[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you save a suicidal from hell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 23

File: suicide.jpg (4KB, 266x190px)
suicide.jpg
4KB, 266x190px
So my childhood friend killed himself a week ago by jumping from a mall parking lot

His family seriously believe he's gone to hell and asks everyone to pray for his sould everyday at 10pm. Another friend told me they believe by praying for him they can save his soul from doom

My question is: every religion says a suicidal goes to hell, except maybe for islam. Is there a way he can go to heaven?
>>
>>18795394
like the gorillaz said

"it's all in your head"
>>
No such thing as Hell.

But suicide should be encouraged. People with low IQ deserve to die, painfully. If they are unwilling to be slaves, they are useless.
>>
>>18795394
Heaven and hell aren't what you think they are. They're just states of mind.

Nothing stays stagnant, if you friend does kill himself its just the same as dying normally. You don't take anything here with you, you came with nothing, you leave with nothing.

Tell him to chill out and enjoy his stay. Also if he really wanted to off himself he would just do it. You knowing about it ahows he isn't serious.

Everyone must face death alone
>>
>>18795394
Hell doesn't exist, lol
>>
>>18795394
Oh he did kill himself. Misread your post.

Your friend as an ego doesn't exist anymore other than in your memory. So just forget about him.
>>
Suicide isn't a real sin. The Pope told everyone it was early on because people kept killing themselves so they could go to Heaven early and this was getting to be a huge problem.
>>
>>18795413
>>18795416

then is he in purgatory?
i've been told suicidals stay on earth repeating their deaths over and over in an infinite loop untill someone breaks the cycle and brings the dead to light
>>
>>18795438
i like the way you think
can you also answer why the church denied the globe and heliocentrism?
>>
>>18795445
Some bullshit about how religious texts said shit about some kind of dome over the planet where there was a huge ocean above it and rain was just the dome leaking. Or something, I'm not an expert on inconsistent religious lore.
>>
It's possible to enter hell and attempt to rescue his soul yes.

It would be... extremely painful.
>>
Hell does exist. Do not be fooled by deception. Do not follow the forbidden fruit of knowledge
>>
>>18795442
Your friends "consciousness" is the same as yours. It's hard to answer your questions because I have to pretend we all have a soul, which we don't. It's all the same soul, it's single.
>>
>>18795462
can't I rescue him from here?
>>
>>18795522
what do you think happened to him?
>>
>>18795522
Not OP, but do you think you can expand on this idea of a single soul, it seems pretty interesting
>>
>>18795647
I don't have the time now. But its quite simple ready..

Imagine a paper cup with holes all over it, you shine a torch under the cup, it projects individual lights outwards.

However, its all the same light.

Google is tour friend this shit is common sense now
>>
Nope

No hell or heaven exist
He's free now
>>
File: RiseUp.png (815KB, 1025x730px) Image search: [Google]
RiseUp.png
815KB, 1025x730px
>>18795394
>Is there a way he can go to heaven?

Only if you and his family uplift his spirit in praise of his memory. Bless his name as your pray for his soul; Rejoice in what happiness you shared with him in life. Your beatitudes shall thereby assure his passage into heaven.
>>
>>18795394
I thought you reincarnate as a tree if you suicide; thats what I read in some type of Buddhism.
>>
Contact him with a Quiji board and see how he is doing. Don't do it alone though.
>>
>>18795705
why not alone?
>>
>>18795394
Every religion? Bs. But islam actually prohibits suicide 100%. Which is why suicide bombers are a joke.

Im a christian and i couldnt find anything in 66 books prohibiting it, or suggesting you go to hell. For example judas didn't go to hell for hanging himself, he went to hell for betraying Jesus.
As for salvation, unless he had a relationship with God, i cant say much for seeing him in heaven.

But if you trust in prayer, and have a hunch he would have come to know god given he had a chance, maybe intercession will do something.

If were talking christianity here, a man hung right beside jesus, simply recognised that jesus did nothing wrong and he was saved. I believe everyone gets a chance to be a saint.
>>
>>18795705
this ->>>18795708
>>
>>18795416
Uh... I think you misread the post. The dude is already dead.
>>
>>18795394
What dreams may come as a movie might interest you OP.
>>
>>18795705
F you are going to use a useless board game to contact him, my suggestion is Connect Four.
>>
He's probably already reborn, to let go of his memory is a choice left up to you.
>>
>>18795394
>by jumping from a mall parking lot
what?
Do you mean a parking garage? Cause not every mall has one of those.
>>
>>18795848
yes, he fell from a 40 meters height
>>
>>18795743
>christian
>defending islam

pick only one
>>
>>18795630
no wtf, his soul is trapped inside satan's crystal palace, you need to physically remove it from the collection, smash it, and then both of you have to climb back up to the surface.

the only way you can get into hell is with a demon or archangels help. The archangel's are either dead or unreachable, ever since the sundering in 1299 AD, that leaves you with holding leverage over a demon (summoning it into a trap, and then convincing it for the exchange- your soul for your friends and a guide to the underworld.

how new are you to the occult anon? seems like you are unwilling to do what is required.
>>
>>18795438
This.

Also hell is real. Some deniers here might find out one day.

Praying for a soul is more a Catholic thing. It's essentially like a bunch of kids begging their parents for something. I funny think an all mighty god would show weakness and give on to begging of this sort. As them we could pray for everyone and give them a free pass.

Pentecostal here. (i.e. I interpret the bible literally, without adding to or detracting from it) and as long as he accepted christ as hissaviour he will be going to the kingdom of heaven to be free of what burdened him so.
>>
>>18795394
your friends spirit is probably still on this plane. contacting him would probably be fairly easy
>>
File: darkmatterkekring2.png (2MB, 1913x873px) Image search: [Google]
darkmatterkekring2.png
2MB, 1913x873px
>>18795394
>: every religion says a suicidal goes to hell, except maybe for islam. Is there a way he can go to heaven?

I think it depends on the person who commits suicide what their fate will be - but I also don't encourage people to take their lives and nobody wants to so I think it's foolish to say all people who commit suicide do or don't go to good or bad places.

I'm absolutely sure if I killed myself I would go to a good place - that's been personally guaranteed to me empirically from what must be an extremely powerful super-human entity.

It seems very very fond of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKf6BJi-9tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
>>
>>18795929
why do you have a link to a christmas song? lol crackhead
>>
>>18795394

> every religion says a suicidal goes to hell, except maybe islam

... The hell is your definition of 'every religion'?
>>
>>18795705

Don't do this. They are -notorious- for fucking absolutely everything up, because you basically never get what you're asking for. You're pretty much offering your asshole up on craig's list. And more often than not, it becomes a chronic ass-raping.
>>
>>18795908
This, also, I believe that the prayer after death was an Orthodox thing unless it's Catholic too.
>>
>>18795936
>why do you have a link to a christmas song? lol crackhead

That should be readily apparent to anyone with sufficient reading comprehension.
>>
>>18795413
Lmao holy shit edge lord don't end up killing yourself
>>
>>18795394
Umm.... No? I don't think he's in hell. Apparently he was in hell and decided to exit.
>where is he now?
Probably in reincarnation state. What is written in those books aren't (suprise) entirely true.
>>
>>18795901
Hehehe.... If you have keys you don't need to convince anything.
>getting someone out of there is a different story.
>>
>>18795413
lel man if 4chan has done one good thing for me, it's snapped me out of my cringey ass turbo edgelord phase. i can only laugh at posts like this now. although, I'm sure you're being intentionally funny, so thanks for the laugh broheim
>>
File: 1750482928.png (377KB, 594x422px) Image search: [Google]
1750482928.png
377KB, 594x422px
>>18795413
>>
the maximum time someone will be in hell is one year

damnation is for killers, so im not sure
>>
if he had a mental illness that caused him to
commit suicide then he probably didn't goto
hell
>>
FFS

If you believe Christian dogma then yes, he's in hell and nothing will change that. Certainly not prayer.

Thankfully Christianity isn't internally consistent and therefore cannot be the immutable word of god and in all likelihood there's no afterlife whatsoever. He's just gone.
>>
>>18795394
A suicidal soul can get to Heaven, but only if their despair doesn't sever their relationship with God. If your friend was atheist, and despairing, he may have pushed the distance between God and himself too far. But it's also equally likely that after some time in Hell, God reaches him and he is pulled to Heaven.

The correct answer is nobody knows what the fate of your friend is, but prayer is a meaningful way to help steer him to the light.
>>
>>18795394
Actually, Catholicism doesn't condemn suicide. While it's frowned on and discouraged, whether or not the person is damned for it is a matter between him and God, and no outside party may interfere.
>>
File: 1487601372431m.jpg (45KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487601372431m.jpg
45KB, 1024x576px
>>18795394
You kill him so he isn't a suicidal
>>
>>18796834
>A suicidal soul can get to Heaven, but only if their despair doesn't sever their relationship with God
Based on what?

Judaism condemns suicide in both the sense that you're denying the mission your soul was on and that you're destroying a work of god.

Christianity unambiguously sees it as murder
>>
>>18796919
Empirical testimony based on people who have achieved brain death and come back. God, as presented by people who've "died," is a very different character than what is believed. Jesus, otoh, is right on the money, but most of the Bible is written by everyone but Jesus, so there are a lot of misconceptions lost in Dogma.
>>
>>18795908
>Also hell is real.

Prove it my nigga. If you can't, then don't say that as if it is true just because it's your opinion
>>
>>18796953
It's always described the same way; a dark plane full of sadistic man-monsters who only seek to inflict pain on others. A dimension without God and Good.
>>
>>18795705
Try Tinder
>>
>>18796840
Catholicism condemns suicide unless you starve yourself, the rationale being that God will provide food or help for you if need be.
Seriously though, the idea of anyone, no matter how evil, being on fire 35 billion years from now is kinda strange, since all their victims would either be with them in the fire or in Heaven, with their time on earth being a microscopic speck in their past that determined billions of years after that.
>>
>>18796989
Maybe they expected us to destroy earth and kill ourselves a lot faster, so they didn't considered the rules correctly.
>>
>>18795394
Need full name and picture of person ill try, hsve exp
>>
>>18795394
Which hell?
>>
>>18795413
What does IQ stand for? Don't look it up.
>>
>>18796944
>Empirical testimony based on people who have achieved brain death and come back
First of all, testimony is not empirical. It is circumstantial by nature.

Second
>taking the testimony of someone in an altered brain state
nigga that's dumb
>>
>>18795420
/thread
>>
>>18797083
Aggregate data isn't circumstantial. If one or two people state something, it's one thing. But if surveys of hundreds state something, it's no longer a "circumstance," especially if they are unrelated episodes.

And you miss the point about brain death. People only investigate when someone had "crossed over" and come back. There is no altered state of consciousness, but a (supposed) lack of consciousness all together.

Then again, I'm investigating claims and using that to draw conclusions. Far more Truthful than blindly accepting dogma.
>>
>>18795434
>he doesn't exist, just in your memory
>just forget him

that's pretty cruel anon
>>
>>18795394
you can't save him from hell because hell doesn't exist.
>>
>>18797162
>Aggregate data isn't circumstantial
Testimonials are circumstantial. Period.

>there is no altered state of consciousness in recovery from brain death
You don't recover from brain death. If someone "recovers" from brain death they were misdiagnosed. You are confusing brain death with clinical death.

I do not accept dogma, I am an atheist. OP asked a question regarding religion, not your retarded assumptions based on the delirious episodes of people near death.

You also apparently fail to understand that the mere fact that there are conflicting stories regarding NDE's destroys any credibility they might have had.
>>
>>18795901
what happened 1299?
>>
>>18797244
By your standard, surveys are testimonial, which is fucking insane, but whatever let's you defend your beliefs.

In terms of conflicting stories, which you must reject because they are "testimonial," there are a number of scenarios that happen, which range from the following,

>subject is in the void
>subject ascends, sees a bright light, meets beings (sometimes it's "Jesus," sometimes it's family and friends
>subject descends and meets hostile beings

The point is that it's predictable what an NDE is like because we have people who have gone through it. Interestingly, these experiences are independent of demographics and have remained consistent across time. Then again, without surveys, we don't have access to that information.

I guarantee you if I asked you about surveys before this argument, you would (rightfully) have no problem with them. Only when surveys challenge your worldview, does your mind change its stance to prevent dissonance from occurring. People are primitive like this which neutralizes their intelligence.
>>
>>18797244
Also. We define death as the cessation of the circulatory system followed by the end of brain functioning. People who have "died" and come back with testimony about the survival of the conscious.
>>
>>18797295
>By your standard, surveys are testimonial
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence
Educate yourself.

>I can make up bullshit to justify why NDE's don't give the same results even though my entire argument is that NDE's do give the same results

Maybe if you spent less time trying to attack your opponent you'd have come up with a convincing argument or some supporting facts by now.
>>
>>18797307
clinical death is cessation of the circulatory system and breathing - this can be recovered from and is the source of NDE's

brain death is the final end of activity in the brain and cannot be recovered from.

The claim was that people had come back from brain death, and as they had been braindead it was impossible to assign their experience to an altered brain state. This was a retarded claim.
>>
>>18795462
4U
>>
>>18795394

Your friend has found peace, I assure you. The only damnation is coming from his own family.

He is not in Hell, because the Christendom concept of Hell is completely false.

If he for whatever reason is indeed in the place Christendom calls ''Hell'', the Orion Belt, he is still doing just fine. The Being known as Satan is not a Devil, there is no Hellfire. Those are inventions, scare tactics to encourage the worship of the true Devil - YHVH.
>>
>>18795434

Fuck off. You don't know a damn word you are talking about.
>>
>>18797315
I'm not attacking you. I'm understanding you. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141007092108.htm

Here's an example of a skeptical study which empirically found claims to be true. Of course, you must reject this study, because it challenges your world view too greatly.
>>
>>18797322
They were brain dead because the brain "shut down." As in, no neurons were firing. And yet they report of experiences even after the brain shut down.
>>
>>18795743

If you'd actually paid attention to the Scriptures you would know that the Hebrew ''sheol'' is just the word for ''the grave''. You would also know that the Gehenna Jesus of Nazareth spoke of was the valley of Gei Hinnom, where they burned the bodies of the sinners. It was a literal physical place. You would also know there is not one damn Scripture that says Judas Iscariot went to Hell. Show me that one.

You'd also know that Saul of Tarsus aka Paul aka Flavius Josephus was a human worm, a wolf in sheep's clothing, the original Beast, the original Antichrist, the False Prophet Jesus warned of. Pauline Christianity is everything Jesus stood against.

You would also know Jesus' Father was not YHVH and he never claimed so.

I have studied the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures for half a century. These are my conclusions.
>>
>>18797350
>NDE's exist
I wasn't arguing the existence of NDE's, I was arguing your insane position that the recounting of NDE's gives us any information about an afterlife or deity.

>>18797353
No, they were misdiagnosed as braindead when they were merely clinically dead. You know nothing.
>>
you can still get out of hell
>>
File: 1489962322886.jpg (64KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
1489962322886.jpg
64KB, 709x538px
>>18795434
Except energy never fully disappears. So he does still exist.
>>18795394
Ancient Egypt says if he died with a gold ring or anything sellable he's made it to the after life.
>>18795630
Put a gold chain or something worth value on his grave op his ghost should leave ammut and start Coming around
>>18795647
We be kaballa now. The same soul that fragmented from the one.
Vases broke and top kek ensued
>>18795705
If he's a suicide only a metal pendulum preferably gold will work.
>>18795708
Ignore that ita wrong.
>>18795704
Sauce on this genuinely interested
>>18795774
I mean he could also use simon like they did on paranormal Activity.
>>18795901
I mean I've seen angel guides but yeah it's almost impossible to summon them as they don't respond.
Digimon don't always need prices. Sometimes if you use a female they will simply exchange the soul for a girl.
>>18796778
That's untrue. You can have soul contracts ensuring your place in hell and not realizing it.
Everyone can be summoned out of hell even (you) if the price is right.
Four lifetimes is the max in hell for a normal person... Your not the same soul either once you come out. Think pain and then amnesia game tier refreshing on the pain.
>>18796919
So then with this logic god should go to hell since he made it possible to murder his kid.
Also Jesus accepted and never fought to live. That can be interpreted as suicide.
Is Jesus in hell.
>>18797269
Wouldn't you like to know mundane.
>>
>2017
>Believing there is a heaven
>>
>>18797381
>So then with this logic god should go to hell since he made it possible to murder his kid.
I'm not going to defend religious logic because it can't be defended, but this part at least is fairly clear.

>god made it possible to commit suicide
free will
>jesus died
martyrdom is not suicide
>>
>>18797362
You do realize the Jew's interpersonal interpretation of hell is based solely on Egypt and ammut.
It's why he says in the bible "riches won't get you there" and "believe in me" (like Horus)
The burning of the bodies is straight out of the book of the dead. From when the heart is eaten and burns forever.
>>
>>18795394
There are different layers of heaven and only one true hell. No regular person is sent to hell, you must know heavy stuff and break heavy rules to get there. Every person coming to earth is here because they accepted the plan, so that only grants them, at least, the lowest version of heaven. Which is pretty much like earth now, only sickless and eternal.
He'll have a chance to redeem himself before judgment day though.
>>
>>18797386
>2017
>believing you'll still have a chance with stacy
>>
>>18797374
Now you've changed your position subtly. NDEs absolutely violate materialism by showing that consciousness endures without the body. They give us information not normally received by our senses. Hell, 2% of the people in the study recall events that happened to them outside their body... while their brains were off. If that isn't life after death, or consciousness endures on, then I don't know what evidence would qualify for you.

Also, it's interesting how you've now called the study wrong in order to preserve your views. Your mind is struggling to preserve your atheism. It keeps inventing new rationalizations to deal with this reality. They were brain dead because a brain turns "off" 30 seconds after the heart stops beating.
>>
>>18797406
So if you consort with demons on daily basis what flavour of hell do you get.?

Anyone have the general rundown of the layers of hell and heaven.
>>
>>18797381
>Except energy never fully disappears. So he does still exist.
A person is not just their matter and energy. They are also the organization of that matter and energy. Consciousness is an emergent property.

When you turn off a computer the electrons the flowed through the logic switches still exist, but the program that was running (which is an emergent property of the organization of the electrons and logic switches) is gone.
>>
>>18795394
Judaism doesn't even have a hell. Keep reading.
>>
File: 1415044336601.png (109KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1415044336601.png
109KB, 274x231px
>>18797413
>Now you've changed your position subtly
I haven't. You misinterpreted my position.

>NDEs absolutely violate materialism by showing that consciousness endures without the body
They absolutely do not.
>while their brains were off
You keep ignoring that you are wrong about brain death. Those who experience NDE's did not experience brain death. They experienced clinical death. If you cannot overcome this simple misunderstanding your opinion will never have merit.

>you've called the study wrong
No, no I haven't.

You should work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>18797417
Read the study I linked. >>18797350
>>
Why are atheists answering a question regarding religious concepts? They're all repeating the same predictable responses like parrots.

I did some research for you OP, the good news is that suicide does not mean you'll automatically go to Hell, the bad news is that it's still technically 'murder' as defined in the Bible and a sin against God. For all we know your friend may very well already be in a better place now if he had accepted the Christian faith.
>>
File: wow.jpg (122KB, 1268x707px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
122KB, 1268x707px
>>18797413
>They were brain dead because a brain turns "off" 30 seconds after the heart stops beating.
lol wat

The brain can last upwards of six minutes without oxygen (ie blood flow) before permanent brain damage occurs. It takes longer than that to reach brain death.
>>
>>18797423
The existence of NDE's in the clinically dead but not brain dead does not support the idea of an afterlife or mind-body duality.

NDE's do not occur with brain death. They occur with clinical death.

There's a reason they're called NEAR death experiences.
>>
>>18797424
>committed murder
>did not repent because died
>unrepentent sinner at heaven's gates
yeah, nah, if Christianity is true (it's not) he's in hell.
>>
>>18797422
Their brains were off. As in, no brain activity. Tell me, how does consciousness exist without brain activity? You claim to call the study right, but reject its conclusion. These are people who suffer their brains turning off, but somehow recall experiences.

>>18797428
>>18797429

Fair enough. I realize how I used the terms wrong. But there is no mental activity when the heart stops beating. Yet somehow, consciousness endures.
>>
>>18797439
>there is no mental activity when the heart stops beating
You keep saying this but nothing supports this idea whatsoever. There is an aside in the article you linked that loss of brain activity within 30 seconds of cardiac arrest is typical but it is by no means a hard and fast rule. In fact I can find no other support for this idea that all brain function secedes within seconds of arrest, all sources I can find only discuss the 6-minute oxygen rule. In fact, in looking for anything to support your claim all I found were articles exclaiming that the brain does indeed function after cardiac arrest and/or clinical death.

Even if that weren't the case, it is not reasonable to jump to spiritual conclusions based on the evidence given; there are far more likely alternate explanations that must be ruled out.
>>
>>18795413
Except it is statistically proven people
with high iq's an hero.

The problem is that we live in a world where logic is frowned upon and not
thinking isn't encouraged.

If you're suicidal just adopt a dumb lifestyle and you might feel better.

You're not broken. You're most likely
not wrong about your feelings but
this planet is trash.
>>
>>18797489
>statistically people with high IQ's an hero
Let's assume you're perfectly average.

For some reason or another you get yourself put into a special ed course. Everyone around you is 20-40 IQ points lower than you. Think about how frustrating it must be to spend all day with people who after much effort can't grasp things that are completely intuitive to you

This is how someone with a high IQ feels every second of every day
>>
>>18797464
>Even if that weren't the case, it is not reasonable to jump to spiritual conclusions based on the evidence given; there are far more likely alternate explanations that must be ruled out.

Consciousness violates materialism. The double slit experiment is an example of how consciousness defies materialism. here is another example of consciousness defying materialism. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170125093823.htm or best yet, look at remote viewing as an extreme case of consciousness defying materialism, to the point where intelligence agencies utilize it.

The problem of materialism is that it's like creationism. It hides in the gaps unwilling to address its own inconsistencies when evidence emerges against it. Then again, people fear religion which is why people cling to Atheism in the first place. And I don't blame them.
>>
File: 1372344194578.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1372344194578.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>18797517
>the double slit experiment
>having anything to do with consciousness
You don't understand what people mean by the word "observation" in quantum mechanics.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Go talk to a science teacher.
>>
>>18797526
Then take the time to refute me. After all, this should be an easy attack. I sense fear though, otherwise you would've struck.
>>
File: tin-foil-hat[1].jpg~c200.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tin-foil-hat[1].jpg~c200.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>18797517
>intelligence agencies use remote viewing
you dropped this
>>
>>18797416
Just one hell anon. Think of this as an office, a workplace, a corporation. Being down in the chain you just follow, comply and basically obey. If you spy on said office to the competition you might get fired or get a forts warning but that's all.
However if you're top class on the company you know thing. You no longer believe, you know. So, if you say something you must keep private, or if you brake rules there, sanction is more severe.
The more you do, the more you know.the more you know, the higher the reward but also the punishment.
>>
>>18797509

join mensa
>>
>>18797517
>The double slit experiment
>the actions of photons prove consciousness durr durr durr

You actually don't know what that experiment even entailed do you?
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (82KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding.jpg
82KB, 584x389px
>>18797536
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_(quantum_physics)
>>
>>18797543
He's one of the tools that heard that the existence of an observer collapses the probability function that creates the interference pattern and didn't understand that "observer" wasn't referring to a consciousness.
>>
>>18797539
Come on man. The government declassified a bunch of documents claiming to utilize this.

>>18797546

Not really an argument. But then again, I'm unsure you can make one.

>>18797559
Now that's an argument. Why does the particle change whether or not it's observed? Why should that matter? Remember, if materialism is true, it should be irrelevant what is being watched. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
>>
>>18797590
>Come on man. The government declassified a bunch of documents claiming to utilize this.
No, they declassified a bunch of documents where they tested RV and it failed miserably. US psi-ops research existed because morons in the military fell for Russian disinfo campaigns.

> Why does the particle change whether or not it's observed?
Ok, I'm gonna need you to go read the wiki article anon linked because you still are misunderstanding what is meant by observer.

It has nothing to do with consciousness or being watched. The observer in the two-slit experiment is not alive.
>>
I want to take a moment and thank everyone whose responded to my comments. 4chan is like a whetstone for the thought.
>>
>>18797546
>>18797590
In quantum mechanics, "observation" is synonymous with quantum measurement and "observer" with a measurement apparatus and "observable" with what can be measured

>observer is a measurement apparatus
do measurement apparatuses have consciousness, anon?
>>
>>18795394
Do you believe in reincarnation? In what I've read (the law of one) suicide is reported as this.
>the death by suicide causing the necessity for much healing work and, shall we say, the making of a dedication to the third density for the renewed opportunity of learning the lessons set by the higher self.

Whether this is true or not, I think loving your friend unconditionally and accepting his choices and forgiving him may be the most helpful thing for everyone, including the family maybe.
Sorry for your loss. It's a sad story and It's very sad how the family seems to be reacting to this as well. Best wishes. :)
>>
>>18795394
>except maybe for islam
jannat is haram for someone who commits suicide. isis dont read quran.
>>
>>18797597
I'm afraid we are going to have to agree to disagree. The fact that measuring something changes something shows materialism is off, and if you watched the video I linked, they did an experiment where they show particles retroactively emerge back into wave functions if their point of origin is unclear. Also, project stargate got cancelled because of a scandal rather than ineffectiveness.
>>
>>18797655
>The fact that measuring something changes something shows materialism is off
No, it doesn't. This is not a matter of disagreement this is a matter of you fundamentally misunderstanding quantum mechanics.

That quantum particles appear to function in a probabilistic manner until they interfere with something in no way challenges materialism.
>>
File: lno.jpg (2MB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
lno.jpg
2MB, 887x900px
>>18795394
Suicidal people are already living in hell.
To them the Devil is mercy.
>>
>>18797620
>do measurement apparatuses have consciousness, anon?

That cuts at the heart of the matter.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
>>
File: No.png (41KB, 114x224px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
41KB, 114x224px
>>18797666
>quantum physics debunks materialism
>>
>>18797659
>That quantum particles appear to function in a probabilistic manner until they interfere with something in no way challenges materialism.

Watch the tom Campbell video. The measuring device they use doesn't interfere with the proton. >>18797590

>>18797674
Come on and argue then. I'm outnumbered and outgunned. Should be a curbstomp.
>>
>>18797685
>observation on the quantum scale doesn't involve interference
You went full retard
>>
>guys the consensus on physics is totally wrong
>the explanation of why is in a youtube video asking for donations and not a math-backed paper in a physics journal
Hmmmm
>>
If hell is not real, it is mans duty to create Hell. Through advanced science, we need to be able to learn and control how the human brain works. By taking criminals and bad people, locking them up, and make them suffer, for 1000s and 1000s of years. Through holograms, illusion, a whole new universe in their brain which is more real than the waking world, one where they can burn and hurt, endlessly without the worries of real physics or the bodys natural pain-relievers dulling their suffering.
Man will then use his power of space/time to go back and search through every individual who has ever lived. We will take each evil person, each person who has lied, each person who has stolen, each person who was a tyrant and whos action hurt the world, they will be judged by man, and be put into Hell.

Like wise, all the great minds of the world, all the scientists, the great humans, the good humans, will have their dna cloned or altered so they have more perfect bodies, they can live in Tomorrow-Land, a land akin to StarTrek, where they can truly pursue happiness and knowledge.
>>
>>18797269
the 7th seal was opened, and they sacrificed themselves to close up the gates of hell.
>>
>>18797709
Fair point. but you forget that the study he quotes had already been peer reviewed and is just being ignored by the consensus. Which is the point he brings up.

>>18797697
You, on the other hand, ran out of arguments and just relied on ad hominem attacks. More importantly, the whole idea of "observation must be interference" is a weak band aid to defend materialism, but I'm aware of it now. (Hence the whetstone)
>>
>>18797738
>the whole idea of "observation must be interference" is a weak band aid to defend materialism
Actually, no, the idea that taking measurements at the quantum scale requires interference is established fact.
>>
>>18797716
Please don't advocate for even more suffering. :(
>>
>>18797743
The Earth also being the center of the universe was an "established" fact.

I'm going to log off now. I apologize OP for taking the discussion OT but I learned a lot and what I got wrong. I'll pray for your friend at 10 pm tonight and hope he finds God.
>>
>>18797762
If hell is not real, then it needs to be created!!! How many Christians have damned you? You make the hell and you put them into it. It was their own evil concept that created it, not you. How can anyone not advocate justice?
If you alone harnessed the power of God, would you not separate the good from evil? Please tell me you are not a sjw who thinks all people are good and equal. Have you never met groups of black people?
>>
>>18797847
I believe in forgiveness though and I don't like making people suffer. I'm definitely not an SJW, but my belief is actually that All Is One, and that all are part of one creator, even the most evil people. And I definitely don't think revenge is justice...
:)
>>
>>18797847
>>18797870
I also don't believe in hell so I don't care if people have damned me. They hurt themselves more with their hatred, if they did, than they hurt me. I wish them well and hope they can get past that and that's all... I don't like suffering. I think even punishment should maybe not even exist even in the legal sense. Only preventative measures to stop dangerous people, but no punishments or inflictions of suffering... That's my ideal.
I know it may sound unrealistic or naive, but I believe your system would only cause more suffering to you as well. Hatred is not a fun place to dwell in my opinion.... That's a hell I believe exists...
>>
>>18797901
:)
>>
File: owtheedge.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
owtheedge.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
>>18795413
>>
>>18797063
Haha good question! I bet that anon has a two-figure IQ, anyhow.
>>
>>18797436
It's between him and God, Christ died for humanity's sins so he did not need to necessarily take the Eucharist in order to make it to Heaven, heathen.
>>
>>18795394
Hell doesn't real. By trying to intervene you are saying you know better than the big guy. Knowing better than him and asking for help doesn't add up.
>>
File: 1482882618518.png (224KB, 1200x3075px) Image search: [Google]
1482882618518.png
224KB, 1200x3075px
>>18796173
>>18796192
>>18798432

t. Reddit
>>
>>18795394
im sorry about your loss and its bittersweet that you're trying to help him out. your friend is somewhere else now, and not a single human on this planet can tell you where he is. things happen for a reason sometimes, but no need to drive yourself nuts about it. despite what the other anons said, dont forget about your friend. who knows, you might meet them when you die
>>
>>18797601
<3
>>
>>18795908
>Pentecostal here
confirmed for batshit crazy and dancing with snakes

lolz, i grew up in a Pentecostal church they are pretty kooky people for sure. You should research "eternal" hell more it's not what you think it is. No one knows for sure but I believe it is real but it is not eternal the king james got it wrong.
>>
>>18795413
t. illuminati shill
>>
>christians
Suicides going to hell doesn't make any sense. These people are suffering so bad they'd rather die than continue living. Why would a god punish his own people for suffering? That makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>18795416
>tell him
Tell him how? Using an ouija? Nop, I'm ok
>>
>>18799732

If you watch NDE videos of people who have tried to commit suicide some go to hell and some don't. I think the reason you did it and your circumstance behind doing it effects where you end up.

If it's something really stupid and selfish like killing yourself over a break up in a rage your probably not going to end up in a good place. Because your actions effected friends and family and made their lives worse.

But if you have health problems and just can not go on any longer due to pain or completely unavoidable circumstances i think you would be a lot better off.

Either way i do not believe hell is eternal the bible has more written in it that leans towards universal reconciliation and the eternal hell stuff was just shitty translation. Jesus died for everyone's sins but some who never accepted him or done very evil things will have to be cleansed in fire.
>>
>>18799796
The religious texts of pretty much every other faith talk about "hell" as a transitory thing, so I'm inclined to agree that there was some sort of translation problem with the christian texts.
>>
>>18799732
You make a good point.
I have to slave and slave over the church or I have no options in life, no food, no home to rent, and I become a guilty mother fucker with 8 people asking me "where were you last Sunday" when I don't make it.
I have to walk a mile there with horrifying physical ailments regardless of temperature, which is torture all winter, and I can't be in the sunlight for more than 2 or 3 minutes, which is torture all summer.
And then they have to ask questions that nearly always require a lie because you are a "bad person" automatically if you don't come or your alarm goes off.
Then I have money problems and fall back on the rent, more lies and excuses.

It's like they want you to be a terrible, lying piece of shit and I can assure you the rest of the patrons are exactly that.

And then your god punishes you for eternity because your life is shit, people take money from you, you suffer to serve him and you have to lie to survive.
It does not sound like a win win situation to me and it will not end up that way.
Costing me pain, poverty, slavery, time, effort, opportunities, work, and my own well being in order to serve someone that is going to damn me to hell for all eternity anyways is a SHIT FUCKING DEAL and I am completely on board with you there.
>>
speaking about this dark topic i'm curious about something. i'm christian but not really a good one. i like the idea of praying but i'm pretty sure when i'm doing un-christian stuff god wouldn't want me praying to him.

can i do something like pray to satan to help me win at the horse races, etc without actually having to give up my soul to hell?

i believe i'm saved because deep down i'm 100% in line with the christian teachings as the truth, but in my day to day life i'm a wretched wretched sinner.

tldr; can the devil help you without actually needing to take your soul?
>>
your soul is just the part of you thats eternal. you can understand it better by realizing facts are eternal, so in a sense your soul is just the set of all timeless facts about your existence, although there may be more to it than that, who knows.

You should read Dante. People often find it easy to wrap their head around by considering the idea of the Eternal Return, the idea that your life runs on a loop forever, that when you die you are born into the same life. However the loop is unnecessary if you understand what it means for a fact to be eternal.
>>
>>18799827
There is a way, but first you're going to have to get really good at fiddle playing...
>>
>>18795413
>No such thing as Hell.
But apparently you'd like to create Hell on Earth for people you don't like. Fuck off.
>>
>>18796989
>Seriously though, the idea of anyone, no matter how evil, being on fire 35 billion years from now is kinda strange, since all their victims would either be with them in the fire or in Heaven, with their time on earth being a microscopic speck in their past that determined billions of years after that.
And if we mere humans can see the problem with that, surely God would as well. Which is why I really don't think there's a Hell.

>>18797244
>You also apparently fail to understand that the mere fact that there are conflicting stories regarding NDE's destroys any credibility they might have had.
If the stories were all exactly the same, you'd just be arguing that that proves it must be the brain fucking up, because every brain is essentially the same.
>>
>>18797716
>If hell is not real, it is mans duty to create Hell.
And in so doing, they will themselves become people who deserve to go to Hell, because the rest of the stuff in your post is completely evil.
>>
>>18795394
>My question is: every religion says a suicidal goes to hell, except maybe for islam. Is there a way he can go to heaven?

Yeah, I believe so. Just keep praying for him, and I'll say a prayer for him too. What's his first name? That's for me, Jesus already knows who I'll be praying about.

I'm Catholic, but I believe, especially in cases of mental anguish and illness, that people who kill themselves will be afforded special dispensation by Jesus. They may end up in purgatory first, not necessarily going to hell. Purgatory is just a stopover to learn some things before getting to Heaven.
>>
>>18799796
>If you watch NDE videos of people who have tried to commit suicide some go to hell and some don't.
I'm pretty sure that's how it is for everyone who has NDEs. I think they've actually shown that there doesn't seem to be a good way to predict who will have a negative NDE, including whether or not it was an attempted suicide.
>>
He won't end up in hell. Anubis and Toth have a system.
>>
>>18799931
>you'd like to create Hell on Earth for people you don't like
Absolutely. There are people alive today that deserve death, and there are dead people in history that need to pay for their actions.
We must time machine and view all crimes committed by the evil person. Catalog each evil seeing how it negatively effected the world or other people. You add up the evils, the murderers, the pain they caused. And then you put those people into a infinite hell. A little box where they exist forever. It may be a facsimile of their brain, it maybe electronic or replica. It may be a usb drive with their soul.
Only the most evil people would resent this, because their secrets will no longer be theirs, it will be shown to the all others, forever they will wear the mark of how they lived. Judged by all their peers. A wonderful hell of maximum pain beyond the human limits, using their own fears along with unimaginable pain they could have never guessed.
This is for every Christian that ever lectured another. This is for all Muslims that followed the teaching of a fictional book. All murderers and child killers. Everyone who was wrong, will eat their words. They imagined hell to subjugate others, we will give them the real hell to make them pay.
>>
>>18800417
No one deserves that. No one. Not even sociopathic sadists like you who want to inflict it on others. You are in dire need of psychological help.
>>
>>18800475
What are you a thirteen year old girl?

Grow up. Heaps of people deserve hell. Liberals are soo blindly ignorant. Unfortunate truth that ignorance is next to evil and democrats too will rot in hell for damage they done to the world and fellow man.
>>
>>18795416
hes already dead wtf
>>
There are so many assumptions present in the basis theories that need to be examined in order to come to a reasonably sound understanding. With only my personal experience as a guide, I find that something of the complex electromagnetic signature carries long past the destruction of the body.
One cousin of mine used suicide. For her, it was a release. Her body was not sick but perhaps her life was. She did not even hint at it as she made a round of visits to relatives to say her goodbyes. My grandmother called me when she came there to have me talk to her and I noticed how extremely happy she was. It was out of place.. so much so that I mentioned it to people that she seemed elated to an extreme.. and with all the bad stuff going on in her life that was unexplainable.
About two years later that grandmother had a stroke and the day it happened the nurses called my uncle. The first thing that they asked was about the name of that cousin.. they mentioned that my grandmother had been speaking to someone by that name all day. She spent the last month of her life peacefully unable to talk. I'm going to go ahead and mention that I consider that grandmother to have been gifted with significant cognitive aptitudes and much of my own were at least confirmed if not enhanced by close association with her. The morning that she passed I saw in dream a woman perhaps in her 30s waiting in something like a train station. We talked briefly. I didn't recognize her because I had known her as being much older.
My point is that even if your personal capabilities to verify the persistence of consciousness, your inabilities have no bearing on the cognitive perceptions of those who are open to such experiences.

My understanding is, that although we are deeply anchored in our bodies, our consciousness is just as connected to the material of this planet as it is to the material of our bodies. The magnetic field of this planet holds all our data just as efficiently as our physical brain.
>>
Has anybody here survived a suicide attempt?
Did you feel regret?
>>
>>18800932
Are you okay mentally? You probably should be committed.
>>
>>18800897
i have a friend who did. always dat sad eyes full of regret when anybody mentions 'suicide attempt'. he never jumps on the talk tho.
>>
>>18800932
is this a new hip-hop dance craze?
reminds me of michael jackson's anti-gravity lean
>>
File: Lift.jpg (388KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Lift.jpg
388KB, 600x394px
>>18800884
We humans postulate for our own sake.

Consciousness shines as beacon to guide our souls through the aether.

I offer my prayers for the spirit of your cousin and grandmother. For the perseverance of memory, there remains a transcendent bond to loved ones lost. That family tree of our species may shake in the wind, but through existence we experience the nodal points of strength in the branches.
>>
>>18799384
Autismo, you've returned from the Lucha circuit to sperg out among us once more
>>
>>18799827
Bad news if you buy into the "once saved, always saved" shit

And that's that it's shit
>>
>If the stories were all exactly the same, you'd just be arguing that that proves it must be the brain fucking up, because every brain is essentially the same.

It is the brain fucking up. It can fuck up in a lot of ways. There's no good reason to think it isn't the brain fucking up unless you just want to believe it's something more.
>>
>>18800417
>>18800543

This is like something Harlan Ellison would write. If he were retarded. "I have no waifu, but I must be cuckd"

Nice go of it, though
fake edgelord/10
>>
>>18800932
I don't think you know what justice means. Or karma. Or stupid, if you're without a mirror.
>>
Having a mental illness isn't a sin.

Hell is very real, but very few people go there. It is empty. I visit the spiritual universe when I dream and have seeen Heaven and Hell. Your friend will be okay and is in the spiritual world with the rest of them.
>>
File: 1476771654042.jpg (187KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1476771654042.jpg
187KB, 498x558px
I'm going to commit suicide very soon. Clinical depression for the past 7-8 years, tried most everything there is but I've had enough. Lately I've been having surreal thoughts about the legitimacy of life and our perception of it.

Like, what if when you off yourself, you suddenly wake up to find that you were sitting in some simulator 2000 years in the future, living the life of some dude from 2k years ago?
Or if life is predetermined when you're born, that either you or another entity chose your destiny upon birth.
What if you're immediately born again when you die somewhere in the world.

A lot of different thoughts running through my head lately, I can't write them all down but it's the one thing interesting me atm.
>>
>>18795394
Hell isn't what most think it is
Neither is heaven
The state your friend was in when he killed himself, he's going to keep dealing with it until he pushes past it, just like everything we go through in life.
That's what ghosts are, they are stuck on something, mostly attached very strongly to something in some way.
He'll get through it. It just takes some time for some people.
His family is right, praying for him and encouraging people to do that will help him. It won't make him go forward himself, but it can empower him to make that decision.
If you don't believe in prayer, just keep him in your thoughts. Remember what you love about him.
>>
>>18801579
Skype.
[email protected]
lets talk about your thoughts on life
>>
>>18801000
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg
>>
>>18801579
Please don't kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>18802519
Im sorry friend. I just completed writing a letter there. It took me a while to even make up my mind about writing one but if theres anyway it can help, I hope it does.

>>18801617
As for you, sorry friend I just don't want to converse. I came to the conclusion long ago that I am incompatible with society and would just rather have these last few days to reflect on stuff. No offence meant.
>>
File: IMG_0682.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0682.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
>>18795394
Belief. The idea that there is time to review all the stuff we do. And hold people accountable(Kek). Relativity is paramount. Hard enough just to keep things running. Rest In Peace. As long as it lasts. Hell is a human invention.
>>
>>18799796
Would people with clinical depression or things like be considered medical?
>>
>>18801579
Do not end thyself.
>>
>>18800932

he's wearing a shirt that says "just do it" lol is this real? that's fucked up hahaa
>>
>>18801579
>Like, what if when you off yourself, you suddenly wake up to find that you were sitting in some simulator 2000 years in the future, living the life of some dude from 2k years ago?
>Or if life is predetermined when you're born, that either you or another entity chose your destiny upon birth.
Oddly enough, that's pretty much exactly how things are, according to people who study this stuff. Physical life basically *is* a simulator that we step into to have one experience or another, and we *do* set it up to an extent before we're born. Physical life is essentially an RPG. We play a character here, and our real self is who we are in the spiritual world. When we reincarnate into a physical life, we deliberately make ourselves forget who we really are, for maximum immersion.
>>
File: 1382804270191.jpg (29KB, 478x261px) Image search: [Google]
1382804270191.jpg
29KB, 478x261px
>>18795413
>>
File: 1408913166902.jpg (70KB, 486x300px) Image search: [Google]
1408913166902.jpg
70KB, 486x300px
>>18799384
>s-someone called me edgy!
>gosh darn it, i'll show them, i'll say they're from reddit!

dont you have christians to harass on facebook or something?
>>
>>18795743
>Judas went to hell for betraying Jesus
It was his role in the prophecy. There is no proof he would be condemed to hell. Was Pontious Pilot or the soldier who speared Jesus sent to hell also? Not nessasarily.
>>
File: 1477983134310.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1477983134310.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>18800932
>all stupid/suicidal people need to kill themselves
But give a poorfag like me with the will to live, your money.
>>
>>18804808
>yes goyim just give me your shekels and kill yourself, i'll keep them safe
>>
>>18795413
So why haven't you jumped yet?
>>
>>18804789
Isn't there even some lost part of the Bible or something that says Judas was actually acting on Jesus' orders and was, in fact, the most trusted and dedicated disciple?
>>
>>18795901
This post screams supernatural fanboy, but it also doesnt.
>>
File: wellmemed.jpg (14KB, 410x261px) Image search: [Google]
wellmemed.jpg
14KB, 410x261px
>>18804766
Not that anon, but c'mon man. You are in the wrong place.
>>
you dont go to hell. you go to the void.
>>
>>18795479
This is the message of Christianity: Don't educate yourself, just stay as an ignorant slave forever.
>>
>>18797597

HEY FUCKHEAD!
This is bullshit bro.... It did not fail miserably

Multiple credible people including military, intelligence, and federal LEOs used this and it was successful. Go read Psychic Warrior by Maj David Morehouse who was a company commander in the 75th Ranger rgt.

Read any of the books by Joseph McMoneagle.

The Soviets were not doing a "psyop", in fact, multiple other NATO countries were involved in research into the phenomenon
>>
buluehgeh
>>
If you commit suicide you have to start over again in EVEN SHITTIER CIRCUMSTANCES.
>>
>>18800884
Train station? You might as well get too much of that Harry Potter horseshit
>>
>>18795416
>Having critical reading abilites this poor
>>
>>18795403
>like the gorillaz said
That was actually written and sung by Del Tha Funkee Homosapiens, don't be ignorant please.
>>
>>18795442
No. most likely he is in hell. Best you can do is live according to the Bible in holiness with the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>18796778
there is no maximum or minimum time. Hell is eternity.
>>
>>18808312
Which will probably just increase the chances that you'll kill yourself again, and so on.

Whoever set that system up really didn't think it through.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.