[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random occurences and events not so random after all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: abcd.jpg (311KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
abcd.jpg
311KB, 1095x730px
I can't stop noticing this phenomenon as i would call it that happens pretty much every day now.. It's kind of hard to search it up because i don't know how to formulate it..

Call me nuts.. but here I go

OKAY, so..for example:

Today i was just chatting to a colleague about how stuff was in the past in my town and how the youth could do all kinds of things that we would get arrested for today. One of the things he mentioned was that doing burnouts with their cars was a normal thing back then and none would care, at least as much as today. I haven't ever seen a kid doing a burnout in my small town in the 20 years I've lived and grown up here. BUT... Today of all days there was this one kid in his BMW doing a burnout..Coincidence? I don't know..

Another example is:
The other day i was watching a documentary about Volcanoes.. pretty random? right, so thought I.. so it was interesting to know more about them and how they work.. yadayada.. Next day came and i'm just reading the news and there is an article about a BBC crew that was filming a volcano that suddenly erupted and peppered them with molten rock and debree. Coincidence? ..Maybe..

This is one of many different "unique" occurrences, events, happenings and so on that keep reappearing twice or more in one day. I could be anything really.. all the way down to a certain word, usually a new "special" word that i read somewhere and the same day i would hear that word either in a commercial or read it somewhere else in an unrelated article.

Sorry if you cant grasp what i am trying to convey here,, but its tricky to come up with good examples because for some reason these events, words and occurrences vanish out of my memory just like your dreams do 10 minutes after you wake up in the morning. My mind is about to flip out if this keeps happening... its kind of cool, but its so strange.. I was coming here hoping to figure out if anyone else has had similar experiences and if there is a name for this phenomenon?
>>
File: magic.jpg (152KB, 666x850px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
152KB, 666x850px
Confirmation bias.
>>
>>18810082
synchronicity
>>
>>18810088
>>18810114
I feel like its a mix of the two.. is this like.. normal? Am I a special snowflake?
>>
>>18810138
>Am I a special snowflake?
You and every other human who has ever existed.
>>
On a serious note.. i reeally hope Vsauce takes on this topic. It's so interesting
>>
>>18810138
I think everyone experience is. The more you think about it and rationalize it the more crazy it will drive you. Some people say "There's no such thing as a coincidence" but that perspective is really quite shocking if you consider it. Part of it is our time which is strictly scientific and materialistic. At an earlier time when people believed in God and providence it would probably be less alarming. Confirmation bias is a good explanation. But maybe it is something more than that....who knows?
>>
It's synchronicity, and only you can decide whether the events are meaningful to you or not.

Just don't go looking for meaning everywhere, or you'll make yourself go schizo.

I've also heard a theory that an outside force can cause synchronicity by manipulating reality. I think this has happened to me before, although I'm not sure what the purpose is (or whether it's good or bad).

I suppose it all depends on your own perspective.
>>
Man thats happens to me all the time too
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.