[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmares you've had that generally stick out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27

File: nightmare_by_nakanoart-d8qykn7.jpg (188KB, 716x1115px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare_by_nakanoart-d8qykn7.jpg
188KB, 716x1115px
Nightmares you've had that generally stick out
>>
stabbed my friend in the head with a pencil and he smiled and turned into bubbles
walking through a forest and I see a shadow in the clearing, I get scared but walk towards it anyway for some reason
be in some creepy ritual room with fire all around me and a fat guy with a moustache shouts at me "NOW, WILL YOU SACRIFICE YOUR SOUL FOR-" I screamed no at him before he could finish and woke up sweating
I have fucking hundreds of these, I don't sleep well
the worst ones are the paralysis ones but I haven't had those lately for some reason
>>
File: 1484041530685.jpg (965KB, 3062x2146px) Image search: [Google]
1484041530685.jpg
965KB, 3062x2146px
The sexual ones. I can't shake off that one where I was having sex with my partner's sisters on the cancer ward, she was rotting from cancer or something like that.
There was another one where my mother tried to rape my 12 years old self, that was intense.
>>
>>18810021
A mass amount of uncountable red faces screaming at me for only one second and then vanishing.
>>
I used to have dreams of gorillas trying to kill me. One of them I was in a wrestling ring with one and it charged at me, waking me up.
And I had a recurring one where it'd all be different except before anything happens, I'd hear an alarm buzz, telling me that it's going to be a nightmare. I still have it from time to time but now I use it for lucid dreaming
>>
I've died a thousand times, in a thousand ways, in a thousand different environments, each seeming real, each feeling familiar, wake up confused at where I am.
>>
Around the time when my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer, I had dreams of his large, sickly green floating head with no eyes chasing me around all over.
>>
File: ryan-gitter-ryangitter-oops.jpg (366KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gitter-ryangitter-oops.jpg
366KB, 1920x960px
>>18810055
>There was another one where my mother tried to rape my 12 years old self, that was intense.
Suppressed memory.
>>
>>18810093
Dreams where you die are really disorienting for me desu
>>
Not a nightmare but I once had a dream where I was beating my dick to a bdsm hentai where a girl was wearing one of those training masks that choke you if you don't breathe right while while she was getting fucked.
With the album centipede hz playing.

It was weird
>>
Had a dream I was at Andre the Giant's bedside as he lay dying and his skin peeled off and he was a cyborg.
>>
>>18810021
i had a lot but i think its because im a depressed neet and my brain tries to keep me entertained because i don't have any hobbies and sleep almost all day.
ones about a zombie breakout and i see everyone die then a deformed zombie woman follows me to my death.
the other one is kinda like sleep paralysis but im still in my dream i can't move or scream and some ghoulish shadow stays there
that one i stop being afraid off after all its just a fucking dream.
>>
File: ADweeAz.jpg.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ADweeAz.jpg.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>be around 8
>dreaming that im in some perfect little village somewhere, pic related
>it's a perfect day, there's birds in the sky chirping, kids skipping around laughing etc
>an ice cream van is parked on the road, serving everyone Icecreams
>awesome.jpg
>walks around for a bit, sees someone's front door open
>suddenly, dark clouds appear above, sun is gone
>turns around, it's silent, everyone's gone
>... except for the Icecream van man
>he's still standing there near the van, arms folded.. just smiling
>so, I go into the house...
>it's old in there.. there's no carpet, wallpaper, it's grey, void of any colour, almost black and white
>nightmare house
>notice there's people in one of the rooms making noise
>creeps in.. "hello?"
>there's around 8 people in the room
>they're all standing around in a circle, about a foot away from the wall, leaning into the wall
>their bodies are all literally joined to the wall from the neck up
>they're all doing spasms like theyre having fits or some shit
>NOPE
>turns around and starts running, realises house is suddenly a death trap
>trying my hardest to wake up, slapping myself in the dream
>eyes wont open, cant fucking wake up
>gets outside, there's nobody!.
>punching myself in the face at this point, nope, still cant wake up
>wait...
>the fucking Ice cream guy!!
>runs over to the van, he's standing there arms folded, smiling at me
>looks almost like a fat friendly Mario
>.. "Hey, excuse me Mr!!! How do I WAKE UP???"
>he laughs.. stops, and then looks at me and says..
>.........
>.."You Can't!"
I woke up seconds later screaming the fucking house down.
>>
>>18810237

Why does everybody have cool nightmares?
I get either lame jumpscare-type stuff or I have to argue with a motley group of peasants about politics.
>>
>>18810502
>I have to argue with a motley group of peasants about politics.

Are they anarcho syndicalists?
>>
>be really young
>constantly have nightmares
>can't remember most of them, all i've got are images of screaming disfigured faces
>one night wake up sweating from another one
>my bed is straight across from the window so when i sit up i'm directly facing it
>curtains closed (they always are, fucking windows man) MASSIVE shadowy face stretched over it
>scream and back up against the wall
>it smiles
>yell bloody murder, probably the loudest i've ever screamed
>parents nearly immediatly come rushing in (they usualy take ages, probably because they're tired of trying to get this little shit calm again and back to bed)
>face is gone
>hysterically explain to them there was a face on my window
>they brush it off as a dream
>nu-uh, i had just woken up
>well it was probably just your shadow on the curtains
>try and explain to them that my light is between me and the window, my shadow would be behind me, and shadows DO NOT SMILE
>and thus, for years i was convinced ghosts were real
>untill i learned of sleep paralysis that is, and realised a lot of my nightmares were probably that, so possibly this one as well.
>>
>>18810021

I dremt about an apple dropping from the cosmos. It was full of flies that occupied the human body. Many died, some survived with the flies inhabiting their bodies, disabling basic human needs and making the rest of the survivors sick. There were attempts to analyze the infestation, but it seemed impossible with the lack of proper tools, since decaying set unsually fast in so that buildings and interior became inhabitable except for only few, protected buildings. The rest was your typical zombie dream, but now with flies from outta space.

The rest is from many other genres. Many slice of life dreams but only a few truly supernatural despite me being interested in this genre the most,
>>
I had two nightmares that I have remembered since I was about 8.

First one was walking down to the basement of my old house, seeing my Dad sitting in a rocking chair with his head moving. Like he was nodding fast. Scared the shit out of me.

Second, was the Easter Bunny running from my back yard up the footpath really fast and being right in my face staring at me.

Weird shit. Wonder if it means anything subliminally.
>>
>>18810066
Deep
>>
a weird one I had was I was trapped inside a giant sink and every time I almost got out it would get filled with water and I would end up at the bottom of the sink
>>
>>18810086
I miss harambe too.
>>
>>18810696
fucking kek
>>
>be around 6 years old
>dreaming that I'm in a Clothes Store somewhere with my Mom
>she's walking around the store doing the shopping, I'm playing/hiding in the clothes not really paying attention
>...
>she comes over.. "Come on, its time to go home"
>stands up, turns around, sees there's another Mom standing there
>she also comes over.. "No, I'm your real Mom, come with me!"
>they both look kinda weird, their faces are.. different
>standing there for few minutes, both Mom's trying to persuade me that they're the real Mom
>one of them is getting really angry, shouting at me
>the other one is being all nice to me, crying..
>decides to go home with the nicer one because she's being nice
>we leave the store.. suddenly we're at home, approaching the front door..
>looks up at Mom, she's smiling down, happyface.jpg
>gets in front door, looks around the house
>house looks like shit, it's dark, there's blood on the walls and a pile of bones in the corner
>huh?
>turns around to look at Mom
>literally sees pic related
>she's laughing at me, and locking the many locks on the door
>starts crying
>imagines my real Mom kneeling somewhere, also crying

>wakes up
>"Mooooooooom"
>>
>>18810021
One I had when I was barely a teenager:
I had died from lung cancer caused by second hand smoke from my parents. I became a ghost and was watching everyone soon after my death. Nobody was sad or upset, in fact most of them seemed happy, unaware that I had died, or even glad I had died. Idk if it counts as a nightmare, since I wasn't scared, but it was probably one of the worst dreams I've ever had.
>>
>>18810696
It was weird considering I didn't have a fear of gorillas as a kid
>>
>>18810604
so here's one i later realised was a case of sleep paralysis
>be in my mid/late teens
>nightmares have cut down somewhat, and when i do have them they're not nearly as scary
>just vague dreams of getting lost/feeling uneasy
>one night "wake up" from some dream
>i'm laying on my side, and from the corner of my eye can see something hover above me
>startled, try to move an look up
>can't move
>it's getting closer
>i'm sharing a bunk bed with my younger brother at this point, i'm in the top bunk
>try and yell for help
>nothing, no sound
>i hear a faint buzzing as it creeps ever closer
>really panicking now
>desperatly try to move, my legs, arms, head, hands, even just wiggle my toes, anything
suddenly i shoot awake, staring at my bookcase
wait hold up i thought i was already awake, i think to myself.
shift to my side
>can't shift
>oh fuck
>it's still there
>the dark shape starts creeping closer again
>repeat my earlier attempts, to no avail
>not even a louder than usual breath comes out
>trying to move is actualy starting to hurt now
>the shadowy shape is now starting to envelop me, my vision growing dark and blurry
>the noise keep getting louder, sounds like what you hear when you're underwater played through a static radio
shoot awake again, thank you jesus, i hope it's for real this time
i open my eyes, everything seems normal, try and turn
>nope.avi
>i spot it again, it's already creeping closer
>on every loop it seems to get closer and closer, i don't want to find out what happens once it gets me
>fuck the pain, i'm getting up
>my lungs burn and my muscles scream as i try and force movement out of them
>shape steadily creeps closer, already starting to envelop me
>noise gets deafeningly loud as i scream my throat to pieces yet only little hums come out
>i think i managed to make my finger twitch
bam. awake again. immediatly try and spin around
>not happening buddy
cont:
>>
Night before the terrorist attack in London, I had a dream that I was a police officer. The night after it happened I dreamt that a bunch of guys surrounded me and one of them pulled out what looked like a large nail and stabbed me. Don't know if it means anything.

Other than that, I've had really vivid dreams before, some involving standard nightmare themes like drowning or being suffocated, others involving body horror and shit like that.
>>
>>18810810
cont:

>this is it, this is how i die. i'm stuck in a loop untill whatever that thing is gets to me
>this time it comes to nearly being fully around me, and as this thing is trying to drag me away i am contemplating on wether i slipped into a coma and if my parents are crying over my bed right now or if this is somehow real
>the noise grows ever louder as i finaly manage to force myself up
>every inch of my body is on fire and protesting as i force myself to roll on my side and fall out of bed
>don't even notice the pain of falling on the floor from the top bunk
>this shadow thing is actively trying to force me down against the floor
>still only managing some dry heaving and pathetic squeeks i try and crawl over to the door
>every inch of me is protesting as i finaly reach it with this black, deafeingly loud mass swirling around me and making it difficult to see
>somehow mannage to fumble the handle so the door swings open and i fall into the hallway
>apparantly people heard me as i feel my strength leaving
>panicked voices can be barely heard through the pounding noise
>at this point i can make out some vague sillouettes of feet scurrying around me as everything keeps growing darker and darker
i wake up in my bed, or i think it is, it feels familiar. i'm terrified, not opening my eyes yet, heart pounding and waiting for it all to start over again.
as the seconds creep by i figure there's no other option, and with a scream i flip myself over in bed.
cont:
>>
>>18810817
cont:

it works! i almost cry in relief.
shakily and trmebling all over, i get out of bed and go downstairs, flipping on all switches i come across and tactically avoiding any windows (seriously, fuck them, and mirrors too)
Our family dog lazily looks up and is visibly contemplating on wether he should get up or not. whatever i don;t care, gotta drink. at this point i only ever drank at parties, but right now i figure i really need some alcohol in me. i end up on the couch mentally repeating to myself it was all fake while drinking a cold beer for god knows how long, the dog at one point did get up and sit next to me. probably realized i wasn't doing/feeling too good, dogs are smart like that.
after what feels like forever i figure i have to get back to sleep.
fuck switching off the lights though, my parents can get angry about that all they want in the morning i'm not doing it right now.

I don't know which was scarier, my panicked thoughts that it was real or the fear of of being stuck in that dreamloop forever. i think what happened was that i kept waking up to sleep paralysis and slipping back into full rem sleep a couple times over before finaly waking up for real.
>>
>>18810823
oh almost forgot, the only thing i can't explain was the pain.
trying to move actualy fucking hurt, a lot, and i don't think you can "dream" pain.
>>
File: Capture (2).png (2MB, 1284x848px) Image search: [Google]
Capture (2).png
2MB, 1284x848px
I haven't had a real nightmare since I was a child.

Last night I dreamt that I was walking through a highschool and kept running into/observing people I went to school with and old friends, never admitted crushes, etc. Sometimes it was like they couldn't see me, some times they would look at me and smile.
I distinctly remember meeting some emo/alt girls I hung out with in middle school. It made me very happy to talk to them in the dream, even if IRL I never really cared for them. A strange kind of dream where emotions are intensified, feeling pure happiness like that I can't recall ever feeling in real life.

I thought to myself;

>"What is this? Is this a nightmare?"

Because that's what it seemed like. To have all of it waved in front of you like that. Loneliness being my default state of mind, dreams being an altered state of consciousness, it wasn't nearly as surreal as a typical dream. Maybe a semi-lucid dream? In between observing and participation, intensified imagination.

I woke up feeling very refreshed, despite having only 5 hours of sleep for the past 2 days while working construction and attending school. It was a power nap kind of feeling, like falling asleep in school on your desk for just 15 minutes but waking up relaxed and burping from being hunched over. Maybe I was sleeping in the fetal position.
>>
>>18810021
Most what I call nightmares involve my mother. Long ago I had one where it woke me up with tears. I don't remember the details, but I was so glad it wasn't a real life situation.
Spoopy stuff never woke me up. Either it happened in deep R.E.M. hours, or I usually don't get those ones at all.
>>
>>18810021
None, I don't have nightmares.

Genuinely one of my hidden pleasures. Happened maybe twice.
>>
>>18810021
>be me
>be six
>jar in my bedroom, really want to open it
>dad says no and leaves
>open it anyway
>inside is this small evil jester looking thing
>it chases after me laughing
>right when it is about to catch me i wake up

thing is, it was really traumatizing as a kid took atleast a year for me to shake it off
>>
I killed my parents with a machete and looked at the sky and it was a crescent shape
>>
>>18810839
3/10 creepypasta
>>
>>18811228
You're gonna convert to islam and honor kill your parents
>>
When I was young I used to have nightmares that I was being chased by what I can only descrive as a red eyed woke. It would chase me to my parents bedroom and I'd wake up before it killed me.

Then through teen to current I just have surreal dreams about spoopy or odd locations

>tfw I'm a shit artist
>I will never be rich off my dreams
>>
I was in hell battling creatures but one shaped like those flat fossilized type of animals kept trying to eat me the creature had sharp teeth as feet and the nose was a round worm mouth
>>
I have waking nightmares now. My vision is fucking up and I see things I shouldnt.

I could go get a new glasses prescription but let's see where this goes
>>
>>18811254
Thats why you don't pick the dome fossil.
>>
Has anyone here ever had a fever dream? Man.. I had one as a kid. It was so vivid I can not even describe it. I was in another universe, I didn't have a proper body, I was a different entity.
Worst part is it reoccured as an adult. After about 10 years. Once.

I wish I could describe it to you /x/philes but the words needed to describe it would sound ridiculous.

Please someone tell me he's had a dream he can't even describe but remembers all of it.. Someone?
>>
I dreamt I hat entered an old, abandoned house. I was searching fit something, but I don't know what or why.

I find myself down in the basement. Down there it seemed more like a decaying temple. The stairs were carved out of stone and there was a pool carved into the floor. Symbols of some kind are carved into the walls. It should have been pitch black down there but it was gloomy, as though flooded with moonlight somehow. The pool's water was still and black like a mirror. I think I meant to dive into the pool in pursuit of my quest for whatever.

But the door to the basement was thrown open and a Thing came rushing down the stairs screaming insanely, rushing toward me full of malice and violence. It was misshapen, with like four legs and three arms, and kind of awkwardly crab-walked. It was really fast.

I understood this being to be my mind's conception of pure, unadulterated, concentrated evil. It was the Devil in which I don't even believe in my waking life.

And the pool was a passage to Hell and it was going to push me in and drag me down.

I woke up sweating.

I've had variations of this nightmare once in awhile, ever since.
>>
>>18811279
Is this a situation I can say go to he'll anon?
>>
>>18810021
My most common recurring dream is I'm a fifth grader, and at school during recess. A weird telephone booth appears in the grass. My friends (who, strangely enough, change based on who I consider my friends whenever I have the dream) and I open it, and a shaggy, greasy yellow-haired dinosaur painting a portrait of himself turns around and roars so powerfully that his sunglasses fall off.

When I was 5 this was terrifying but now I greet it as an old friend.
>>
>>18810502
>or I have to argue with a motley group of peasants about politics.
This is far more terrifying than any of my nightmares.
>>
One of the few nightmares i had that actually scared me was one that reoccurred for 2 weeks. It doesn't sound like much, or very scary, but every time i would wake up i would be exhausted and terrified. Let it be noted that I have never been scared of spiders. In my dream, there was a continuous droning noise, like a never ending pitched down scream. I'm in a hall and there are spider webs everywhere. There's this huge and monstrous spider at the other end, and there are no other noises besides this droning noise. This thing is weirdly mixed with a human I think, and it beings chase, so i run to the other end and it gets smaller and smaller until i burst out of a huge wall of webs and out into a cold pouring night. There's a computer in the rain and I go over to it, and for some reason i think that if i can turn the fucking thing on it will all be over, but it's not working so i open it up and its just filled with spiders and webs. I can't recall the rest of the dream, I just know that it does not end well.
>>
>>18811277

Pls respond
>>
When i was a kid, I used to have this recurring nightmare. Thiis took place in the late 90s, each time I would wake up hearing a noise coming from the living room. At the time, my 2 brothers and I shared a room with a common wall to the living room. They were fast asleep, I would get up and go investigate the noise.

Once in the living room I could hear the noise clearly, it sounded like something wimpering coming from behind the couch, which was against the bedroom/living room wall. I layed town to try and see what was back there.

From what i can remember it looked as though it were a small dog, One of those small white curly haired ones. I would try and coax it out as I was too big to crawl under the few inch gap between the couch and floor. Once I had seemed to gain its trust, i remember it lunging forward and grabbing my legs, before trying to pull me under the couch.

Id always wake up at that point. In the living room.... with my legs under the couch
>>
I went through all the things I did right and all the acceptance I got in life, except it was reverse. First kiss slapped me in the face in front of everybody, first girl I asked out told me to fuck off and die in front of everybody, first job interview told me to fuck off in front of all my friends, never got accepted into college, first time I had sex she told me my cock was microscopic in front of all my friends, lose all important arguments, etc... It felt so real, and when I woke up from it I got severely depressed for a week. The amount of stress from that dream alone was enough to kill a fully grown elephant.
>>
>>18811316
C'mon anon, you're pulling our legs.

>under the couch...

Get it? Under the couch?
>>
Alien abduction dreams. I'm in my room, but the furniture is rearranged. Light's in my window. I close my eyes so I can't see them, but I can feel their presence. Once they reach me, I wake up.

Sometimes they'll grab me in my bathroom and I'll try to scream, but nothing comes from my mouth.

Had an entire series of grey alien dreams as a kid. I've trained myself to wake up as soon as I feel the dream will have aliens/ufos.
>>
had nightmares about this scene in particular for many years, dont see why though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9wl4Qve5E
>>
File: IMG_3111.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3111.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Anything that has to deal with her I remember pretty well

There is one that sticks out, it's a death-after-death, deathception if you will

I'm in a simulation, I die in the simulation not knowing I am in one, I then attempt to meditate, to get to Heaven I guess, I get all the way to the crest of the firmament and look up, there's a person staring back at me, we're rivals I guess and he's there already. Then I see a woman appear next to him, she's supposed to be my wife. This pisses me off to no end because of everything I could of done to lead a better life, we could of been happier together. I look back down at Earth in the Abyss and I see this grotesque squid with it's tentacles pulling on Earth like it's using the planet to life itself up, it's getting closer to me and in the back of my head I'm scared, I know if I can get in Heaven then I'll be safe, I won't have to fight it. So I try praying but it isn't working - I'm still at the crest. I look back down and it's closer still. I look back up at this sic piece of shit I hate and I know I can't go to Heaven, or don't want to be in Heaven if he's there, so I turn back and stare down the knock-off Cthulhu, I rush down to meet it, I have a sword and shield in hand and if I remember correctly I manifested them in meditation by remembering that I made a knife at my grandmother's and applied that knowledge or something. Back to the squid. I'm going head first into this thing as fast as I can.

Keep in mind my perspective has been first person this entire time. Only now as I'm about to start fighting this thing it switches to a third person view except I'm not looking at myself, I have an over the shoulder point of view of my rival in a Hospital room, looking at a screen that's next to my ICU bed, the monitor seems to be projecting what is going on with me in the simulation. He has a scared shitless look on his face as the squid and I impact. I'm killed instantly, the EKG machine screeches
>>
>Chilling in living room with little sister
>Felt like a sunday morning, nothing really happening
>I hear a car pull up the driveway
>Look out window, it's a black SUV
>about 3 guys with AK-47's jump out and start coming towards the door
>Have to plead with my sister for about 2 minutes to go and hide upstairs, she's freaking the fuck out
>I'm freaking the fuck out
>They break through the front door as I'm running to my parent's room to grab my dad's pistol
>They see me run into the room, chase after me
>Right as they come in I pick up the pistol and take safety off
>Point right at the guy, feel like I'm about to be a badass and save the day
>Start pulling the trigger
*click click click*
>Gun's empty
>Get shot in the chest about 4 times
>Fall over and hit my head on the dresser the gun was on
>Can't move a single muscle
>Can't breath
>Hear them going upstairs for my sister right as I wake up
>I hit my head on my nightstand irl and was in sleep paralysis

Here's where it get's interesting though

>Week later, go to bed, forgot all about the dream
>Find myself in my living room with sister
>Black SUV pulls up the driveway
>This feels familiar
>I realize what's happening and that I'm getting a second chance
>Tell sister to get the fuck upstairs and hide and that I'm not fucking around
>She obliges
>Get into my parents room, grab the pistol, this time I put a magazine into it
>Cock it, take safety off
>This time I have more time to do stuff so I get under my parents bed with the pistol aiming at the doorway
>Hear them come inside
>They start approaching my parents room where I'm hiding
>One comes in
>Open fire
*click click click*
>Gun isn't working
>Get lit the fuck up by an AK-47
>Can't move
>Can't breath
>Wake up and I'm actually under my own bed screaming my ass off
Haven't had a dream like it sense, but god damn it is so annoying to feel like you're about to save the day only to get shit on.
>>
Okay. Here's how it was from my point of view.
>be me
>be awake
>lying on my bed just thinking, room is pitch black
>hear this "beep" noise from outside my window, almost like a robotic cell phone noise
>look at the window for a moment
>suddenly I'm 'stunned'
> can feel electricity running through my body, I'm writhing and jittering like I'm having an epileptic seizure
>this huge light appears in my ceiling
>like a miniature sun in my room
>I want to scream but I can't
>suddenly wake up
>It's seven hours later
Probably just a very vivid dream, but I just can't get over how real it felt.
>>
>>18810839

Of course u can dream pain.
Its called psychosomatic and it's very common
>>
I occasionally have a recurring nightmare where I'll be out with friends doing normal shit and then I'll smell something like rotting meat and in the distance I always see this emaciated mule carcass, I guess its a zombie because it's dead and moves but idk everything goes silent and I can hear like fucked up sounds like people speaking in tongues when it gets close so I just run from it and usually try to wake myself up by killing myself in the dream. The scariest one was were it cornered me in a bathroom and as it was coming down the hall the voices got louder and I was just bashing my head on the sink trying to wake up but I couldn't until my ex woke me up to make sure I was okay and I had a fucking panic attack after waking up.

That was a fun time. Hasn't happened in a while but I may have jinxed myself by typing it out. Any dream experts that can interpret that?
>>
>walking through a field with gf
>all is normal
>hear rumbling then I fall
>ground is collapsing im falling she is floating upwards
>scream at her its all gonna be fine
>look down and all I see is pitch black with a hint of like brimstone red
>all of a sudden im chained up, suspended in the air
>remember the pain and everything of being tortured
>feels like ive been dreaming for months
>wake up in tears, asking what day/month it is to gf
>worst dream ive ever experienced
>happened 3 years ago
>>
File: jordan-peele.jpg (41KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-peele.jpg
41KB, 680x382px
>>18811442
>>
>>18811390
Classic case of sleep paralysis. I had a similar case to yours.

>be in my room
>struggling to fall asleep but no biggie I'll tough it out
>look up, door is slightly open (I've always had this paranoia about open doors when I'm trying to sleep)
>look up again, door is open wider than it was before
>feel discomfort, start sweating a little
>suddenly feel loud footsteps like something is running at me
>suddenly paralyzed
>can't say or do anything, can't breathe
>lasted about 30 seconds
>woke up drenched in sweat, felt numb throughout my body
>proceeded to sleep with lights on for days

once you figure out what it is, it's not so scary, I've had similar scenarios happen to me throughout the years, less scary every time.
>>
When i was about 3-4 i slept i. My parenta bedroom on the opposite corner. Every night there was this noise and then i would get sucked into the ceiling corner. The sketchy thing was i knew that i two choices. I could look at this picture of a family (who clearly resembled mine but wasnt) and then it would get dark and i wake up. The other was to dream, and i usually had nightmares when i dreamed, so i usually looked at the picture, but if i couldnt decide for some reason then i would dream. But one night i was on the floor and the noise came and i could feel the pull from the corner, and i held on to the carpet, and after a minute it stopped. It still happened after that but it might not have been as bad afterwards, but im not sure of this, im 19 now. I know it isnt a false memory cause i remember recalling this weird ritual all my life. I still remember the feeling of clutching the carpet, but i dont remember what it looked or felt like. And (suprise) i didnt tell anyone about until years later so it looks sketchy on my side. For awhile i told myself it was aliens, but i know it was wishful thinking. It was probably a dream about falling asleep, but i know it happened
>>
File: 1488923157454.png (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488923157454.png
38KB, 640x640px
There are two that stand out, all unrelated except for a certain someone, and yes i do keep a notebook with several pens near my bed so i can get to writing down my nightmares and dreams while they're still fresh.

First one, a 'zombie' outbreak where i start from my home, i'm usually playing or watching something on my room until my childhood friend grabs me by the arm and takes me through several places all chock full of rotting bodies that kind of twitch erratically while teleporting in short distances to get close to us, the very first time i exited my house and somehow ended up in a dilapidated church that had a massive and complex sewer (with train tracks and massive gates) under it, next time it was a rainy forest ending in a hospital, then a skyscraper ending in a mall, the nightmare always ends with both holing up in some cabin that is inexplicably full of supplies, we block the entrances with sofas, beds and other soft things before finally sitting down to eat.

Second one, i dream about all my old classmates from high school (old friend included), the building we end up in is never the same but what does always happen is that at first we're all studying and shooting the shit and a short while later most of them, if not all, end up dead in gruesome ways for no fucking reason, and i'm unlucky enough to run into every single one of them; hanged and dripping blood, dismembered, stabbed/beaten/shot in front of me, blown up, beheaded, crushed, burnt, electrocuted, mauled etc, it's honestly horrifying, i'm not even ashamed to admit that the first time it happened i wet my bed.

The only constant there is my friend.

My friend, who i have not seen in more than a decade (so in dreams he appears as a teenager), after we finished college i just decided not to keep in touch with him and i always regretted doing that since we used to be very very close.
>>
File: 1477890772132.jpg (425KB, 821x957px) Image search: [Google]
1477890772132.jpg
425KB, 821x957px
unrelated but i can legitimately feel "pain" if i get hurt in nightmares, the pain is more like getting tickled but the point is that it's unbearable, i also cannot run or walk fast in dreams, my entire body feels ticklish if i try

and if a nightmare is getting too fucked up or i'm getting too hurt i can just close my eyes forcefully reset, i either wake up or get another dream, sometimes i can even pause the dream and bring up a menu like if it were a videogame and from there i can wake up

can't wait until i get lucid dreams
>>
>>18810199
I'm a depressed neet, and I get sleep paralysis with a ghoulish shadow too.

How to defeat?
>>
itt:
>people explain their sub-concious fears to big brother
>>
>>18811526
Close your eyes and focus all of your effort into turning your head away. You'll either fall back asleep or wake yourself up doing this.
>>
I was a royal heir in some largely desert covered country a few hundred years agoo. I'd eat fruit, lounge and make lesbian love to my sweet heart. Three assassins came into my room, while her and I rested, slit her throat and made me watch and continued to disembowel me reminding me that, though I was the heir, I was undeserving of the throne. I watched in horror as my innards were ripped from my belly and saw her lying dead with a smile beaming on her face. The smile made it all the more painful because it made no sense in such a gruesome setting. Eventually became aware I was dreaming after what felt like hours of torture and immediately woke up in tears.
>>
>>18811311
ok
>>
Had a dream my best friends mom died and i couldnt hug her or help her in any way, i just had to sit and watch her cry. It was terrible. I had to tell her after a few weeks of trying to forget it.
>>
>>18811692
I had another as a child where a friend and I had stolen a jeep in order to run from a t-rex through this enormous forest. We took this leap over a canyon and ended up crashing in this eldritch city with one enourmos mansion at the center. The t-rex took the jump and was electrocuted to death because it landed on some power lines. We celebrate briefly until we realize the city is infested with zombies. Toward the mansion we rushed in an attempt to put anything between us and them. We get in and who else owns the house, but the Addams family. We explain what happened and the dad whos name escapes me right now led us to a closet full of weapons and armor. He directs me specifically to an armor fashioned to look like pikachu of all things, with the tail as a sword. I put it on, they all suit and somewhere during this my friend dissapears. We head out the back door and commence killing all the zombies. This was actually really fun. Think playing a live action hack n/ slash and you've about got the jist of it.

We eventually head inside and everybody except for Wednesday and I goes to bed. Her and I are just chilling, talking about what happened when she decides to show me some of the cool things they have round the house. She brings me this wand from her room that shot invisible flames that burned as hot as the sun and urges me to try it out. I do and it takes control of my hand, aiming itself at her face, while I struggle to pull it away. It ends up horribly disfiguring her and I, in a panic, ran through the halls until I literally run into a startled uncle Lester. He gives me an ointment to rub on her wounds. I tend to ehr in the bathroom because the ointment needed to be washed off almost immediately and she urges me to join her in it, still missing skin/flesh in most spots. I'm like "whaaaaat" at first but see that the ointment is taking effect rapidly and start thinking of how hot it'd be to lose my virginity to Wednesday Addams, so I hop on in.
>>
File: 1445376459400.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1445376459400.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>>18811714
It got really hot from there. Like, she did things to me I didn't even know people did with each other at the time. Being honest, I still fap to the dream form time to time, hah. I'd go into detail, but it'd fit a lot better on /d/ than it would here.

All in all, it was a great dream. Had it all really. Action, drama, humor and romance. 10/10 would go through it all again just to shlik Wednesday.
>>
>>18811720
I guess that was only nightmarish towards the begininning, huh?

I had another one that was definitely dark and scary almost all the way though. A past girlfriend and I are walking up to her grandparents house, gifts in hand. I had brough a Johnny Cash cd because her grandmother was obsessed and was pretty proud of my choice in gift. We get into a little fight over how long the visit should last, because I generally dislike dealing with people and eventually realize that the door to their house has been sitting wide popen the entire time. So up the stairs and inside we went. All was quite until I entered the kitchen. I heard a popping sound from the top of the staircase(the bottom eing in the kitchen) and head around the corner to make my way up when I see her grandma bleeding out from her heart at the top.I rush up to her and call gf. Her eyes are rolled to the back of her head and she has no pulse. She died before we arrived. The popping sound starts up again, but this time much louder. Her grandfather, n all fours, slowly crawls his way outside of their bedroom door, swinging his head erratically and I realize the popping is coming from him seriously fucking up his spine by doing this. He sees us and freezes for about three seconds before pulling himself to his feet. He begins to make this low moaning, like nothing a human could produce and it looks as if the bone structure of his face is shifting beneath his skin. The moaning gets louder and he begins shaking his neck even more violently than before as he dashes at gf. She's immediately pinned to the ground and brain kicks into fight mode. I take a small desk and throw it at the back of his head, stunning him long enough for her to get downstairs. He looks at me, his face now completely inhuman. His mouth is made of a black hole taking up about 40% of his skull, with a long tendril-like, what I could only assume used to be a tongue protruding straight out.
>>
>>18811765
I really only say it was his tongue because of the placement on his head. It looked more like it was covered in jagged bone and was made with the express purpose of piercing flesh and draining whatever might lie beneath it. Upon seeing this, I begin crying, having no idea what the fuck was happening. He rushes me and tries to stick his tongue thing into my eye sockets as I struggle to both keep him far enough away that he can't and to pull a broken leg from the desk close enough to me to pick up. Eventually, I succeed and stab him in the throat. He begins screaming in this tone that sounded almost like he was connecting to dial-up internet and tries to escape back into the room. I don't let him. I grab it by the leg and start swinging until he stops moving, still sobbing out of fear. I go into the closet of their room where they keep their guns and take two rifles and all the ammo I can carry. Return to my gf and give her half of the supplies. We're both beyond shaken at this point and decide whatever just happened, it's best if we just go home because dream logic, I guess. So we make our way out and lo and behold, the little old ladies that lived next door are no longer ladies. Fortunately, they don't see us as we made our exit. We decide it'd be best to take the back because there are far fewer houses that way and the few that there are there are have giant fences and gates. Upon exitting, gf notices the sky has changed color and freezes in place, gazing up at it. I think it's jsut the weather for a moment and urge her to move along. She doesn't budge. I look up and see what it is she'fixated on: the sky is a deep green, the most unnatural shade imaginable and there are dozens of enormous cubes floating in place every-fucking-where. One by one, these pillars of light slowly creep down to the res directly beneath and we reckon the one above us isn't about to beam us up to heaven, so we hightail it to the one unaffected place we can see.
>>
File: Real-Estate-Math-Pic.png (690KB, 748x500px) Image search: [Google]
Real-Estate-Math-Pic.png
690KB, 748x500px
Not really nightmares, annoymares perhaps? Usually have them in the morning. I'll have a dream where I have to solve a very intricate problem around other people then I feel embarrassed because I can't solve it then I become aware that I'm dreaming and say, "Fuck this!" then wake up relieved.
>>
Had a few as a child which stopped after some time:

> Chucky, the murder doll
> Chasing me throughout my dream
> Before he gets me always wake up
> Last nightmare starts like this
> Grab hammer and smash his head in
> No nightmares anymore

> Gonzo / Icarus from Muppet show (this blue bird)
> Following me wherever I go
> Last nightmare
> Run into a big ass building
> He catches up tho
> "I only want to be your friend"
> No more nightmares afterwards
>>
>>18811786
The neighbors house. We climb and jump the gate, completely forgetting that those ladies were turned into whatever her grandfather had been. We run to the outdoor entrance to their basement, but barely get half way there before the three of them notice us there. They all emit slight variations on that same deep tone and charge us like something out of 28 Days Later. I fumble with my rifle(zero experience with guns and my subconscious knows it) and manage to get 2 shots off and into the one nearest us, before the other two are close enough to start stabbing with those weird tongue protrusions. One lunges at gf, tackles her and pierces her stomach with the thing. It began shaking it's head and trying to pull out her entrails form the look of it, but gf manages to swing her rifle by the barrel into her head, making a disgustingly loud CRACK followed by what soounded like radio static over the sound of rushing water. The third is circling us, twitching, shaking and drooling violently. Her bones begin shifting all over and I don't give her even a second to become what ever it was she was becoming. I unload into her skull and proceed to shoot the lock off of the basements entrance. I picked up gf, carried her down and clean and bandage her wounds using liquor I'd found and my jacket. She was lucky and the wound wasn't serious, even though earlier I had seen gratuitous amounts of blood and gore spilling out. She blacked out as I held her close to me and woke up momentarily. My current(waking world) gf had slammed the door on her way to work and I quickly fell back asleep. This time I was in the middle of some large urban city, gf now completely healed and by my side. We skulked the dark and glowing green streets in search for this band of survivors I had known about because of dream logic. It really gets less interesting from here on, but we eventually find the group.
>>
>>18811804
They explained to us that what we had witnessed was the second coming of Crist and that Christ was actuallyalso yhwy and this demon monach that decided the best way to acquire human cattle was to condition them into wanting to enter his "heaven"(his demonic realm) and willingly give themselves up to a life of breeding to produce his food. What we saw were a chosen few changed in order to kill off all of those that wouldn't willingly follow him to hell. After explaining this a great rumbling begins. it feels like an earthwuake but no real clue what it was. The steel reinforced door flies upon, it's hinges ripped from the wall and in chares dozens of those things. I try to fight my way out but eventually get held down by two of them as a third slowly and deliberately skulks its way toward me. it runs it's tongue down my now exposed chest and belly and cackles as it pierces directly into my belly button. The pain is enormous and I nearly immediately winced myself awake, this time for good. That one was a real fucking head trip, I tell you waht.

I have tons more of incredibly vivid dreams that felt like they took place over way too much time to be dreams, but very few of them were nightmarish in any way.
>>
>>18811804
Forgot to mention that at about this point there were living people being lifted by the pillars of light, all of them struggling to to stay grounded or wildly flailing in terror of whatever they saw at the top. Took note of this as I lifted gf and brought her to the basement. Minor detail, but it gave me some serious chills and a baaaaaad case of the dontevenwanttoknows.
>>
File: IMG-20170307-WA0009.jpg (38KB, 460x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170307-WA0009.jpg
38KB, 460x399px
Sleeping on what seems to be abunk bed
>I dont have a bunk bed
The doll from Childs Play stabs me and dobermans tear me to pieces
>Wake up at the same bunk bed
>Ok you little shit I cant die
>Attack the doll
>Rip the equivalent of his face off
>Sit next to dobermans and try to kill myself to see if it works
>Slit my wrists
>Wake up in bed again
>Doll is back
We talked it out afterwards and he acted scared.

Wasnt a nightmare in the truest sense, more of a weird revelation
>>
>>18810502
Mr hackerman
>>
>>18811833
2/10 creepy pasta anon
You lost a mark because I realized it was a pasta and stopped caring
>>
>>18811868
wtf are you talking about? This is a dream I had. Only pasta here is what I made to go with my spaghetti, ya goob.
>>
>>18811869
>pasta
>with spaghetti
You wot
>>
File: 1484958688891.png (292KB, 704x546px) Image search: [Google]
1484958688891.png
292KB, 704x546px
it was a very vivid dream, I just have stopped smoking weed 1 or 2 weeks ago

dream that I'm the school rooftop with my friends
one of my friends starts fucking around tickling me and shit

so i accidentally push him.

i try to save him but i fell too because his weight pulled me with him

i fell then i die
it goes black

i wake up in my room

the door is gone

the outside of my window is pitch black
the screen of my monitor is blinking black and white

at this point I thought that I actually died, I didn't think it was a dream because it was all too real.

I thought to myself, is this hell?

and I wake up in real life
then realize it's hell too : ^ )

longest dream I've ever had, felt like hours
>>
File: 1490259439857.jpg (1MB, 2891x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1490259439857.jpg
1MB, 2891x2290px
Not really a nightmare, but relevant: It was a pretty vivid dream, but I'll spare some details.

I'm a spaceman/astronaught explorer, I'm driving my ship in the middle of space making a delivery, I'm talking to someone in another ship.

My ship starts to fuck up, and I lose control, I'm screaming help to the person in the other ship, but I basicly go in warp speed, and fuck off.

I wake up crashed on a moon with a deadly heavy metal filled atmosphere, its windy, and dark as fuck, my space suit is fucked up, and my space suit's HUD is blinking, and bleeping about how I'm breathing dead air, how its damaged, and that it's battery is about to die.

I go and try to find a shelter to escape the death-dust filled wind, I find a cave with a kinda steep slope, but I go in none the less, because I know I'm going to die any way.

For some reason I yell out for another person, then I wounder why I'm doing that, and then I actually find another person.

Hes a guy that also had the same fate as myself, he has a gun, it doesn't have much ammo, but its enough ( for some reason I just knew it was a 22lr pistol ), and offers suicide as our death, instead of dieing a horrible, lead poisioned insanity.

He says I can go first, I thank him, we hug while crying in each other's arms, saying how that we're at least happy to die together.

I get the gun, put it in my mouth, and point it in the correct position to blow my fucking brains out, I pull the trigger, and a huge shocking feeling encompasses me.

I realise I'm not dead yet, fuck, I then hand the gun over back to him, while a never ending amount of blood is coming out my nose, and mouth, I start dancing for no real reason, eccept that I thought that If I'm about to die, at least I'll die dancing.

I'm getting delirious, and falling down while shaking my arms, and legs up and down, in a form of "dance".

It then ends, I assume I died, when I woke up, I just thought "The fuck?".
>>
File: it__s_not_an_owl_by_deidude34.jpg (56KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
it__s_not_an_owl_by_deidude34.jpg
56KB, 900x675px
I remember a dream from when I was very young. It stayed with me more than any dream I've had since. It was a nightmare, but I can't explain why it made me so afraid. It was a white owl, looking down on me from above, atop some kind of vague structure. That is the only detail I remember clearly. Only pitch blackness besides the owl. It was haunting. Just the owl.
I'm not afraid of birds or owls at all.

The dream shook me later in my life when I saw the film "The Fourth Kind", supposedly based on true events where alien abductees recall nearly identical nightmares to the one I had as a child.
I'm getting upset typing this. It's not something I think about often.
>>
File: fry.png (188KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
fry.png
188KB, 603x452px
Bout a year ago..

>be in bed having a nightmare about something random
>wakes up, flicks light on
>sits there for a few seconds still half asleep
>goes to rub my face
>"where are my hands?"
>has no hands
>im still dreaming.jpg
>"Wooahhh"
>wakes up, laying in bed
>nope, immedietly notice something's wrong with the room
>im still dreaming.jpg
>"woahhhh"
>wakes up
>nope, im still dreaming
>"woahhhh"
>wakes up
>"is this fucking real?"
>sits up, looks around for a bit
>mmmm looks real
>starts reaching up for light switch above my head
>......
>there's no light switch above, just bare wall
>im still fucking dreaming.jpg
>"wooooah"
>so, finally wakes up
>jumps out of bed and stands there like a madman
>"woooahh mannnn whaaat the fuck"
>standing in my shorts physically shaking
>decides now is a good time to go to the toilet
>goes along hallway to bathroom
>gets to bathroom, its pretty dark, im slightly spooked
>reaches around corner to switch the light on
>....
>where's the fuckin light switch?
>there is no light switch
>im still fucking dreaming.
>"waaaaaaarghh!!"
>actually wakes up for real this time
>sits on bed slapping myself to check
>goes around house making sure all the light switches were there
>sat there for an hour doing reality checks just to make sure
>still only 50/50 sure
>next day, goes to work, doing reality checks all day at work
>does reality checks for 3 days
>finally decides to accept this as my true reality, even though I'm not totally 100% sure
>>
>>18810021
I know it's weird but I remember when I was young I dreamed that I was dreaming, I know it's weird and complicated there was that white filter in the dream you know what I mean in cartoons when they dream they put that white filter
>>
>>18811277
I had a fever dream, it was scary as fuck and I woke up screaming for help.
I was lying in bed when the floor broke apart beneath me and I began falling. I fell through the floor beneath me, and the floor beneath that, and again and again with the certainty that I would fall straight into hell. Sounds silly now, but it felt so real.
>>
I was on the shitter with arm up my own ass to the elbow and the old lady was standing there wtf'ing. Then I pulled out half my guts through my own ass and held them out for her to look at. Real apocalypto type shit, never ideal
>>
>Be naked, floating in a watery abyss, so deep that it's black in every direction
>Sinking slowly, see a giant seven-headed hydra under me spinning it's heads, patiently waiting to eat me
To this day, I'm still afraid of the deep ocean
>>
>>18810502
This. I got scared of jumpscare videos as a kid, but shortly after a particularly spooky one I started having dreams like that. It got to the point where I would just think to myself in a dream
>Man, it sure would suck if a spooky face screamed at me
Then boom. It happened so often that I eventually just got annoyed rather than scared
>>
>be 4 year olds
>vivid dream of a horse that I saw with my grandmother that day
>walk up to it and give it a few pats on the head
>I turn around then the horse bites my shirt
>manages to rip it off me
>then suddenly the horse swallows me whole
>waked up screaming
>>
>>18810146
I feel like this has to do with Terminator ha, and the fact that he and Arnold kind of look alike
>>
>>18810145
>one of those training masks that choke you if you don't breathe right
Links plz,I need this in my life
>>
>>18812627
I don't have the sauce for the hentai but I do for the masks

https://www.amazon.com/Training-Mask-Elevation-Breathing-Resistance/dp/B008B92FLO
>>
I had a fever dream I cut off each of my fingers with a pair of scissors

>was asleep on couch, irl
>in dream, wake up from sleep
>I sit up on the couch and slowly, methodically cut off each of my fingers
>you know the feel when you are doing something you know you shouldn't do but you push that feeling away and just keep doing it? It felt that way
>no actual pain
>look down at my hand-stubs where my fingers once were and begin to panic
>WHAT HAVE I DONE
>wake up in a cold sweat
>>
>>18810021
Had a dream once that people were being terrorized by a dragon with 8 heads.
Then, a news report came on, projected into the sky, that said that the dragon was a hologram, and pointed out that one of the heads was Pete's Dragon.
A month later, they released that crappy remake.
>>
>>18811948
And you think this thread is coincidence?

It's not.
>>
>>18810021
>like 7
>Remember this nightmare in scarily vivid detail
>I'm obsessed with a nonexistent reality tv show about a cartoon gopher
>practically live in my dark dank basement surrounded w memorabilia and the show is always playing.
>See the couch I usualy sleep on has a blanket over a body
>Walk towards it
>Mom picks me up and cradles me
>Gives me one last motherly stare before placing me into this thing's mouth.
>Kind of like venom, but more actually scary and evil looking
>My pov is at the top of the basement stairs behind the closed door
>siblings talking about how my mom needs to stop killing people
>>
File: 1486812648284.jpg (55KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1486812648284.jpg
55KB, 457x381px
Had a reoccurring nightmare of scientists working on some kind of floating drone thing and one of them starts getting like "scanned" and chunks of the scientists highlighting in squares by it while he yells for the other scientist to shut it down.
There's a "whirring up" sound while it keeps scanning him chunk by chunk and then when it scans all of him his entire body except his skeleton is deleted.

I would've been extremely disturbed about it a long time ago but I've become so jaded to horrible shit that it's just annoying now. Just leave the room faggot the door is open.
>>
File: 1490301418830-b.jpg (405KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490301418830-b.jpg
405KB, 800x800px
I'd have to say with ayy lmaos, It'll start with me being outside and I'll see a ufo, I try to yell but I cant, then it'll go black then I'll wake up those are the worst...
>>
>>18810021
My most memorable nightmare was one where i was being chased by a werewolf. It'd chase me in the middle of the night in my massive backyard and on the street where i live. In my dream i kept managed to always out run it, but it also never stopped chasing me, so i was constantly running, and i'd wake up tired and sore all over.

Also, this is odd, but for some reason, the were wolf that chases me didn't look scary. I visualised it as a poorly 3D animated character, like something out of bootleg pixar movies.
>>
>>18810021
A weird dream where I wound up in some kind of... Place with a bunch of guys in military uniforms. At first they were really freaked out by me because they told me 'I appeared out of thin air'.

We all got to talking and we realized nobody really knew how they got there either. The setting was surreal. It was like a ski resort with snow but the temperature was around 70F. It felt nice. All of it felt nice. I began to formulate a hypothesis that I had died in my sleep. I was dead... And this wasn't bad! One hundred per cent okay with it. And I was okay with it because there was this overwhelming feeling of friendliness and absolute joy shared with the others. All the problems were over and it was like a great rock being lifted. We were home.

But then I woke up. And I was torn away from that place. Time to get showered and trudge off to work same as it ever was. So in a way it was the most terrible dream I ever had. Because I will never know that peace again. :(
>>
>>18810021
I had this one really weird dream/nightmare that came out of nowhere.

Like, it was normal for the most part. I was walking up the street to my childhood home, and when I touched the doorhandle-BAM!

It was like I'd suddenly tapped in to God's point of view on the universe. Everything happening at once. I saw God as a thousand thousand faces nested within themselves, and God's voice shook me like thunder. Time lost all meaning, there wasn't really a me there, just all this noise and visual. Everything was happening at the same exact moment, all of time was that one moment. I woke up with a start, for the first (and to date, last) time. For the rest of the day, I couldn't shake how real the start of the dream had felt, or how rapidly it had changed into something near-revelatory. I honestly thought I might still be dreaming for most of the rest of the day. It was bizarre how I suddenly launched into a headspace that I've only approached on psychedelics.

Anyone got any idea what happened? Did I have a seizure or some shit?
>>
>>18811944
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Did you have surgery as a baby? Like, within the first year of your life.

I've got a theory that alien abduction dreams might be something like that, babies eyes exaggerating features into jumbled repressed memories.
>>
Once I was walking on a road surrounded by maple trees and got run over by a car.

When I was in heaven there was only a TV and God said if you watch anything that has any violence you'll be sent to hell, the controls were bad so I accidentally saw a gore scene and ended up in hell which was a shitty night club. If I prayed hard enough I would end up back on earth, so I prayed and ended up in that maple road.

Then I got run over again.
>>
>>18815118
>heaven
>shitty controls
>only things there is a representation of reality
something seems off
>>
File: 1490179454407.jpg (26KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
1490179454407.jpg
26KB, 300x419px
>>18815133
kek
>>
almost every night i have dreams about people and things dying in my arms.

its always things that i've loved. either in real life or just in the dream.
>>
>>18810021
A strange kind of dream where emotions are intensified, feeling pure happiness like that I can't recall ever feeling in real life.
>
>I thought to myself;
>
>>"What is this? Is this a nightmare?"

I don't really mind nightmares.

What troubles me are dreams where absolutely everything is perfect.

People who are no longer there in my life who I cared about including those who have died are here and present again. (Such as one where my family is celebrating. together. My dead Grandma and Aunt are there. My Uncle who got hit by a car and was left with a brain injury that made him the equivalent of a baby has made a full recovery. We are all just smiling and talking, eating good food.) Others who have hurt me and I left return to apologize and we salvage our relationship. I never made the mistakes I have, no regrets. I am successful. I am happy having a good time with good people who I love and love me back.

And then I wake up and realize that was all a dream and return to the nightmare we call reality.
>>
>>18815320
It's only a nightmare because you're attached.

Imagine them as a cool breeze blowing over you. If you try to catch the breeze, you'll be running against it, just feeling cold and uncomfortable. If you stand still and let it blow over you, it gets you to a nice, chilled temperature. Memories and dreams like this are the same. Detachment isn't rejection of these thoughts or ignorance, but simply acceptance of them as they are, without expectation or clinging.
>>
I was a serial killer whose victims were families. Always disturbed me.
>>
>>18810021
Had a recent dream
>Seeing this demonic possession take place like in a movie
>The demon takes the body of a person
>Comes to my house
>Tries to spook me
>I end up fighting him
>Chase him down my street which is unusually busy
>Gouge his eyes out in front of everyone
>Now I think of it this was bloodless
>Walk home
>Someone stole my car
I've had a few terrifying ones far worse but cbf typing it out right now
>>
>>18815102
No surgery, but I was kept in the hospital for 10 days after birth because I was sick. They could tell immediately there was something wrong with me because I wasn't crying. I'm not sure that's relates though, I'm pretty sure I was at least 5 when the dream happened.
>>
>>18810021
That I was Leatherface and the police were on to me. The problem was in this universe, there was no trials. Break the law bad enough and they just kill you.

So... Being Leatherface made this even worse since there were a lot of (rightfully?) pissed off people hunting me along with the police. So I was trying to adapt and outwit the angry mobs. Finding places to hide out. Moving around and of course ditching the fucking mask.
>>
>>18811240
BEST
>>
Sometimes I see beautiful hyper realistic dreams with everyday situatioms that I accept as a reality. They also feel like lasting for days.
They creep me out. It started from the pills and back then they where more crazy. I was seeing whole movies and kinda choosing what main character should do.
I have a decent imagination
>>
I had a dream a month acter finishing my hsc. The dream involved me waking up and being told by my parents that i had a one more hsc exam to do on that day. I start panicing, because i forgot to study, so i spend as much time as i can cramming and studying before the exam. The worst part about the dream is that i actually revised and went over some of my old notes in my sleep. Then when the exam came i was still in panic mode because i didn't know how to answer any questions. Again, in my dream, i end up sitting the entire exam and trying to answer every question, or atleast it felt like i answered every question. Once the exams over i'm still panicing because i'm certain i failed, and im positive that i just through away all my hardwork by forgetting to study for 1 last exam. Then, after a minute or two of feelng like shit, i wake up. I'm red faced, sweating and shaking. I rush to school bag and start packing my books for the day. I actually think i have an exam on. Then brother wakes up and looks at me and asks me what i'm doing. It takes me a while to come to the relisation that i finished hs a month ago. I double check the date on the calender, feel relieved but i 'm still shaking.
>>
In one I was wandering around a dark and terrifying version of my house, but I no longer remember what was scary in the house. I don't remember wanting to flee from all the objects and the outside trashcan having teeth. The big thing I remember though is once I get off our deck and into the yard I'm dragged down into the dirt by hundreds of disembodied arms.

In another I am in my home at night, I can remember that the lighting was very strange, like it was lit up by candles and had a reddish tint. I go to open the door and let my parents in, but from behind my mother asks me why I'm opening the door. I open the door and it's my mom and dad, and I say something to them about how strange this is, then I wake up. I remember less about this dream and more that for a long time afterwards I was worried that while I slept in the car my parents would be replaced. I don't remember anything sinister happening in the dream, but I remember feeling very scared after opening the door.

cont
>>
>>18815536

The last time I had a nightmare was the day of my parents Halloween party. I'm tired so I'm napping in my room. I'm having problems sleeping and at some point I fall asleep without realizing it. I'm walking through a very dark place with grid-like hallways. The walls have no top and are filled with an endless number of indentations like shelves. I can remember a blue glow to the place, like blue was the ambient color. I wander into a central chamber, I cannot see the roof. There's some gnome or leprechaun like creature taunting me. I have a knife, and I approach the figure. The indents in the walls surrounding the chamber are all filled with the creatures, and the closer to the figure I become the more my head hurts. It's like the sound of pressure waves that just keep intensifying in my head. It's the sound I hear when it's deadly silent or I get sleep paralysis, I used to feel an incredible sense of dread when hearing this noise. I reach the creature, and the sound is at it's worst. It feels like my head might explode and without realizing it I've stabbed the creature. When it crumples to the ground I can't hear the noise anymore and the room is empty. I wake up to my mom asking for my help. Not only have I not had a nightmare after this, but I've never been afraid of the noise. I've had sleep paralysis a lot more since then, but it doesn't bother me like it did.
>>
>>18811238
i'm sorry you didn't like my dream anon
i didn't either, and i looked up what the other anon suggested, turns out it is possible to dream pain.
>>
Maybe not a nightmare, but have a dream many times a year since my 20s that im in a big school, no students around. Always make my way the most beautiful library. But in the end i am lost searching for my vehicle, but can never find it.
>>
Got a recurring one about being followed by some huge evil shape shifting thingy. I keep having to feed him people I love to prevent him eating me. This is one of the only dream I remember when awake and the level of detail is amazing.
>>
I had a real weird one a few weeks ago.
>I was a realtor
>I was selling a town home to xenomorphs from aliens
>they started passive aggressively arguing
>So I got up and walk out of my office
>the outside of my office is in a cave
>see a naked black chick
>I started to eat her out
>then more women kept appearing
>and I had to eat them all out to escape the cave
>felt like I was in there for days
>>
File: __no_skinny_chicks___by_mrbeam.jpg (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
__no_skinny_chicks___by_mrbeam.jpg
59KB, 1024x768px
>>18810679
I used to do that to bugs that were in the sink. Maybe That?
>>
File: il_340x270.1206653937_5wxg.jpg (16KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1206653937_5wxg.jpg
16KB, 340x270px
I've had this one at least 3 times and once with a variation twist on it.

>Be me at 5 or so years old, maybe younger.
>Grandparents owned a massive house
>odd decorations on the wall
>one was a white pair of hands sticking out from a block of wood on a wall, real sized hands.
>think nothing of it

>Dream starts out, im looking for my dad or mom
>im at a building or workplace
>the walls are white, there is desks lined up in a row
>I open the large desk
>inside a drawer is the hands
>They grab me
>I feel the fingers begin tickling my stomach
>I cant get them off
>They keep doing it
>im incapacitated
>Im screaming for help
>Nobody is in the building
>Im going to be stuck here forever
>I wake up, stomach in pain

It doesn't seem that spooky, but damn I was terrified and still am of tickling. That feeling of being unable to do anything to stop it is horrifying. Its painful to think about actually.

Another rendition of this dream was someone putting me in the back of a covered truck bed for a trip somewhere, but I was locked in there with the hands and nobody would let me out. "Its a surprise~" she said to me when she locked me in there.

I actually had the original nightmare a few months ago. The pain was still there, but the fear was lessened with age.

Pic related actually looks quite like the original I saw. I remember them being more spread out, as if they were on a plaque of wood and not joined at the wrist. Could be wrong though.
>>
To this day the only dream I remember from my childhood was when I dreamed about aliens abducting me from the apartment building I lived in. I remember I was sleeping with my dad that night. He woke me right towards the end of the dream because I had sweat so much I had soaked the bed. I was about 5-6 and even though I never dreamed it again I still remember almost every detail, despite having an awful memory
>>
Only nightmare I had in my life is of a tall woman in a white dress and long black hair scaring the shit out of me which is unusual considering I don't get scared easily
And other weird ones such as cats laying eggs full of kittens, being chased in a wallmart( I'm not even american) by someone with a machine gun,being chased by a T-rex, monsters with melting flesh walking around me and being told by a blond woman in a mansion that I'm gonna end up there when I die ( possibly limbo or purgatory )
>I dream once in a blue moon and its always weird shit
>>
File: 1489959551310.jpg (41KB, 400x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489959551310.jpg
41KB, 400x522px
Nightmare I had like, five years ago, my last one
I don't remember it well but I'll explain the best I can
>woman, cleanly shaved (everywhere) covered head to toe in mud
>crying on the floor, balled up and occasionally writhing, but leaving no mark on the marble floor
>place I was in looked like a hotel, elevators and shit, but other than that, mostly empty
>some green niggas come out of it don't know where and start raping the woman on the floor
The green niggas, if i remember right were dressed like ninja turtles or some shit
I was very sick at the time, that might just explain how fucking wierd it was
>>
Sometimes, when I became concious about being in a dream, I would be transported to a void between reality and dream. It was pitch black, yet I could distinguish a black vortex which I would be falling into.
Then, A voice would tell me: "You shouldnt be here".
After that I would awake in another dream, where I would be in a dark room where I was tortured.
It always felt real.
>>
Recurring dream I had when I was younger, like 5/6

>Wake up
>Get out of bed
>Walk into our study room
>Little Witch/Werewolf doll inside a bubble
>Would talk to them about death and stuff
>Terrified but still talking to them while they're laughing and mocking me
>Wake up abruptly after asking a question without getting answered

Happened on at least three occasions I can remember, probably happened more than that seen as I remember it happening pretty frequently
>>
I had a post apocalyptic nightmare, i was in Holland woking up on the street, everything around me is ruined, i had a gas mask and a hazmat suit on, i somehow remember the news that a nuclear attack happened, and a terrorist threat is still on the rise on France and England, i heard gunshots on the street, and i run for cover, i only have with me a .22 rifle with 5 bullets only, everything happened with North Korea sending out nukes to Europe to destroy the market, and helping out the terrorist cells on Europe, i saw these men shooting a woman on the street, just to loot her food, and her water, i saw her crawling screaming for help, and i cannot do anything for her, they loot her stuffs and they leave, i go near the woman as soon as they left, and i help her to heal her wounds and give her some water and food that i have on my military backpack, she only has a gas mask on to avoid the polluted radiated air, i help her i take her to a ruined shelter before the acid rain start to fall, the emergency broadcast says that Muslim threat rises on other countries from South America, and Canada, giving a full extent of casualties due bombardings and shootings, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Italy and Spain were decimated by terror attacks in a row and those are expanding into more countries of Europe, as soon the broadcast abruptly ended i heard more shootings, and i help the woman to stay quiet, and i told her to be still, i stayed awake to do the warding, she was feeling a lot better, and we started to walk to France to have some shelter from the bombardment, we walk from Eindhoven to Lieja and from there to Reims, i had to carry her to Lieja because she felt dizzy, as soon we get to Lieja i heard the emergency broadcast, that a insurgency happened in New York, and a lot of casualties happened from the insurgency side, and now EEUU will retake the mission on Korea and a invasion helped with Russia to the arabic states, and the muslims on every part of the world,then i awake.
>>
When I was 5, I would have surreal reccurring dreams that started out normally but then they would be suddenly invaded without warning by a tall dark figure with a dog's/wolf's head. It would just follow me around and silently stare down at me with pure white eyes. It would sometimes run at me on all fours and pounce on me, wrapping me in a warm embrace. The dream would abruptly end at that point.
Sometimes I still see it.
>>
I used to be able to recall at least one dream every other night... but this past year and a half has been fucking stressful.

Lately I haven't been able to recall much, all I can remember is almost every night I have a dream that feels somewhat like a nightmare of me in an airport or hotel running away from a group or entity.

I don't know what it could mean.
>>
>>18810021
i was in a park with my friend, then jack reacher was beating the shit out of me with a school desk, finally maggots swarmed out of a discarded carryout order and started hopping all around me. the entire field was covered with them.
>>
>>18810021
Last Wednesday dream involved a sort of thing, a presence living in the walls, got too close to it and it grabbed me, felt like it was draining the life out of me, it felt horrible, just like a darkness, it felt like everything went out of 'tune' as it were, colours faded, sound muffled out, I could hear myself cry out but it was like the volume was lowered or coming out of a damaged speaker. Not to mention I could see my family watching me as it happened and saw the looks of horror on their faces. Which in my opinion was much more terrifying than being attacked by some shadowy, ill defined spirit or entity.
>>
My nightmare began when I woke up
>>
I had this nightmare for 3 years in a row right now, randomly.The nightmare consists of me going in an unknown bathroom and looking in the mirror, after a while an demon like entity appears and i remember only saying the begging of a prayer, then i wake up having an feel of unevitable doom
>>
>>18810021
I've had one a couple of days ago that's been on my mind since then. I'm going to try and recall it the best way I can. The dream was more or less divided into several floors of a particular building

Floor No.1
>I am in a large structure that resembles my old school, the bank at my city and a shopping mall
>on the couch next to a bunch of people, waiting to be called to a supposed meeting
>everything is peaceful apart from some menacing security guards
>everything is almost too pristine and normal
>go to the elevator
>the elevator only shows 4 floors
>4, 2, 1 and -2
>there were more floors but I couldn't view them
>floor 1 is where I currently am
>go to floor 2

Floor No.2
>memory shifts to a vision of myself inside a jail cell
>it almost feels like I'm alone, everything is too quiet
>apparently this is where the people who come are locked up as slaves
>somehow I manage to get away, almost too easily
>figure that the floor -2 is the garage or something, try and use it as my only way out
>once the elevator opens there's a big ass door instead that opens up for me
>they were waiting for me

Floors Minus.2
>get strapped to a table by something and receive unimaginable tortures
>I can't even really remember what happened but it was something akin to a mind rape
>there were others in the same position
>by this point the dream had went on for so long I could only perceive it as real
>it was like a nightmare within a nightmare
>somehow, I manage to escape
>decide to try and go to the 4th floor
>>
File: e xz it.jpg (64KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
e xz it.jpg
64KB, 900x675px
>>18820561
(Cont)

Floor No.4
>suddenly I'm inside an empty living room with 3 other guys
>something starts chasing us
>we start to run through dark corridors and doors and go up staircases that just seem to last forever
>as we go up the colors of the corridors change and the textures on the walls change, as if it was being viewed through different camera lenses
>the things chasing us never seem to catch us, they are never visible
>we come to a point were we even start laughing about our situation
>we even sort of become friends despite a horrible situation
>we reach a final door and open it
>we are back to the exact same room we were in the beginning
>and those things are still chasing us
>we decide to try and tear open a hole in the walls to hide inside them and let whatever is chasing us run past
>one of the guys had an axe with him so we used that
>we hide inside the walls and wait for the things to pass us by
>it doesn't work and suddenly the walls start breaking down
>I still can't get a good look at the things breaking down the walls but they are at least humanoid
>I run away with one guy who's apparently been here for much longer than I have
>we get in the elevator and he presses to go down to Floor -2
>before he can step through the door I hold him and yell at him to not step through the door
>we decide to try and go back to floor 1
>>
>>18820605
>I'm back at floor 1 and the guy that was with me is nowhere to be found
>apparently there were other prisoners from floor 2 here as well, they were being visited by their parents (the prisoners were all either kids or adolescents, or young adults)
>the families were completely oblivious as to what was happening to their children, they just acted like they were dropping kids at a daycare
>most prisoners did not dare to try and speak up about their situation
>the guards were watching too closely
>my family did not come to visit me so I was just trying to hatch an escape plan
>I meet one of the new prisoners, he's a boy from my classroom back in the 9th grade
>he wasn't even a friend he was just one of the nicer kids in class
>I didn't even remember him at all
>he is completely oblivious (as the rest of the prisoners) as to what this place really is
>I try to quietly tell him to get away and inform him of the situation
>but the guards are rushing the kids in and I don't get much of a chance to speak
>I watch as he goes back to the line

And then I woke up.
This was a long, long dream, the kind that makes you forget for a few seconds that you what saw was a dream. I'm usually pretty good at understanding what my nightmares mean but I have no idea as to why this one happened.
I wish I could understand it.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.