[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meditation question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: alexjonesjoerogan.png (3MB, 4084x896px) Image search: [Google]
alexjonesjoerogan.png
3MB, 4084x896px
I meditate using a knockoff of Transcendental Meditation as taught by natural-stress-relief.com. It's a mantra meditation.

Not infrequently when I meditate I will, for a period of time of ~10 seconds, get sucked in *really* deeply. My eyes involuntarily clench shut hard. Stops I'll stop breathing temporarily. And it feels like I sort of seize up. My mind is lucid during the experience.

What am I experiencing?

(pic unrelated)
>>
When you come here asking the question that only you should be able to answer, then you should know that you have a problem.
You probably should stop what you are doing.

Why? Because by accident you experience this thing you know nothing about(protip: nobody can really tell you).
It could get worse. It could get better.
You are gambling.
Meditation is not a gamble.
You're doing it wrong.

Atleast, you're not doing what you have been made believe you are doing.
That is why you don't know about the results either.

>being gulible
Why?
>>
>>18802486
I mean, it doesn't cause me any distress or anything. It was unnerving the first time it happened but at this point I'm used to it. Maybe its psychosomatic, I don't know. I've read a few different books on meditation and never saw anything like this mentioned. I also practiced zazen for several months daily and never experienced anything like this during that time.
>>
>>18802509
You are obviously trying to alter something in your machines working.
Because why else would you do it.

So if you don't know anything about the machine it is better not to do anything.
If some things are forced in the wrong way it can only produce wrong results.
It's like throwing a stone into the gears.

You try to pimp your cars engine without knowing about cars or engines.
With a car someone can help you. A human being is a bit more complex than a car.

You say psychosomatic. Might aswell flip a coin.
The fact that not everyone is the same aswell as there being schools who teach such things properly should be enough example telling you that "if you don't know, nobody does".
Because nobody really knows what you have been doing.

Iceman can go into icecold water and generate energy.
Someone else does it and faints.
Do you understand this?
>>
>>18802509

Strange experiences during meditation are surprisingly common. What mantra are you using? You might be summoning a spirit.
>>
>>18802564
i'm not supposed to write it down :-/

it sounds like the name for a young sheep, but with a soft vowel
>>
i would try another type of meditation
also maybe try to half open your eyes and focus on something far away
or open them just enough for it to be comfortable
also as another anon has already said, weird things during meditation happen a lot, i have heard of other things similar to what you say before and i wouldnt worry too much about it
>>
it sort of sounds like the beginning of an OBE
>>
>>18802445
DMT releasing more than likely. your body is an endogenous DMT making machine and meditation helps you do it (amongst other things like yoga, intense workout, skirts with danger, or ingesting it in pure isolated form)
>>
>>18805217
do you have a cite on that? i don't think anyone has been able to show that the brain can produce DMT, just melatonin which is structurally similar to DMT
>>
>>18805295
no no it's not the brain that produces it, but the melanomic cell line in the skin. here is my citation from a .gov federally-funded institute, the US National Library of Medicine

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24508833
>>
with DMT being in the cell-line of the skin, blood, and urine, it is likely that DMT is only psychoactive when its pure form can cross the blood-brain barrier. so it may not be produced in the pineal gland but it is psychoactive when large amounts of it happen to be there. it could be that the body calls upon the DMT from throughout the body, as a sort of 'mobilizing the troops' effect. it seems to have a heavy effect on the basic function of central and periphery nervous system (source from the same gov institute below)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27126737
>>
>>18805342
so OP has cancer? or are you using the term melanoma in some benign sense?
>>
>>18805342
>>18805357
or are you implying that because melanoma cells produce it and further that because melanoma cells are derived from skin cells that therefore skin cells (and perhaps related types of cells) can produce it?
>>
I do TM and they tell you it's normal to stop breathing every now and then.

People have all types of experiences when meditating. Don't get too caught up in the experiences though.
>>
>>18805379
Or they are referring to melanin?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.