[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking for advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: FrogAndToad2.jpg (186KB, 1488x1098px) Image search: [Google]
FrogAndToad2.jpg
186KB, 1488x1098px
Ok, I'm not sure if this, of all places, is where I should seek help, but considering that I believed (and, at some extent I still do) in some of the topics that are discussed here on a daily basis, then I guess it's alright.

So, the problem is this: I'm feeling really ill. I think my depression is taking over myself again, and I want to know if there is something that I can do to change my mindset or even heal myself (I'm still going to go to the doctor). Also my body is also sick, but I think if anything here is going to help me it will be in the "mind" field (correct me if you think I'm wrong)

So, to all of you out there, I ask this:

Is there something valuable in the whole "new age" theories? like consciousness , crystals, opening the 3rd eye and other chakras (I know this is not new age stuff, I just couldn't came up with a more agglutinating term. Can I heal myself with meditation, sacred geometry or even magic? Even something that I can use to change my mindset so then I can start with another, more orthodox ways to get better?

I guess this also could serve as a thread to discuss the validity of "New age", astral, or simply /x/ methods.

tl;dr: Does any of this /x/ shit actually works? Is it worth my time?
>>
>>18798489
Most of it no. All the real stuff requires a dedication in exploring the unknown.

Which for any "normal" person is hard, you can't be social networking and going to school/uni and be skilled at altered states at the same time.

My advice is just read about the stories
>>
Also to the anon who was asking about psychedelics in the thread that was removed, we can talk here here.

Not trying to Hijack your thread Op, it's on topic with your post
>>
>>18798642
> you can't be social networking and going to school/uni and be skilled at altered states at the same time.
Utterly untrue. Granted I don't have a social media account, but I know Adepts who do AND go to Uni.
>>
>>18798676
Then they're doing it as a status symbol, but we can disagree, it's fine
>>
File: StBenedictMedalWallpaper.jpg (144KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
StBenedictMedalWallpaper.jpg
144KB, 1600x900px
>>18798489
OP just go to a doctor, or pray to Jesus Christ and you will be saved. God put doctors to heal you not destroy you. Plus they are pretty much robots on the job anyway,
>>
File: 1483079391581.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483079391581.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>18798676
lol if you have a Facebook it doesn't mean you're a goddamn social butterfly. it doesn't require nearly as much time or effort as all that shit.
>>
>>18798489
You can definitely heal yourself via meditation, chakra work, etc, as well as praying to God, Mother Earth, and/or any other patron dieties you have, but going to your doctor isn't a bad idea. But if you are wary of prescription SSRI's, feel free to just stick to meditative/chakral work. Changing your mindset is definitely possible with just meditation and introspection, millions of people do it every day. It may behoove you to set up a regular daily/weekly routine/activities and a more healthy diet and exercise regimen as well. Doing all of those things worked wonders for me.
>>
>>18798684
We can disagree, but one of us is right and one is wrong. Or to, you know, further their knowledge.
>>
>>18798684
All you are implying here is that an Adept has no need to expand their knowledge, or strive for more... of which the exact opposite is true.
>>
>>18798795
I know for a fact, that once you get true knowledge, once you get down to the core of things, you have to question yourself and your own motives.

even the word adept is egotistical.
>>
>>18798489
Whatever you do, say no to meds.
>>
>>18798803
It's also a title bestowed upon someone when they reach a certain level of spiritual attainment.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.