[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a pagan? Why? How do I get into paganism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Odin_the_All-Father.jpg (138KB, 471x642px) Image search: [Google]
Odin_the_All-Father.jpg
138KB, 471x642px
Are you a pagan? Why? How do I get into paganism?
>>
Don't paganism is false Christianity is the only true religion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znVUFHqO4Q [Embed]
>>
File: 90quakeElisaLam.jpg (976KB, 1443x1265px) Image search: [Google]
90quakeElisaLam.jpg
976KB, 1443x1265px
>>18774425

Yes... because I've seen evidence the pagan gods' have real power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUW6m6SOP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOBjf33K5I
>>
I sort of count as a pagan i suppose. I worship Tiamat. Gods to me are less like gods in the traditional sense than they are large quantities of a directed conciousness, if that makes any sense.
>>
Yes, I work personally with the benevolent demons of Satan.

joyofsatan.org if you want to learn more
>>
>>18774824
>>18775749
Gud goy
>>
>>18775700
Yeah that makes sense, A lot more than believing in the traditional sort of God
>>
>>18774824
No it isn't, once you leave it after being very devout you see how brainwashed people are in that religion. They see God in every light and Satan in every shadow. Sadly, the world doesn't work like that, and it has never been that black and white
>>
>>18774878
Really, I would like some insight on this, if you have any
>>
>>18774425
I am pagan, I got into it for several reasons. Before starting down this path I did a lot of research into theistic philosophy of God. I found most monotheistic philosophies are logically flawed to the point of either god didn't exist or they have no idea his nature. The Jewish people correct their philosophy of god after WW2.
After researching philosophies, I started reading the myths from various cultures, being mindful of who is presenting them. A Christian will present with a Christian twist to it and a Wiccan will be some what too happy.
Once the research is done, find a pantheon you like and start looking for a group.
>>
File: baal.jpg (530KB, 1301x845px) Image search: [Google]
baal.jpg
530KB, 1301x845px
>>18776412
>Really, I would like some insight on this, if you have any

Insight on what? I have a pretty serious post there already: >>18774878

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEN16GHuwvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm0_4BW8yHc
>>
>Are you a pagan?

No.

>Why?

Because Western paganism is dead and neo-pagan attempts to reconstruct pre-Christian polytheism are largely products of the imagination or, at best, early Christian propaganda.

>How do I get into paganism?

Google "paganism," find a group in your area, meet them, realize they're all fat nerds who are more interested in LARPing as druids and witches than in any actual genuine mystical development, become disenchanted and start studying the Eastern religions, where these traditions have existed and grown unimpeded for thousands of years.
>>
>>18775749

JOS is a white trash cult run by a neonazi and based around new age BS and racial conspiracy theories. Avoid at all costs.
>>
File: pentacle[1].jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pentacle[1].jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>18774425
Understand the star.
Know the forces that command it.
Apply it to your math.
Apply it to your life.
>>
>>18776525
This star is pretty outdated by about 2000 years
why did we even see the atmosphere, the ground, fire and water as related things anyway?
>>
Electrons flowing through them.
The music of the universe.
Do you even resonance theory?
>>
>>18776534
Do you? These men saw the sciences in an intuitive way.
It really is incredible what can be achieved once you decode its true meaning.
>>
>>18774425
>Are you a pagan?
No.

>Why?
Not my thing.

>How do I get into paganism?
You find a pagan (i.e. non-Abrahamitic) faith that has philosophies and values that resonate with your own makes you feel that it is right for you.
>>
>>18774425
Skip the dogmatic shit and just go strait animist.
Thank me later brosevich.
>>
File: ImperialCult.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialCult.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18776519
>Because Western paganism is dead

Can't kill the gods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfTv-fmhhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-hfG-6OFA
>>
I don't practice or anything but I find a lot of lessons and stories in Norse Edda's helpful and I'm great full for that
I would happily serve Odin or Freyr for the guidance I've gotten from their stories whether they're real or not
>>
>>18776548
>It really is incredible what can be achieved once you decode its true meaning.

>vague bullshit

right, name one single thing then.
>>
>>18776521
THIS. They are shitty at history and geography, as well as anthropology. These are very basic subjects. How does anyone suppose they know SHIT about anything else? Also, a nazi cult for edgy NEETS. The founder's husband literally got kicked out of a NAZI organization because they thought the shit she was into was too weird... FOR NAZIS!!
>>
>>18776809
The spoke hides within it the gas laws. Left to right.
Right to left.
Water falls, water is heated, rises from the earth and into the air. The "spirit" takes it and restores it to water.
>>
>>18776511
You said that you've seen evidence of the pagan gods having power, where, when, and how? If it's in the image, I don't see how it connects. I'm curious about Paganism, and am wanting to see if it's something I can get into
>>
>>18776844
A pagan God stole my gf.

True story, mighty motherfucker.
>>
>>18776849
ITT: Cucked by a Norwegian.
>>
>>18776566
Animism? Never heard of it. I'm new to /x/ so pardon the ignorance on the subject of religious and paranormal shit, what are the rules/codes Within animism
>>
>>18776772
That's a reasonable way to look at things, you don't seem to be blinded by your faith, I'm Atheist atm, just trying to see what if anything is up my alley
>>
>>18776868
It's like a pre-religion religion. Animism and Asterism are essentially religion-before-religion, I believe.
>>
>>18774425
Research and think on what suits your existing beliefs. For me it was Celtic Reconstructionism. But I'm primarily a skeptic. I believe in the Gods only insomuch as they make themselves known. I figure my path in life belongs to me. My way is for me, and others ways are for them. Where the Gods' paths cross with mine is fine with me, and I respect them and give offering when seems appropriate, but I don't feel much need to seek things out.
>>
>>18776900
See the spiral
The two stars
And the flower of life.

They contain the knowledge of all the worlds sacred knowledge.
>>
>>18776836
>It really is incredible what can be achieved once you decode its true meaning.

So what's incredible about your symbol apparently slightly showing the gas laws, something you realized 100s of years after the gas laws were made? You implied it was capable of doing something not containing knowledge we have known for a very long time and use on a daily bases already.
>>
>>18776919
sacred geometry is pretty meaningless and largely irrelevant to me. Science explains most of its' concepts better, and the rest is meaningless woo.
>>
>>18776927
It has meaning.
Just because it is coated in B.S doesn't mean its doesn't have a diamond underneath.
>>
>>18776927
My favorite brazilian jumping spider aficionado, started making renderings of crop circles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWIhI2z8fc

Really cool stuff.
>>
>>18776924
From this can be extrapolated that the natives ability to conduct rational experiments and exploits based upon said symbolism by their scientific classes. It may come as a surprise to you but the fireball throwing wizard may be more real than you previously thought possible. What is special is not that I realised it.
What is special is that THEY realised it. Long before we realised this knowledge. They had a grasp on it. An applicable grasp on it.
The more I researched on ancient symbolism the closer I got to Atlantis.
>>
>>18776956
>It may come as a surprise to you but the fireball throwing wizard may be more real than you previously thought possible.

It would if I had reason to believe in it. But it's not possible.
>>
>>18776966
They knew how to synthesise gunpowder and stuff.
>>
>>18776970
Gun powder is made from combining 2 types of dust that are found outside, not magic. Got any other genius claims before I close this shitty tab?
>>
>>18776966
If you are just looking to cover your eyes, rather than experiment for yourself, why are you here? If you already have the answer, why ask? I'm not the guy you were responding to, but I think the only way to know for sure is to learn and to do. You will get much more out of that than insisting you already know the answer, therefore not investigating it yourself.
>>
>>18776974
Yes.
That dust back then seemed like magic to the natives at the time.
Congratulations.
You proved you are smarter than anyone here.
^-^
Have a great day.
>>
>>18776977
Yes, SEEMED. Until we learned that when things burn they give off their stored energy. Knowledge that you take for granted. Unless you can show me a shape or spell that lets me shoot fire from my hands why would I believe you at all? There no videos of anyone shooting fire so why you even believe it? No one can shoot fire from their hands.
>>
>>18776983
I think you are getting too hung up on the details, and the shooting fire from one's hands was a convenient metaphor. Also, all science today at one time seemed magic. Does it not seem logical to conclude that all that seems magic today will one day be science?
>>
>>18776983
All magic is hidden science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvEYsum6O4g
>>
>>18776995
>Does it not seem logical to conclude that all that seems magic today will one day be science?

except before they had the gunpowder on hand to make explosions, then people claimed those explosions were because of magic and not the gun powder burning. The person who claimed it was magic WAS WRONG. Is it logic for you to want to be wrong because that's how it seems. You are following a bunch of wrong people who have been wrong every time. You need someone to shoot fire from their hands for someone to claim it was magic. All you have right now are stories and no magic.
>>
>>18777007
I think you are preaching to the wrong choir.
>>
>>18777010
There's gotta be a few people here who can be saved before their schizophrenia is past the point of no return.
>>
>>18777007
You learn more from those who were wrong than those who were right. The real secret is nabbing it from both.
>>
>>18777007

Also, you have no idea what I follow, what I believe, or even who I am. You must be an atheist, which is fine, so am I... but if you are anything other than an atheist who doesn't do or think about anything that hasn't been proven beyond a doubt, you are committing the same logical fallacy you accuse others of.
>>
>>18777015
That's not how schizophrenia works.
>>
>>18777015
>>18777026
I can't explain it.
It makes me mad.
I'm gonna label them as crazy.
>>
>>18776868
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism
Introduce yourself to the spirit world, then make your own decisions about life and spirituality.
>>
File: the four suits.png (13KB, 625x337px) Image search: [Google]
the four suits.png
13KB, 625x337px
>>18776534
Taking things literally is a sign of autism spectrum disorder, anon. Talk to a psychologist.

>>18776809
The four elements correspond to the four pillars of society (those who lead, those who pray, those who fight, those who work). Study more tarot symbolism.... or don't. Not our loss.
>>
>>18776868
>>18776889
In my anthropology class, it was a religious category and descriptor for religions that had similar metaphysical explanations for life and spirituality. Many old tribes and cultures have this set of beliefs of essence in living things, plants included.

Animatism extended into inanimate objects like mountains or pebbles in the stream.

Usually they're polytheistic. They would believe in the equivalent of the Force from Star Wars. Some developed and refined into an organized religion like many eastern and Asiatic beliefs.
>>
>>18777067
I can explain it quite easily: you are uncomfortable with people who have different experiences, beliefs, and opinions from your own. It usually goes away with maturity, but remember... age/time =/= maturity!
>>
>>18777122
Actually the four suits are meant to represent the four qabbalistic worlds of creation... but the parallels with earthly society are probably not a coincidence. As above, so below.
>>
I believe that the gods are basically really large spirits. What someone might call an elf, faerie, kami, djinn, etc, is just a smaller version of the same thing.
>>
>>18776411

Time for more research.
>>
>>18774824
Why not both. Gods commandments say thou shalt have no other god before me, so worship God first, then other deities.
>>
File: Zena.Color.jpg (115KB, 329x484px) Image search: [Google]
Zena.Color.jpg
115KB, 329x484px
>thou shalt have no other god before me
but why though? i love other gods
>>
>>18776844
The poster you are responding to posts those collages all over the goddamn internet, then acts like people are stupid when they can't decode his schizoid ramblings. It's all just masturbation of the ego. Look elsewhere, friend.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.