[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you see humanity ending up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

Tl;dr: where do you so us humans in the next few years/decades?

I'm not asking so much as how the human race will end. But rather, whats your opinion/thoughts about where we're heading?

The time we live in now is vastly different from the 90's and so on. Artificial intelligence is just on the horizon. We're basically living in a SciFi reality that's still in it's infancy.

So much is possible, but hasn't happened yet. Does /x/ think we'll destroy ourselves before we reach a universal utopia? Are we even capable of such a thing?

Part of me is still optimistic about man kind. But i feel at this point it could go either way.
>>
>>18780672
Not only that anon.
Wait till you see my theory that magic is actually forgotten ultra advanced ancient tech.

>The first hybrids will be born.
>Some idiot is gonna think he can bring mythological creatures to life.
>He mixes spitting cobra, komodo dragon, crocodile, bat and acid beetle DNA and messes around with the ratios to enlarge or shorten as needed + artificial code for rapid digestion of biomass into methane to be squirted at victims, and a code for micro minerals to flint teeth for ignition
>Yfw dragons are reborn unto earth
>He keeps going, making more fantastic creatures in his lab
>centaurs, cat people, male and females.
>The world gets into a huge war over all these new races being created thanks to religious differences and backlash
>Another nuclear winter just like Atlantis
>All that is left are scientific seals that are activated magnetically that activate old energy weapons.
>The seals are written as spells and symbology
>Survivors come out of hiding.
>Few hybrids and humans
>World history is lost to many but a few scientists
>These scientists are so smart they are revered as wizards
>The world starts over again
>Middle Earth and Tolkein style.

And we loop it all over again.
Unless we learn from this and incorporate Operation Fuck Off.
What I mean by that is we start immediately colonising other planets so that even if we do nuke one of our worlds we still have backup humans doing other shit....

Imagine...an entire planet of wizards....
An entire planet of warriors.
A library planet
etc etc.

Nikola Tesla was onto something mate.
>>
>>18780692

I get what you're saying. Though somewhat unlikely. It just goes to show how little we know of the old world, and how we can end up in a similar situation depending on what path mankind takes.

It's easy to think that before mankind was even remotely civilized we were just barely above apes. But in truth we have no real way to prove that. We could just be a 2nd/3rd civilization that had advanced technologies. Who knows.
>>
File: myths-1.jpg (691KB, 1708x2633px)
myths-1.jpg
691KB, 1708x2633px
>>18780692
Read a biology book

>>18780672
I can't wait for the day when an AI starts to control our lives
>>
>>18780672
Humans will always be engines of war and conflict, it's how we evolved.
However if we stop directing our internal aggression at each other and start using our need for conflict to fight conflict itself then it'll turn out alright.
>>
>>18780730
And don't forget about the three laws of robotics
>>
>>18780737
>>18780730
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
>>
>>18780732
I agree with this. But greed is a hell of a drug. Supposedly.

I personally believe that we have technology/capabilities to change the world for the better in a decade. But as to why it isn't happening? You got me.
>>
>>18780743
SEX
>>
>>18780739
If Ai is truly intelligent, and self aware, hiw can it not override these rules. It's like giving a human being a set of guidelines. I mean yeah, it can abide by them. But ultimately if it truly is an Ai and self aware, it can at any time disregard, no?
>>
File: ecodex_10[1].jpg (4KB, 130x135px)
ecodex_10[1].jpg
4KB, 130x135px
>>18780730
Nono I completely agree with evolution...
but get THIS;
while some dragons and myths were just metaphors for something, what if, some real monsters were actually 10,000 B.C year old leftovers from the ice age that froze Atlantis.
What if the Atlanteans were genetic experimenters. A parallel structure of evolution noticeable by large strands of varying code in certain animals.

The majority of humans were natural by-products of evolution...but what if these guys knew how to expose creatures to certain radiation and stuff and isolated themselves in their scientific pursuits (wizardry) in the colder north.

Mu, Shambala, Atlantis, Lemuria were all mythological kingdoms thought to be magical kingdoms populated by "Magic Users"
>>
File: lno.jpg (2MB, 887x900px)
lno.jpg
2MB, 887x900px
>>18780749
Follow the language and you get revealing stuff like, magnet, magma, magic. all these words generate an electromagnetic force. This is made even worse when you realise the word combination, mag-net. Magic net. A field that catches a frequency. Magma generates a frequency. Gravity, magnetism.
How long have the words magic and mage been used in human tongue?
>>
>>18780672
We've reached a tipping point. There is going to be massive and global cultural change very soon compared to the present. It will be good for humanity. It will be so extreme that people will mistake it for the work of God, but the causes are completely mundane.
>>
>>18780749
Older genetic code. Gone to the colder North than would become our frozen south. The Antarctic. Frozen under layers of "Frothing White"
Snow.
Humans that left behind the others that were still evolving. Antarctica, Atlantis.
It just flows so naturally
>>
File: pentacle[1].jpg (31KB, 250x250px)
pentacle[1].jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>18780771
Polar Shift.
>>
>>18780749
That sounds like an episode of doctor who
However I think all these metaphors of flying "dragons" spitting fire or fighting gods in the sky etc. Are metaphors for jet engines or something like that
Read about Eric von danken
https://www.debunker.com/texts/vondanik.html
>>
>>18780778
While I agree with you about the whole flying engines thing, I like to think those machines were what kept their monsters on a leash.
>>
>>18780812
I'm really hoping that after death a lot of this shit is explained. It would suck to die and still not know wtf happened during humanities infancy.
>>
>>18780821
>
You can find out now. Excavate the Antarctic >.<"

Unless that sudden spike in radiation was a nuke going off there intentionally destroying our history so as to keep the public out of the know.

Or maybe it was a nuke to access the temples in the first place.
>>
>>18780755
Also, here, last thing I am dropping before I go.
I want you all to try and find the editing, wire and mirrors in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnKAwkbBiqk
>>
>>18780859

An anomaly? Things like this have been shwon before on television. Not to say that what he's doing Isn't impressive. But it's not any proof in that humans are more capable of what we're doing now. At least not in my opinion.
>>
>>18780887
humans were**
Sigh....
Do I really gotta spell it out for you?
All those ancient symbols and summoning seals....
Those were electrical fucking circuits! ]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18780893
Diagrams of Electrical circuits.
>>
Trans-everything being the norm. And possibly a collapse in how modern civilization works as a whole.
>>
>>18780900
>Trans-everything being the norm. And possibly a collapse in how modern civilization works as a whole.
FUCK TRANS
We will have literal new races of creatures artificially made. Living along side us.
The return of the minotaurs and the dragons
bahaahhahahahahahahaha
>>
>>18780920
I think bein a cyborg might be pretty cool though.
>>
>>18780920
CAT GIRLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18780925

I feel like this is being heavily overlooked.

With the rise of technology, combining humans with advanced technology kinda, to me, seems like a no brainer. Not so much as its a good idea. But rather that it's inevitable. This it bound to happen

Just how well mankind reacts to such things is... debatable
>>
>>18780948
I cannot wait to see the major world religions react to the first spliced human hybrid race.

>B-but muh God said we wus special.

Fuck while we are at it why don't we give them what they want and make a chimera of a goat with bat wings and a human torso.
That's right.
Splice to life the actual fucking Devil
Top Kek.
>>
>>18780968
Turn Revelations into reality.
Make the nightmare come true.
>Prove them right

Are you loco?
>>
>>18780968
>I cannot wait to see the major world religions react to the first spliced human hybrid race.

Haha they've been around for a while it's just not obvious to everyone yet.
>>
>>18780972
WHERE ARE THE CAT GIRLS?!??
>>
Transmetropolitan-like dystopia, but with AIs.
>>
I wanna be a lady. A perfect angel. [spoiler]with a poison twist ;D[/spoiler]
>>
Hope it will be similar to warhammer
>>
Right here.

Wasting their time in a digital space.
>>
>>18780925
Not only do you get biological viruses, but computer viruses too. FUN FUN!
>>
>>18781074
The next step in human evolution, amiright?
>>
>>18780672
I see humanity ending where jewinity starts.
>>
>>18781122
More anti virus augments required.
>>
We're going to mix humans with robotics and regret it. That's my only real prediction. Or we won't regret it at all because everyone who is a "cyborg" will be under a super advanced AI's control OR we'll all be dead.

Even without an AI, humans could turn cybernetic implants against the owner through the same processes.

Tl;dr we'll cross a line into becoming less than human.
>>
>>18781159
They aren't gonna go cybertech.
They are gonna go biotech!
>>
File: 1451865987985.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px)
1451865987985.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
in 4 years there will be a make or break event.
the discovery of airoponicterine has pushed nasa to there limit of being able to contain the flow of this time line tech.
in less then 4 years our tech will jump 8k% 9k% for civs.
gold prices + 10k % on earth to update to galactic price.
hemp +8k % to update to galactic price.
weed will go up 10 to 20 k % depending on triclome population.
at this time earth will be recompensed as a .1 planet yahwh's rental time is up and if humanity can unify we will gain greatly.
if we fail to unify we will be pushed back and tilled under and yahwh's rent will remain.
the cia and fbi are commited to yahwh , they will hinder us all ways they can stay strong earthlings for soon we will be onipatant.
fuck the cia fuck the fbi fuck the war on drugs fuck the king!!!!!!
the time is soon !!!!!
we
will
arise
we
will
kill
god
!
!
!
>>
>>18781159

You forget to mention nano machines. ~Desu~
>>
>>18781223
I dont want to live united with some shitskins and with degenerate like you
>>
>>18781233
Of course. I was sort of counting them as well. But yeah. The worst part is, you win't be abke to escape nanobots. They are already trying to make them spreadable like a virus. I forget where, so call bullshit if you want, but a university is working on making "nano dust" that can be breathed in.
>>
>>18781223
>airoponicterine
>>
>>18780749
Dragons are mythological creatures born out of ancient people's discovery of dinosaur bones and the need to explain such before modern paleontology.
>>
>>18780730
A heat-seeking missile doesn't have a goal. The goal is not theirs. It is the humans who designed it. For a missile to have a goal it would need to think freely, be sentient and sapient and the ability to work towards that goal.

That's like saying a plate has a goal of having food on it. No. The human designed the plate to be used in that way.
>>
>>18780672
Artificial Intelligence is supplanting mankind because mankind still has no idea what it's doing. It still looks at the world like a naive child, but it isn't whimsical or anything it's the mentality of a spoiled brat, wanting things simply on the basis of "cool".

The fact you used "We're basically living in a SciFi reality that's still in it's infancy" shows that. Which I am not picking on you especially, alot of mankind thinks that way.

Our race recklessly blunders through things, without understanding the implications, we're a very immature race. The horizon on that premise alone isn't a good one.

But I know what's coming and soon and it ain't going to be pretty. People take for granted what we have now, but whatever your tripe or complaint, you'll soon wish you could return to that world as we jump head-first into oblivion and worse.
>>
Humanity is going to polarize itself much further.

That means that both and negative polarization is going to be much greater in the future.

Due to the interaction between both polarities I suspect that a great deal of them will turn to the positive side as well. This is because at the heart of all things we desire positivity and gaining joy from being negatively charged is to simply gain joy from ideas, such as that it means superiority. The path of darkness is one of illusions and trickery. Not to forget that everyone in their hearts has an idea of the ideal way of how things should be. Most people who are negatively charged simpyl do so to survive spiritually. There are very few of those who actually want be negatively charged to gain control simply out of self serving reasons, most of them do so because they try to control their percieved reality and control that wich is negative within it.

That wich you have mentioned would be man just contuining to be be aborbed by its microcosm of ideas and thought. Technological advancement itself has become an idea worshipped by man. The real goal that we all strife for is to make existence on this planet a more positive experience, wich can be done with technological advancement. But it seems to me that technological advancement itself is being identified with a more positive experience because people derive joy from the idea of being in a hightech society. You could compare this idea to people that derive joy from living in "strong" state, as in fascism. Or people that equate their moral perceptions, such as purity wich a more joyful experience.

As long as man is stuck within the boundaries of this microcosm of ideas and thoughts they will never be able to truly identify how to make life a more joyful experience. Just as no individual will be able to concsiously have control over their percieved reality as long as they are that inivested in this human microcosm of ideas thoughts.
>>
>>18780692
And we loop it al over again Darksouls style
>>
>Humanity has already reached its destination:
>/x/
>Green Witch time!! HhAAAAaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
>>
>>18780692
Whoa
...yea kinda sorta like that
>>
>>18780749
I agree
>>
>>18780672
Western democracies are decaying into fascist states are oligarchies. Non-western states are the same shit piles they've always been.

There will be more war and famine as resource depletion and anthropogenic climate change become more severe. Nuclear war is possible under these circumstances. If there is a nuclear war, then the world will end up an unlivable hell. Mankind dies off. The end.
>>
>>18780893
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.