw the spirit of another person as a dark blue shilouette without features inside a square and a circle, white dots in the abdomen, so this seemed like a deeper layer, I guess there are many layers?
>>
>>18816381
Or it could be random spirits trying to fuck with your head.

What's your method of testing them?

>>18816376
Early ret. is going to be a gamble for me. I have relatively aggressive savings plans, so in my head I just say 'if it happens it happens if not w/e as long as I don't hate work". I should probably be less ambitious about how I enter my twilight years, but figure if I aim high but can't make the mark, I'll still have more options on the table than going minimalist in terms of expectations.

But I mean who knows; I could possibly be working at MoMA or the Getty or Smithson or something this time next year. Gonna depend on what the job markets look like over the next six months on that angle.
>>
>>18816394
Its just stuff I see in meditations and trances.
>>
>>18816394
Yeah the job market and economy are pretty questionable right now. I just took all my investments and transferred them into an account that I can control, because the firm handling for me sent me a thing saying "congratulations, we made you 3% this past year! And 1.5% over the past three years!" To which I said, "I actually *paid* you for this? Thanks for nothing, I made fifteen percent per year over the past three years, I think I'll take control over the rest of my money, now."

Good luck with your career and future. These are rather uncertain times.
>>
>>18816405
I'm only just now starting to gather cash in the amount needed to have any sensible investment plan. I've been fielding advice and hoarding because it's not like I'm sticking around this area and may need to chew through a portion of that to move back into civilization.

Then I see my peers with every family advantage who can't manage a checking account and suddenly I don't feel so paranoid.
>>
>>18816411
Yes, I must admit I have had a lot of help getting where I am, I cannot claim to be self-made, only self sufficient. Sounds like you're ahead of me already!
>>
>>18816326
>Sketches in the handwritten diaries for the Paris Working appear to be doodles of 5-cells and other tetrahedral configurations in fours spatial dimensions.

Searching in that mess and couldnt find it, do you remember by what name it appears? It surely doesnt appear by any "Paris Working".
>>
>>18816302
>Coph Nia
Couldn't this be indicitive that the "Aeon of Horus" is actually, in an essential way, a synthesized Aeon where Set is still "the Hidden God?" Despite the astrological "separation" the fundamental magical formulas of this age (Hoor-Apep etc) suggest to me that there is no distinction. Perhaps you are suggesting that Horus is going to "abdicate" his throne at some point and Set is going to become prominent? I am still skeptical about that because myth and formula suggest that Set's victories are always very short lived.
>>
>>18816426
Ugh, gimmie a sec.

>>18816442
If we construe Horus and Set as mirror images, this completely flies. I like this interpretation, but it's relatively obscure.
>>
>>18816426
EXCUSE me, it's Cephaloedium, not Paris.
In either case, you do realize I put the index pdf at the very top of the file structures so you can easily look up folders and reels.

It's in...Reel 9 which I assumed, folder OS A1, and there's a note about NS 19 but I don't think NS 19 actually exists in the microfilms themselves.

Should be literally smack dab on the front page.

I can think of no other reason for these sketches other than as an elaboration of "properly" built A.'.A.'. temple space.
>>
>where Crowley paired the word Ma'at with the words "Master of the A.'.A.'. Temple" which is pretty damn indicative of a formula rather than a new aeon.

The only word I have a problem with in that sentence is "rather," I don't see why aleister crowley indicating a formula with an acronym of ma'at's name is mutually exclusive to there being a coming or preexisting Aeon of ma'at
>>
I'm a tarot reader who wants to get more into invocation and "picking up patterns" so to speak, can anyone give me some lit specific to that or a quick rundown on it?
>>
>where Crowley paired the word Ma'at with the words "Master of the A.'.A.'. Temple" which is pretty damn indicative of a formula rather than a new aeon.

The only word I have a problem with in that sentence is "rather," I don't see why aleister crowley indicating a formula with an acronym of ma'at's name is mutually exclusive to there being a coming or preexisting Aeon of Ma'at. I think about aeonics as ripples across the surface of a fluid (the fluid I guess being space and time in this case). The ripples of multiple aeons can be affecting the present at once, I think, it's not this cut and dry, discrete change.
>>
>>18816481
Have you considered the possibility that it's a particularly swift subcurrent misidentified as a full blown aeon?

Because in aeonics we have two concepts 'currents' and 'time blocks'. This is pretty well parallel to the Tantrik concept of Kala, which includes 'flow' and 'time'.

It Ma'at were a dominant Aeon, you'd expect that the current would be overbearing. But it's not. It's there, it's strong enough to pull some folks in, but we've got...Jones and Nema?

Meanwhile the Temple of Set and their reorienting the work conceptually as in a concurrent Aeon of Set rather than Aeon of Ma'at has spawned a bajillion elaborations on Satanism, with their doctrines becoming core components of systems that claim to despise the Temple of Set for being cucks or whatever.

I'm not saying the Aeon of Ma'at is a potential impossibility, I'm saying Aquino makes a better argument in terms of what L indicates in terms of succession of godforms over magickal systems given the distance of time and practice allowing us to look at Crowley's transmissions with less biased eyes.
>>
>>18816491
What kind of invocation, and of what forces/entities? I mean, you could learn the Lesser Rites of the Pentagram and Hexagram for Elemental and Planetary invocations.
>>
>>18816508
Also, LRH can be used for solar.
>>
>>18816492
>The ripples of multiple aeons can be affecting the present at once, I think, it's not this cut and dry, discrete change.
I 110% agree with you. I just think the Setian aeon *has* to be considered if we look the size of the waves through the infinite webs of throbbing bliss, and who made them.

>>18816491
>picking up patterns
Complete Magician's Tables, in the
>A.'.A.'.>Libri
Folder of my library. It's standardized to the paths and spheres of the Tree of Life, which means it's standardized to the Tarot, meaning it's a fuckhuge index of what all the patterns are in a broadly Western Kabbalistic sense.
>>
>>18816480
Thanks a lot, much appreciated. Found Cephaloedium in that folder, but no signs of NS 19 indeed, is that note important?
>>
>>18816508
>>18816510
>>18816518
Thanks for your input, guys I'll be doing the reading and come back with my findings.
>>
>>18816524
>is that note important
Could be. There are missing files all up in the public microfilm drops. These are simply scans of those microfilm drops. None of us are at the Warburg to sift through the actual physical dox.

>>18816528
N/p.
>>
>>18816302
>Meanwhile, /x/ skeptics still haven't realized this thread usually has the largest concentration of professional degree holders on /x/.
What's your day job Ape?
>>
>>18816550
Did you even read the fucking post you are currently responding to? Or are you that much of a taint?
>>
>>18816554
did you?
>>
>>18816550
>>18816302
>work at the largest museum in the local region (if we count all directions, ours is the largest in 100 miles, if we discount the city to the NW it's the largest museum for about 250 miles in any direction) as a curator (archival) and HR assistant
>>
>>18816557
So, no to the former and yes to the latter?
>>
>>18816560
>if we discount the city to the NW
Not that it's insignificant. They have like 4x the floor space, because city, but we actually have maybe 25k more objects.
>>
>>18816566
Is it like a museum of archeology? Do you give tours?
>>
>>18816507
>Tantrik concept of Kala
What on the Mega should I be reading to learn about this concept? I'm trying to develop my magickal understanding of time
>>
>>18816580
Yeesh.

Kaulajnananirnaya, but the best edition isn't in the library.
Kularnava Tantra
Spandakarikas.
Maybe a bit of Ken Grant.
But START with "Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology" by Lokanath in the Eastern>Astrology folder.

>>18816574
>museum of archeology
Encyclopedic.

>tours
Undergrads do that shit, but I have keys to the archive so I can roll up there with my buds when it's closed.
>>
>>18816594
Which side do you subscribe to astrologically? Sidereal or Tropical?
>>
How does one gravitate towards a tradition of practicing? Is it simply picking what appeals to you the most?
>>
Alpabuddhi Pandita

Did you continue with The OP and Vajrayogini?
>>
>>18816743
Yes.

>>18816638
More or less.

>>18816636
Whatever I need to use to make the rite/speculation work.
>>
>>18816752
>Whatever I need to use to make the rite/speculation work.
This is good to know, and helpful. Thanks!
>>
>Which side do you subscribe to astrologically? Sidereal or Tropical?

What's your tropical chart configuration Ape? Astro is like one of my main frameworks for understanding - Especially in that conversation we just had about aeons, It made me extra want to know where your Saturn is in your chart. House too if you're comfortable sharing.
>>
Bumpity
>>
Is "Secret School of Wisdom" available somewhere? It got DMCA'd.
>>
>>18816966
There's a Secret School of Wisdom
Deep within my loins
I will permit you to attend
For a mere two-hundred coins
Half of Silver
Half of Gold
Give me the coins
I'll give you something to hold
:-P
>>
>>18816966
Nope. Mine was the only copy. Give it another month or so and I may distribute it privately.

>>18816793
>93
Not under wartime conditions, but maybe we'll chat about it some other time.
>>
>>18817000
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately mine went away with my laptop (stolen by a burglar from inside my home, Third World problems).
>>
>>18817007
>an anonymous third world drug addict is now walking around with the only English translation of the Illuminati rites and doctrines on a stolen laptop

God bless the future.
>>
>>18817017
Hah you just put a helluvan image in my mind
>>
>>18817017
This almost makes me happy. Bittersweet at least.
>>
>>18810667
This seems like it might be the place to ask, I've heard from a lot of people that a modernist, objective approach is the best way to take to magic, because all the old spiritualist stuff is just useful superstition. Thoughts?
>>
>>18817032
Ape, time to bust out the image from the book quoting Jung again!
>>
File: subgenius_big.jpg (44KB, 595x434px) Image search: [Google]
subgenius_big.jpg
44KB, 595x434px
>>18817032
>"The old ways are outdated!"
>"The new ways are for idiots!"
Let both of these asses be set to grind corn.

>>18817025
It's the little ironies that make life livable.
>>
>>18817040
>>18817042
I take it this question typically starts an argument? Sorry, didn't realize what I was walking in to.
>>
>>18817051
Sometimes, but I think he still answered your question.
>>
>>18817040
I've seriously used that image at least once a week for like a year and a half...maybe more.
>>
>>18817032
The field is open. Everything we discover is from fumbling, and then horded and kept secret. People that make discoveries are natural teachers, but there is not benefit in sharing.

Make your own discoveries or you are of no use. Power is not free.
>>
File: Jung.jpg (49KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Jung.jpg
49KB, 500x371px
>>18817051
For reference this is the pic about Jung I keep having to repost as mentioned here >>18817068
>>
>>18817069
>never teach anyone anything, and hide whatever discoveries you make
This is why you traditionalist fuckers haven't made any advancements in 8000 years, whereas the fucking corporations can do magic with god damn computers. Say whatever you will about the new ways vs the old, it's pretty clear which is better when you look at tangible results, which sucks dick, because the corps don't deserve that power.
>>
>>18817068
>there is not benefit in sharing
This sounds like speculation. In fact so does most of your post.
>>
>>18817099
?
>>
>>18817105
Oh sorry dude I responded to the wrong post.
>>
>>18817109
I'm not >>18817069 or >>18817091 for that matter.

People who bitch and moan about the praxes of others tend to have little time for their own.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6kHN92Yv48
>>
Ape, I love how, when you go into a thread that looks interesting, try to initiate a conversation, a large part of the time the people get pissed because they just wanted to carry on with their roleplaying and start with the ad hominems. It's pretty amusing.
>>
>>18817145
>>18817152
>>
>>18817145
>Criticizing people for RPing
>on fucking /x/
Nigger do you know where you are?
>>
>>18817157
That face, indeed. That's a pretty good goddamn graphic, sums up my feelings very nicely.
>>
>>18810667

Best non-Chaos path and why?
>>
>>18817159
>Not knowing the difference between criticizing and discussing
Nigga, do you know what thread you be in?
>>
>>18817159
Back to the suckubuss thread, bucko.
>>
>>18817171
Modernist. Because it's objectively the most practical and applicable to your day to day life. Dancing naked around a fire and mastering your "inner spiritual self" is all well and good, but it won't help you if you when you need to move a couch or when a dude pulls a gun on you.
>>
>>18817208
What exactly do you mean by "modernist" magick? You're shitposting pretentiously without actually defining what you believe. If I had to guess it seems like you believe in chaos magick which is distinctly post-modern ideologically
>>
>>18817262
I don't know what chaos magic is, I've been given like seven different definitions for what it is. The modernist approach to magic means trying out different things, figuring out what works and what doesn't, and trimming as much fat from the study as you can. Basically magical pragmatism.
>>
>>18817283
>magickal pragmatism
I'm confused about why you think that isn't a feature of every functional esoteric system in human history
>>
>>18817289
Because most of the old rituals and magical traditions have a ton of superstitious, pseudo spiritual nonsense that doesn't actually do anything? You don't need a three day ritual aligned with the planets and phases of the moon and shit, when you can just experiment over time, find out which variables are actually relevant to what you're working on now, and work accordingly.
>>
>>18817283
Sounds like chaos to me. You don't wanna "trim fat from the study." If any fat trimming is to be done, it should be done after the fat has been chewed, tasted, felt, then examined after all this. THEN it can be trimmed. Although I don't know why anyone finds it necessary to get rid of all the pomp and ceremony. It does wonders for my jimmies.
>>
>>18817306
>when you can just experiment over time, find out which variables are actually relevant to what you're working on now, and work accordingly.

How the flying fuck do you think those rituals were created, friend?
>>
>>18817306
Hey look, I can post men of straw as well!

Boy, that sure was easier than making a coherent and well researched argument.
>>
>>18817283
Here is #8 from some blog.

>On the avant-garde end of the occult scene these days, there’s a movement called chaos magic; it’s a lively phenomenon that’s produced some very creative work, and it’s also one of the few branches of practical occultism these days that’s more diverse than Druidry, which certainly took some work. Most versions of chaos magic that I’ve seen start from the presupposition that the universe is basically whatever we want it to be, a random inkblot that’s assembled into meaningful patterns by the human mind—I haven’t seen anybody in the chaos magic scene borrow Barfield’s term “figuration” for that process, but the idea’s much the same—and so, the logic goes, we might as well learn how to assemble it the way we want to, using the tools of will and imagination central to magic.

>So far, so good; that’s not my view, but it’s a philosophically coherent account. What interests me, though, is that most versions of chaos magic that I’ve seen go on to insist that gods, angels, spirits, demons, and so on don’t actually exist—that by definition they’re constructions of the human imagination, projected by us onto a lifeless and mindless cosmos. It’s a curious and rather one-sided insistence. If in fact the universe is whatever we want it to be, then aren’t those who make this claim simply choosing to formulate a universe that’s empty of other intelligences, because that’s the kind of universe they prefer? Wouldn’t it then be just as reasonable for me to make the opposite choice, and say that the universe is crammed to the bursting point with gods, angels, spirits, demons, and the like, because that’s the kind of universe I prefer—as indeed it is?
>>
>>18817312
OMG I hope that's an actual book, because that would explain so much of the bullshit I've heard from and about 'chaotes'(!) [zozzles inwardly]
>>
>>18817307
>If any fat trimming is to be done, it should be done after the fat has been chewed, tasted, felt, then examined after all this.
That's the idea, see >>18817306

>>18817311
People mixing pseudoreligious superstition into something that can be approached as an academic study?

>>18817312
It's hardly a straw man.

If these functional esoteric systems of yours really took the same approach, why did you end up with all the extra bullshit mixed into most magical traditions?

>>18817322
Thank you, that was actually interesting.

Now I have 8 definitions.
>>
>>18817307
>>18817312
Okay, to address this chaos magic thing, is this >>18817322 generally considered to be a good deffinition for chaos magic? Because if so, that's radically different from most modernist "academic" approaches, because one is based on the idea that the universe is what you make it, the other is based on the idea that the universe follows internally consistent laws that can be observed and studied.
>>
>>18817330
No, that's not the idea and you're entirely missing the point, but I'll let it slide til someone with more patience ventures to help.
So yeah, A brief summary:
> No it's not;
>No, this is incorrect; this is speculation and uninformed personal opinion on your part; and...
>Congratulations, you are getting a definition from someone's blog!
>>
>>18817337
Well, obviously there are some consistent laws that can be observed and studied. To convince oneself otherwise would be regression at its finest..
>>
>>18817330
>>18817306
>Because most of the old rituals and magical traditions have a ton of superstitious
And how is referring to everything as "psychological" or "placebo" not, in fact, superstitious? What's your litmus test for superstition? Is Sadhana more, or less, superstitious than Saivist Puja?

>pseudo spiritual
Again, I'd need to know your working definition of "spiritual" and examples of "pseudospiritiual" to actually analyze what you're trying to say.

>that doesn't actually do anything
And how many years have you spent in sincere and well researched reconstruction to come to this conclusion?

>You don't need a three day ritual aligned with the planets and phases
Should take less than a half hour to research a planetary rite and well under a half hour to perform, but since you obviously have spent so many years researching, practicing, and analyzing the "old" rites, I'm probably just hallucinating it taking much less than three hours.

>when you can just experiment over time
See
>>18817311

>>18817330
>People mixing pseudoreligious superstition into something that can be approached as an academic study?
Except we can actually watch the historical progression of repeated experimentation in the well established textual history of grimoires like Lemegeton, but again you should know that already being such an expert so I'm uncertain why you feel the need to make these false claims.
>>
>>18817355
Three hours? Nigga said three days! It's probably the James Earl Jones effect in action!
>>
>>18817330
Your ideology falls apart when you look everywhere and see "superstition." Logical positivism is cancer for a good magickal practice and even great chaos magick practitioners recognize that their problem with traditional magickal systems is more aesthetic than practical. Even a Catholic Mass with all of its outdated "superstition" is more powerful and transformative than anything 99 percent of post modern magicians accomplish
>>
>>18817337
"Chaos magick" is just another name for "systematic synchretism" which was exactly what Crowley was doing and exactly what every esoteric tradition has been doing since the dawn of the first contact with the tribe across the river.

I'll NEVER understand why people get their panties in such a twist about "chaos v. not-chaos", why or why each side is so pathologically invested with warping and twisting the praxes of the other and passing them off as sophisticated critique.

>>18817361
This only illustrates my point. In order for the bare-basics Chaote to undermine the traditional materials he's gotta distort practices to absurdity. Many critiques of Chaos are the same way; ceremonialists saying there's no contact with the HGA in Chaos when Liber Kaos and Liber Null/Psychonaut consider it a core component of the system.

9/10ths of this is because nobody reads or tries anything outside of their sphere of comfort.
>>
>>18817376
I agree. The main problem I see with proclaimed Chaotes is many think their way is the best way, there's no need to learn any certain tradition, as you can just half-ass it using 3rd hand material, and many others I'm sure you're familiar with. That being said, I know that's not how it's *supposed* to be.
>>
This really isn't on topic, but Fuck it. If the occult and such is real then how do you discern which religious texts are true? So far my view on it has basically boiled down to paranormal doesn't real so God doesn't real. But if I accept that the occult and magick is real then I have to ask a question I've never asked before. I've seen people ITT bash the Bible end call it a scam, but what makes it more of a scam than the Torah the Quran, or the Crowley's Thelemite holy book? How do you know?
>>
>>18810691
Why is this ape in here?
>>
>>18817409
Cuz it be his thread, nigga.
>>
>>18817355
Okay, I tried breaking down your post point by point, but I think it would be easier and more useful to just give you a working definition of the base assumptions and methods.

The primary assumption of the modernist approach to magic is pretty much the same as that of science: that the universe is governed by internally consistent laws that can be observed, studied, and quantified. Study and progress within the field is generally done by taking a pseudoscientific approach to the study (I say pseudoscientific rather than scientific for reasons I'll go into in a moment) by taking things we know work (the perception and manipulation of energy) and trying to apply them in the most effective, practical ways we can. A lot of the time this involves cannibalizing older rituals and evocation, getting whatever effect that they are supposed to create, with as many steps removed as possible without losing efficiency. If you're trying out a new ritual, you'd do it once, write down it's effects, what you did, the circumstances, etc. In subsequent repetitions you start trimming things down. "Does calling this god's name actually make a difference? Doesn't seem to, do we have any solid evidence this god exists? No? Drop it. Did it affect performance? No? Leave it out. You isolate more and more variables over time, find out what is actually doing what, and try to boil things down as much as possible. It's a similar mentality that modern martial arts take, vs older martial arts. It turns out you don't really need all the spirit and chakra stuff that Tai Chi and Wing Chun and Kung Fu will talk about, because what's happening is largely mechnical.

1/2
>>
>>18817355
>>18817430
Now, earlier I said pseudoscientific, because I really should recognize the weaknesses of our "tradition". First is that there's a mild contempt for any old traditions within the study. They're seen as superstitious and archaic, and generally disregarded. That's not *entirely* unfounded, but people do it more than they should. Second, I say pseudoscientific because most people involved in modernist "research" don't actually have any scientific or academic experience or credentials.

That said, even with it's flaws, most of the modernist practitioners I know can get a hell of a lot more done than those of other schools. Most "traditional" practitioners will tell you about all the spiritual and mental things they're doing, but you just can't see it because you're too much of an intellectual plebe, which seems kind of pale when you compare it to a modernist who can observably influence the physical world around you. "Muh spirits" is weak when compared to a dude who can make things explode with his mind.
>>
>>18817406
The laundry lists of things you should do and not do are the main problem. Over a kernel of truth justifications for the social order of the time the holy books were written were conjured out of thin air.
>>
>>18817441
You are bitching about people having contempt for old traditions, meanwhile shitting all over them. Post 1 and post 2 don't entirely compliment each other, let me say...
>>
>>18817374
>Logical positivism is cancer for a good magickal practice
Right. Which is why 90% of the advancements made in the last 20 years have been in corporate labs, whereas you fuckers are still using rituals made 5000 years ago.
>>
>>18817448
>Rituals made 5000 years ago
Anon, do you even science?
>>
>>18817430
>modernist approach to magic is pretty much the same as that of science: that the universe is governed by internally consistent laws that can be observed, studied, and quantified.
That's been our approach to magick in the West since literally 1550.

>Study and progress within the field is generally done by taking a pseudoscientific approach
Can y'all not even into post-positivism? The methods your using would be generally called 'quasi-experimental' in a 500 lvl stats course.
~t. have taken five 500 lvl stats courses.

The rest of the paragraph is simply explaining the exact same methods used by esoterica since the days of the Arabic alchemical revolutions and in the West since like just prior to the Reformation.

There's nothing new, shiny, novel, or groundbreaking being said here.
>>
>>18817447
I know that the concept of admitting fault might be foreign to such as enlightened individual as yourself, but you see, when us mortals find that we've made a mistake (in this case being a little too condescending in my rejection of older traditions), we sometimes try to rectify it by admitting we were wrong.
>>
>>18817457
>>18817455
Okay, then I want in on whatever magical community you guys are a part of, because the only practitioners that I've met who weren't modernists were either satanists, college pagans, or "muh old ways" style archaists.
>>
>>18817441
>Second, I say pseudoscientific because most people involved in modernist "research" don't actually have any scientific or academic experience or credentials.
It doesn't sound like the guy writing this does, either.

>Muh spirits" is weak when compared to a dude who can make things explode with his mind.
Show me that guy, and then rule out the entirety of the Amazonian assault sorcery complex as 'all in your head', and then maybe I'll give this line of critique the time of day.

>>18817448
>~t. has zero clue how much of the Chaos tradition I use or that my most credible Thelemic lineal claim is through the Xaoc-Babalon current
>>
>>18817458
But you didn't admit you were wrong. You still haven't. What I'm saying is that, in 1/2 you shit all over the traditions that people have too much contempt for in 2/2. I'm just asking for some logical consistency in your very own argument. That is all.
But, you can phrase it like that to make it look like you were about to go back and point it out and claim error without any prompting, and I'm the condescending jackass who, if I only would have waited a few seconds, would have witnessed you recognizing the inconsistency of your argument.
>>
>>18817430
>>18817441
Let me guess, you're in your mid 20's, live in an urban area in the USA, and you have no formal education in magic, just lessons in a dojo or a warehouse.
>>
>>18817467
There is no "in" you just do it, and if you feel like you have to join a group to do it, fine, but it's not going to get you very far if you couldn't get there on your own. There's an entire *free* library, linked at the top of this page, with many priceless books, as well as standard occult texts and pretty much anything else a person could need to read to be well on their way.
>>
>>18817448
>citation needed
You give the egotistical cunts on Madison Ave more credit than they deserve
>>
>>18817499
>many priceless books
>imeanthisquiteliterally.zizek
The Yorke Microfilms are only available through:
>My library
>Going to the Warburg in Europe
>Three American universities
>Four OTO Lodges
>>
>>18817475
>It doesn't sound like the guy writing this does, either.
Absolutely none. I work as a welder dude. Problem is that a lot of people who develop magical talent don't have the money or time to get a fancy education in magic, so you find some people who can clearly demonstrate their abilities, learn how to keep your power controlled, then you just try to find things that will be useful it day to day life. It's a working man's magic for a lot of people.

>Show me that guy
There is literally nothing I could show you that would convince you, and you know it. Even if shower you a video, you'd just call it fake.

>>18817479
Not big on nuance, are you? Note how in the first part I talk about how we try to cut out all the unnecessary bits. Just try to remove them. Because they don't do anything.

But at the same time, I don't think it's right to shit on them, because they often have a belief component. Catholic mass doesn't do much either, but I don't think people should be shitting on that.

>The overly defensive theory
Or, much more plausably, the whole post was too big to post in one go, and I had to cut it in half.

>>18817490
Pretty much. You sound like a local.
>>
>>18817525
I know mang, that's why I gotta get my computer hooked up so I can download that shit. It's GREAT to have the link, but I gots to OWN that shit, nyigga/
>>
>>18817542
Yeah, a video can be doctored, but you can introduce us to a person who does it, or perhaps direct us to an article, at the very least. Also, beware of people who feel the need to "demonstrate their abilities"(or even those who don't actively demonstrate, but do so at prompting)
>>
>>18817542
>Even if shower you a video, you'd just call it fake.
I'm a pretty skeptical dude but I've seen some shit. Keyword 'seen' with my own two eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFgUHckCgg
I'm open to weird shit but you're right I don't trust video.

Also, fwiw you don't need fancy magickal education. You can get by with a 300 lvl stats course, basic neurosci, and an anthro course on Africa or South America.
>>
>>18817542
>You sound like a local.
Hardly. Just met a lot of kids like you while I was in the US a few years back. There's deffinitely a type. You discover your talent in highschool or college, hit up some occult shops or pagan communes trying to learn about magic, you realize that 90% of those groups are just profitting off superstition, not selling actual working knowledge, then you get frustrated and bitter, assume all the written material is bunk, and start doing things your own way. It's simultaneously impressive for how much you get done on your own and in your small groups, and depressingly sad how you limit your potential with misplaced anger. You claim to avoid superstition, but you have your own very real superstitions against any magical documentation older than you.
>>
>>18817565
>You can get by with a 300 lvl stats course, basic neurosci, and an anthro course on Africa or South America.
Truly, the ultimate keyboard wizard.
>>
>>18817565
>300 lvl stats course

Not that anon, but this is a good idea for me to brush up a bit. I haven't taken stats in a while, and I can probably take one pretty cheap, or maybe free if they let me 'audit' at my local c.c. Thanks!
>>
>>18817568
This is the best post in this discussion so far. I wish people would stop projecting their own frustrations as objective fact but I guess I might as well wish the sky was green
>>
>>18817580
You mean it's not?
>>
>>18817560
>Also, beware of people who feel the need to "demonstrate their abilities"
But be even more cautious of people who won't demonstrate them, but still want your money and time. If you're a working guy with little money and less time, you can't waste either of them on some guru who promises he can teach you some "real magick" but refuses to demonstrate anything. 99% of the people in the world who claim to teach you about magic just want your money, so if I have to chose between some fat old fuck who owns a bookstore and wears a black silk robe (who won't prove his abilities), a 22 year old stoner "witch" who wants to talk about Gaia and peace n shit (who won't prove her abilties), or the angry vato down the street who can start fires with his hands, pick the third guy, because at least he's proving he knows shit.
>>
>>18817565
>65
>I'm open to weird shit but you're right I don't trust video.
For the third time in four years, I've observed a long-tail pterosaur sailing across open skies in the afternoon.

I'm an /out/doors kinda guy.
Not a bat.
Not a bird with it's legs tucked behind.
A fucking pterosaur.

I'm my records I refer to it as a manananggal half playfully. I dunno what it is, exactly, but it's non-feathered but also not with thin membranous batwings as it's crossed close to the sun without any serious lightening. Seems associated with my magickal works.

Anyway, I also don't expect YOU to buy that either, but it is what it is.
>>
>>18817069
>Everything we discover is from fumbling, and then horded and kept secret
which is why there are thousands of books on magick available at any book store or library, and the Kindle store, and Scribd, Archive.org and ThePiratebay and the Mega archive in the OP, right? :p

You must have a very strange definition of the word "secret."
>>
>>18817568
When were you in the states dude, this speech sounds familiar? You ever met a JCR in Santa Monica? Old dude, bush wizard, gives pretty much the same fucking speech you just did.

>>18817580
Like I said man, I try to recognize the flaws in the modernist approach, but it's hard to argue with their complaints when you can take so many of these old rituals, reduce them down to 3 or 4 steps and components, and they work almost as well as they did before, or even better. Yeah, it's probably arrogant to write off all the old stuff as bullshit, but when some crusty old fucker is talking about his spiritual journey and astral projection, whereas the kid down the street can jump start his car with his hands, it's hard to dispute which one seems to know what they're doing.

>>18817603
>which is why there are thousands of books on magick available at any book store or library
and 99% of them are full of bullshit
>>
>>18817594
If you have money, I will deprive you of money.
If you have "natural" talent, I will exploit it until you kill yourself.

Power is not shared. If you are seeking power, you are not fit to wield it.

Those of us that know things do so through folly.
>>
File: omg1.jpg (15KB, 490x441px) Image search: [Google]
omg1.jpg
15KB, 490x441px
>>18817594
>or the angry vato down the street who can start fires with his hands, pick the third guy, because at least he's proving he knows shit.
For me that was the tall lanky 'druid' guy who was older than us. It was still the goddamnest thing I've ever seen. Coulda been some sort of trick or rig but that'd be hard for him to do in a tanktop. Almost burnt down my buddy's garage.

We (mixed group, half male half female) all orbited around this readheaded woman who was teaching each of us bits of Enochian. I couldn't have been older than fourteen.

Thirty now.

Feels.
>>
>>18817604
I was there for 2 years, starting in 07.

>ever met
No. Never been to LA, and those initials don't seem familiar. But perhaps when several of your elders are all giving you the same advice, you should heed it. I know when you're young it's tempting to focus things that affect the tangible world, but that kind of street magic is... Limited.
>>
>>18817603
and you fail to understand how belief leads to power.
>>
>>18817604
>and 99% of them are full of bullshit
So, you've read them? Sounds more like an issue with discretion than the actual available material.
>>
>>18817604
I'd humbly posit the wizard with grey in his neckbeard was probably doing the car-trick when he was young.
>>
>>18817595
Well, there's the Crowley and Nessie affair, so...
>>
>>18817594
You are right, in some ways, but you shouldn't be paying these fucking people if you are starting out with zero knowledge. Honestly, without anybody demonstrating anything other than knowledge and willingness to lend a hand, you can lurk in these threads and peruse the library and gain wayy more, for merely the cost of an internet bill, than you will from those two people.
>>
>>18817622
Hold up lemme dig out one of my favorite Crowley snippets.
>>
>>18817605
See, now it sounds like you're just making shit up.

>>18817611
Right? My talent first manifested when I was 16. Went to a bunch of people to learn, eventually settled on this dude, total fucking meathead who worked out of a gym, who approached the study like it was a fighting style.

>Projecting your spirit doesn't do shit bruh, I'ma teach you how to move things with your mind, but that'll be $250 bucks a week, pay up bruh.

Good times, good times.

>>18817614
That's probably good advice, and I'm starting to see the wisdom of it as I get older, but I'm still cautious of formal education like that. Religions are a scam based around a few kernels of truth, and the magical traditions I've looked into were the same.

>>18817618
>So, you've read them?
I've read so many books on magic over the years that I've literally lost count, and yes, 99% of them are just people trying to make money off superstition. Some of them are probably real, but I've yet to find them.

>>18817620
Maybe he could, but if he did, he should have done a better job of explaining why his way was better.
>>
>>18817604
I can't even relate, because approaching magick in a "physical results only" sort of way would have stunted my growth to the point of nearly being crippled. Astral projection, scrying (all kinds), and other 'spiritual journeys' have always been an integral part of both my practice and my growth, and they more or less grow in direct proportion to one another. But maybe that's just me?
>>
>>18817642
>I've yet to find them.
Well search no more!
>>
>>18817632
>>18817622
British occultist Aleister Crowley reported witnessing what he referred to as "globular electricity" (Ball-Lightning) during a thunderstorm on Lake Pasquaney in New Hampshire in 1916. He was sheltered in a small cottage when he "noticed, with what I can only describe as calm amazement, that a dazzling globe of electric fire, apparently between six and twelve inches (15–30 cm) in diameter, was stationary about six inches below and to the right of my right knee. As I looked at it, it exploded with a sharp report quite impossible to confuse with the continuous turmoil of the lightning, thunder and hail, or that of the lashed water and smashed wood which was creating a pandemonium outside the cottage. I felt a very slight shock in the middle of my right hand, which was closer to the globe than any other part of my body."

>>18817642
You may have to face the fact that aptitude for 'flashy' results may be correlated with age, and no amount of training can preserve that through midlife or re-awaken it before you're the grey-hair.
>>
>>18817611
I like how someone asked you what your Saturn was in earlier and you wouldn't say but you just willingly gave your age
>>
>>18817628
>but you shouldn't be paying these fucking people if you are starting out with zero knowledge
Right! Which is why colleges have no tuition fee until you get your associate's. Dude, what are you even on about with this? I genuinely don't get your point.

>you can lurk in these threads and peruse the library and gain wayy more
See, I used to just read books and attend lectures and talk with spiritualists, and I got nowhere. I learned more day 1 working with an actual practitioner than I did in the entire year before it. There's too much false information and pseudo religious stuff mixed in with the truth.

>>18817649
>approaching magick in a "physical results only" sort of way would have stunted my growth
Everybody has their own path, man. I'm a results oriented kind of guy. I'm already happy and satisfied with my life, so I don't need to look to magic for spiritual or personal fullfillment, I just try to use it to add more items to my metaphorical toolbelt for life. Learning to exert kinetic force, or influence probability, or get a few seconds of prescience, that kind of thing is useful to me. Spirit journeys? Not so much. If I wanted that, I'd just fly out to South America and get high in a spirit lodge.

>>18817658
If you have any recommendations, I'm all ears man.

>>18817660
>aptitude for 'flashy' results may be correlated with age
Aptitude? If you meant propensity to be drawn to it, I'd agree, but actual ability to do it? No way. The best guy I know when it comes to actually exerting his will on the world is like 117 years old. Or 60. But he looks 117.
>>
>>18817660
Man I loved the account of that in Spirit of Solitude!
>>
>>18817682
A degree is nice, but you don't need to go to college to learn, is my point.
>>
>>18817660
Ok, so I guess I should do a rare 'Ape findings' post.

After having been through the 'usual' kid shit we all seem to idenitfy with, and having aged, and having been in Orders with greyhairs and folks just coming out of post-pubescent godlike power, it's been most of our observations that the "big results" of youth taper off right around 17 and then slowly start to reappear in the neighborhood of the early 40's.

Because it's always the kids setting things on fire like a young adult occult novel. And it's always the grey-hairs slowly navigating them through it.

>>18817670
Less clues the better. I've also been thirty for about two years on 4chan because its easier to just round up or down.

Pardon my reluctance to post much natal info but I know exactly how it can be abused because I abuse it ;)

>>18817682
>The best guy I know when it comes to actually exerting his will on the world is like 117 years old
See my comment. And maybe reread my last one. It's an inverse bell curve with potency early and late in life.

This is just my observation tho.
>>
File: 1490487047265.webm (859KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490487047265.webm
859KB, 490x360px
Behold, the true magic!
>>
>Thirty
>wouldn't tell me your Saturn sign

Happy Saturn return, Saturn in sag ;)
>>
>>18817688
>It's an inverse bell curve with potency early and late in life.
If you say so, but I've seen no evidence of that. Most of the serious practitioners I know are in their mid thirties to early 50's.
>>
>>18817715
Somebody didn't read:
>>18817688
>>
>>18817701
This made me laugh way harder than it probably should have.
>>
>>18817682
>If you have any recommendations, I'm all ears man.
Depends on where you're at, mostly. Do you know any rites/which ones? or are you looking for a complete novice guide?
>>
>>18817715
I passed my exact return quite some time ago, thanks.
>>
>>18817722
I said nothing about the level of seriousness of practitioners, I only said about the 'flash' of results.
>>
>the OTO sued to suppress the page on the right
Cowards.
>>
>>18817770
Because of the tenuous Manson/Son of Sam connections?
>>
>>18817733
>Do you know any rites/which ones?
This is one of the reasons why dialogue between magical traditions breaks down, especially modernists talking to basically anyone. You guys have fancy names for all your shit, whereas we basically just treat it like recipes: what is being done, and what's an easy thing to remember it by? Don't know what you guys would call it, but my studies have largely been focused on direct energy manipulation relative to my body (manipulating kinetic and thermal energy mostly). Maxing out at 621 pounds impact force over 0.21 seconds for the former, and 462 degrees c over 1.3 seconds for the latter, though admittedly my fine control of kinetic force is shit, with slightly more control with thermal, to the point where I can at least light up a blunt without burning my hands. As far as rites and rituals go, I mostly keep clear of that shit, except for some basic probability skewing for when I really need tomorrow's luck for today (single step ritual, basic circle ward, always self-powered, either with my own energy in that moment, or with pre allotted energy stored in an industrial diamond lattice (yes I know natural is better, but I'm poor).

Like I said, real street level stuff, so don't roast me, just hoping that gives you some idea of where I'm at. I kind of get the feeling I'd fall outside of whatever scale you'd typically use to judge progress.
>>
>>18817791
Also, what's with everyone calling Crowley a 'black magician" and completely disregarding entire aspects of his life?
>>
>>18817604
>99% of them are full of bullshit
Okay, then read the other 1% then. If you don't know how to spot 'em, that's your problem.
>>
>>18817758
Yeah, that's fair, I personally judge by how much it affects their day to day life, but I realize that's kind of a flawed way of judging since many practitioners are only affected in their "inner" lives.

>>18817798
Yeah, great plan there Constantine, but like I was saying earlier, if you're a poorfag with no money or connections for education, you just gotta take what you can get, which means pretty much ignoring the literature and just going with practical stuff people can teach you.
>>
>>18817770
>Charles Manson was exposed to the practices of a renegade OTO lodge.

Doesn't surprise me at all based on what I've studied of his cult and methods. I wonder if "Helter Skelter" is a particularly perverse understanding of the shifting of aeons. I also wonder if he's sitting in his jail cell feeling vindicated by the state of racial relations in his country
>>
>>18817792
Wow dude, I was just trying to gauge what to recommend.Maybe "Psychic Self-defence"? Idk, if you don't really wanna learn any rites or have to memorize a lot, it's hard for me to really even know what direction to point you in. Maybe Ape will know.
>>
>>18817792
>Maxing out at 621 pounds impact force over 0.21 seconds for the former, and 462 degrees c over 1.3 seconds for the latter, though admittedly my fine control of kinetic force is shit, with slightly more control with thermal, to the point where I can at least light up a blunt without burning my hands
Bloody hell dude, this is about as urban as magic gets, you make it sound like your gym stats man, hahaha.
>>
>>18817803
Dude, there is an entire LIBRARY at your finger tips, linked in OP. Free!
>>
>>18817770
>7770
V intriguing
>>
>>18817792
Also, it's not all for looks, these Rites pretty much follow
>what is being done, and what's an easy thing to remember it by?
More or less. It's just that a LOT of shit is being done, so there's no real "easy way" to remember.
>>
>>18817809
>you don't really wanna learn any rites or have to memorize a lot
No, it's not that at all, I just don't want to waste my time with things that some fucker just wrote to get a paycheck. If you've got ritual magic that actually works, I'll look into it. A lack of dedication was never the issue, only a lack of education.

>>18817811
Represent!

>>18817814
Yeah, and 99% of it is probably shit, so until I hear from somebody who aint getting paid that it's legit, I'm gonna pass. Time is money.
>>
>>18817792
Not really, physcial results are a symptom of closing in on Adpethood but most schools wouldn't recognize it formally without having jumped through the proper hoops in terms of other instruction.

It's odd, you're flashing me back to facilitate background conversation I don't often have in these threads. I used to firewalk when I was a kid. Screw with thermal as well. In retrospect it seems kundalini related. Kinetic seems more Satanic 'black flame' related. Something about vacuum potentials.

Last time I did any work with that was just at the start of undergrad with a friend, combat oriented like yours. Well read Buddhist. We used to like to knock over empty soda bottles at distance.

I should have been more quasi experimental because we only ever practiced in the space where I'd chalked out my ritual circles for Lemegeton. Did OTO initiations in that space too.
>>
>>18817822
>Yeah, and 99% of it is probably shit, so until I hear from somebody who aint getting paid that it's legit, I'm gonna pass. Time is money
That's LITERALLY what that Library is...compiled by somebody who isn't getting paid for it. But I see you keep insisting it's a waste of time, despite being told the same thing by other people.
>>
>>18817797
>>18817791
Yes and muh satanic panic.

>>18817805
https://youtu.be/huNUsqFyinI?t=6183
(make sure you go to the time)
There's a reason I keep the book "Inside the Solar Lodge: Outside the Law" in my library.

>>18817809
Dion Fortune? Yeah, sounds good for these purposes. Maybe some Cosimano.

>>18817822
>>18817836
Yeah that's my library dude.
>>
>>18817837
>There's a reason I keep the book "Inside the Solar Lodge: Outside the Law" in my library.
Ever watch Barry Dubin's Backportch Tapes for the Charles Manson Superstar move? Ol' Chuck tips his hand in a scene, I'm gonna have to find it.
>>
>>18817821
See, that's what I like to hear right there! Too many people trying to break down magic want to talk about gods n shit, when that's not even real unless they can prove it. When you just come out and explain *why* something is that way (complex rituals are about keeping lots of things straight in your head), then we can get somewhere.

>>18817824
>physcial results are a symptom of closing in on Adpethood
Well that's great! No idea what the fuck that means. I know what an adept is, but without a point of reference, that doesn't mean much. Are there 3 ranks? 50? 10? Where does adept fall? Is it a specifc rank of a general acknowledgement of skill?

>I used to firewalk when I was a kid.
You know that duds can do that too, right? Firewalking aint magic, it's just a matter of thermodynamics. Only so much heat can transfer across a certain surface area over a certain amount of time. If you think that shit's magic I question your credibility. My kid brother has done that.

>kundalini
At the risk of sounding stupid, isn't that Yoga?

>Kinetic seems more Satanic 'black flame' related.
Don't know what satanic anything has to do with this, you're just converting chemicle energy into kinetic force within your body by some as of yet unknown means. Again, at risk of sounding stupid, I don't think satan is involved in that.

>We used to like to knock over empty soda bottles at distance.
Ey! Brings back memories, that's how my friends and I used to practice behind the dojo! Good times, good times.

>I should have been more quasi experimental because we only ever practiced in the space where I'd chalked out my ritual circles
Don't know what any of this means, but we don't really use any kind of circles or warding with evocation, so I guess I don't have that problem.

>>18817836
>>18817837
Alright, if you guys will vouch for it I'll take a look, just don't want to waste my time. They start talking about gods in anything other than an apocryphal sense and I'm out.
>>
>>18817856
>If you think that shit's magic I question your credibility
It was sort of the locus for thermal experimentation across a few vectors. Sorta like a totemic center, if you will.
I'm just recollecting what rites and practices seemed to track with potency for what w/r/t Satanism.

>and I'm out
K, later.
>>
>>18817856
>but we don't really use any kind of circles or warding with evocation,
So what do you use?
>>
>>18817879
See what a brotha gets for tryna helpa nyigga out?
>>
>>18817848
>>18817837
>>18817805
>me irl
https://youtu.be/oBuTUbR0gCA?t=373
Still hunting tho.
>>
>>18817892
>https://youtu.be/oBuTUbR0gCA?t=373
Hahaha sheeiitt
>>
>>18817892
FOUND IT.
>"No, that's a bunch of horseshit. No...Yeah. I know them, I know them spiritually. I know everything. I was in the same vibration as all those people."
https://youtu.be/qZm3YCp9luU?t=286
>>
>>18817879
>It was sort of the locus for thermal experimentation across a few vectors.
Ah, makes sense. We used to use martial arts as a teaching vector for exerting kinetic force.

>>and I'm out
>K, later.
Oh crap. The books get into god stuff?

>>18817880
Nothing, we just do it. Maybe that's not the "right" way to do it, but stopping to draw a circle every time you need to use kinetic energy or heat would be a pain in the ass. Do people typically use circles for that?
>>
>>18817910
Most peoplr banish, at the very least, to create a "circle," even if it's not physically represented. Also, banishing at the end is typically a good idea, as needed though. What kinds of entities do you evoke?
>>
Okay at first I thought the "street" kid was going to be a totally derailing shitposter, but that went better than expected.
>>
>>18817919
Okay, we're having a conflict of terminology here. Evocation in my "community" is used to refer to evoking forces, not entities. Evoking kinetic or thermal or electrical force. The quick, explosive shit. "combat" (utility) magic, mostly.
>>
>>18817933
Ok sounds like a type of invocation to me but I don't know enough about your community to judge one way or another.
>>
>>18817933
Soo... Yu-gi-oh?
>>
>>18817922
I mean "psi" writ large is under the sphere of our interest, but outside of Siddhis it's underemphaized ITT for a number of different reasons, and some of it boils down to aptitudes and poor frameworks for how "inner" or "higher" spiritual work awakens or influences this or that factor at a variable level.

In some way Astral Projection's the median between full psi and full occultism. Often no single technique will work for all students but it's a very early occult requirement that a lot of serious groups train you to master before they even start to get close to other forms of physical result.
>>
>>18810667
Some witches are doing ANOTHER #BindTrump thing. Why are witchniggers so cucked?
>>
>>18817933
>kung fu cult magick
Bruh you're dropping red flags all over this thread. From the hints you've dropped about the magickal system I can tell you definitively you aren't in a position to tell other people their systems are bullshit. I've seen people get completely taken advantage of by creepy weirdos demonstrating "kinetic magic" and offering to teach strange powers. Be exceedingly careful about whoever you learned that shit from
>>
>>18817942
Keep >>>/pol/ shit in >>>/pol/
There's a reason there is a containment board for you people
>>
>>18817803
>Yeah, great plan there Constantine, but like I was saying earlier, if you're a poorfag with no money or connections for education, you just gotta take what you can get
You're not poor. You have a computer with internet access. If you can afford to sh**post on 4chan, you can afford to download Gems from the Equinox and start taking notes. No excuses.
>>
>>18817939
No, link infinitely related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsDDXSmGJZA

>>18817942
>[triggered by hedgewitches]
If your skills were so good you wouldn't be in here complaining about them.

>>18817945
This too.
I ain't saying [thing] isn't legit, but I am saying that things are a minefield in the greater West and it doesn't matter if it's higher esoterica or grimy psionics, ungrounded exploration leads to unpleasant conclusions.
>>
>>18817961
People using poverty as an excuse for indolence is such a pet peeve of mine. There are plenty of people who work godawful jobs so they can save up enough money to buy five thousand dollar Andrew Chumbley books, for example
>>
>>18817937
It's probably an issue at our end, we use a mix of terms from half a dozen different traditions mixed in with some academic terminology and slang.

>>18817939
Wouldn't the summoning monsters thing that anon was talking about make more sense for a yugioh comparison?

>>18817945
>you definitively you aren't in a position to tell other people their systems are bullshit
Probably, but the criticism doesn't apply in this situation. I wasn't telling him he was wrong, I was just saying we use different words for different things.

>I've seen people get completely taken advantage of by creepy weirdos demonstrating "kinetic magic" and offering to teach strange powers
Ditto. Which is why I only learn from people who can demonstrate real, practical skills.

>>18817942
Shit talk witches all you want, they make the best weed.

As something of an aside, does anyone know if the president has his own people for magic? It seems like he'd have to, or if not the secret service, the CIA or FBI or something would have to.

>>18817961
The point is that I don't have enough money to ship off to europe to learn from a "reputable magic school". Either way, yes, you're right, I should (and do) look into sources on the internet, hence me being here. 99% of it thus far has been bullshit.
>>
can you cause permanent curses with any occult magic?
>>
>>18817976
>Which is why I only learn from people who can demonstrate real, practical skills.
But that's *exactly* the type anon was talking about.
>they make the best weed.
I prefer mine to be grown, tankya much. That synthetic stuff'll kill ya.
>>
>>18817979
Can. Probably shouldn't.
>>
>>18817976
>I don't have enough money to ship off to europe to learn from a "reputable magic school"
Implying that everyone on hear who knows their shit did? I've got news about that one, friend
>>
>>18817983
why? this is a question im wondering out of a total hypothetical im not interested in fucking someones life up
>>
>>18817980
>But that's *exactly* the type anon was talking about.
So to you the dude who can teach you actual observable, useful skills is a con man? Who would you consider an upright citizen then? And why is it a problem for me to go to a dude who says he can teach me some shit, pay him, learn that shit, and be happy? Everyone is getting what they want here.
>>
>>18817976
>Ditto. Which is why I only learn from people who can demonstrate real, practical skills.

More than likely these people are fooling their students with "practical skills" while they engage in what this board refers to as "loosh farming", probably using systems that are more familiar to traditional Magick users like Ape. Just be careful
>>
>>18817992
No, I'm saying that that's the type of person the anon was saying they have seen scam people and use them. Dude I'm thrilled about your interest and all, But we can't spoonfeed you everything. Like, especially stuff that's already in the thread, it's a waste of my time to type this out, instead of you going back and reading a comment again.
>>
>>18817995
>>18817998
I guess I just don't get where you are coming from with this. I know specific things I want to learn. I see a guy who knows how to do that. I go to him, pay him, and he teaches me. I keep making consistent progress over time. I don't see the issue here. Yeah, maybe I'm not getting the thorough bachelor's degree that is a proper education in magic, but I'm not looking for that, I wanted the magical equivalent of a 6 month vo-tech course to learn some practical, useful things, and that's what I got.

The warning is "don't get taken advantage of", which is great, I appreciate the warning, and if that's all it was, thank you, but it seems to be that you're implying that's what I've been getting thus far, which isn't really how I see it.
>>
>>18818010
I think that's basically the warning, but IDK cuz I'm a different anon. Also, if you learned what you wanted to and don't want to go further, why have you been asking about it for like, the last two hours?
>>
>>18818028
>don't want to go further
Didn't say that.
>>
>>18816286
what the fuck is this?
>>
If a newer practitioner were looking for a tradition to study and hopefully practice in, what "sales pitch" would you give for the following traditions?
-Thelema
-Temple of Set
-Louisiana Voodoo
>>
>>18818010
The warning is all there is. If wanting to go to magickal trade school is your trip that's your trip, just be aware that in every transaction there is always fine print, and without the "greater" awareness that comes from the deeper, more philosophical and arguably ideological and "superstitious" aspect of Magick it is much more difficult to tell when you're being taken advantage of. Anyone can go to trade school and learn to work in a factory, but not everyone can go to engineering school to learn how the machines work, or go to an economics school to learn how to most effectively take advantage of someones's labor, ya dig?
>>
>>18818071
>Thelema
Good paper trail. Solid academic basis. Lively contemporary practice.

>Temple of Set
Slightly more academic. Moderately less Kabbalistic.

>Louisiana Voodoo
Diffuse and synchretic practice makes it easy to pick up basic rootwork and entry level rites.
>>
>>18810667
I don't get mysticism and the occult. Nor do I understand religion. Believing in nothing doesn't satisfy me. Is there something wrong with me?
I feel like I'd make more progress sitting down on a rock.
>>
>>18818088
>all those eights

Man I hate how much sense Charles Manson makes to me when I hear him talk. It's so unreal when hes like the archetypal deranged maniac in our society. Out of curiosity, what do you think he did right/wrong as a mystical figure?
>>
>>18818093
sit long enough on a rock while remaining unattached to your thoughts are you will most definitively make progress
>>
>>18818088
Thanks! btw a question since you recommended Blazing Dew of Stars - is that book the kind of text that is useful to most western traditions a practitioner will read on in the future? Or is it a more specialized use of the Kabbalah?

Sorry if I've had a lot of questions; but the people who have thought me all had their own biases (whether it be local Filipino folk magic, chaos, or wicca) to the point where I haven't progressed as much due to discouraging some of my interests such as the LHP.
>>
>>18818101
Fug.
I could write for a few hours on that subject.

I'm a big proponent that Chuck, largely, din'do nuffins. Pimp? Sure. Manipulator? By definition. Serial murderer? Uh, probably not.

Some years ago someone close to Tate published a book which asserted that from the attic of the Tate residence reels of old nine mm films were taken that contained porn of the Polanskis with Charlie's girls.

I do NOT buy Helter Skepter. Vinny B.'s a proven liar. He had ideological ambitions. Speculations were latched onto by kids high as shit on LSD.

Charles would have been a tempest in a teacup if Melcher woulda just given him a fucking record deal.

He never woulda made it in an Order though.

That page is, awkwardly...accurate. The Solar Lodge was a waystation for a pile of weird fucks and is likely where Marjorie Cameron, Anton Lavey, Aquino, Charlie, and the Process all stopped in for drinks.

Speaking of which, the Process is under revival if you cats wanna get in on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghYCnDnFy0
>>
>>18818105
I don't doubt you. As far as I am aware I am my mind. So what you suggested would be difficult and even unsettling.

I should probably give that a sincere try, and laugh about it later.
>>
>>18818111
Blazing Dew is an advanced text but breaks down the Klifot in their traditional use; they are habit fields one must shatter in order to make spiritual progress. They are not spirits or places. They are only useful in their destruction.

>>18818123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOTnvPE_LMY
>>
>>18818074
Sound good man. Not setting out to change the study of magic as we know it, just trying to learn some practical skills that will be useful in day to day life. I'm a working man, not an academic.
>>
>>18818133
https://youtu.be/3WTj4L5iBDo?list=PL794CAF086D1165A4
>>
>>18818123
what's the "process?"
>>
>>18818133
Alright, one last thing. Any changes to the sales pitches if their core philosophy (or at the very least, morality) were involved?
>>
>>18817933
Sounds like someone's been reading too much Dresden Files.
>>
>>18818169
damn, Chuck would have rivaled the Dead if they'd let him do his thing.
>>
>>18818169
>>18818133
>>18818123
>>18818101
https://youtu.be/NCdYMKqpzBw

>>18818180
The Process Church of the Final Judgement, see...>>18817770 and >>18817905

>>18818185
Thelema makes you a Saint or a or a real piece of shit. I like to have delusions I'm the former, but who knows.
Read Duty. Over and over.

Temple of Set's riskier. They have better controls on ego inflation but that's only because they work that angle harder and tend to draw those with egos burning a few degrees hotter. You don't know as much as you think you do. ToS meritocracy is measured more in certification (professional) than anything inside the Order.

Voodoo's gonna let you play fast and lose, but if you cross a spirit you're fucked fucked fucked, so it's rather a different beast than other spirits who may be more lenient on treasonous actions, particularly if we're talking about Lemegeton with some spying built into the system. The Esu don't fuck around. No 'native' spirit really does. Enochian entities don't either. If you want some middle ground, there's Grimorium Verum which is a more folk/traditional take on Lemegeton style practice.
>>
>>18818203
I agree.

Just let Chuck serve as an example of 'worst case scenario' of failing your obligations.

The less your life looks like Charlie in Death Valley, the better.
>>
>>18818208
>Googles the Process
>Finds out that they are hated by both Scientology and the OTO
That's a big feather in the Cap in my book
>>
>>18818200
Don't know what that is, just do it that way because that's the way I was taught. Is the dresden files something I sound be reading? At the risk of sounding like an idiot, a quick google search makes it seem like fiction.
>>
>>18818228
kek
>>
>>18818227
Technically I'm OTO and I think the Process is a breddy guul guy who deosn't afraid of nething.

Seriously they're reviving the Church so get in on it while the gettin's good and you can be at the center of a occult murder conspiracies again in a few short years.
>>
>>18818228
I can't even begin to explain how weird it is for someone to be skilled enough to influence the physical word with their power, but still be this fucking clueless.
>>
>>18818208
I've heard of the dangers of Enochian and Folk deities (particularly, the fae). Lemegeton has always interested me but I believe I'm not ready for that yet. I'll continue studying both the Temple of Set and Thelema. Thanks for the replies, Ape.
>>
>>18810667
At the risk of starting a shitstorm, what gods do you people believe in? Do ypu believe your magic comes from your gods?
>>
File: Revival-510x767.jpg (63KB, 510x767px) Image search: [Google]
Revival-510x767.jpg
63KB, 510x767px
>>18818248
Before the first page of this book, the computer magician who resurrected the Process Church was murdered. Was this man Christ?

Christianity may be the opposite of what it seems, a Satanic plot that subconsciously preaches, “Release the fiend that lies dormant within you, for he is strong and ruthless, and his power is far beyond the bounds of human frailty. Come forth in your savage might, rampant with the lust of battle, tense and quivering with the urge to strike, to smash, to split asunder all that seek to detain you.” Can the surviving Processeans achieve the hopes expressed in their blessing: “May the life-giving water of the Lord Christ and the purifying fire of the Lord Satan bring the presence of love and unity into this assembly”?

http://feralhouse.com/revival/
>>
>>18818288
None. I know I'm a minority in these threads, which is why I usually don't post, but I really don't get why so many people insist on tying religion into their practice of magic.
>>
>>18818295
I'm getting pretty strong "Jungian faux-alchemical psychoanalysis" vibes from that Lord Christ, Lord Satan mess

>Who is seeking to destroy all esoteric religious movements?

I ask myself this question every day
>>
>>18818295
http://feralhouse.com/financial-vipers-of-venice/

This book from the same publisher looks amazing, although a lot of the other books look crackpot. Is there any validity to these ideas?
>>
>>18818312
Feral House is hit and miss.

Ritual America looks corny but Parfrey's decent.

Sex and Rockets is stellar. Apocalypse Culture's solid.

They carry Kaczynski's manifesto.
>>
>>18818333
I missed those kinds of Church of the Subgenius vibes, I feel that's been sorely missing in the world lately

Are you planning on joining the reboot of this organization and having the next season of True Detective made about your life?
>>
What is the Typhonian current of Thelema?
>>
>>18818208
>Thelema makes you a Saint or a or a real piece of shit
Is that what you would expect if you invoke sol 4 times a day?
>>
>>18818475
Dark stuff, the side of darkness.
>>
>>18818295
Would you have an ebook of that title?
>>
>>18818785
That is what you would expect observing what happened to, say, Monsieur Crowley.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>18819878
It's past the bump limit, it won't work.
>>
>>18819878
Well, it's past the bump limit. Hopefully Ape is creating a new thread with those updates. I hope I haven't been delaying that process by making these threads in the interim. I'm just trying to keep the discussion alive.
>>
>>18810667
Sorry to bother everybody but I thought this would be a better place to ask rather than make a new thread asking. Before Christmas I had been planning on becoming a magician for lack of a better word, I'd been researching about Alesiter Crowley and lurking on this thread just to pick up a few things, I'd even got a empty notebook ready to record my thoughts and experiments with magic. However I had an accident nothing serious, but I was housebound for a week or so and as it occurred right after my decision to become a occultist I sort of got it into my head that it was somehow not an accident and was someones way of trying to get me off the path I had just chosen.
Of course it could have been just what it was, an accident, nothing sinister, but I was just wondering considering the timing of it.
>>
>>18820155
It is normal. Here is a wall of text for you.
---
So there’s your sequence of basic magical practices: a daily banishing ritual; a daily discursive meditation; and a daily divination. Most people can do this in around thirty minutes a day, give or take a bit of wiggle room—five to seven minutes for the ritual, ten minutes for the meditation, and the rest to cast and interpret the divination. That’s all it takes to set yourself on the path of operative magic.

Sounds easy, doesn’t it? It isn’t. If you decide to give it a try, I promise you that your mind, your body, the people you live with, and the entire rest of the universe, right out to the comets of the Oort Cloud and the distant stars of the Magellanic Clusters, will spend the next year or so handing you every conceivable reason to do something else with that thirty minutes. It’s amusing in retrospect, though rarely so funny at the time, just how many obstacles get thrown up (in any sense of the phrase you prefer) in the way of those first tentative steps toward magehood. There’s nothing you can do to prevent it—fleeing to a hermitage and barring the doors has been tried, and no, it doesn’t help—and only one response that matters, which is to Just. Keep. On. Doing. Your. Practices. Eventually, if you keep going despite all obstacles, the obstacles fall away, the doors swing wide open, and the fun begins.
>>
>>18820155
Re-post this when the new thread comes up
>>
>>18820257
Thank you. I read one writer who describes how when something goes wrong in a magicians life he blames it on outside forces, that an attack on him is an attack on the world, sort of thing, which seems egotistical but after my accident I sort of went a bit paranoid and though it was a sign from god or something. Thank you for replying to me.
>>
>>18820259
Will do
>>
>>18820262
You could do way worse than looking for the blog that is the source of this text, The Well of Galabes, and reading it from the first to the last post.

I know that's a lot of material, but I think you won't regret it.

You start with allosaurs and you will end with an astrological chart for the first six months of The Donald presidency. What's there to not like?
>>
>>18820293
thank you
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.