[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Meaning of Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

So, /x/. I've been pondering the age-old question "What is the meaning of life?" for the past few years now. The main conclusion I've come upon is the same as many others, that there is no inherent point to our existence. Others that have come to this conclusion seem to have two distinctly separate responses to this:
"There's no meaning to life, woe is me, what's the point in living."

and

"There's no meaning to life, I'm free to do whatever I please!"

For those of you who assume this is correct, what stance do you take on it? The positive side, or the negative side? Or somewhere in between?

Also along these lines, I've found a number of people say that there is a meaning to living, and we're here to learn lessons, and repeatedly live out or lives until we've learned it all. Is there any merit in that? I would argue that, if that is the case, it isn't the meaning of life, but rather the path to discovering the meaning of life. Would enlightenment be discovering that there is no meaning? Have we reached it, and not realized it?

Discussion is welcome.
>>
File: 1483744994609.jpg (41KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
1483744994609.jpg
41KB, 648x348px
I'm interested in seeing this discussed since I think it plays a huge part in my depression. I ain't religious, but it really does give you a reason to live.

Why is life worth living if you're atheist? Pic related can refute if you like
>>
There is no meaning, you rtard.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>18795449
red pill is, space is a hoax, earth is flat, and God probably exist
>>
File: complex_carbohydrate.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
complex_carbohydrate.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
There is no meaning, but there's a purpose for mortality. God was an unconscious infinite which precipitated a mind that chose to not simply imagine, but create the basic concept of others who could think and do. In order to create a soul without reabsorbing it, losing its identity aka forced enlightenment, God had to put displacement between heaven and his souls. The relative displacement effectively created a hell farthest from God, a mid point in the mortal realm, and the budding of heaven from the rest of existence.

Life is the method in which a soul incarnates here in this type of universe within the subrealm the physical realm, where thought is purely for analysis and not direct influence. Instead, mortals indirectly affect the physical through options the thinking organ(s) provide. As such, we become observers which find order in science, math, and instinct. When we "succeed" and die, we move closer to God, and sometimes farther depending on sins and unfair rigging by evil. Some souls also choose to be masochists or stay behind for others avoiding heaven indefinitely. To break the cycle, once in heaven, you may choose to effectively not exist anymore by being reabsorbed into the infinite as mindless potential. But the reason we even have individuality was because we were made to by God. He must have disagreed with the pure state of nirvana if to deviate from it.

TLDR life was made to give you a start and build who you are or aren't. Then you retire with the oldest person ever.
>>
>>18794770
It's living. The meaning is experiencing / Experience is the meaning.
>>
I was 18 once too.
>>
>>18795449
honestly, I just see the point of life to bring more happiness into the world than you take out. It's certainly not what we 'were put on this world for,' but it gives life meaning for sure.
>>
>>18795888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXd1wVijqw
>>
>>18794770
I seem to have come to the same point in my adventure. I do think however it's what you make it. I believe i can create meaning and purpose. I live for my fellow man. My loved ones. My creator. We are all just here and ive chosen to love that.
>>
File: world of tomorrow.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
world of tomorrow.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>18794770
Mostly the latter, because I've accepted absurdism

Life doesnt mean anything, life just is, so dont worry about it. Just keep on living, do what makes you happy and doesnt bring negative consequences to yourself. Just live the life you want to live, and let others do the same if it doesnt conflict with the first part.

Read the dao de ching
>>
>>18794770
There is meaning for one who realizes that he is nothing, and that if he remains he will leave with nothing.
There is even sense in this.

There is sense in everything there is, but not for you, because you are nothing.
Roundabout it can be said that you have a reason to be here, but not one you know about.
That is entirely your own making and does not concern anybody else.

Maybe organic life serves the moon.
Maybe you believe it, maybe you don't.
In any case there is no sense in believing anything.
You have to learn to verify things for yourself.
Without doing this there can never be any real sense for you other than an imagined one.

That is also why this question exists for many people.
Many of you refuse to recognize anything bigger than oneself.
Maybe logicaly, theoreticaly, but actualy not.

So you have nothing and so you can only rely on "I believe" or "I don't believe".
There is nothing else and thus the real answer remains to be put forth.
>>
>>18794770
I don't think another human can tell you that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JShiWrqRgXY
>>
>>18794770
There's no inherent meaning of life, except the biological one - Eat, shit, fuck, give offsprings, die.

But we as humans are conscious of our existence, so I guess you could say that one doesn't count for us 100%. I like to thing the meaning of life is the one one you give yourself. You've got no inherent purpose, and that's amazing, cause you can do pretty much whatever you choose. Get tired of it? Pick something else.

My personal meaning of life, for example, is to learn as much as I can about everything. And have fun doing it. It's a pretty nice and fulfilling one so far, I guess.
>>
>>18795449
you play a game to win.

it's an mmo, when ur a billionaire you try to become a trillionaire and so on.
>>
Learning, that's the whole point. If we werent meant to grow as individuals and learn new shit everyday... then why wouldnt we just be born with all the knowledge in the world. Its the entire point. Growing, Learning, and well.. Death.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.