[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an explaination of a line from the tao te ching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1486823617509.png (717KB, 577x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1486823617509.png
717KB, 577x1177px
>Therefore the sage manages affairs without doing anything, and conveys his instructions without the use of speech.

what did he mean by this?

pic unrelated
>>
>>18770038
It means a sage is not a downvote and sage bombing and announcing you've saged a thread is against 4chan rules.
>>
>>18770038
You are the universe. Nothing you do can interfere with the course of the universe, because you are the universe acting as itself, for itself, by itself. You are ok. Everything is ok.
>>
>>18770038
when you do your true will, you apply no effort whatsoever. a harmonious flow, not a pressure.
>>
>without doing anything,
I think it refers to the principle of wu-wei, doing by non-doing, meaning when you do things while embodying the tao you don't really "act", from the standpoint of the personal will
>without use the speech
It may not mean literaly not speaking, (although silence can be a teaching in itself). The sages speaks without content, they only lead people to realize that they don't know shit, which is equivalent in a way to not saying anything
>>
>>18770118
thanks for the bump my man
>>
>>18770155
>>18770174
>>18770197
thank you for your replies
>>
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (10KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
10KB, 260x260px
>>18770038
The reason the yin-yang looks so liquid is it means, quite simply, "go with the flow"
>>
File: 2013-09-12 011.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-12 011.png
2MB, 1360x768px
>when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
>>
>>18770254
I love you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZ73Lc5VS8
>>
>>18770254
that is interesting that helped me understand:
>The work is done, but how no one can see
>It is this that makes the power not cease to be

The HOW that one can't perceive is more important that what was to be perceived in the first place. and in acting so no one perceives it you embody wu-wei. Truth maybe as well?
>>
>>18770282
same person, is wu-wei truth?
>>
>>18770286
>>18770282
Check this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZi7ZV-SWI
>>
>>18770286
The way that can be spoken of is not the constant way, unfortunately. You have to find it in yourself. Even when you seem lost, know that even that is part of the path. How things seem and how they are are rarely if ever the same.
>>
>>18770038
To be Wu Wei, the actionless action. To change the world by not contributing or simply being the example set.
>>
>>18770286
"The Tao is the potential of
its philosophy for the domination of his rate in a child; when the interest was
on the end and the end of the sea standing in their name belonging to the field in that same thing in the beauty of the form, and
he properly then increased more than with a lamp which were in stomach."
>>
>>18770038
Only Truth & Lie become existant thru linguistic verbalization or written.......

Reality of The Way encompasses both Truth & Lie and cannot be spoken or written only Lived/Experienced.
>>
>>18770038
Sage goes in all fields
>>
>>18770366
crop rotation bruh, put noko in one field
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.