[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up, I think.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1426897343964.gif (797KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1426897343964.gif
797KB, 300x450px
>be me
>be 7 years ago
>mom dumpster diving
>me being a teenager sees a book she brought home
>It said "Freemason" or something like that on it.
>Inside was writing of alchemy amongst other things I forget
>I showed her it, she thinking it was spooky told me to throw it away
>about 5 years later I am watching TV, a documentary on freemasonry
>The documentary talks of a lost freemason book that is so rare and unique that would be nearly impossible to find.

Did I throw away the lost book, /x/?
>>
>>18798962
yeah. good work.
>>
>>18798962
Good job man
>>
>>18798962
gg op
>>
>>18798962
>Freemasonry
>Alchemy
Nope, there's no alchemy in regular Craft Masonry.
>>
>>18799026
Op here, honest question, why did it have ingredients and things like alchemy? it was DEFINITELY a freemason book.
>>
>>18799037
Could have been from a side order perhaps, but any side orders dabbling in alchemy would not identify themselves as Masonic.
Alchemy is a spiritual endeavour; the ingredients and chemical instructions are simply an allegorical mask to cover up the true spiritual nature of the science.
It seems odd that such a book would be labeled as Masonic though, seeing as Masonry has its own spiritual processes and doesn't employ alchemy at all.
>>
>>18799055
OP here, to be fair, could have not of been alchemy, it looked ritualistic though. ingredients are something I remember. If i recall correctly mentioning of spells, but I don't really know for sure.
>>
>>18798962
No, that was not the book you saw on TV
>>
>>18798962
>be me

Who else would you be?
>>
>>18799074
OP here, If I didn't say >be me, I wouldn't be randum for /b/ XD!!! would I?
>>
>>18799067
I'm a Mason myself, and spells aren't really our type of thing. We're more into oaths and obligations.
Could have been a book from a group who wanted their identity hidden, perhaps. Or, of course, it could have been from one of the more "irregular" groups of Masons. Things get pretty wild in the clandestine world of irregular Masonry.
>>
>>18799026
Not overtly in the degrees. Nothing stopping it, though.

>>18799037
All kinds of people can put "Freemason" on whatever they like. Odds are it doesn't mean anything.
>>
A few of the clandestine masonic orders have a genuinely old lineage, and others at least have spotted histories that tie themselves fairly far back. They arent all just "made up"... Especially some in europe and south america.
>>
>>18798962
Was it green with a gold level?
>>
File: 1415119633750.gif (3MB, 260x291px) Image search: [Google]
1415119633750.gif
3MB, 260x291px
>>18798962
You fucked up kiddo.
You could be Alchemy grandmaster right know, drowning in money.
>>
>>18800977
I don't remember. Could have been, I kind of recall it being brownish-maroon.
>>
i have a mormon friend who's a returned missionary, apparently he told me he discovered a masonic bible some place but he was none the wiser and decided to throw it away, even after telling an investigator about it he offered him to pay my friend a large price for it. his reason for trashing it was because it was "distracting" for his companions or something like that
>>
Could have been something Freemason adjacent like The Secret Teachings of All Ages by notable mason Manly P Hall. Nice editions tend to contain reproductions of classical alchemical diagrams, although the book is more of an encyclopedia of esoteric knowledge rather than an alchemy guide. Some Masonic halls keep copies in their library.

The really nice leather bound editions are beautiful btw.
>>
>>18798962
>>18802406
>Throwing away books
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
File: 1480464628895.png (2MB, 1268x946px) Image search: [Google]
1480464628895.png
2MB, 1268x946px
>>
>>18803688
Americans.
>>
>>18803688
>conservatives
>>
>>18798962
Gg
>>
>>18804796
I know. You prefer burning books.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.