[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people don't believe in the paranormal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 59747576.jpg (106KB, 635x668px) Image search: [Google]
59747576.jpg
106KB, 635x668px
You can't dismiss all of those witnesses, stories, shows and videos even if most of them were fake. Can someone give me an an explanation on why people believe this?
>>
We have a culture of disbelief, and a lot of the time when people DO have a real experience, they either think they were just seeing things or they normalize the experience.

It's just developed to the point where even if a decent picture or video gets leaked, most people will just immediately chalk it up to a fake as "that's not how it's supposed to be".

The best way to handle hiding the paranormal is under a very thin veil; the more serious things are protected, the more suspicious the public gets. Hide in plain sight, etc.
>>
>>18777369
Something I don't get is that if the paranormal skeptics don't even try to analyze if the picture, video, witness was fake. Like look if the paranormal video was tampered with in any way or edited. Why don't they try it. Or try techniques such as rituals, summonsings, magic, astral projection etc.
>>
>>18777329
Here's why most of it is fake:

1) attention whores. The majority of people on TV, if not all, and on other forms of media (such as 4chan) crave attention. They want their 15 seconds of fame in this digital world.

2) the enjoyment of story creation. People thoroughly enjoy writing fiction and reading fiction. Supply and demand. We have hundreds of thousands of fictional books at our fingertips. Surely these fictional books can't all be fiction, can they?

3) to support a cause, such as religion. Simple as that.

4) commercial purposes. Take Ghost hunters for example. You really think all those places they visited were haunted? No...they wanted free advertisement, countrywide...no, worldwide.
>>
>>18777385
UnlIke the paranormal believers, who take every single spec of dust as a sign of thr beyond Lmao
>>
>>18777385
People see what they want to see. Some people who have that sort of mentality you bring up actually have a big distaste for the paranormal and don't want it to be a part of their life, so they don't acknowledge.

Not everybody wants to or SHOULD know about spooky stuff. It can be stressful.
>>
>>18777399
I can somewhat understand that like most people wouldn't want to know that ghosts exist or some shit like that. But the thing I don't get is that why don't they acknowledge it and help combat the paranormal instead of just ignoring it hoping it will go away. Even if paranormal stuff wasn't true and they stated doing a shit ton of research to do that, that would still benefit the human race too as it would take a lot of paranoia off people.
>>
>>18777423
Most people don't believe they exist bevause they don't have any hard evidence for it or haven't ever experienced it themselves

Guys, this shit isn't hard to understand
>>
>>18777468
THEN WHY DON'T THEY TRY RITUALS, MAGIC, SUMMONIGS ETC.
>>
>>18777485
Bevause most people have a life, unlike us...or they just don't give a shit

I'm here but I couldn't care less about fake magic, rituals, or succubuses
>>
>>18777485
Because it's stupid.
I dont bend over towards some black cube. I dont clap my hands to some hobo. I dont waste blood or time chanting nothings.

I would rather shitpost.
>>
People are arrogant and like to believe they (we) know everything there is to know about everything, the opposite of what led to us knowing all the amazing things we do know
>>
I've never experienced anything paranormaI.

I think there are definitely some unexplainable and paranormal things, but there's also tons of dumbasses and retards who want attention.
>>
File: 1487659062899.jpg (109KB, 615x740px) Image search: [Google]
1487659062899.jpg
109KB, 615x740px
>>18777329

Basically they do don't belive in somethink things because there is and isn't multiphasic evidence that some things can't and can exist.

Schrodinger cat.
>>
>>18777329
Some people are just afraid man. The paranormal can be hard to understand and it is most certainly outside of human control, which is frightening for many people because part of living a sane life is having a sense of control. Also, for many people, if they can't rationalize it or if something varies too much for what they've always known, then that something won't exist to them.
>>
>>18777329
People mental block stuff that's hard to understand, and it's not like you can simple read a textbook when it comes to the paranormal.
>>
>>18777468
There are people will will simple change subject if you ever present them with verifiable evidence. Evidence just isn't enough when someone doesn't want to believe.
>>
>>18777329
Believe what? That all the strange stuff in life can just be dismissed? Sure it can. All you need is a gun pointed to your head or a willing rod pointed towards a glorious asshole.
>>
File: 1488715790787.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488715790787.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>>18777329
>Why do some people don't believe in the paranormal?

Post a single proven and documented case of a paranormal phenomenon.
One that isnt fake, was witnessed by multiple independent people and/or was recorded in any credible way.

Isnt there even a price about 100k or 1mio $ for the first person who can prove to have supernatural powers? Gee i wonder why nobody claimed that one yet.
>>
>>18777329
You see i really want to believe. I really fucking do. I really want to be proven that those things exist because that would add so much more excitement to our world.

But like >>18778128 said, in the thousands of years of modern mankind there has been not been one thing which could not be explained using physics or chemistry.

There just isnt. And probably will never be.
>>
>>18778192
Never say never. You might just start jinxing shit.
>>
File: 911.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>18778128

The only criteria for documentation is that someone wrote down what they witnessed. The only criteria for dismissing documentation is saying that what they witnessed didn't actually happen; in which case...

Documentation doesn't prove anything.
>>
my family claims they grew up in a haunted house but I don't believe them.
they all probably just heard the wind and creaky old wood combined with bad memory.
>>
>>18777329
>You can't dismiss all of those witnesses, stories, shows and videos even if most of them were fake.
W-why not?
>>
File: 1451865987985.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451865987985.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
it is an un intended element of the game of life therefore life refuses to explain.
you are eternal soul attached to a meat cart.
dont kick the goads goy or you will rise to kill god.
>>
>>18778128
Mothman
>>
>>18777329
Because believing something with a lack of proof/evidence is irrational. You guys just WANT to believe badly, regardless of if its true. And you call skeptics crazy/delusional. Unless you can prove it you should lean on believing it doesnt exist. Otherwise you get all kinds of crazy, like the flat earth theorists.

>>18778128
This. The burden on Proof is on the one claiming a paranormal phenomenom is real.....not the other way around.....

And so far there just hasnt been any credible proof for it. Even the bible is full of contradictions.

As for that 1 million dollar reward. Its set in a controlled enviroment so you cant pull a trick and fake to be able to do telepathy telekinesis, astral projection etc.

Do you guys really believe that noone wants the one million dollara?
If you think you can summon a goetic spirit or whatever bullshit, then go for it. Get your million dollars. Otherwise fuck off

Paranormal enthusiast just WANT to believe in it, despite the lack of proof and when ppl point out that its likely bullshit they go into a tantrum like babies

Grow up.
>>
>>18780282
this. I like /x/ for the discussion of the paranormal, as it's interesting, not some LARPers pretending to be ayy lmao or something
>>
For those saying that their isn't any paranormal entites in real life then you are wrong.

Because there's this thing called hatman as I like to call it. It's basically a shadow person but he has a trenchcoat and trilby/fedora.

People have reported seeing this creature everywhere and some people have even seen him before they have seen a trenchcoat and a trilby/fedora

So paranormal skeptics. Can you disprove that?
>>
When did /x/ become a non English speaking board?
>>
Ye we know beliebe. Now just stfu.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.