[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norse Runes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Runestone-Ledberg.jpg (551KB, 1067x2788px) Image search: [Google]
Runestone-Ledberg.jpg
551KB, 1067x2788px
someone told me that norse runes worked better than sigils as a form of magic. as a person who has never tampered with runes is this true? if so how do i start?
>>
>>18783956
Viking here, (swede, tall, strong, beard, worked in the woods for a while, can read runes and cut them in stone, hunt, know a lot about norse mythology.......)

Runes are not magic, they are only for writing

there are magic symbols tho, like the "valknut", (Warriors knot, or knot of the warrior). Tattoo it to your body and it will give Odin the choice to decide if you go to Valhall or Hel (instead of the valkyries), and he will be a more strict judge, but if you go to Valhall wearing such a tattoo you will be among the strongest warriors.
>>
>>18783956
>>18785387

I totally disagree on them not being powerful magical tools! I've never had success with a sigil, but the runes (the elder futhark to be specific) have been extremely powerful in any workings I use them with.

The Runes are Odin's. If you're not working in the Norse pantheon, I rec reaching out and seeing if you get any bad vibes from him/it. I see Odin, and all the other "gods and goddesses" out there are higher dimensional beings, sort of, that can influence this world if given the proper motivation, and that's what I base my practice in.

But, basically, the runes are crazy fucking powerful. there's an angelfire site with the elder futhark and a deeper understanding of each rune and the energy already embedded in them inherently - a quick google will get you there. the site is black and red.

But seriously, get Odin's approval before you use them if you want them to work properly. And always construct your runes so that they balance each other and fully form the purpose you intend them to.

Have fun!
>>
>>18785387
Can you post some of those magic runes please.

Mr viking.
>>
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Runic_Kabalah.html
>>
>>18787047
>>18787229
The first sentence on that page is bullshit already.
>There is no greater blasphemy to the Catholic/Christian Church and its false "God" and company, than that of the Runes.

Runes were used by christians all over Europe for a long time, especially in England. Don't believe this crap.
>>
>>18787229
Interesting page, anon.
If i tattoo the rune of elgr, will it grant me protection, or is it only powerful when spoken?
The author of the page is no fan of jews, that's for sure.
>>
>>18787409
We brought you the runes when we raped your country, anon. The runes belong to us.
>>
>>18787055
I LITERALLY just said runes are not magical
>Runes are not magic, they are only for writing

>>18787409
>>18787229
>>18787047
>site
>Runes were used by Christians
This is true, at least in Sweden runes were used a long time after the Viking age ended

I will say it again, RUNES are NOT magical, but there are some symbols that are, and unless you truly believe in the old norse religion they will have no effect at all. Anyone saying otherwise are a fool or a fraud.
>>18787047
>>18787229
>>
>>18783956
:sin:uk:"dh"u:kuna:ba"dh"i:"dh"mk":iii:sss:ttt:iii:lll:
Your ?? you can bath ???????????????????
>>
>>18787685
Ok then.
Out of curiosity, are you a true believer?
Can you tell us more about the magic symbols?
>>
>>18787709
Your dog is dirty. You should give it a bath.
>>
>>18787711
No, im not sure on what i believe.
I have had some interactions with the gods but they might be nothing more than illusions or dreams. Even though what they told me mostly came true it might be no more than a coincidence.

>Valknut, used by brave or foolish warriors whos only aim was to go to valhall. use with caution
>"infinity sign", representing Jörmungand, Midgårdsormen, who was thrown into the ocean and was so long that it could bit its own tail. (infinity)
>Mjölner, drawn as a hammer, representing physical strength
>Tyrs "T", representing war, use with caution
>circle, representing a "ting" or a promise, break the promise and you will never be trusted again
>two ravens, representing wisdom, your eyes in the sky. throw one eye in a well or a lake to see more.

there are more but i really need to sleep so good night!
>>
>>18787791
Eg og.
Would be great if you could post some more, and tell the tales of your interactions with the gods when you are rested, sveanon.
Takk og god natt.
>>
>>18787791
Oh and before i go to sleep i just want to add: if you want to meet a magical being:
>1 cook a really good meal, quality wise, and serve it on a wooden plate
>2 make a solid and strong ring out of a natural material, (stone, wood or iron suggested, don't use anything that does not belong in the nature, like plastic, steel or glass)
>3 cover your eyes. After putting everything about 2 meters in front of you cover your eyes and sit down

Only doing 1 and 3 might work, but if you do all of them it WILL work
note that if you do >2 then you will get engaged with her, and if you cheat on her she WILL get back at you somehow, and it will not be pretty...

if you are out in the woods a lot you might see her every now and then, especially if you leave sweets, fruits, food or drinks. but you will mostly just see someone disappear behind a tree or a fox tail disappearing behind something. and IF she comes up to you do NOT comment the tail, just say that she is pretty.

nighty night!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.