[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Thought Experiment 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Epi_LP_Custom_PRO.jpg (66KB, 1400x483px) Image search: [Google]
Epi_LP_Custom_PRO.jpg
66KB, 1400x483px
You know who I am. We made an ESP Viper go missing in the mail about a month ago. Skeptics still bound around saying it was a coincidence. Now, it's round 2 and time to dig deep again and prove them wrong.

This is the new guitar I have ordered. I am going to focus on it not arriving again and I'd like to invite you to join in as we previously did. I will only post pictures of the model guitar I've ordered just like last time.

Anyone who knows any tips or methods, please feel free to share. The guitar has been delivered to the couriers today and is currently sat in a dispatch center.
>>
You still have terrible taste in guitars.
>>
>>18800483
Alright, let's give it another shot then.

>>18800497
Sounds like someone's never played a decent Epiphone
>>
File: 42077_g6.jpg (218KB, 1200x886px) Image search: [Google]
42077_g6.jpg
218KB, 1200x886px
>>18800497
Hey, I like what I like.

I'm in Australia by the way and I ordered a bunch of other stuff with it, but I don't really care about that shit, but just to let you guys know, it's probably all bundled up together in a big box, rather than the slim, tapered box that guitar usually come in.
>>
>>18800508
I have. Epi is better than Gibson anyways.

But he could have got a better LP.
>>
>>18800816
Oh? I haven't played the custom pro model myself, but it sounded good from what I've heard. Then again, I've also heard that the lochness monster is bigfoot in a suit, so...

Epi is legit better than Gibson though? If this is true, this is fucking hilarious. I already knew quality is pretty on-par, please tell me that this is true.
>>
>>18800822
Pretty much.

Fender is no better, the only difference between MIM and MIA is 90 miles. And that's not /pol/ talking.
>>
>>18800834
kek, Gibson BTFO

Wouldn't know that much about Fenders. MIK Epis are great though
>>
>>18800816
>>18800822
>>18800834
OP here. I want to correct that a bit.

Of course a real Custom is going to be much better than an Epi Custom Pro, but enough to warrant an increase in price 10 fold? Nah. Not in my mind. It's not that Epiphones are better than Gibsons, it's just High end Epiphones are better than Low-End Gibsons, at least in my experience.

The reason being the yanks just can't afford to pay labor so they have to cut it anyway possible in their low-end models, thus sometimes sharp and uneven frets, questionable finishes and even dodgy electronics come out of the Gibson USA factory. People are fooled into thinking Gibson uses US electronics or something, but it all comes from china, just better quality pots and wiring than epiphone uses (generally).

Epiphone on the other hand can afford to pay people the extra money for increased labor hours. Both factories have stringent quality control, but that too is subject to cost, once again epiphone can afford to apply stringent testing on most of it's models because they only have to pay their workers a pittance compared to US wages.

The most noticeable difference between Epiphone and Gibsons is the finish rather than the sound. Most Epis are Polyurethane coated while Gibsons are Nitrocellulose, the latter being able to be coated much thinner, giving them a smoother feel and letting us actually feel the wood and it's grains. Other than electronics, that's about it in my opinion.

Also, I think Epiphones headstock looks classy as hell especially when binded on customs, while Gibsons look like the cheapest manufacturing technique available but that's just my personal taste.. I know that goes against most people's views on it.
>>
>>18800882
Most of that can be attributed to their irrational and backwards CEO. Henry J is cray. Gibson is still just a meme kept afloat by marketing and dad rockers. Get a 70's Ibby if you want a fantastic LP, with the stock Super 70's pups. Pretty "cheap" and easily on par with everything Gibson has.
>>
>>18800497
This epiphone still has les paul pickups. Shows how much you know
>>
>>18800816
Original Epiphones, befor Gibson owned tham, maybe. I have a custom Gibson Les Paul that Epiphones can't even hold a candle to. Even my SG studio sounds better than most Epiphones I've heard. Now, I have a Jay Turser SG with a dovetailed neck, which I redid everything in, subbed out a seymour duncan trembucker and s.d. invader for the pickups, gold locking tuners, the works...and it sounds a lot better than most gibsons OR epiphones I've heard.Still, I'll take a Gretsch any day.
>>
>>18803065
Like the Les paul pickups are any good. Give me some P90s or D'Armands any day!
>>
File: ringo.jpg (166KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
ringo.jpg
166KB, 494x640px
>>
>>18800483
those shits are like $600. how the hell are you affording to just throw this kind of money away?
>>
File: 99617345102O.png (304KB, 1621x981px) Image search: [Google]
99617345102O.png
304KB, 1621x981px
>>
>>18803065
MIK pickups made in the Cort factory*
>>
>>18803529
>Not knowing what a CS ESP made for Kirk well after Denver's death is.
>>
File: Les-Paul-Custom-AW-5758.jpg (467KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Les-Paul-Custom-AW-5758.jpg
467KB, 2048x1280px
>>18803065
No it doesn't. Custom Pros come with ProBuckers which is Epiphone's version of Gibson's Burstbuckers. They have chinese pot metal making up the copper but they are much better than the old Alnico Classics they had in the older Customs which sound very microphonic and synthetic to me.

>>18803095
My man. I love a good Gretsch. Chet Atkins is among my idols man. Would like to get one of his signatures one day. Definitely won't be messing with that one's delivery!

>>18803497
>$600
They're $850 here in aus. I'm lucky enough to say that this is still that's not a lot of money anyway and I don't need this guitar, it's actually for students I teach, but everything is always covered for freight insurance. I got a full refund on the last one. The only people that lose out are the scumbag insurance companies. As if they aren't making that money back in 10 seconds.
>>
>>18804368
and again
>>
>>18805877
OP where are you at? Don't you usually bump with more guitar pics?
>>
is op kill?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.