[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microwave Auditory Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Anyone else interested in this seemingly well accepted phenomenon? What have you uncovered?

The concept: Pulsed microwave radiation perceived as sound, thought to be caused by thermal expansion of bones or other elements of the auditory apparatus.

Via wiki:

>The microwave auditory effect, also known as the microwave hearing effect or the Frey effect, consists of audible clicks (or, with speech modulation, spoken words) induced by pulsed/modulated microwave frequencies. The clicks are generated directly inside the human head without the need of any receiving electronic device. The effect was first reported by persons working in the vicinity of radar transponders during World War II. During the Cold War era, the American neuroscientist Allan H. Frey studied this phenomenon and was the first to publish[1] information on the nature of the microwave auditory effect.

>Pulsed microwave radiation can be heard by some workers; the irradiated personnel perceive auditory sensations of clicking or buzzing. The cause is thought to be thermoelastic expansion of portions of the auditory apparatus.[2] Competing theories explain the results of interferometric holography tests differently.[3]"

I'd like to know more about this phenomenon, especially if there are any practical technologies that demonstrate its utility.

Unfortunately the search engine results are extremely POLLUTED by schizophrenic / delusional mind control theories by "Targeted individuals". Looking it up on youtube brings you hoards of obviously mentally ill people that are convinced they are being attacked with microwaves by some "dark agency".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_auditory_effect

http://eng.utah.edu/~cfurse/ece3300/lectures/LH%20--%20Holiday%20Assignment/Hearing%20Microwaves,%20Lin.pdf
>>
>>18775677
This may not help you, as it is from someone I met. This is truth, as true as true can get online anyway. He worked on high tension power lines that powered microwave repeaters. This particular one had its own generator station. He wore a metal suit that attached to the power line, and when he was hooked up to his little cart thing he claimed he could hear a "warbling and clicking noise" about 70 times a second. Later he talked to his boss and he was told that strangely enough, that generator station ran off a 60-80hz generator. But it gets cooler. He said that when the station was active and he was working on the lines, he could hear certain things inside the station, miles away, while in his suit. He said it wasn't in his ears either, it came from in his head, and for the most part he could hear any sharp knocking or cracking sound in the concrete at the power station such as a jackhammer or someone dropping things. Said he distinctively heard someone drop a wrench once, and another time heard people talking, as well as a forklift forks hitting the ground and then scraping across the concrete. His guess was the people talking were in the control room where most of the electronic equipment for the generator was at, since that would be the easiest place to have some assortment of electronics pick them up and pass it down the lines clearly through mere vibration of the equipment. Like I said, I speak a true story here...
>>
>>18775677
nothing to add but bumping for interest
>>
>>18775677
I can confirm such technologies exist, and I have had them demonstrated to me, not as a "targetted individual", but by an organisation warning of what danger the population faces in the future.
>>
>>18775677
I have heard of this, I also have heard this, I have a friend that is an experimental physic.

It's a high pitch sound, barely audible but subtly annoying.

You can get trained like a dog with it, cause it works as an almost imperceptible punishment.
>>
>>18775825
>Like I said, I speak a true story here...

according to you...
>>
>>18776845
Microwaves are at lower frequencies than light....

>>18777155
While he's giving an anecdote, I wouldn't be surprised if this was real. We project EM waves for radios and even Wi-Fi. Sound is a very interesting subject of physics. If something was resonated in a continuous pulse, the frequencies could carry over larger distances.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.