[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE 8 BRAIN CIRCUITS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 8-circuits-consciousness.jpg (241KB, 1000x1381px) Image search: [Google]
8-circuits-consciousness.jpg
241KB, 1000x1381px
Recently I finished reading "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson. I found his descriptions of Leary's model of the 8 brain circuits fascinating. But it left me wondering what parts of the brain are these circuts specifically located in? Wilson said that the Neurosemantic circuit is bonded into the right cortex, and neurologically linked to the limbic first circuit system and the genitalia. He later goes on to say that the Neurogenetic is most likely located in the right Neocortex. However I don't believe he specifically states where in the brain the other ones are Located?

I know circuits I - IV are located in the left brain, while V - VIII are right brain functions, but has anyone mapped out specifically where all these circuits would be located? Are there any infographs or writings that detail this? This one seems to map out WHERE they are located but it doesn't name WHAT these chunks of the brain are. Could anyone provide me with this info? I'm really into human biology or neuroscience so I'm not sure where to look.
>>
>>18771005
Describe each function and I'll try to link it to a brain section.
>>
File: 8circuits.jpg (69KB, 530x349px) Image search: [Google]
8circuits.jpg
69KB, 530x349px
>>18771210
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-circuit_model_of_consciousness

Relatively short descriptions on wiki
>>
Debunked by science, that's not how the brain works
>>
>>18771241
>The vegetative-invertebrate circuit (Wilson)The oral bio-survival circuit

This one it's located in the cerebelum, in the relatin between the Medulla Oblongata and the Hipotalamus.

It's the basic brain functionality.

>The emotional-locomotion circuit (Wilson)The anal territorial circuit.

This it's related to our emotional center, also located near the centre of the brain in cerebellum, the Hipotalamus, the amygdala, and the hormone production centers in the digestive system.

>The laryngeal-manual symbolic circuit (Wilson)The semantic time-binding circuit

This it's located in the Broca's area and Wernicke's area, the first one it's located in the frontal lobe left hemisphere (in right handed persons) and the second one in the temporal lobe.
>>
>>18772410
>Debunked by science
Show us the science that debunks this science.
>>
>>18772416
>The socio-sexual domestication circuit (Wilson)The socio-sexual circuit

This it's interesting cause the areas affected by this are all over the place, hormone production and reward circuit neurotransmiters are located in the genitals and the digestive system, the rest depends on what fetish you are pushing for what area of the brain will be affected, this can be related to sensory stimulus, like smells or visual, located in the center of the brain and the visual cortex of the temporal lobe respectively, this crosses over with the frontal cortex and the reward mechanism.
>>
>>18772429
>The neurosomatic circuit.

This it's described as a mix between the Somatosensory system, and what the early gestaltics called the somatic brain.

The internal perception of our own perception, but understood as a material sensory experience.

>The neuro-electric circuit (Wilson)The metaprogramming circuit.

This it's undestood as advanced learning, as function of our pre-frontal cortex but combined with the theory, new at the time, of neuron flexibility, in the sense that believes the brain to be re-wireable.

>The neurogenetic circuit (Wilson)The morphogenetic circuit

Ephigenetics, fucking love this cause modern studies on the RNA and DNA sequences prove that we store information in genes that are more advanced and complex than previously known, including emotional trauma based experiences.
>>
>>18772462
>The neuro-atomic metaphysiological (Wilson)The non-local quantum circuit.

New Age mambo jambo, about our brains working at quantum level, and stupid chess plays to cheat AIs.
>>
>>18772416
>>18772428
>>18772429
>>18772462
>>18772469
Thank you my friend, I will look into all of this to learn more about how everything functions.
>>18772410
It's a just a scientific model to describe the different stages of brain development and what each of these portions of the brain do. How was it debunked
>>
>>18772462
Do you know if there is a part of the brain where the DNA RNA info is stored.
>>
>>18773022
In the cells dumbass
>>
>>18773098
It's a little more specific than that anon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.