[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synchronicity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 54.jpg (48KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
48KB, 620x300px
Why does it exist? I stumble across this phenomenon quite often

>Weezer - Buddy Holly starts playing on my ipod
>at that very moment a chick with the nickname Buddyholly(whom I don't know) messages me on IG

>my watch says it's 1:12pm
>the desk clerk gives me the key to room 112 at that very moment

>my phone falls from the end table
>consecutively the stationary phone starts ringing

>lost my credit card
>made a new one
>as I put the new card in my wallet while I'm still in the bank my sister calls me that she found my lost credit card

Why is reality so weird?
>>
It's called statistics. Just something our brains notice. The other day my friend was telling me a story of how he put on the wrong shoe, and as soon as he said the word shoe I tripped.

C.G. Jung had a lot to say about this. Not really read up on that myself though.
>>
>>18808322
You really think of the countless experiences you've had your life, some coincidences aren't bound to happen? Are you sure you haven't been brainwashed to look for these "synchronicities" based on cognitive bias?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 634x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 634x449px
>>18808329
>>18808327
Go back to sleep.
>>
>>18808322
Humans are great at pattern recognition, sometimes too good, which is when you end up full blown schizophrenic

Also, concidences about numbers always seem silly to me. There are only 10 numbers, its easy to notice combinations and such

Read up on probability
>>
>>18808358
>>18808327
Yeah alright my brain is good at connecting the dots.

However, to me it feels like one event triggers the other.

I feel like if I a pigeon crashes in my window right now, it'll cause something else to occur someplace else.
>>
>>18808373
Read up on causality too, dummy
>>
I have some really weird experiences with synchronicities. Will type some out later if I remember enough details about them.
>>
>>18808322
I feel tou anon, we notice them all the time. Sometimes its so full on.

I could go on forever about it, all I'm going to say is, you're not alone and yes reality is fucking weird.

Don't try to understand it but you will go crazy, just have to laugh sometimes
>>
>>18808322
Like literally right now!!!.

We turned on the new dave Chappell show thing on Netflix and he starts joking about what we just were.

Fuck me
>>
File: 90quake.jpg (568KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
90quake.jpg
568KB, 1440x900px
>>18808322
>>18808327
>>18808358

>Why does it exist? I stumble across this phenomenon quite often
>>Weezer - Buddy Holly starts playing on my ipod
>>at that very moment a chick with the nickname Buddyholly(whom I don't know) messages me on IG
>>my watch says it's 1:12pm
>>the desk clerk gives me the key to room 112 at that very moment
>>my phone falls from the end table
>>consecutively the stationary phone starts ringing
>>lost my credit card
>>made a new one
>>as I put the new card in my wallet while I'm still in the bank my sister calls me that she found my lost credit card

Depends on who you are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
>>
>Weezer - Buddy Holly starts playing on my ipod
>at that very moment a chick with the nickname Buddyholly(whom I don't know) messages me on IG
This is a pure coincidence. I've had dozens of these.

>my watch says it's 1:12pm
>the desk clerk gives me the key to room 112 at that very moment
If the watch had said 7:58am, you wouldn't have remembered it. Again, coincidence

>my phone falls from the end table
>consecutively the stationary phone starts ringing
Coincidence.

>lost my credit card
>made a new one
>as I put the new card in my wallet while I'm still in the bank my sister calls me that she found my lost credit card
Didn't look hard enough. Eventually, your card would've been found. Might've been the following week, month, whatever. The card was always there waiting to be found. Again, coincidence.

>experiences 4 coincidences in 20 years
>must be synchronicity n sheit

Heres one that happened to me:
>be at Earlsfield trainstation in London
>goes outside to smoke a cigarette
>rolls a cigarette, puts tobacco tin and lighter on railing
>train comes, runs away leaving tin and lighter behind on railing
>had both tin and lighter for years, gutted
>2 weeks later....
>at a different train station in East London
>goes outside for cigarette, can't find lighter
>there's a Station Cleaner guy outside smoking, asks him for light
>he pulls out lighter
>it's MY lighter
>"Hey, is that my lighter"
>Cleaner pulls out my tobacco tin
>"Is this yours too? I found them 2 weeks ago sitting on a railing down Earlsfield"
>mindblown
>>
File: tarot2.png (981KB, 1600x512px) Image search: [Google]
tarot2.png
981KB, 1600x512px
>>18808427
>Heres one that happened to me:
>>be at Earlsfield trainstation in London
>>goes outside to smoke a cigarette
>>rolls a cigarette, puts tobacco tin and lighter on railing
>>train comes, runs away leaving tin and lighter behind on railing
>>had both tin and lighter for years, gutted
>>2 weeks later....
>>at a different train station in East London
>>goes outside for cigarette, can't find lighter
>>there's a Station Cleaner guy outside smoking, asks him for light
>>he pulls out lighter
>>it's MY lighter
>>"Hey, is that my lighter"
>>Cleaner pulls out my tobacco tin
>>"Is this yours too? I found them 2 weeks ago sitting on a railing down Earlsfield"
>>mindblown

It's all coincidence until you realize it's not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5b7tgkdFH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
>>
>>18808427
Are you aware that I'm aware that those are coincidences? The notion of synchronicity is coincidences with no correlation entangling one another in a coincidental manner.

I have stories that'll send your brain to overdrive but they're too long.
>>
>>18808327
>>18808329
>>18808358

>n-nothing at all strange about thtis world!! learn to math haha!! logic ftw!
>>
>>18808322

>See this thread
>Think about that time a few weeks ago where everytime I saw a numberplate ending in 77, I would, within 30 seconds, see another car with a numberplate ending in 77
>This shit happened like 9 times in a single week, my rational brain each time being like dude, I got nothing, until the 10th time, when there was no second car, then rational mind was all phew
>Forget about posting anything, decide to go to shops
>Go out to car in carpark, car in front of me has plates ending in 77
>Pull out onto the road, stop at the intersection, taxi in front of me has, you guessed it, plates ending in 77

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Even if it's just 'coincidence', it's so improbable it's almost too spoopy.
>>
Idk about synchronicity, but a pretty weird coincidence.

>Interview for a job
>They say they'd like to hire me, they'll call within the next 2 weeks
>it's been like 4 weeks, no call, decide to search a job website
>literally as I hit enter to take me to the website, before the page even loads, get a phonemail
>It's the job calling to hire me

was kinda weird.
>>
I know someone who's basically finding those everywhere even when there's no apparent connection, he just makes them out of the blue, I'm suspecting he's developing some sort of schizophrenia because he's been coming up with more retarded some before I lost contact with him.
>>
>>18808322
Synchroncity can cluster at times. I'll have a full year with maybe 1, 2 synchronicities, and a single summer with 14. I believe there is a reason though it probably isn't spooky or grandiose. but i would like to know said reason. I think it has to do with our nature as a macro-organism.
>>
>>18808809
Things become more and more 'synchronistic' the more you identify with this macro-organism instead of your personal shell.
>>
>no matches on tinder for 3 months even tho i swipe max each day
>one night totally drunk
>kiss a girl in the street
>go to a bar
>kiss another girl
>go back at home start swiping drunk
>12 matches in a row
>discuss with each grill, i'm at my maximum modjo
>3 of them say that they are down to fuck
>meet my next girlfriend
>dated her for 3 month
>at the end she did not messaged me, i waited 2 week for a response to an invite to discuss
>go to a bar, i talk to grill and say to her that i'm not with my gf anymore
>kiss her
>kiss her friend
>i bring one at my appartement even thought i could have bring the both
>start fucking
>ex gf send an apology message at this exact moment

>mfw nf
>>
>>18808322
Clues from guides/your higher self? If you believe in this kind of stuff..I guess it doesn't hurt to try and contemplate what hidden meaning those things may have, even if they may not.
>>
>>18808358
theres like a dozen numbers ATLEAST ask any scientist how else would we pay for anything over 10 dollars
>>
>>18808322
It's the power of the human consciousness. To call it coincidence would be accurate, but you can harness synchronicity to create motivation and will. It's coincidence, but don't write that off as something trivial. It's only trivial to most people because they don't know how to use it.
>>
>>18809001
fucking this, that's where I find so mjch of my motivation. Have you read the alchemist?
>>
>>18809001
>>18809026
>harness synchronicity to create motivation and will.

how? pls elaborate
>>
>>18808322
It should be a norm. It is what the perfect man lost. Being in tune. Synchronized.
>>
>>18808322
You are caught in a conceptual warp, it's like a time warp but instead of time all similar data repeats and the future is set in stone. The only way to stop it is to kill yourself.
>>
>>18809055
Simply put, coincidences are God's way of steering you in the right direction
>>
>>18808434
What are you on about??
>>
>>18808440
Well don't keep us in suspense, you fucking fag! Tell us! Tell us!!
>Tell us!!!
>>
>>18808615
G-Man is tailing you, they just want to recognize each other.
>>
>>18808322
I'll give you a recent one
>Be in Florida 3 weeks ago
>In car with family
>notice crescent moon is more on the bottom than in Michigan
>start talking about phases of the moon and shit with family
>Say "wax on, wane off" quoting Miyagi
>Get from airport to familys house we are staying at
>karate kid playing on tv
>mfw
>>
>>18809106
This is indeed true.
>>
>be 15, at school
>be getting chased by a teacher through the school for smoking in toilets
>teacher hadn't seen my face, decides to exit school, jumping a 10ft wire fence
>jumps fence, catching my gold name-engraved bracelet on spikes at the top
>snap...
>lands on feet outside of school, bracelet lands on other side
>holes in fence are tiny, no way to get it
>teacher's almost on me, fuckit, runs way and leaves it laying there in the dirt
>2 years later..........
>at home in bedroom fucking around with computers
>needs a part for something, starts looking in drawers and pulling junk out
>notices something gold at the back of the drawer
>finds my bracelet, unbroken
>exact same bracelet, dents, scratches, everything exactly the same
>id also lightly scratched my gfs initials on the back, also there

I cannot explain how it got there. The last time I'd seen it it was on the ground, broken, on the other side of that fence.

I lost it again a few years later, bummer.
>>
ripples in space-time affect perceptive beings in different ways. some are shallow, some are deep into it. the deep ones may notice things others may not. you're often communicated with through this gap in perception. pay close attention to where your mind wanders.

don't put too much meaning into random numbers... but natural numbers are where all the meaning is.
>>
I see 11:11 at my clock often. I try to think of something meaningful that could be happening or something relevant that could be in my head at the moment.... but I find nothing. Perhaps the 1's are just the universe telling me I'm lonely
>>
>>18809106
and steering you away from the wrong direction. how many times have we felt that today is not the day to go out and party with friends. you don't feel well, bad luck shit keeps happening as you plan on going anyway, the wind is blowing hard against you telling you not to go, you misplace your wallet, keys, etc. you struggle to get your shit together, go out anyway and something really shitty happens that night and the warning signs were there, man. they were everywhere and you didn't obey them. it's as if the forces of nature itself were trying to stop you that day.
>>
>>18808941

Are you retarded? Legitimately? Or 12?
There are 10 numbers.
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
>>
I'm tired of believing in things
>>
>be me
>feeling like a million bucks in the gas station
>buying cigarettes, alcohol, and a scratch off
>leave the gas station and pull up to a red light
>car in front of me has license plate ending in "666"
>>
>>18811486
Do you mean digits?
>>
>>18811546
did you win the scratch off?
>>
>>18808941
>>18811486

>trolls trolling trolls
>yet Babylon rears its head again

>dozen numbers
>what are you twelve?

Ten
Eleven
Twleve
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
ETC

12 is special. 12 hours. 12 houses. 12 apostles.
>>
>>18811560
12 tribes of israel
>>
>>18808440
still waiting
>>
>>18809106

I'm a PhD student in psych and I've discovered this myself. I was a full blown atheist but always knew of Jung's crazy ideas. So I picked up his magnum opus, read it and I realized what these "weird" coincidences were during my life that I just brushed off as nonsense.

I'm currently trying to explain the mechanics of synchronicity through the simulation argument and making a strong reference to the double choice quantum eraser experiment. Basically, our true selves are not in this reality but they communicate to our bodies through the personal unconscious which then brings things into the conscious. I don't want to put everything on here as it would be rather dangerous I suppose. I never visit /x/ but perhaps someone could identify me at my university so I'm just going to say that you can ask me anything you want about synchronicity and I'll answer it. I've read all of Jung and Steiner and I believe through some tests I've done that I can "feel" possible synchronicities and potentially tap into them. This has the power to literally change reality relative to the person instigating the change. I have a lot of stories as well, but they're far too long to put down here, so I'll just leave it to anyone who'd like a more technical and Jungian inspired explanation of the phenomena.

tl;dr Reality is psychophysical. Learn about the schizoid archetype and understand how to harness its will.
>>
>>18808322
Nonlinear differential equations in financial modeling cause unreasonable symmetry in the systems and users they inform.

The master algorithm allows us to observe any event as part of a poisson process.

In simple English, the system is correlated because that makes computation easier to control. We observe that as excess coincidence because we lack knowledge of the calculation.
>>
must be nice to experience something, anything remotely mystical.
I never even had any coincidences.
lucky bastards.
>>
>>18811603
Do you think that thought is inherently "vocal"? Rather do you think thought is more than just our own personal inner monolog?

Also what are your thoughts on the nature of the "true self communicating through the personal unconscious" as you put it?
>>
>>18809244
hey man

ur teacher gave it to your parents

your parents put in your room because they thought ur dumbass would notice and realize they knew
>>
It exists because the universe actually does care about you.
>>
>>18809055
Dubs = coincidences = god = kek
>>
>>18811788
Wtf I love the universe now
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.