[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychopaths are unincredible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Bathory.jpg (32KB, 400x552px) Image search: [Google]
Bathory.jpg
32KB, 400x552px
I have always been interested in psychopaths and serial killers, I think learning about them offers a valuable insight into the darker areas of the human mind. But they're mainly so interesting because they are different to the vast, vast majority of people, and because they represent such a break from normality. However, I think it's always worth remembering that psychopaths are as they are because they lack humanity's most interesting trait: our complex and deeply nuanced sense of compassion. While learning about psychopaths gives you a fascinating insight into the human condition, psychopaths themselves are essentially far less incredible creatures than normal, compassionate people. Other animals are compassionate, some very compassionate, but how deeply complex and dynamic human compassion is is surely the most interesting thing about us. Being able to kill cold-bloodedly just shows a lack of something. Millions of relatively very simple animals kill cold-bloodedly all the time. True altruism is what is most genuinely fascinating about humans, because of how sophisticated it is.
>>
Do you reckon a psychopath ever looks at groups of people who love each other and feels jealous?
>>
File: 1485379170473.gif (1MB, 339x230px) Image search: [Google]
1485379170473.gif
1MB, 339x230px
>>18772798
Are you jealous of pigs when they play in their own filth? Emotions just simply aren't worth the hassle associated with them.

Communicated clearly enough your needs and desires should be simple enough to understand, nuanced body language and changes in intonation in voice are ridiculous for people on the spectrum to grasp, therefore why attempt to?

I don't think they are missing out, they are benefiting from not having to be in a world where peoples emotions are the ruling factor. When people say one thing and mean something else entirely, it's exhausting.
>>
>>18772822
But without emotions life isn't worth living. Life without emotions is like bath without water.
>>
>>18773060

I can take a bath in smoke...oh wait. nvrmnd I get it.
>>
>>18773060
Are you reasonably prepared to start a discussion on what exactly "emotions" are? Because I suspect you have a preconceived notion of sorts sitting in the back of your head that you're unwilling to let go.
>>
>>18772798
Sure. But not for the same reasons a normal person gets jealous. When you or I get jealous of say, a friend's bew car we feel like we a worth less, or "why him and not me?" But we don't always feel like we deserve his car more, because he is beneath us.

A psychopath gets jealous and usually feels like he DOES deserve the car more, like the owner is less than him, and so on.

Psychopaths do have enotions, but they are very basic. Have you seen American Psycho? Because the way he acts is pretty accurate in terms of jealousy (the business card scene).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.