[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tulpas: What the fuck are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: tulpa-sign-or-some-shit.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tulpa-sign-or-some-shit.png
14KB, 300x300px
Could someone give me an actual rundown on what a tulpa is? The subreddit is useless because they all talk like a bunch of crazy people, and all the other places I've looked have no real consensus on them.

Are they some sort of being you can physically see, or just some sort of mental thing? Why is everybody on here seemingly so against them? They seem kinda interesting but the way they get talked about makes them sound like magic or some shit.
>>
Tulpas are glorified imaginary friends for adults.

With enough mental practice, you can halfway make yourself believe that this creature you invented has its own shape, presence, and dialogue.

It honestly reminds me of the "muses" writefags talk about. Made-up characters that can carry on pretend conversations with you and shit like that.

I mean, the brain is an amazing thing, and self-induced hallucinations are very real, but tulpas don't actually exist outside of your own head, of course.
>>
>>18807081
From my limited understanding: Ancient yogi technique used to explore and expand the mind, before collapsing the tulpa to assist in self enlightenment and reaching nirvana. It's a good way to understand the self before assimilating, though it can carry some dangers.

What it has been horrifically transformed into: A bunch of lonely people who want to not be alone, so they cut their mind into pieces and end up hallucinating terrible things when it gets out of control. Audio, apparently sometimes visual, and definitely mind visuals manifest. It is effectively another personality, and given enough attention it will try to hijack the ego rather than piggyback on it. This leads to some bad shit, mmkay.

Some people who know what the fuck they're doing can do some fun stuff. Tulpas can be a tool to improve memory dramatically, or enhance certain skills in the psyche. They can help someone develop parts of their personality they struggle with, ie. concentration or motivation. This is still against the 'tradition' of using the tulpa to squash the personality or ego, and who knows what extended experiments can do?

tl;dr: literally inducing split personality disorder, interpreted by some as 'muh demons, muh angels, muh spiritual guide, muh mindgirlfriend'
>>
>>18807104
>>18807119
is this an actual thing that exists essentially independent of yourself, though? like, I have conversations with myself all the time, but at the end of the day I'm still just talking to myself. do these people actually form another person in their head, or do they just convince themselves of that?
>>
corporeal autism
>>
>>18807154
That depends on the level of self delusion they are at.At the peak is (controlled)split personality disorder I have achived this myself then immediately stopped it cause a voice in my head i cant control is not for me
>>
>>18807081
Stands
>>
>>18807154
nothing exists independent of your Self
>>
It's weaponized autism. But not even the good kind. It's more like a gun that just has barrel that's curved at such a stupid angle that the user ends up shooting themselves in the chin even though they're aiming it straight away from them.
>>
>>18807119

Is Tyler Durden a Tulpa?
>>
>>18807154
It may not be physically possible to create a distinct self that exists separately from you, but you should be able to approximate and simulate the thoughts and behaviors of other entities to an exacting degree. The human mind possesses an innate grasp of thought theory because most people have come to depend on other people and by extent on their own social skills in order to survive. For example, we can find it difficult to imagine a known entity to act 'out of character' so in a sense we cannot quite control them even in fantasy.

This is especially true of individuals with schizoid personality traits or actual schizophrenia - their other-mind models are so well-developed that any imaginary entities seem to develop a life of their own. That doesn't make them any more real but it's still not quite the same thing as talking to oneself.
>>
>>18807154
There are people who believe the mind can access energy outside of your own body or consciousness, and that a tulpa can assist in doing this. Take that as you will. There is no measurable proof of this, and all evidence I have seen says the tulpa can only know what you know. It is not another existing thing, it is an extension of the self. Take a circle as the mind - now cut a small slice through it like a piece of pie. This is the mind with a tulpa. You could call it another 'person' but the word you're looking for is 'ego' or 'personality'. I don't know how to explain how tulpas form memories, I don't fuck with that life.

>at the end of the day I'm still just talking to myself

For the mind to be able to split and create a tulpa (I don't see why any individual would not be capable, barring mental disability), it has to all ready have a 'tulpa'. Your ego is your tulpa. You talking to yourself is your senses and desires communicating to the ego you developed as a child, the one you call your name. Difference between you and a tulpa is that you only have 'you'. That's the real /x/ knowledge for you, as well as the knowledge that any basis of nirvana or self realization is founded upon. Have fun questioning not just the sanity of tulpamancers, but your own.
>>
>>18807953
You are Tyler Durden.
>>
Jesus Christ.
Bet.
Tulpas are products of willpower
Jesus Christ is the collection of all of natures Will.
That is a Tulpa.
Your will is not your own, it never was, but it always will be you.
You cannot create a Tulpa unless the God Emperor of Mankind Wills it.
Will is of the Mind, which is seperate from the Brain.
Will is Metaphysical.
A Tulpa would be made of nothing but Plasma.
Which is the fourth element by the way.
Plasma.
>Air and Fire are the same fucking thing.
>>
>>18807081
A self induced hallucination. Basically imagining shit on purpose.
>>
>>18807903
Stands that can't ORA ORA ORA anyone.
>>
>>18808544
>fire can't burn without air
Christ, Christards are such tards.
>>
>>18807953
You are Tyler Durden.
>>
>>18808407
It seems odd to refer to the "me" in my head as a tulpa. It's not some other entity I communicate with, it's literally just me saying things but in my head. The "me" of my thoughts isn't a sentient being independent from the "me" when I talk out loud, they're both the same thing.

This does create the interesting idea of: what if "tulpamancers" (what a dumb name) are just thinking to themselves. but are deluded to the point that they consider those thoughts to be another person. I can have conversations in my head and create a different voice than my own for one side, but it's still just me talking back and forth. People that think they have tulpas might just be so far down the rabbit hole that they legitimately believe the second voice they've made is a whole new person.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfYbb7nga6-icsFWWgS-kWw
>>
>>18811205
I agree it does seem odd to think in that way, but I do not assert that observation for no reason. This topic is huge in a ton of religions, spiritual ideologies, and schools of thought. The 'me' in our heads is a construct, it is a personality developed based on what happens to us and around us. There's nothing wrong with that, it is how we distinguish 'me' and other things, it creates individuality. But what is the 'me' in 'my head' that is reading this sentence? That decides what you speak aloud? What influences your 'me's decisions?

There is a 'me' at the core of your thoughts, and the 'me' you speak of is your ego and it's expressions. Believe me or not, the ego can be seen through to reveal the core which is impacted only by senses in the present. Your ego is made up of thoughts, memories, desires, opinions, etc. It consists of who you are.

Can you prove that you are not deluded to the point that you consider your thoughts to be you? Are your actions 'you'? Are you truly in control of all your emotions, thoughts, and words? Or does your control of these things not stumble occasionally? The difference with a tulpa is that the tulpa was not there first. The reason we can consider "those thoughts to be another person" is simply because the 'me' was there first. The tulpa is an addition to the original. While some tulpamancers believe it to be a whole new person or entity, this is not the only way to become deluded (though it is an effective way of creating a runaway tulpa).

Consider this: you create a different voice in your head for the sake of argument. What if you begin assigning it characteristics, traits, even visual representations? You create a character in your own head. You could go "back and forth", or even 'impersonate' this new character. Yet you still know that's not your 'me'?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.