[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr.Grinns scary stories collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

Hey guys im a bit of an amateur writer so im gonna try out some stories on you. Some are fake some are real.

You'll know me by my writers name, Mr.Grinns. and my smile related pictures.

Also sp00py stories thread.
>>
>>18786394
@Mr.Grinns

Heres the first one. Inspired by a previous anon.

Andy

>be me 11 years old
>live out in the boonies with my parents, kinda antisocial
>not a lot of other people around
>finally meet andy
>andy seems nice. He's super tall, even taller than dad.
> can't really describe him. He doesn't wear clothes and his skins really grey. His face is really blurry too. Like on the telly when they don't want you to see a person's face
> says he wants to be my friend.
>never had a friend before so i agree. I bring him treats that mom cooks sometimes like a slice of pie or some candy.
>he loves twix, their my favorite also
>when he talks it kinda seems like he's burping out the words rather than speaking them. And he stutters a lot.
>i find it cute.
>one day im exploring in the forest with andy when we see a group of campers.
>it's not uncommon and we watch them for a bit.
>andy wants to say hi.
>i agree and we sneak closer so they don't think were bears or something.
>see they have guns. Maybe that's not a good idea.
>just listen instead. Andy wants us to leave cuz he feels upset at them but i want to stay and listen. I don't meet much people.
>they're telling spooky stories so i listen for a bit with andy. One of the stories actually sounds like andy.
>they're saying mean things about him so i yell from my hiding place “that's not andy!”
>andy shushes me and i stay quiet as the two guys grab their guns and point them in our direction. The two girls hide behind them. There's a third guy yelling at them to put the guns down.
>me and andy run away
>later andy says he wants to tell them off for waving guns around in the forest.
>andy comes back that night wearing the third mans clothes. Says they got into an argument and he had to punish them.
>andys so silly. How would dressing up as them punish them?
> i can see andy's been eating berries because his hands and face are all red.
>>
>>18786405
Andy: part 2

>i scold him because dad always tells me not to eat berries from the forest cuz they might be poisonous.
>he acts sheepish and sad so i give him a hug to comfort him. He seems cold so i grab a blanket and we watch cartoons while mom and dad are at work.
>a day later i go to check on the campers without andy.
> the two men are around but the third guy is missing. The girls seem upset.
>i start to walk over to comfort them and they turn when i step on a twig.
>”dan is that you?”
>i want to joke around so i yell back “is me, dan! Dan dan dan dan fan fan man dan!”
>i can be silly too
>they back away and raise their guns. I duck and they begin to shoot. I scream until they stop shooting before running away. Andy appears and picks me up and carries me to safety
>andy is mad and wants to go back and punish them more but im scared so he holds me tight and rocks me to sleep.
>he's so considerate.
> i wake up in my bed the next day with andy tapping on my window.
>he must have been eating berries again cuz his face is red and hands are all sticky.
>he says he made the bad people leave and they left all their stuff so we should go check it out!
>AWESOME.
>we get there and the tents are broken. Andy says he had to break them to scare the bad people.
> funny they would leave all their stuff tho. They even left the clothes they were wearing and the guns too.
> andy takes the guns and says he'll let me have them when i'm older, so unfair!
>he lets me keep the big knife in the leather sheath tho. It's super sharp and he teaches me how to use it carefully.
> i get a bunch of snack food and some cool camping gear. Plus the knife.
> i love my best friend andy!
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 194x259px
>>18786412
One of my newer works. I dont usually write them in the form of greentext.

These will be up to you to decide which are real and which are fake. Though it should be pretty obvious.
>>
>>18786421
Will wait for responses b4 posting more
>>
>>18786439
Damn. Guess no one cares about my stories. I cri
>>
>>18786512
Its not horrible man, would prefer to read some non-green text though. Got anything else?
>>
>>18786512
They're meh.

Repetitive and overall unimpactful, especially with the characters seeming to have mood swings (because you probably rush yourself writing) and the unoriginality and bland setting (Andy is fucking slenderman, and the woods? Really?)

But keep at it. Practice makes improvement.
>>
File: bites.jpg (79KB, 640x728px) Image search: [Google]
bites.jpg
79KB, 640x728px
>>18786394
Write something about the holocaust
>>
this is shite

SHITE
>>
>>18786733
DISGOSTANG
>>
>>18786421
I enjoyed it
>>
>>18786722
>>18786724
>>18786731
>>18786733
>>18786844
>>18786849

Damn didn't actually think id get responses. TIME TO DO SOME LATE NIGHT POSTING.

oh yeah i did over extend myself on that one for the purpose of green texting.
>>
File: images-4.jpg (13KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
13KB, 243x207px
>>18787333
@Mr.Grinns
Heres one of my better stories. I intended to post this to earlier threads but saved it for now.

The mist people

Hey /x/ so my father is part of this historical renovation society thing. Basically we go around cleaning up historical sites and respecting those who died there if any. We visit a lot of grave sites, old battle fields and ancient houses so i have quite a few paranormal experiences. When i tell a story you guys can know me by my online name Mr.Grinns, yeah it's edgy but it's simple and makes sense. Anyway, Mr.Grinns here and let's start with the mist people.

So throughout these series of stories my father will be quite prevalent, we'll call him chuck when a name is more appropriate than simply referring to him as “my dad” anyway my father and i were headed into upstate michigan to check out a old civil war union gravesite. The place was run down as hell, it was way out in the boonies of course and sandwiched in the center of private farm land. We had the permission of the farm owner to clean up the site as the area had become overgrown and dilapidated. So when we got there we had to cross about a mile and a half of farmland to get to the area and this was mid may so everything was shrouded in mist and coated in soggy dampness. The fields were all mud and twigs so we had to use 3 4x4’s to cross. It was my job to use one of the quads to ferry people and tools to and from the site. So i eventually was coated in mud pretty quickly. Throughout this ordeal the fields were coated in thick almost solid like mist and with the light breeze and swirling shapes it seemed easy to lose yourself to imagination. Eventually i began to see the vague shapes of people. Not the fog in the shapes of people but like the fog was swirling around a supercooled object but instead of said object there was just empty air inside the pocket. So when there were gaps in the fog you could see human shaped clouds lazily walking through the mist. (Cont)
>>
>>18787350
>inb4 you say Mr.Grinns too much.

I left the intro in because it explains some important backstory. It was again originally intended as a oneshot but scince this stuff happens often i thought i would go by an identifier.

Hey /x/ so my father is part of this historical renovation society thing. Basically we go around cleaning up historical sites and respecting those who died there if any. We visit a lot of grave sites, old battle fields and ancient houses so i have quite a few paranormal experiences. When i tell a story you guys can know me by my online name Mr.Grinns, yeah it's edgy but it's simple and makes sense. Anyway, Mr.Grinns here and let's start with the mist people.

It was all quite surreal and i've since witnessed this a few more times yet this was the most interesting instance. I stopped the quad and gazed for a few minutes before getting back to the task at hand. Visiting historical sites gets you used to the paranormal pretty damn quick. I was to get a bag of markers to mark out the graves for the teams of landscaping crews that had arrived with us. As i grabbed the bags i contemplated taking the field route. The area was structured where there was a small patch of forest lining a long dirt road leading towards the site. To the right of the road was the forest but to the left was empty fields. Now the dirt road had become waterlogged due to its valley like state and it was a bit chilly out being it Michigan so the mud coating my body had begun to cool taking me with it down the path to hypothermia. Deciding the rough ride of the relatively higher area i started back through the fields. Now halfway down the fields was a strip of land that was strangely uncut. That being that the farmer usually had been good about cutting the long grass throughout the fields so the area was relatively clear. Yet there was a strip of tall grass right through the fields so i took through it anyway.(cont)
>>
>>18787365
As i approached the strip of grass, HUNDREDS and i mean hundreds of the misty people rose up out of the ground at the edge of the grass. Startled i swerved and slammed the breaks, the momentum of the turn launched me off the quad and into the patch of grass. Which i now understood was not a patch of grass but simply the uncut edges of a irrigation ditch. I smashed into a large boulder at the base of the ditch and laid there unconscious for about an hour to awake to an ambulance screaming down the road and my father and several other members of the society huddled over me. Apparently they had heard me screaming for them from a mile away (i was about a half mile in) and had come rushing to find they couldn't find me anywhere. They had my friend evan drive along the road till he spotted my turned over 4x4 and saw me crumpled in the ditch. The ditch was over 8ft deep and had i gone in at full speed with the quad by me i would have been sandwiched between the rock and the 900lbs of 4x4. Probably killing me or at least doing significant damage. As it so happened my helmet had shattered on impact with the rock and i had a cracked skull, a fractured ankle. A broken arm and enough scraped and cuts to give me nearly a dozen stitches including some from a small metal rod (i don't fuckin know just some random ass rod) that had gone through my upper bicep. I would like to think that those ghostly soldiers were trying to warn me rather than cause the crash but theres really no way of knowing. I guess ill just have to keep doing what im doing until i get an explanation.
>>
>>18786724
Andy isn't a slender man i based his appearance after a anomaly that a previous popular poster made. The guy who posted the stories about the stairs in the woods.(Blurry gray man shaped beast that steals little children, no way of really telling what it looks like due to blurryness on contact)
>>
>>18787394
I tried putting a new spin on the creature by putting a spin on that its not hostile initally but is not afraid to kill anything it deams a threat in any light. Implied by certain story elements. Id explain them but that would take away from the story
>>
>>18787403
:c i guess my threads dead again
>>
write more
>>
>>18787350
>>18787365
>>18787385
honestly I'm not even sure what happened in this one. Mist people scared him and then his car flipped over? The story would definitely benefit if it was a little longer, describe the fog people longer and build up tension. As it is, it reads kinda like it's just a series of events, no tension.

Keep it up though, you have potential.
>>
You should send some of those stories to Mrcreepypasta on youtube he may read them out if he could but just try to extend them abit for him to read.
>>
>meh writing
>super worried your thread is dying
>m-m-muh attention

i hate you
>>
File: remember to browse ifunny!.jpg (42KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
remember to browse ifunny!.jpg
42KB, 800x620px
Smiley faces are not fucking scary. Hell, ses is spookier than anything you've posted
>>
>a man walks into a bar
>bartender looks pretty sad
>the man says "why the long face"
>bartender turns around and says
>"whats your poison"
>the man says "what"
>"whats your poison"
>the man says
>"i beg your pardon?"
>""
>"are you ok there buddy?"
>""
>"buddy your kinda scaring me"
>""
>the man turns around
>"where the fuck did all the doors go"
>""
>"Hey"
>"hello"
>""
>
>>
File: L2EfUuw.jpg (937KB, 1281x4309px) Image search: [Google]
L2EfUuw.jpg
937KB, 1281x4309px
>>18786405
>>18786412
Is this the story you based it on.
>>
I enjoyed the first story. Do you have anymore that are like that, Mr.Grinns?
>>
>>18794454
ses
>>
>>18786412
I could not suspend my disbelief for this tale. With stories like these, where the main character finds nothing unusual about being approached by a sinister figure, we need an explanation. Are they fucking retarded, or what? Berry juice? C'mon, man, even kids no what blood looks like. Kids get scraped knees, bloody noses, they watch violent TV. If your character is allowed to run about the neighborhood we can at least assume they are old enough to recognize human from faceless monster man, and berry juice from blood. Give us an explanation for their ignorance or delusion. I just don't think these kinds of stories are a good idea, otherwise.
>>
>>18796595
*know
>>
>>18790942
>>18792557
>>18794321
>>18796520

Oh cool thanks guys. Nothing note worthy most of my stories need much more improvement than these.

>>18794352
Love you too <3

>>18793119
Thanks and yeah wasn't going for a whole terror vibe.

>>18794454
They're just a stchick im not trying to be sp00ly with them.

>>18796418
10/10 would spook again

>>18796429
One of them yeah. Kinda worrying yet cool that you could tell. Probably need to work on diversifying my work a bit more.

>>18796595
The story was written from the postion of a young, naive, or even mentally autistic child. With the way the character talked and acted i assumed most people would figure out he has some sort of mental disability though i suppose i could have been more clear.
>>
>>18796847
Okay so i have one last story for this thread. Its pretty bad because i kinda had to force bits of it out but yeah. I tried my best at the time and was pretty uninspired. The story is called " hungry willow" will post in a quick minute.
>>
@Mr.Grinns

Not one of my better stories but i promised content didn't i?

Hungry willow

Be me fresh out of college and ready for some adventure. Decide hiking is the best solution. Be a paranoid fag so bring two friends along and we all carry our various self defense rifles. Roger has a rifle, mike has a AR. I recently bought a fnfal and was digging the .308 cannon around my shoulder. We drive down to arizona and head out to rodgers uncle's house in bumfuck nowhere. Load a bunch of gear off rodgers cousin davey decides to join us and brings along his uncle's 12 gauge (none of the weapons are important but it sets the point that we're all a bunch of paranoid fucks who spend too much time on /k/ and
/x/.) We all pack about a week's worth of food for each of us and head out into this wasteland that can't really be called a desert and can't be called a grassland just a bunch of sand, dried grass, giant boulders, and scrub brush/dead trees. The whole way davey talks about the native whogivesafuck. About 10 miles in we spot a small groves of about a dozen trees. A tiny oasis in the middle of what seems like a fallout new vegas map on steroids. In the center of the grove is a small freshwater spring about 12×18ft. You can see water burbling up from the earth and the steam rising off the surface. Hugging the small pond is this massive willow tree that's so big it seems to be keeping the other trees from growing any larger. Now before i forget i'm a gear queer and managed to pick up one of those tapanga machetes. Which will become important later as it's strapped to my thigh. We decide to set up camp in this slice of heaven and mike decides to go looking for some game. As we're setting up camp i notice the smaller trees seem to be edging around the lush area. And growing outwards in a circular pattern almost perfectly around the willow and spring. Creeped out i glance up at the willow and see the branches sway in the wind. Its getting dark.
>>
>>18796881
Storys just 90% filler.
Sitting back i set the fire from some dried wood and brush we collected around the area. I stare into the flickering flames and something dawns on me. The flames aren't swaying, there is no wind to push the willows branches. I glance back up at the willow and the swaying has stopped like the trees holding its breath. Creepy as fuck yet thanks to /x/ im more on the lookout for skinwalkers and other such beasts. I lean back on my hands and feel something long and cold twitch under my hand. Fearing a poisonous snake i rear back and see nothing but some awkwardly thin spiderwebish type roots. Roger and davey laugh at me before a very defeated mike comes back into camp “it's like everything for miles is just gone, i couldn't even find a damn bug!” mike proclaimed. Rodger snorts “ you were wasting time looking for fucking bugs?” they argue back and forth for a bit and i lose interest. We eventually get to telling ghost stories before passing out for the night. My dreams are plagued with visions of the tree and its thin reed like branches tearing me limb from limb. In the morning i'm thoroughly spooked and i decide to get a better look at the tree. Its oddly dark under its shade and i can't make out much. Day goes on unperturbed, wake up late that night to feeling of dread. Shake awake the guys and explain the feeling. They of course smack me upside the head for waking my up in the middle of the night before heading back to sleep and im about to go before i see movement on the horizon. What i took to be stars have dipped below the horizon and slowly bob along the ground towards us. Shaking them awake again i point the lights out. Davey freaks the fuck out forgoing his 12 gauge and grabbing the crucifix around his neck. This of course freaks us all out and we grab our respective rifles, leveling them at the lights. They're much closer now and we can see they don't seem to originate from anywhere and just give off a soft blue glow.
>>
>>18796889
They don't actually provide light and the ground beneath them is pitch black but they're lights just the same. They get to the edge of the oasis and we're prepared to open fire before they part along the edges of the treeline and eventually bob off into the opposite horizon. We don't sleep that night. Finally in the morning we decide tomorrow we leave and go about our day as usual. I'm cleaning up the trash when something heavy and sharp drops from the tree onto my back. I cry out and sprint away in fear and spin around to discover the bleached bones of a small animal had fallen out of the tree and onto me. After a second or two to collect myself i toss out the corpse and go about the rest of my day. Despite the terrors of earlier we all manage to get some sleep. Again i wake up in the middle of the night not to lights but to constricting pain. My sleeping back is somehow way too tight and i have to use my belt knife to cut my way out. With i look down halfway through and i see that the spidery roots have pierced my bag and had intertwined around me almost completely coating me in their embrace. Roger who is closer to the tree is completely encased and his struggling had woken me up. Davey and mike are minimally entrapped and my shouting has woken them up and they cut themselves out. I grab my machete and hack at the roots frantically before finally getting Roger out of them. With the final cut a low moan echoes throughout the grove and a blinding pain encompasses the right side of my face, as i come too the guys are dragging me away from the campsite and i feel blood dripping down my face. As mike tells it a branch suddenly whipped around and smacked me across the face. Knocking me to the ground (yes i got bitch-slapped by a tree, har har) packing up we all make the hike back to daveys house before barricading ourselves inside until morning . We ended up staying with their uncle Thomas for the week. Fuck the outdoors man.
>>
>>18796847
Ok, mentally-ill or Autism are good explanations. You don't need to explicitly say they are mental, but be more clear than just "kinda anti-social". Like a lot of the other anons are saying, you need to flesh out the characters and setting more.
>>
>>18796889
I felt that none of this was filler. You fleshed out the characters and setting better in this story. However, it still seemed short. Include more daytime activities/spoops, like the skelenton falling out the tree. I didn't feel much tension or build up to the final scene
>>
File: aussie1.jpg (3MB, 2592x3664px) Image search: [Google]
aussie1.jpg
3MB, 2592x3664px
>>18796958
this. you seem to think that building up mood and character is filler, when it really isn't. An example of a story that spends a lot of time setting stuff up and still being great is pic related.
>>
File: aussie2.jpg (2MB, 2608x3616px) Image search: [Google]
aussie2.jpg
2MB, 2608x3616px
>>18797385
>>
>>18796958
I actually edited out a bit after typing that. There was some detailed descriptions into the gear and stuff that weren't nessesary
>>
>>18798422
I liked "Hungry willow" the best actually.
I agree with those other anons. "Filler" is great for scary stories. That unnecessary stuff is what builds the world and makes the reader feel included in it. Once the reader places themself inside your story theyll feel more invested in the spoops that are happening.
>>
>>18800094
>>18798422
>>18796958
>>18796930

>>18800094
>>18796958
>>18796930

As i said im still learning and just starting out but thanks for the support guys, ive gotten alot of good ideas and if the thread doesn't 404 i may post a few of them in the days to come. As it stands im mostly a fantasy writer rather than horror but i do love the genre and would love to expand even more. Also i assure you my fantasy stories are much better and well written. Writing for me is more of an instinctual thing rather than a learned thing. I love to read so writing just comes naturally. I do have to internalize these tips a bit for them to set in.
>>
>>18796881
Dude if you're not going to greenext then please use proper structure and grammar for your stories.

Don't go "be me, be 15, etc." If it isn't in a greentext.
>>
what the hell
>>
ok you should definitely send Hungry Willow to Mrcreepypasta, he loves things like this even though its short
>>
>>18801009
Not really sure how to do that,not like i have his contact info or something.
>>
>>18802877
[email protected]
thats his email, it is on his channel info
>>
>>18802877
http://www.creepypasta.com or http://creepypastanetwork.com
also here, forgot about those two too
>>
>>18800972
Have you finished high school?
>>
>>18786394
You write like a fucking autist. I almost had an aneurysm from how terribly you butchered the English language.
>>
>>18802877
I'm not buying your fucking book.
>>
>>18803596
>>18803070
>>18803062
Lol love you guys <3
>>
>>18802894
>>18802890
Okay thanks guys ill definitely submit it and see how things go. Gonna do a bit of editing just so i dont sound like a "fucking autist"
>>
File: 1485808774906.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485808774906.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>18803867
Good. At least you listen.
>>
>>18803884
>>18803867
>>18803862

The deed is done, and now we wait for a response.

Basically just made it less 4chan-ish, removed nonsensical plot points and bad english.
>>
>>18804014
No response yet. Though its only been one night
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.