[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sleep paralysis survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17

File: 1.jpg (291KB, 2640x1980px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
291KB, 2640x1980px
>Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?
>What was it like?
>How old were you when it happened/started happening?
>What was going on in your life at the time?
>Have you or a loved one ever been involved in the occult?
>Do you use drugs?

Please and thank you.
>>
- yes
- spooky, fun, mystical. full spectrum. (over 9000 sp's)
-16 year old. still have them sporadicly. 30 now
-nothing much. highschool
-yes. sister. later me
-yeah. all of them. robotussin was when the sleep paralysis peaked, but the first one was when i wasnt doing anything yet.
>>
>>18793153
-yes
-very scary. sounded like something was walking around my house and entered my room. heard children giggling behind my head and words like "testing"
-22, only experience with sleep paralysis
-nothing really, getting ready for college in the fall
-no
-yes I have, but not anymore
>>
>>18793153
>>Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?
Yes
>>What was it like?
Scary. Dark. One time a figure was standing over my bed. One other time I was being sucked into a dreadful void.
>>How old were you when it happened/started happening?
>>What was going on in your life at the time?
Became increasingly bored and my paranoid schizophrenia began to surface.
>>Have you or a loved one ever been involved in the occult?
No
>>Do you use drugs?
At the time I used weed infrequently
>>

Yes, it's been a few months, though.

>What was it like?

The first few times it was horrifying, I thought I was suffocating or paralyzed, but now it doesn't bother me. Now I can recognize what it is while it's happening.

I was in college.

Changed my sleep schedule and some life stressers (college and relationship bullshit).

I have not, and neither have my parents. Don't know about my cousins, et al.

>Do you use drugs?

No. Not even cigs & alcohol.
>>
>>18793153
I have very mild sleep paralysis and i just can't move for a few seconds and im done.
>>
>>18793166
-Yes, regularly
-Terrifying, every god damn time. A few of those stuck really badly in my memory, especially one where I was convinced I was having a heart attack, that one fucked me up for days
-18 or 19 I think
-When i first started living alone. I wasn't stressing out though, felt kinda liberated and happy to have my own place
-Not that I know of
-Weed, still am today
>>
>>18793153
> I have, yes.
> Scary, thought it was another seizure.
> Since teens + .
> Stress.
> Since v v v young (3)
> Cyclizine (anti-nausea).

ALSO:
Whenever a dream about a real /IRL person, it tends to come true.
That ever happen with you?

>And, bonus Q, d'you dream in colour?
>>
- Yes
- scary, dark, confusing. The one with the biggest impact was shortly before halloween '15, i've been preparing my death costume for 1 week. Death himself visited my budgie and me. Soon after my budgie actually died. I'm grateful he died without suffering though.
- Started happening around 15 yo, although i can't remember my childhood that well, so... Anyways, around 4 times in total. Can sometimes feel myself drifting off into paralysis when falling asleep. Creepy af
- severe depression for years, also my father died when i was 15, i lost a couple friends because we moved from a small rural town to the big city,...
- Never really been involved in the occult myself, but you could say my aunt whom i dont know that well is.
- up until that death himself thingy only done weed.
>>
>>18793153
-yes
-aware of a entity that i perceived to want to harm me, intense unparalleled dread terror etc. i was sweaty, most times unable to move until the last one when i screamed. in my head it was fucking loud but my ears only picked up like a moan from from some one unconscious. this sound was enough to help me move my hand which was near my handgun (i sleep with one by my hand on the bed, dont have kids and i am an amerifat so fuck you i can) i was able to swing the handgun towards the entity which dissipated. my arm was exhausted. and it felt like i had a thousand needles stabbing it the whole time i moved it. like it was moving thru mud made of razors. the entity i have seen i have kind of fought before in my dreams for the record i always won i think . its the kind of dreams that are very vivid i wake up sore and unrested the next day. i have roughly 8 of these all of which stopped after i forced my way thru it.
-i was 17 when it started and 24 when it ended
-my life has never had a steady consistency. there is no relation to these events and outside stimuli that i can perceive. for me atleast
-i am christian , have served in the army some could call them cults i guess. i was once almost kidnapped from a church when i was a toddler around august. the police in my town speculated it may have been for satanic purposes
- the only drug my brain was exposed to before/during this would be depakote. for seizures when i was 10-12 .
>>
Yes, once.
>What was it like?
Pretty scary. I felt completely helpless and scary shit seemed like it was happening around me. Luckily, I had read a lot of stuff about paranormal encounters so I knew what sleep paralysis was. Once I realized what was happening, it wasn't as bad.
Around 9 or 10.
Nothing out of the ordinary, besides being poor and dealing with frequently drunk and abusive parents.
No.
>Do you use drugs?
Bedsides alcohol, no.
>>
>>18793153
>yes
>fucking annoying, I hate sleep paralysis. Ive gotten it so much that I can even feel it coming on
-15/16
-high school i dunno
-not really? i mean im interested in the occult but its not like im going out trying to meet free masons or some shit
-yeah i do drugs
>>
Yes, less than 10 times.. more than 5.
>>What was it like?
Scary at first, i wanted nothing more than for it to never happen again. But at 14 i had 1 sexual experience while in paralysis and i began exploring with " a part of my mind " and my sexuality...but i grew afraid after feeling volnurable and hearing voices and such things and began praying and became a christian..
It happened during different periods. But it does all feel well timed. The paralysis is due to happen before or after i have sex or get really unlucky. Its either Good or really Bad.
Became increasingly bored and my paranoid schizophrenia began to surface.
No...... but my dad was a muslim and married a Christian and they have so many weird stories...seesh knew a guy who studied in a secret school in India, and they could ehm shapeshift into Animals. According to my Dad...
>>Do you use drugs?
Yeah i smoked weed when i became 18.

Worst exp was after sleeping with the little sister of a girl i loved and she loved me and all out friends supported us to be together like they saw it as a good thing. Anyway i fucked her sister who was 15 at the time i was 17. And i had a sure feeling that an entity was watching us and it came and went and id feel twice as horny like my anus was twictching and shed roll her eyez like she felt it too... and when it dissapeard it was normal and anway the dream i had a week after was a woman scractching my wall with the same hands the girl had, the rings and the maroon nail paint.

It was freaky but i think the demon took her form and fucked me cause i felt like that untill i prayed
>>
>>18793559
what the fuck
>>
>>18793153
experiencing it on daily basis for 5 years already
>What was it like?
different each time, a very calm and quite 3 am spook or tripping ass visual, sound and physical hallucinations
first experience at 15
Super depressed and stressed situations in a short period of time. Moving to another city, losing touch with 80% of friends, living in a shitty grandma's house for 4 month, death of my grandpa.
Yes. I was super into Carlos Castaneda since 13. I was practicing his teachings and Lucid dreams since then.
>Do you use drugs?
LSD, Weed, Kratom, MDMA, Mushrooms
>>
>>18793153
Next time add a question about shadow people
>>
>>18793153
Several times.
>>What was it like?
Scary, I can feel the presence of a black figure next to my bed and another in a corner of my room, I start screaming for help and feel pain in my throat for screaming so much but no one comes to my help, eventually something in my mind tells me that is just a dream and I wake up grasping for air and cold sweating. And turns out that I was only dream screaming.
The scariest ones are when the black figures take the shapes of my mom or brothers.
When I was in middle school, 14 or 15 years old.
Lots of stuff, changed schools like 4 times, my mom's divorce from an abusive father, family members trying to send her to a mental hospital...
As far as I know I'm the only one how likes spooky things.
>>Do you use drugs?
No, can't stand the smoke from ciggs and allergic to alcohol.
>>
Yes
The first was scary
20 - 22
Learning about OBE.
No
No
>>
>>18793153
yes
>What was it like?
scary as fuck the first time, kinda interesting after that
nothing special desu
no
>Do you use drugs?
no
>>
>>18793153
sleep paralysis is not paranormal it's a scientific phenomenon
>>
>Yes
>Most of the time it's quite worrying. Sometimes I feel like there's a person in my room trying to smother or suffocate me, other times I hallucinate monsters or giant insects in my room.
>Have had lucid dreams as well, which are really nice.
>Maybe about 16 or 17 when I became aware of what they were, although apparently when I was a kid I had night terrors fairly regularly and often woke up screaming.
>Usually happens in times of stress. It still happens occasionally if I have a lot on my mind.
>Not as far as I know. A few friends did an ouija board once when I was at university but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I was working that evening so I skipped it.
>I have used drugs in the past, but lucid dreams and sleep paralysis started before I touched any substance. Besides that, I've only ever smoked weed and took some mushrooms fairly recently. The mushrooms had a really bad effect on me.
>>
File: 1382748707138.png (263KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
1382748707138.png
263KB, 341x500px
You stupid fags willingly fill surveys made by WHO KNOWS to gather all your psychological data.

Even if is just a marketing agency, you are very stupid.
>>
>>18794609

Calm down, anon. This thread is far less invasive than most around here.
>>
>>18793153
Yes
>What was it like?
All episodes are different. Some auditory, some visual, some both. The most interesting of my incidents would take too long to type out. None last very long, 5 minutes max
15 or 16
Rigorous high school program, found out my dad was cheating on my mom, denying my sexuality
Not that I'm aware of, but my mom also suffered from sleep paralysis. She grew out of it fast, but I have not
>Do you use drugs?
Alcohol is a wonderful thing. I never have sleep paralysis after drinking. It only happens when I'm sober
>>

Yes. All the time

>What was it like?

It varies. Sometimes I feel more asleep, sometimes I feel more awake. Sometimes it's vivid, sometimes I feel like I'm halfway in a dream, halfway out.

Around freshmen in high school, I would have it very, very rarely. It started happening full force around my mid 20s.

They say stress and anxiety is a major factor, and that would make total sense. I lived a pretty abusive life.

Ugh. No...

>Do you use drugs?

Used to be on opiates real bad. I'm taking Suboxone now, so I still kinda am..synthetically.

The worst parts of sleep paraylis are A: You always feel like you're hearing people talk or something. You get this fear that people are trying to break in your house and you can't break free. You never get used to it, or atleast I don't.

B: This weird electric pain in my head. Like really loud noise. It comes in waves. I for a long time thought I was having seizures in my sleep.

THen there are times when I have some type of control, and I feel like I can fly out the window. I often, I guess dream that I'm snooping around in my neighbors house. The farther away from my body I get, the less control I have in what I see and what I can do willingly.
>>
>>18793153
>Yes, about 2 years ago
>Weird, but I became self aware and forced my eyes shut before it got 2spooky
>I was 18 at the time
>I was in my first semester of college and working. I was making a lot of new friends and was content with life
>Both myself and mother are involved with the occult
>I was not on drugs at the time. The only drugs I have used were anti depressants my first year of high school and advil when my head hurts.
>>
>>18793153
Surveys are gay
>>
Yeah and it was fucking terrifying. I distinctly remember my blanket being over my face whilst I was paralysed which made breathing sort of difficult so I was afraid that I was going to suffocate. I also may have thought that I was going to be stuck the way I was at that moment permanently because I didn't yet know what exactly I was dealing with.Other than that nothing else scared me. I have no recollection of being visited by The Hat Man, The Old Hag or any other shadow people whilst experiencing sleep paralysis.
>>
File: 9780448089577.jpg (47KB, 287x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780448089577.jpg
47KB, 287x450px
>>18793153
Yep, but just once.
>What was it like?
Woke up, blanket was off (i remember feeling like they had been "pulled off" but same difference), couldn't move, and kept sensing something - like a creature of some sort - just out of the corner of my eyes and roaming around the room, and saw lights from outside shining into the room. Vividly remember something darting behind a large pile of stuffed animals as well as the feeling that something was below the window (2nd story), like a rocketship. Also a weird perception of time moving faster than it should, which probably doesn't make sense and is difficult to describe.
The biggest memory i have of it is being completely terrified and it feeling like it lasted forever.
I was in 3rd or 4th grade.
Normal american kid stuff. I can't recall now if I was having an especially stressful time or anything. I do recall blaming the nightmare on a particular Hardy Boys story I was reading before I fell asleep (pic related) tho don't remember the story and from looking it up, I don't see how that caused a nightmare. Maybe just the cover art?
Doubt it, but who knows?
>Do you use drugs?
Nothing past the normal experimenting during high school/college. Nothing harder than weed in years.
>>
>>18793153
Yes.
>What was it like?
Only had an episode when I would lay on my back on my roomate's couch, and it would usually last for a few minutes before I would fall back to sleep. No hallucinations, just aware that I'm awake but unable to move
Struggling through college, losing a lot of friends, involved in a relationship that was slowly dying
Nope, but I dated a girl in high school who was into Wicca if that counts.
>Do you use drugs?
Nay.
>>
>>18793153
- Yes
- Terrifying, Not really sleeping or awake. Can't breath, talk or move. Feels like forever until I snap out of it or someone wakes me.
- Started a long time ago when I was a kid I think and continues to happen randomly.
- Life
- No. I don't think so anyway.
- Tylenol everyday.
>>
>Ever Experienced?
Yes, obviously.
>What was it like
It awakens a very rare form of primal fear. Your mind is mostly awake, but has a layer of dreaminess over it. Yet the fear you feel is a fear you only feel when you are 100% lucid. It's a type of fear you would get if there was a murderer standing over you.

Thankfully, I've only had it happen to me once. I was laying in bed after waking up, a slow wakeup, and I realized I couldn't move. There was a dim daylight streaming through my window, as if the sun was about halfway done rising, but dark enough that there was still a shadow on the corner of the wall near my door. In my paralysis, I saw a man with a bowler hat enter my room, opening my door slightly, and walk slowly to the darkened corner, where he stood for what felt like 5 minutes. Think the icon for "incognito mode", his entire body was dark, as if made of shadow. I was trying to scream and move the whole time.

Then, suddenly, I snapped into reality, with the bowler man gone, and felt a sense of sublime relief.

>How old was I
I was 16

>What was going on in your life
My sister had cancer, I was fairly lonely, and my parents were going through a divorce. Still, this was not at the apex of my stress. In fact, this occured in a relatively stress-free time for me.

>Occult
Nope. I don't think anyone in my family was either.

>Drugs.
Not then
>>
hello friend surveyor

yes, on and off, and up until recently almost always while I was on my back. I recently had it on my side for the first time. I didn't know that was possible.
>What was it like?
textbook definition desu. I become aware and cannot move and there is a feeling of dread around me. I get out of it by screaming and wiggling my extremities.
can't quite remember, I want to say teens.
Can't remember. I can say that I would be more predisposed to it if I was away from a significant other, assuming I had one.
Not specifically and not to my knowledge but my maternal side has always been spiritually sensitive and I am also.
>Do you use drugs?
Not as much any more, I was a regular user of alcohol, cannabis, and caffeine. I still partake but not nearly as much as I used to (maybe once a month though I have been drinking coffee/tea a fair amount lately)
>>
>>18795279
You must have been watching some fucked up porn.
>>
>>18793153
>Yes
>It's like your body is lead, you can't move right and if you move too fast you hallucinate.
>I was four or five when it started, I was also having night terrors.
>I just got moved into my toddler bed, but my cousin wore a skeleton mask that bled for halloween and fucked me up.
>Maybe my real dad, but he's been in prison for most of my life, since I was three or four at least, he became pagan in prison.
>I do not use drugs, I smoked marijuana once when I was 17 ate funyuns and laughed, nothing spooktakular.
>>
I've had occasional sleep paralysis since I was a child, I used too think it was alien abduction or something. I now know that wasn't true and am able too control the instinct of fear when this is happening. Most of the time I can just let myself fall back into sleep. Luckily for me during sleep paralysis my eyes have never been open or only barely open so I've never seen entities in my room or near my bed. Recently I had the wierdest experience in sleep paralysis I have ever had, my mind woke up and I was feeling fucking INTENSE vibrations shooting through my whole body in waves, it felt like I was being electrocuted without the pain but it was very nearly painful. At first it was so pleasurable I thought I was coming out of a wet dream and was orgasming but after a few waves I realized that wasn't what it was and I started too get scared. I wish I had read about the vibrations before so I could have relaxed and enjoyed a nice OOB in the astral plane. Now I hope everynight too experience that again, I feel like I missed out on an experience I was supposed too have. The vibrations + the sound in my head were just TOO much though and my spirit was probably not ready / in-tune for what comes next.
>>
I'd also add this happened coincidentally only after I have recently begun meditation and mindfulness exercises. I have also been consuming large quantity of plant alkaloids which I have heard are conductive too this experience.
>>
I get it maybe once every 3 or 4 years. I am actually force myself out of it and wake up. Just use will power. Force with all your might to clench your fist. Get angry. Your heart will start pumping that adrenaline and wake you up pretty quick. I can do it but I haven't seen anyone else saying they can.
>>
>>18793153
>Yes, once
>Very minor, wasn't even fully awake enough to freak out. Couldn't open my eyes or move, but heard someone open my door
>19 or 20, fairly recently
>Was learning more about wiccan and magic, becoming more aware of the paranormal
>I haven't, and I've no idea.
>No
>>
>>18793153
1. Yes all the time. I get it several times a week.
2.Something in between a Dmt trip and a normal dream.
3.As far back as I can remember. I'm currently 34.
4.Happens all the time so question is not relevant.
5.No that's for people who want to belong to something, like any Religion.

6. Yes I have always used drugs. There isn't much that you consume that isn't a drug.

But I use illegal drugs as well
>>
>>18793153
>Yes
>First time was the most horrifying one and scariest moment in my life. Felt a black ghost girl walking through my room approaching and trying to crush my heart.
Later managed to get a bunch of weaker once. Always ended up in a Lucid Dream after breaking out of SP
>22 I think?
>Failing my Physics Major, Father dying of Cancer, failing at life in general
>Not that I know of, though my mother has sleep paralysis too (She actually screams in her sleep and I had to wake her up multiple times) and she's pretty superstitious so I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to contact ghosts in her youth
>No
>>
>>18793153
>yes
>13 and 17 maybe not sure
>shitty things as usual
>i don't think so
>no

one day i woke up and saw something sitting on me i couldn't move i've tried to scream then my parrents heard me and came it was gone.

other one was like i woke up but i couldn't see anything like i'm blind i've freakout and tried to yell again my father came and said calm down managed to wake up properly.
>>
>>18793153
Once.
>What was it like?
Horrifying. I was asleep on my stomach at the time, it felt like someone was sitting on my back. I couldn't breathe for a few seconds or open eyes.
Around 7-8.
Not much. I had a normal childhood.
My best friend practices magic, and my mother has tried using a Ouija board to no avail.
>Do you use drugs?
No.
>>
>>18793153
-woke up to people screaming at my ear
-realized what it was so i dare not open my eyes or think about it
- screaming gets louder
- after a few minutes, screaming dies down, then i regain control over my body.
-rushes to turn lights on and plays video games to pass the time till morning
>>
- no
- n/a
- n/a
- n/a
- no
- very occasionally weed and various psychedelics
>>
File: NOMOUTH.jpg (24KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
NOMOUTH.jpg
24KB, 284x253px
>>18793153
>Frequently
>I think I wake up, but I'm always unable to move my body. There's normally shadow figures in the room with me. I try to scream or say anything but I can't.
>Like 6
>My parents have always had a shit marriage. They would get in fights like every night, shit would get smashed and they were emotionally abusive as a result. (Somehow they're still together though like 16 years later)
>No
>No
>>
File: 1487484034887.png (47KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
1487484034887.png
47KB, 518x518px
>>18793153
Yes

I wake up, slightly shivering along my back, usually with a bit of a cold sweat (no, it's not a seizure, I am 100% certain about that because I'm fully conscious and it's very subtle)

Then I just sit there frozen, occasionally I feel like there is a presence of some kind watching me just out of my field of view. The presence doesn't feel evil, it's just a bit spooky to not see it. When I manage to turn myself to "look" at it, I usually just pass out and fall asleep again before I see anything.

It started probably when I was 13 or 14, hasn't happened for a long time though.

My life was normal

No occult. There's nothing mystical about sleep paralysis, it's just a weird brain "glitch" if you will.

No drugs. I'm too boring for that.
>>
>yes and it was fucking amazing
>exactly 9 figures, one small one fucking giant, one w/ horns one with one broken off and the rest with none.
>its been happening for about 3 years now
>depressed
>no i dont think so
>yeah i used to do lsd and dmt but was running out of money.
>>
>>18793153
Yes

It was actually kind of wierd... you are inside your body but at the same time you are not.

So I noticed I had no breath my eyes were half open but in reality they were closed. But in SP they are half open. Kind of wierd I know.

I was I think 17 when it happened

Nothing much was in high school regular stuff

No, I'm way too smart for that

Do you use drugs
Not currently I have smoked weed before not before the SP
>>
>>18794609
>being this big a jew
Hi op here, I want to Gather data because I want to see if it lines up with my own experience
>>
>>18795435
I did I'm the poster above with the handgun. So there are at least two of us.
>>
>>18794609
It's hardly a legal psych profile, and this Intel is useless for marketing. What are you gonna sell adult night ligts?
>>
>>18793391
Sorry about your budgerton, anon
>>
much more frequently as a teen than now
>What was it like?
scary. it sounds like a thousand screaming voices with slight visual disturbances
high school, nothing major. I do live in hawaii and I've read that there are a lot of people here who experience sleep paralysis because of volcanic activity
not beyond reading Crowley for shits
>Do you use drugs?
no
>>
File: 1479740029063.jpg (311KB, 779x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479740029063.jpg
311KB, 779x1024px
>>18793153
Yes, I had a period of very intense deep terror with shadow people and alien abductions, then several years later I'd experience sleep paralysis but without the shadow people/demonic aliens
>>What was it like?
It was like drinking ginger beer.
I was 19
I was using a lot of drugs smoking weed every day and I was also living with my very abusive mother who actively practiced back magick, and would threaten me with curses up to and including summoning Satan to attack me in my sleep (her words)
See above,
>>Do you use drugs?
I used to be a walking pharmacy but now I just smoke weed
>>
>>18796561
Noice! You obviously have great will power.
That happens to me too, when I scream as hard as I can in dreams, I find my waking body making weak moaning sounds that partially wakes me up.
I though think of it as supernatural in any way, but the solution is still the same. Your internal will and rage overpowers and breaks any spell upon you.
>>
>>18793153
A lot. Usually about once a month, lately its been about once a week.
>What was it like?
About 30% of the time, I'm basically just paralyzed and half asleep, but conscious of my surroundings. The rest of the time, though, I think something evil is near me, outside my window, under the bed, etc. On one occasion, I hallucinated a pair of red eyes from the dark corner of my room, staring me down. On another, there was already light coming in from outside my window, however it looked like it intensified by a factor of 2-3, and I could hear something like incredibly loud tinnitus, and felt certain something evil was right outside my window.

Not sure exactly, late teens some times. I didn't recognize it for what it was, for a long time.

Pretty shit life to be honest. Lost all my friends over time, after high school. Made a few new ones, one of them died from a heroin OD, I kinda drifted away from the other, now I have no friends again.

Nope. I don't believe in that shit.

>Do you use drugs?
Nope.
>>
File: moment_040.jpg (13KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
moment_040.jpg
13KB, 203x270px
>>18793153
I've been diagnosed with anal blindness.
I can't see my arse getting out of bed in the morning.
>>
>>18793153
Yes

>What was it like?
Confusing and unnerving. In short I felt my blanket being slowly pulled down toward my feet leaving me fully exposed. When I regained control it hadn't moved at all.

25. Only happened that one time.

I was halfway through my thesis work. Some stress involved, but a lot of fun.

No

>Do you use drugs?
No
>>
>>18793153
Yes
>>What was it like?
First time felt like I had died
12 or 13
Teenage angst and major depression
Not that I know of
>>Do you use drugs?
Yes but I've been getting sleep paralysis before using them
>>
>>18793153
Bunb
>>
>>18793153

Many times

Your whole body buzzes and your body locks up. It's extremely frightening. When you get used to it, you enjoy it because its a jumping off point for lucid dreaming or whipping up intense visions. I still sometimes can't fight the urge to scream out for my mommy. Im not that type of person but you want someone to shake you awake, and in that 50/50 ego loss state, you immediately jump to mommy dearest. Its an instinct.

15 maybe, 26 now.

Nothing more or less out of the usual.

Yes, thelema, christian gnosis, etc etc

Cannabis
>>
Yes
>What was it like?
Unnerving, I was trapped in my own body. I could see and hear everything clearly but no matter how hard i tried i could not movie or speak. I eventually found that breathing panicked breaths could snap me out of it, but it would take ~30s to 1min.
It started happening when i was about 17 and continued till a few months ago (at age 20).
I was doing allot of coke, and going more than 2 days without it would cause it to start happening.
No
>Do you use drugs?
Yes, reducing my intake to occasional use actually got rid of the sleep paralysis.
>>
I had sleep paralysis twice. Woke up and was completely paralysed. I started to panic really bad, then fell back asleep.

Same experience both times. Scared the fuck out of me.
>>
>>18793153
Once
>What was it like?
I was sleeping in my truck between classes at college. I felt like I woke up but I couldn't move. I tested all my body parts but they were unresponsive. I felt the seatbelt poking the side of my neck and worried that somehow it was causing this. I focused hard on trying to move my arms but even momumental efforts only produced a trivial effect. It was like if you set the mouse sensitivity in a video game all the way to the lowest and try to move around - you can make some motion but you have to put in considerable effort for even the slightest movement. When it became apparent movement wasn't getting me anywhere I tried to call for help but no sound came out. I started to panic thinking I might be trapped in my truck and no one would find me. My calls for help escalated in to full on panicked screaming but only a tiny, hoarse whisper came out. When I started to go in to full on terror mode I woke up, breathing hard and heart beating like crazy. It was absolutely terrifying.
20 or so
Not much other than the stress of being in college
No
>Do you use drugs?
No
>>
File: 1487849308228.jpg (79KB, 700x353px) Image search: [Google]
1487849308228.jpg
79KB, 700x353px
>>18793153
yes
>>What was it like?
Can be pretty average like a normal dream. Can also be scray af with demonic tones. Worse by far is the false awakenings.
around 20
Just had my spiritual awakening.
No.
>>Do you use drugs?
Yes.
>>
>>18793153
Yeah and night terrors
>What was it like?
Mostly just a weight on my chest and feeling of impending doom. Trying to scream for help but being unable to usually triggered a panic attack because fight or flight were impossible sometimes a hag made of shadows would be facing me. The more recent episode I saw a figure that looked like pic coming out of a puddle of shadows, initially panicked but calmed down and felt safe seeing it even though it seemed intent on ex sleeping beside me.
11-19, happened one more time when I was 29
>What was going on in your life at the time? For my teen years, nothing note worthy. Stopped when I began talking to a recruiter before enlisting. The more recent episode I was unknowingly being cheated on at the time by ex wife.
Ex was a half assed pagan
>Do you use drugs?
Nope
>>
>>18798631
10/10
laughed like a retard for 5 minutes.
didn't see that one before.
>>
the first few times where scary as fuck.
now i know whats going on when it's happening, so i even get a bit excited. its still fucking terrifying,
fucking dark demonic creatures... the last few times i didn't dare to open my eyes, i could hear them, and knew they would attack and hurt me again, if i see them.

did anyone else actually got attacked by dark creatures?
that shit actually hurts. bad.
i mean its kinda just a dream, that stuff isn't supposed to hurt you!?
last time, after i woke up irl, it still fucking hurt for a few moments, i fucking freaked out, but then it was gone. is this normal?
>>
Once
>What was it like?
I woke up and fell right back asleep, and I dreamt that my door opened and there was a red curtain there, I could see the figures (humanoid silhouette) feet. It came through the curtain and walked to the foot of my bed. I started trying to shake my foot at it and say something but I couldn't speak. It was pretty short-lived and it wasn't as terrifying as some of the stories that I've heard.
This is last week actually. I'm 26.
Just lost my job, I'm actually probably going to be homeless pretty soon, unless I borrow some money from some family members.
I love the idea of cults so I guess you can say that I've loved one, but I've never been in one.
>Do you use drugs?
I fucking am drugs.
>>
-yes
-terrifying
-ever since I can remember
-I was a toddler
-unfortunately my brother
-sporadically now
>>
File: image_1.jpg (54KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
54KB, 350x315px
>>18793153
Yes
>>What was it like?
Terrifying. It started as a dream in which I was having a party, I became somewhat lucid and decided to go to my bathroom to look in the mirror, but as I reached the bathroom, I just fell into the darkness. Next thing I know I am on my bed, paralyzed. I had read about sleep paralysis before and knew some crazy hallucinations were about to kick in, luckily I broke out within 30 seconds or seconds or so, though I still suffered an intense, pure, fear during that time
Breaking up with my best friend
No, just interested, never practiced
>>Do you use drugs?
Just ganja and caffeine
>Please and thank you.
Thank you, sir
>>
All sleep paralyisis is is when you wake up before your REM cycle is finished. Your muscles are essentially turned off when in REM sleep to stop you from physically acting out your dreams. I've experienced it on and off my whole life. Mostly happens when I fall asleep on my back.

I usually feel like I'm suffocating because my head ends up under my blanket, feels like I'm running out of air. Also it's strange because I can never tell if I'm asleep or awake when it happens.

Nothing paranormal about it. I don't see creatures, doesn't feel like someone is holding me down. Just something that happens on occasion.
>>
>>18804298
Honestly most of the 'creatures' are from people still being in REM mode.
>>18800809
This was me, the last incident I chalked up to knowing subconsciously she was cheating. The hag, just remnants from a nightmare. Stress makes the body and mind do weird shit.
>>
Yes
>What was it like?
Doesn't last long, whole body is paralyzed except for my mouth which I can occasionally manage to whimper out of. The most unsettling part is the static/rushing noise in my head and the static feeling through my entire body when it happens.
First happened when I was 15.
Some really fucked up shit with my first girlfriend, plus a pretty broken home.
Yes, but not at the time it started happening.
>Do you use drugs?
No.
>>
I experience sleep paralysis every once in a while. It's never unpleasant in any way, just annoying. It usually happens on week days when I have been drinking before I go to bed and stay up too late with work in the morning. My alarm goes off and I know I have to get up, but I can't move to turn it off or get out of bed. Basically I lay there getting angrier and angrier until it goes away. Sleep paralysis doesn't fill me with terror, it fills me with rage.
>>
>>18793153
Yes, 3 times
It felt like someone was pressing his elbow really hard against my back and I couldn't move or speak. Really scary because it was after the same nightmare.
I was around 7,9 and 13
Just school
No
No
>>
>>18793153
A couple of times.
>>What was it like?
Usually I would simply wake up at night, paralyzed and panicking. Occasionally I would feel as though I was running out of breath or being choked. Once, I also experienced sexual pleasure and felt as though someone was riding me in bed. I could feel pressure in my hip area and hear the sound of a vigorous romp but the sensations slowly faded away and finally stopped as I lay in bed, despite my pleas... In another occasion I heard the most hideous laughter while trying to fall asleep, but it stopped immediately when I tried to speak with that disembodied voice.
It started when I was about 16 and it has continued since then, although it becomes less frequent if I go a long time without meditating or take care to lay on my sides or front when I go to sleep.
I was like totally sold on an internet-based cult. I did a little meditation, read into some conspiracy theories, believed promises of wealth, happiness and eternal life and became a LGBT-friendly national socialist. Typical teenage shenanigans.
Both dad and I are or have been interested in meditation, astral travel, stuff like that. According to him, my great-grandmother was a holy woman (or a witch) and she could heal ailments by drawing sigils on the ground with a knife, while himself and my grandma could cast curses; there's actually a story about that. One day she was walking back home after working the fields with a little girl in tow when a bus full of tourists passed by her. She turned to the girl and said that God would make the bus would crash because the people inside were just enjoying a leisure trip while both her and the girl were exhausted by miles on the road. And then the bus fell into a ditch. 2spooky4me
>>Do you use drugs?
I used to drink.
>>
>>18804370
The rushing in your head is probably blood pressure brought on by stress. Is the static like a lighter version of just before the 'pins and needles' when an appendage falls asleep.
>>
I have a heart condition and have experienced both extremes of the blood pressure spectrum. Doesn't actually work like that.

The static isn't at all like pins and needles, it literally feels like your body is being electrocuted.
>>
>>18793153
Yes
>what was it like
When it started I was young about 20 old. Immediately I realized what's going on. Couldn't move and felt hard to breathe. Tried to move but it was hard. Step by step I started to move my body. Every time I got control over next part of my body it went reset. Eventually I was roaming around my apartment in this dream state.
>life
Studying for machinist. Nothing really special.
>occultism
Not consciously. Nor any one that I knew at that moment. Today full on chaos magician.
>drugs
When it started just booze and tobacco. Nowadays all kind of stuff. Fuck no to opiates or speed!

Nowadays it seems to be under more control but still I don't understand the "rules" or mechanics... How many times I don't even know.
>>
Yes
scary at first, but i know what it is and how to not panic.
around 17-18
the beginning of my downward descent into suicidal depression and selfharm
is paganism considered occult? cause my dumbass sister was into that shit for a while
no illicit drug use at all ever.

i have sleep paralysis on average once a night, and the sleep specialists say im fuck out of luck cause theres nothing that can be done to help it.

>perhaps im cursed?
>>
>>18804677
I have tinnitus, and it was linked to high blood pressure, I used to get a whooshing noise if I got up too fast or ran to hard before I dropped weight. If your medical professional told you differently then don't worry about it.
>>
Yes, I forced it on myself to induce lucid dreaming via the WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) method
>What was it like?
Extremely trippy, felt like a weird drug trip (or as I could imagine what one would be like) or something at first. Felt like I could see things even with my eyes still closed, like the universe was spinning in patterns that were uniform. Very hard to explain. It felt like my body was falling through endless space while spinning in every direction, my heart felt like it was beating at a rapid pace, and then BAM I could not move.
First time I did it I was probably 18 or something
Highschool
Yessir, I was a practicing poser wannabe magician in highschool and have been practicing the occult and magic since then. Almost a decade has passed since then.
>Do you use drugs?
I have never touched any drug besides caffeine, and I've never drank alcohol.
>>
-yes
-frightening at first, but I got used to them
-early teens
-always stress
-barely, but started well before
-sure
>>
How can I prevent sleep paralysis? Mine is usually infrequent, but I've had it 3 times this past week, along with horrible nightmares. Either I get a shitty but peaceful few hours of sleep or a deep one with this bullshit. I'm totally sober, no drugs either.
>>
>>18804899
This thread is a Survey, not a AMA
>>
>>18793153
Bamf
>>
>>18804899
I read that weed changes your rem states so it might help
>>
File: 1472942179335.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472942179335.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>Yes
>I was stuck in a position where I couldn't see my monitor but I could hear it. I felt the need to look at the monitor.
>I was probably 27 or 28.
>I was probably unemployed and doing drugs at the time.
>I dabble.
>Yes.
>>

Yes

>What was it like?

Woke up, couldn't move, could feel a presence near. Was afraid had to calm myself down and fall back asleep.

16 or 17, I'm 31 now. The sleep paralysis attacks continued until I was about 21, right up until I astrally projected for the first time.

When the SP started?

I was becoming more psychic

I have always had an interest in it, I have studied occult topics since around the age of 14.

My father did, his sister did, my mother was a fundamentalist and did not.

>Do you use drugs?

I smoked weed a few times, did coke a lot more. haven't done any drugs for about 6 years.
>>
File: 20170102_155236.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_155236.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
>>18793153
Yes
>>What was it like?
Quite terrifying. The entities that I 'saw' were ones from my nightmares. Normally some kind of humanoid with a sharp weapon or claws, lightly shrouded in a black mist. The only areas of my body that could move were my eyelids and eyes. I could never open my mouth to make noise or move anything else really. Part of me throught that if I spoke or got up to get a glass of water the illusions would disappear. I would get ready to move, like you tense up before a race or longjump, but my muscles did not obey. They seized up. However, I was still able to consciously think, which made it more scary. I was aware of my roommate sleeping and whatnot.
This was my early 20's, and happened regularly for about 6 months.
I was in college, and felt like I was living in a police state (very traditional Catholic school). Stress levels were high, which was probably a massive constributing factor.
I've dabbled. I've seen entities 3 times during the day, sober and normal day to day routine, which sparked my interest. An occult perspective on religions is good imo (calling upon God or Jesus is often called prayer, a form of invocation).
>>Do you use drugs?
Occasionally marijuana and alcohol, but I wasn't a user yet during my experiences. I guess part of the reason is when I'm under the influence I don't remember experiencing any dreams, and normally I would only recall the bad ones.

Pic unrelated, a Canaanite artifact I saw that predates Biblical accounts of Israelites in Canaan
>>
>>18793153
-yes
-scary as fuck until i could move again, after that its kinda annoying
-14?
-lived innawoods, homeschooled, somehow had internet so all my free time was vidya and 4chan
-no
-perscription, and not even the ones you can get high on
>>
>>18805701
I may give it a shot. Thanks
>>
Yes, multiple times my whole life.

>>What was it like?
Every time I "woke up" absolutely terrified, not knowing why. I couldn't move my body but I could tilt my head back and open my mouth. I remember trying to scream but I couldn't get any sound to come out. This particular instance I heard this noise, like a low rumbling you hear during an earthquake. There was this figure, black, tall, standing in the corner of my room. He had no features but I felt him staring at me.

Fist time I can remember was when I was around 6-8. The time I told above was when I was 16.

I was living in an abusive home when it happened the first time. I didn't understand that my situation was as bad as it was because it was what was normal to me. I never told my parents about what happened. I don't know if it was because I avoided them or because I knew that they would just tell me it was a nightmare and to go back to sleep.

I don't know anything about what the occult is specifically to answer that. Despite having catholic influences in my life I found myself curious about demons and magic. Now I am very spiritual in my own path of Christianity.

>>Do you use drugs?
I started using drugs when I was in 8th grade. I stopped when I graduated high school.
>>
>>18793153
>yes
>scary, but only because I couldn't breath
>about 15
>literally nothing in a figurative sense
>no
>no
>>
>>18793153
>yes
>really scary i couldnt move at all but since it happens so often now its less scary
>been happening since i was about 6 or 7
>no
>no
>>
>>18793331
>Whenever a dream about a real /IRL person, it tends to come true.
>That ever happen with you?
YES HOLY SHIT ITS BEEN HAPPENING A LOT RECENTLY
>>
- Yeah pretty much every other night
-Same thing every time. Can't breathe or move and can see everyone around you. Sometimes person next to me will wake me up thinking i'm having a nightmare. Worst memory with it though I heard sirens all around me and felt something creeping up on the blankets but couldn't move. Hasn't happened that bad again though.
-I was about 12 or so. My dad used to get it when I was a kid almost nightly my brother and I would wake him up out of it. Little did we know we'd be getting that too. Runs in the family.
-I was a kid when it started not sure anything big going on aside from vidya and school.
-no
-no
>>
>>18793153
yeah
>>What was it like?
first one off i was on my side facing a wall. earlier in the night i felt like my hair braid had been yanked on. I just thought "fuck off" and did some positive calming visualizations to go back to sleep. then i woke up and couldnt move. i knew what was happening and i wasnt scared in the beginning. i quickly went into a hyper intense fear/irrational spiral and fell back asleep.
second series I was getting really into lucid dreaming. so it was natural for me to make dreams disintegrate when they got a little too weird and out of control for me. i coudnt make these go away for a long time. these sp's consisted of the hatman leaning over me in my bed like he was sitting on the edge and twisting around to face me. it lasted a few months intermittently and only stopped once I got my hackles up enough and started calling on jesus to get rid of him during an event. I had heard about people doing that during alien abductions and getting results. hasn't happened since and Ive subsequently stopped lucid dreaming for obvious reasons.
1st time i was ~19 second time ~23
first time i was just trucking along in community college. the second series i was graduated and angsty about being unemployed and reading more indepth about spooky things.
minorly i guess. i used a ouija board once when i was at a sleep over. I used to pretend i was a priestess a la the mists of avalon series as a teen.
>>Do you use drugs?
only alcohol and doctor provided prescriptions that i don't believe have any effects that would make you "high"
>>
>>18793153
Are you using this survey for biomedical research purposes?

I have a naturopathic solution that could be used for the development of a new medicine.

In goodwill, here are my answers:

-yes
-vexing
-adoption
-loved one
-Nothing synthetic
>>
>>18793153
>13 or so
> i saw a man in black with white hands walk by me
>Good
>not really
>no
>>
>twice
>unsettling
>early 30's
>nothing much
>myself, sister learned a bit but never went anywhere with it, ex had potential but probably never went anywhere with it. Never met him but great-great uncle was a shinto priest. Grandma was a bit superstitious.
>weed rarely. Alcohol often. Only happened to me when waking up hungover. No other drugs not prescribed by a doctor and used according to instructions and not much of that anyway.
>>
>>18793251
whats the deal whith seeing obscure figures?
i saw one moving towards me and to this day i remain spooked.
>>
>>18793153
>Yes
>The most terrifying thing I've ever felt. It only gets scarier each time, and each time it happens, I am 100% convinced I am going to die (or worse)
>About 14 for the first one
>I have looked at a few fake ass spell websites when I was little and I tried to cast some dumbass luck spell. Besides that, not really.
>No.
>>
>>18808379
forgot what was going on in my life. Nothing in particular was happening, at least not anything that seemed like it would effect anything.
Attending high school for the most part
>>
>>18793331
I'm this one: >>18808379 , and yes, I constantly have dreams with premonitions in them. Exact words, phrases, movements, even detailed knowledge of places I've never been before. Just two nights ago I knew that I should keep my counterspell in mtg because I had a dream about this exact game and I remembered that in the dream, the person won the game on their next turn with a specific spell (Exsanguinate),
Has anyone else had dreams that gave them premonitions which they could use to change the outcome of the event? This is about the third time I was able to avoid something bad because of a dream I had prior to the situation that let me know of the unwanted outcome.
>>
In depth description of one of my sleep paralysis events:
I woke up on my mattress, which was laying on the floor at the time. Nearby, also on the floor was my alarm clock, which shed a blue light across the room, and was the only light in the room. I realize I can't move at all and try to anyways, feeling like pins and needles are being stabbed into me. I manage to slowly tilt my head ever so slightly to the side, as to see the time on my clock, only to see that a piece of paper has been taped over it, preventing me from reading it. On the paper, written in blood, are the words "GO BACK TO SLEEP". I begin crying because, for some reason, I feel an absolute confidence that there is a spirit or demon in my room that could kill me. I begin to hear an overwhelming sound of wind, almost as if sinister screaming. I try to scream, but cannot move my mouth, or even force out a muffled noise beyond small grunts. I begin "yelling" at the demon in my mind, my fear turning to anger/ I begin calling the demon names, think-yelling that I know it can hear me, and that it is a coward. I tell it "If you're going to fucking kill me, just do it already god damn it". I feel a presence press down over my whole body, and feel like I can see a face in the shadows above me, and I feel like I am just trying to mentally resist the demon or spirit for a long time, before finally passing out and re-awakening, this time able to move. There is no paper on my alarm clock, and I am covered in a cold sweat. I race up the stairs to turn on my lights, before going back to my room and crying. I hate sleep paralysis. It's weird to know that if I am confronted with seemingly certain death, my response is to fight like a cornered animal and go down ferociously.
>>
>>18793153
I am going post my cure:

Dry a whole bulb of garlic in the oven at 210 degrees. Hang it over your bed. That old wards against vampires is actually a home remedy for sleep paralysis. Ginger works, too; I have both wards set up.
>>
>>18793153 (OP)

I think I was around 8 or 9 years old when I experienced sleep paralysis, or at least that's what I think it was.

I remember waking up at about 3 AM rather dazed and only being able to move my head slightly to look over at my alarm clock. Every time I would try and move I was overcome but a horrendous sick feeling, like mild nausea mixed with vertigo. The feeling was all over and would only stop if I stopped attempting to move.

Another thing to note was I was laying sprawled out like a starfish on my back, something that to this day I never do because I find sleeping on my back very uncomfortable. In addition to this, all my blankets and covers had been symmetrically pulled down and were draped off the end of my bed onto the floor like something had pealed them away with care.

All I could do in this time was wait and try to move, the hours seemed to drag by. I was stuck like this until 5 AM when I finally managed to roll over onto the floor and halfway drag myself into my parents room. They thought I was sleepwalking and didn't help one dang bit. I was feeling slightly better and just decided to go back to bed.

My blinds were opened and window partially cracked to let in fresh air during the night, so my bedroom was lit with the dim light of the street lamps outside. Nothing out of the ordinary there, I never saw anything or hallucinated during this time.

It has NEVER happened since. And no, I was not drugged or anything to my knowledge, my family is the uptight overprotective Christian type and they would have never done anything to me.
>>
>>18793251
Dude I have been in the exact same situation. Illness and everything
>>
- Yes. Only once but it was recent
- I went to bed feeling sick. Woke up later on and was still sick. I stayed in bed for maybe 10 minutes (I work nights so I wake up around 9pm), meaning it is dark in my room. It was already hard for me to move due to muscle aces from having the flu. Heard a meow downstairs from a stray cat. Roommates shoo away the cat but a few seconds later I heard another but much closer. Looked around and I could see yellow eyes on my nightstand and the black cat begins walking on my bed, behind my pillow n head. I try shooing away the cat but all I said was "crrrrr". Through some immense mental focus I was able to slightly move my arms and thus woke up.
- I was 19
- Only significant thing in my life at the point was being severely sick with the flu. I haven't had the flu in years.
- No real occult activity but I've played a few video games involving occult stuff. Pretty spoopy
- No I haven't used drugs in over a year. Barely any alcohol too.
>>
File: 20161029_124837_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_124837_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>18793153
Yes

>>What was it like?
Dark, everything grayscale. Before it actually happens i get this intense buzzing/vibration sensation and then i become a aware of the room. Will only be able to move my toes and fingers. Eventually try to move and end up throwing myself on the floor. Wake up in my bed, not on the floor. Every damn time. Alot of times it would turn into a confusing lucid dream. I remember one time i looked at my hands and it looked like they were plane props because they were spinning so fast.

Everytime it has happened ive been very sleep deprived and usually only when taking naps during the day.

Not particularly. Had a BS seance in high school
>>Do you use drugs?
I drink and occasionally smoke cigarettes. Ive smoked pot very infrequently because it makes me flip out/near hallucinate.

Anyone else get that weird buzzing/falling sensation before they go into sp?
>>
>twice last year, also first time i was lucid in a dream. first experiences from what i can remember
>i only really remember one but its quite frightening
>19
>no
>smoked weed like once at that point
I think I was face down into my pillow when I felt like something had entered the room. What's weird is that it played out in my head as if the paralysis was a normal thing. It wasn't like "oh shit, I can't move, wtf", I thought to myself "just gonna keep my head here and not breath and I hope they leave me alone". I then felt like my head was being pressed down into the pillow like they were trying to suffocate me and then it just stopped. Very weird transitioning from sleep paralysis into being awake. Like waking up twice.
>>
>>18808410
Yeah, I think a lot of people are like that in regards to fighting like a cornered animal. Probably the adrenaline I think.
>>
>>18793153

1. Yes
2. Awful. Once it was a hairy corpse hanging from my ceiling, once it was a flying bedsheet trying to break through my window, once I just closed my eyes and I envisioned a worm made of purple light slithering in my skull.
3. 20
4. It was one of my last semesters in my two-year degree program. I have no idea what caused it, other than maybe dealing with my lazy bitch of a professor. My suicidal thoughts came back recently but the dreams haven't, so I got nothing.
5. No.
6. I don't even drink coffee.
>>
>>18793153
i dont get sleep paralysis . i sleep on my back and dont roll over i get this thing where i wake up as fluid builds in my mouth and starts to overflow. it doesnt ever get outside my mouth i wake up as it touches my lips

the thing is my throat isnt closed and it should flow into my throat and as i wake up suddenly it sinks back into my mouth and its not even a full mouthful of fluid. its like a sip if a drink
>>
>>18804899
An hour-long relaxation/stress relief routine before going to bed seemed to help me.

What I did was put on some soft, calm music (e.g. Gandalf, some Kimya Dawson, or "Day of Night" by Akira Yamaoka), have a cup of tea or cool water, and read the Bible along with some silent prayer. Watching Bob Ross would probably help too.

I wish you luck.
>>
>>18808377
This is the important thing

Do you also see shadow people?
>>
>>18793153
Yes
Frightening but with complete awareness; shadows apathetically staring at me or assuring me that I'll do their evil bidding
When I started getting into lucid dreaming in 2010
Only happens when I tell myself to go have lucid dreams
No
No
>>
>>18793153
No, but I'm going to force myself into sleep paralysis and post in like 30 minutes
>What was it like?
No clue, about to do it
Can't say
Shit sucks, too much work, general feeling of emptiness, etc.
haha loved one haha, but no
>Do you use drugs?
Nope

Brb, going to report back with my first sleep paralysis
>>
>>18793153

- Yes.

- First time had no clue what happened. Pressure on chest, both visual and auditory hallucinations which scared the shit out of me. Second time I managed to break out of when I realized what was going on. Third time was the worst, I remember thinking "at least I'm not seeing anything", and just as that thought struck me something started banging loud af under my bed.

- 17 first time, 20 second time and 23 third time.

- Been struggling with depression since my early teens. Otherwise nothing special was going on in my life at those times.

- Not that I know of, and I seriously don't think so. I'm an agnostic/atheist but my family is protestant christian.

- I used to, hasch primarly, sometimes weed. Done lots of other drugs too, but THC is the only substance I've used habitually.
>>
>>18793153
Many times
it depended on the shadow figure that appeared. One of them terrified me, the other did nothing but stare.
they happened between 5-8 yo
abusive family
I have never taken drugs
>>
>>18793153
I would like to have some kind of sleep paralysis.

Could somebody teach me how?
>>
I only go into sleep paralysis when i try to sleep at school. Its not like hallucination stuff but i cant move. Not scary in these cases.
>>
File: IMG_4285.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4285.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Yes, it started out as a loud humming sensation on the top of my head and continued to flow through out the rest of my body, the feeling was so incredibly intense I was stricken with fear at first but then became calm. This shit really happened and it happened again while I was on the 311 cruise and I awoke and couldn't move, this is when shit got real !
I swear to the life of me there were beings near by. After some research I believe they call this the HUM. Is there' any one out there that has had a similar experience?
>>
>yes
>saw only white screen/light, couldn't move, mind was awake, felt my breathing and heart beating slowly, thought I was dying or something
>early teen
>school, nothing special
>no
>no
>>
>>18811064
You don't want it. If you ever have it, you will regret wanting to have it. At least that's what I say based on my experiences. Every time its happened to me, even if I realized what it was, I still had a deep fear for my own life, and was convinced I was about to die.
>>
Does anyone always get sleep paralysis when sleeping on their back?
>>
File: Void2.jpg (293KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Void2.jpg
293KB, 1600x1000px
yes
>What was it like?
Waiting up in complete dream and unknowing of what is going on for the first 3-5 times. After this phase i started to learn what to expect. I did research and have successfully astral projected for brief distances while in the paralysis state. Around the room and out the window just a few feet until doubt crept into my mind. I have experienced the old hag and other shadow presences. The most painful experience was one accompanied by rushing water sounds like a violent waterfall. The sheer pressure and weight of the water was pouring over my body and I felt as though i was being crushed. The extreme pain from the sound was most disheartening. I felt as though i would go deaf from the sounds. The warping sounds of SP can make you question reality. How much power does ones mind have to be able to fabricate such terror.
Around 18
High-school, girlfriends, normal stuff.
My grandfather was a freemason, and his brother was a high degree mason, not exactly sure of the degree number. My father knows little about this side of his father and uncle.
>Do you use drugs?
Yes, xanax, opiates, and weed, but mainly the first 2 attributed to the SP.
>>
>>18812067
Freemasonry isn't occult.
>>
>>18812094
I mean, unless you are a freemason, it should be difficult to be certain on that.
>>
>>18812099
I am, Master Mason.
At least in regular Craft Masonry, there isn't enough esoteric content to make it occult in my opinion.
>>
>>18793153
Yes, fairly frequently during high school, but not for a good 5 years now.
>>What was it like?
My body tensed up and had a weird tingly feeling around it. I used to hrar a demonic roar, though the roaring stopped when I read about exploding head syndrome. I didn't have any hallucinations, except for one event where my curtain moved by itself. It was still in the position it had moved to in the morning
15-16
School, though I had weird sleep habits, staying up most of the night Friday and Saturday
My father has an interest in the occult and used to practise astral projection
>Do you use drugs?
No
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.