[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Hell thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: hell.jpg (46KB, 650x355px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
46KB, 650x355px
Paintings, stories, stuff like the Siberian Hell Sounds, etc.?

Was raised believing in this place. Homeschooled in the woods and I used to have fucking nightmares and pray the prayer of salvation every night just as insurance. Knew it had to be heartfelt, but I was never sure if I was heartfelt enough. Psychological torture, man.
>>
File: IMG_20170380_023736.jpg (26KB, 181x143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170380_023736.jpg
26KB, 181x143px
"I deserved this."
>>
Sorry you were raised like that anon. I believe in hell myself, as a Christian, but seems like your caregivers were horribly misguided if they thought praying for salvation over and over was what kept one out of it.

I can offer some less insane insight into what I personally believe the Jewish/Christian scriptures says about hell if you're interested.
>>
>>18800347
Does Jesus specifically mention hell as a physical location anywhere in the bible?
The question just came to mind but I hate opening that fucking book, it might be in the glossary so I guess I'll help you look.

The prospect of eternal damnation and torture is so fucking far removed from the tenets of the entire book that I have always suspected it to be a giant lie.
>>
File: IMG_20170321_024458.jpg (563KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_024458.jpg
563KB, 1120x1680px
>>18800361
Nevermind I guess it's not in mine, what do you know?
>>
>>18800361
He does, actually, but we have to be careful about the word "Hell." You might be familiar with Hades, and Gehenna, and "The Pit," and "The Grave," etc. Men and women much wiser than I have studied the Greek and Hebrew of the original scripture, the context and culture of the people, and the theology presented elsewhere by Jesus, and Jesus does mention a place of eternal separation from God and himself. It features fire and darkness and we get there as a result of sin.

I think the important thing to note about hell is that God doesn't send us there, nor was it created as some sort of punishment realm for bad people. God created hell for Satan and his demons and because of man's fallen state (you might be familiar with that), we have chosen Hell ourselves and it is the destiny for ever single person to end up there because we have each actively decided to not pursue God, who although loving is just, and when we do that, we side with Satan. It is a dichotomy, but it would be erroneous to consider it a false one; if God is perfect, sin is not of him. If God is just, then he can not *not* punish sin. So he created mankind, and we fucked up, so we are destined for hell with the devil.

However, although God is just and fair, he is also loving and the idea of us, mankind - you, me, everyone - being apart from him and suffering the horror of life and eternity without him, was able to take the penalty he himself created and allowed mankind to avoid that destiny by giving his own life (Jesus Christ, the incarnation) through the crucifixion, and paying that debt.

If we acknowledge that Jesus did so and realize our sin is forgiven and not at all a thing anymore, we're saved. If not, then we stay seperated like we already are, on it extends into eternity and there's no other chances once we get there.

Running out of space, but that's the long-short of it.

>tl;dr
Yes, Jesus talks about hell and tells us that we're not supposed to be there because love.
>>
>>18800347
Sure, thank you.

I didn't mean to make it sound like this was their doing, I was just so scared of it that I did that and they didn't know how to console me on it. Not to say they weren't crazy, just not in that way. I've considered writing a book about it.

I never felt all the feelings I thought everyone else did regarding God and church, and I hated going, so I assumed I was doing it wrong. Songs and movies that were allowed were fucking scary because they were like horror movies that you're told by your parents are real.
>>
>>18800427
>>18800347
Forgot tripcode, but it was me. I guess more accurately, it was their fault, but they never explicitly told me I was going to Hell, even now.

Dad's admitted they probably overdid it. I shouldn't have had to deal with anxiety at that age, especially anxiety over burning for an eternity just because I couldn't muster enough sincerity to the prayer, which became so routine it was meaningless.
>>
File: ImperialCult.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialCult.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18800361
>The prospect of eternal damnation and torture is so fucking far removed from the tenets of the entire book that I have always suspected it to be a giant lie.

That's because Jesus belongs to the other God-Kings of the world's Imperial Cults and not to some peasants' deranged serial killer club...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-WI0sBou4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdjeVwxsQ8
>>
File: NJGnoG3FCRr87VpzLDcQepiS.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NJGnoG3FCRr87VpzLDcQepiS.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>18800433
I get it, I really do. I came from a similar background - homeschooled, super devout southern parents, etc. Not as extreme as your upbringing, I can imagine, but similar.

I ended up trying to read, research, and discover the Bible's real context and what it really says around age 15 and it was around then that I realized there was certainly a huge difference between knowing a ton of shit about Jesus... and actually knowing Jesus.

It's like knowing some scientific facts about the Milky Way galaxy; you know it contains approximately 100,000,000,000 stars. You know it probably formed 13.6 billion years ago. You know it is a barred spiral galaxy, in the Virgo supercluster, and at the center there is likely a black hole. Those are facts and information.

But imagine going into deep space and seeing our galaxy in an of itself. Hovering above it, and seeing the lights, the colors, the sheer size and scope of it. Hell, even just a picture of it sometimes leaves me speechless.

It's similar with God. Yes, the Bible is important and so is theology and philosophy and practice... but until we have that connection with the person of God (who, Christians believe is Jesus Christ), we miss out on all of it.

I knew the books of the Bible. I knew the stories. I knew the on-paper facts about this religion. It wasn't until I started really thinking and reading between the lines did I realize that basically Jesus was here to say "fuck religion." Seriously. His whole teaching was saying "it's not about rules and regulations and laws and tradition and all that shit. It's about just knowing God, and this is how you do it."

The way? To just be real with him and seek him and acknowledge him. That other stuff - the bible, the commandments, the lifestyle - comes as a RESULT of Jesus. You don't have to do a thing to get to Jesus. Religion says "do this to get to God." Jesus says "I did this to get to YOU."
>>
>>18800474
>trying to disprove bible
>by believing a translation of it and taking it for face value exactly as it is
>...but maintaining it is false
>...by assuming it is true
>>
Just play Agony when it's released. It's a soon-to-be-released videogame in which the entire purpose of the player is to escape from Hell.
>>
File: quentinmoses3.jpg (419KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quentinmoses3.jpg
419KB, 1280x720px
>>18800567
>>trying to disprove bible
>>by believing a translation of it and taking it for face value exactly as it is
>>...but maintaining it is false
>>...by assuming it is true

I pointed out relevant information in the Bible. I certainly don't base me assertion of "Ma'at's" authority simply on text. I base it on the trail of bodies and clues she leaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9IPNmIdQY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-62EYQHcWFA
>>
>>18800593
Wait, what the fuck? Are you threatening me?

It might just be coincidence, but I fucking live in Athens and go to UGA and I know Quentin's family and go to his old church.

Did you track an IP or something?
>>
>>18800405

This.

And to add to it, some, such as C.S. Lewis, believe that even Hell isn't a place of permanence, but as this guy said, a place you are by choice.

What that means is if you, somehow, come to place of repentance there, you can get to heaven.

Other christians however, see this as heresy, so, take it as you will.
>>
>>18800617
I'd come at it from both sides (wouldn't call it heresy so much as kind of an impossibility)

Like, IF it were possible to come to a realization of Christ and repentance in Hell, God would pluck you out of there immediately and you'd be home, like the Prodigal Son.

But if hell is the pure, 100% absence of God (even the THOUGHT of God is absent) one would not even consider that they should have followed God because... well, his absence wouldn't allow for that.

We see kind of a mix in the Torah and the Bible - it's an interesting study, but I think the bottom line is that Hell isn't like a punishment realm so much as it is a result realm. God doesn't take some kind of satisfaction in people being there. That's the whole reason for Jesus.
>>
File: 90quakeElisaLam.jpg (1MB, 1443x1265px) Image search: [Google]
90quakeElisaLam.jpg
1MB, 1443x1265px
>>18800606
>It might just be coincidence, but I fucking live in Athens and go to UGA and I know Quentin's family and go to his old church.

No, he was just divinely killed. Like Elisa Lam was divinely murdered.

Divine murder is where the gods kill someone as opposed to men pretending to be gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUW6m6SOP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0
>>
>>18800361
Yep when he talks about the rich dude and the poor dude, rich guy was suffering in hell, though when Jesus died and went to hell to "set the saints free" this also implies there are certain areas of hell or levels, the one where he set the saints free was more of a resting area where they waiting for Jesus, then there was the other side the actual hell where souls suffer.
>>
>>18800628
I can see the possibility for it, myself, though I can also see why it may not be so. I don't really think there's enough to go on.

A counter for your example, for instance, would be to say that our thoughts of god are not god himself, as we are too small to even begin to comprehend him, only the idea of him.

But I agree with your bottom line, 100%
>>
File: richmanlaz.png (920KB, 1127x857px) Image search: [Google]
richmanlaz.png
920KB, 1127x857px
>>18800644
>Yep when he talks about the rich dude and the poor dude, rich guy was suffering in hell

That's one of my favorite passages...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9IPNmIdQY0
>>
>>18800361
Matt 25:41

‘Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels' -Jesus

Sometimes hell in the Bible refers to simply dying and sometimes it refers to the everlasting torment of unsaved sinners

Hell in the latter since is a real location and it is only done to a person who has rejected every chance God has given him for salvation. Do you think your thoughts are higher than God's? Have you thought that God has not considered what you have considered a thousand times over? The creator of all things is a perfect judge and only evildoers will be tormented in the flame, Fear God and save yourself
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.