[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder that nature and reality is stranger then fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15

File: quantum_double_slit_photon.jpg (39KB, 610x430px) Image search: [Google]
quantum_double_slit_photon.jpg
39KB, 610x430px
Just a reminder that nature and reality is stranger then fantasy
>>
>>18768361
thanks, i totally forgot for a minute there.
>>
It's really not that strange, just waves interfering with each other.
>>
File: 1485216626298.png (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1485216626298.png
9KB, 276x183px
>>18768683
nothing to contemplate here goys
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>18768710
>he's not smart enough to understand the double slits
>>
>>18768361
>singel
triggered
>>
File: 1488308065814.jpg (23KB, 360x517px) Image search: [Google]
1488308065814.jpg
23KB, 360x517px
>>18768710
I'm just like you goyim.
>>
>>18768683

The fact that particles act like waves when their not being measured is pretty fucking strange.
>>
File: 1484178407050.png (979KB, 1001x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1484178407050.png
979KB, 1001x1100px
>>18768722
>thinks you need to be smart to understand the basics of these experiments
>>
>>18768361
>singel

But in all seriousness, it is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>18768837
It saves processing power in the matrix.
>>
File: 1484523694596.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484523694596.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>18768831

I don't believe in "the jews".
>>
>>18768361
https://youtu.be/DfPeprQ7oGc

https://youtu.be/oc4GOkHfxBY

https://youtu.be/7hzSjnPikIU

This is a simulated reality that we reside in.
The last video is long, but interesting.
I love Thomas Campbell's take on things.
>>
>>18768837
Not that strange since you need to affect stuff in order to measure it.
>>
Maybe the results of the double slit expierment are just a phenomenological illusion, like those little floaters you get in your eyes when the cells die.
>>
File: 1485510101630.png (662KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1485510101630.png
662KB, 600x849px
>>18769367

What would the "Horus" heiroglyth be if you translated it to modern parlance?
>>
>MUH CONSCIOUSNESS
>MUH MATRIX
>MUH SIMULATION

Please hang yourself if this is what you take from quantum theory.
>>
>>18769574

Why don't you hang your self?
>>
>>18769574
Just watch the second video from
>>18769423
You really think it's not possible that reality at its core, behaves as a simulation (doesn't mean it isn't a natural phenomena), maybe not to the definition that a lot of lonely people have given it, but to some degree?
>>
>>18769574
This Ape is right. There's no such thing as >MUH CONSCIOUSNESS
>>
>>18768722
You shit
>>
File: 91132118 .jpg (64KB, 427x567px) Image search: [Google]
91132118 .jpg
64KB, 427x567px
>>
File: tom.jpg (8KB, 184x275px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
8KB, 184x275px
buy my book you little shits
papa needs some more pastel colored polo shirts and beard clippers :D
>>
>>18769551
da joos got beak nose
>>
>>18768683
The thing is the waves interfere with each other while they don't exist at the same point in time.
>>
>>18768361
And in the second part of the experiment, where detectors are placed to check which side the wave went through, the interference pattern disappears. But wtf are the detectors doing to the experiments results? I have yet to be told how you detect a photon fly past you, and not absorb it into the detector, in which case how does the background screen detect it. How does it interfere with the lights waves in general. This experiment only proves to me how much people don't know wtf they're doing when setting up an experiment. How come no new trials in this regard have been conducted? I call bull-pile-o-shit-o-clock. Its a trap to make you stop thinking logically and accept whatever they tell you at the end of the educational video/program. Mind control.
>>
>>18768837
>particles act like waves

It's the other way around. Waves and fields are fundamental, particles are what happens when a wave collapses.

Particles don't actually exist until we disturb the field.

>>18769423
Tom Campbell is pretty based but the other two videos you posted are bullshit, especially the first one.
>>
>>18770466

>Particles don't actually exist until we disturb the field.

Still pretty spoopy, but not as much as I hoped. Can you ruin quantum entanglement for me?
>>
>>18770494
No, but I can make this spoopy again if you'd like.

If you fire an electron and leave the detector running, but destroy the data, you get a wave. But, if you look at the data you get a particle.

Looking at the data alone can collapse the wave, even if you're in another room.

It's not the observation that collapses the wave, but the "knowing" the result that collapses the wave.

Here, Tom explains it better..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg
>>
>>18770530
Ooo a theory of everything, will definitely check it out. I feel like a kid in a candy store.
>>
>>18770443
Mfw when I always wondered these same things...
>noprooforrepeatableevidencewtf.bmp
>>
File: 5_zkGt.gif (817KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5_zkGt.gif
817KB, 320x240px
>>18770530
pseudoscience is filled with silly contradictions like this guy here. he exploits the double slit experiment which is baffling only because we don't yet understand why measuring devices allow electrons to behave the way they do. there's no solid evidence at all that backs up this charlatan's strenuous (buy muh books) yakety-yak.

if pseudoscience had any basis in reality wouldn't our combined desire for spoops, ayys, sasquamch, cryptits actually become reality by now? nope. just a bunch of personal paranormal experiences that all have logical, scientific explanations (sleep paralysis, schizophrenia, etc.).

you just can't change reality with your mind without a course of action.
>>
>>18770530
the comments on this video are sickening
>>
File: Kim_EtAl_Quantum_Eraser.svg.png (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kim_EtAl_Quantum_Eraser.svg.png
62KB, 800x600px
>>18771395
If you haven't done it already, I recommend you read the first part of his books (protip: you don't have to buy them) to understand where he's coming from, he has a lot of stuff directed towards exactly people like you. At worst, you'll just have wasted some time and ended up with an even greter reassurance in your own superior beliefs.
>>
>>18768837
>particles act like waves when their not being measured

How does anyone know what it acts like if nothing's measuring it?
>>
>>18769437
You forgot the fact that the detector can be switched of and 'affecting' the particles, but you still get an interference pattern until you actually collect the data. Everyone forgets that fact. It's NOT the act of measuring that causes the interference pattern to disappear, it's the act of COLLECTING THE DATA. In other words, the act of knowing the result.

Even weirder is the fact if you do the experiment in a box no-one can see, collect the data, then you can destroy the data and lift up the box and see an interference pattern, or you can not destroy the data lift up the box and see two lines.

The universe knows if you know which slit the particles went through.
>>
>>18771395
I'm not supporting the massive amount of quantum quackery the double slit experiment has caused, but the result is still very strange. Physicists say that it's not consciousness that collapses the wave but the wave doesn't actually collapse until...Well a conscious being knows about it. In fact we know from the quantum eraser experiment that reality will retroactively change results based on whether we measured the particle or not.

According to the math the 'observer' doesn't need to be conscious, but the experiments sure point to the conclusion that knowing the result is changing the universes behavior.
>>
>>18770443
Woot woot! Exackery.

>>18771555
Where's this repeatable data? Is it real or just your mouth spewing my dear anon-friend?
>>
>>18768722
My understanding is when you measure light you stop believing in it fully and see a single reflection. Believe and get the wave in full. I think.

>>18769574
Shill?

>>18770494
If I get this right I am quantum entanglement basically in a way as I am the connection to what we know of the Earth and ourselves and so the two don't exist as equal and opposite. Again a total stretch until proper study but a guess.
>>
>>18770494
I can ruin quantum entanglement for you.

The simplest system to represent this uses two states. Say we have Lab A and Lab B, and the entanglement state is |psi-> = (1/sqrt(2))(|01>-|10>). Each Lab has a particle. Now in A we also have another system |phi> = alpha*|0> + beta*|1>. Hence the total is |S> = (alpha*|0> + beta*|1>) x (1/sqrt(2))(|01>-|10>).

If you distribute this it becomes more usable:
!S> = (1/2)*{|phi+>(alpha*|1>-beta*|0>) + |phi->(alpha*|1>+beta*|0>) + |psi+>*(-alpha*|0> + beta*|1> - |psi->*(alpha*|0>+beta*|1>))}

From there measuring M1 and M2 in Lab A is trivial, and result in a set of eigenvalues ( 1,1 ; 1,-1 ; -1,-1 ; and -1,1). From there to replicate the prior |phi> = alpha*|0> + beta*|1> in Lab B they'd need the eigenvalue from the measurement in Lab A. This would have to be transmitted classically, to be able to measure a Pauli Matrix out of their entangled particle, and thus replicate the system in Lab A.

As you need that critical piece of classical data, you can not transmit any information using the entangled system faster than light, even though the system itself does change instantly. Remember that prohibitions on faster than light travel are really just prohibitions on information travelling faster than light.

>>18771635
no

>>18771571
It becomes a problem of philosophy at that point. If a photon collapses a waveform and rebounds off into space never to be seen by human eyes, does it matter? It's tree in a forest type shit. The notion that waveforms don't collapse until human brains notice it is just an absurd notion. Even Wigner, the man who came up with the idea in the first place, later abandoned it.
>>
>>18771555
OR it could just be how our organized brains interpret waveform data which our brains may feel are too overwhelming to focus on every possible outcome at the same time, so it simplifies waves into particles, particles that may be illusions themselves because how could we distinctly prove they are not illusions without "knowing" that they are?

it could just be how our brains are programmed since birth. we all see the same colors, generally know what smells good or bad, but alas! what's really intriguing about the whole reality/illusion thing are people who are 100% blind since birth. they don't see darkness or light (they can sense these things thru heat), but since their eyes don't function at all, the idea of sight just doesn't exist. can you imagine that your vision 100% not existing at all? it's just not there. You can smell, hear and touch objects (they exist, yet they don't). it's hard for me to wrap my head around that shit but it's a normal reality for some, just like us trying to describe what colors are to them. we can conceive of our separate realities but we can't 100% comprehend what it's like.

when we Google "nothing" you get darkness or light images because it's impossible to actually show a true "nothing" image. a blind person experiences this because they can't see images at all.
>>
>>18771739
Yes it's confusing because I figured out years before my death so this movie is starting way early. This is speculation on my part.

Basically it is how you're programmed from birth in a way because god is as fact all present and so all powerful. I was born not knowing god existed and never believed nobody told me. I was always happy unknowingly and so god but whoever thought they were god more exerted their crazy will over the entire world basically. So the lesson of my life was to be unknowing and all powerful and some kid I know was probably me in a past life who "skewed" off and was the "dark knight" of the last universe where the most powerful ended up digging in his noggin and indirectly doomed himself by starting this world. Basically I'm too smart for my own game, saw this all coming and said fuck the guy controlling this I'm not letting this go on for a single day longer. I spent this whole time thinking everybody was awesome and I was just kind of sad for some reason. I didn't even know what music is. I'm the best fucking rapper in the world now. Wait how fucked is this exactly?

Not sure how my life and the universal cycling thing works exactly in tandem but it might be in tandem with my 18th birthday. Literally nobody told me.
>>
>>18773080
All those Drake songs like I'm still here dog, I fall back just to see how it unfolds. I am Bob Dylan's dream, the times they are a changing, the bird on the horizon.

Now I'd like to start off by thanking our sponsor for financing the parts to this Frankenstein monster. I am am putting you all back together.
>>
Ah yes, quantum bullshit. As believeable as either theory of relativity... Not that the experiment could've been done wrong or anything.... Oh no... Better not bring that part up...shit always makes me laugh.
>>
>>18768361
>then
Fucking nigger.
>>
File: PID_ELECTRO_MAGNET_MK2.png (5KB, 72x50px) Image search: [Google]
PID_ELECTRO_MAGNET_MK2.png
5KB, 72x50px
discord.gg/dVEEDk5

Official Matrix Discussion Discord
>>
>>18771549
yep

tip since it seems you're new to discovering NPCs. about
90% of people (even those who post on chans) are NPCs. this example: only NPCs fail to see the logical contradiction of knowing how unobserved particles act when not observed.

world
becomes lonely when you realize most people are NPCs but you also become less prone to embarassment
>>
File: vanessa-carlton-1.jpg (154KB, 891x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vanessa-carlton-1.jpg
154KB, 891x1200px
get laid figgots
>>
>>18775488
Why is everyone ignoring these anons below? Is everyone on here a shill or NPC themselves? I want spiderman answers, damnit!! All I see is talk about shit that's not completely verifiable, and these anons bring up the points. So why the fuck is everyone here talking about some made up bullshit from a faulty experiment whose results may have 0 basis in reality outside a flawed experiemtn?
>>18775172
>>18771634
>>18770919
>>18770443
Hmmm!?!?

>>18771520
You're right it is sickening. As bad as any video on Elon Musk. Fucking fake ass comments is what I say. Made up bullshit to support a made up theory. Can't believe people even buy this stuff.. This tom guy seems to mix some shit thats real with some shit that isn't, and toy with peoples emotions to make them fall into a scientism cult trap.
>>
wait so the double slit experiment itself is bullshit? would anybody saying this care to legitimize THAT?
>>
>>18768361
hence the reason this board exists, aside from the creepypasta autism
>>
>>18775753
Yea cause after they hooked up detectors, they went willy nilly with the new results not having a waveform, but never continued to check if the detectors were causing it, or explained how the fuck if they emitted a single photon or electron, how it struck the back plate and registered if it also went into the detector on its way there.

tl;dr they never double checked the results or did cross examination to find another explanation. Then went crazy with math that has no basis in reality.
>>
>>18775753
>>18775850
Exactly. Its like ball earth theory. The more you put it under critical examination, the more it falls apart and the more you realize you've been lied to.

Good luck with your bullshit quantum,general/special relativity theories you scientism cuck faggots! Hahahah!....I leave you with a quote...

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. " - Nikola Tesla
>>
File: 1443304454967.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443304454967.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
flat earth bullshit, nevermind.
>>
>>18775898
He van have his own beliefs the earth, that does negate the fact that he's right about the experiment. Where the fuck are the repeated tests? Where is the further testing to validate the first?
>>
>>18775913
sure it does. i believe that he's completely wrong.
i can have my beliefs right?

have fun dude.
>>
>>18775916
His beliefs and yours do not equate the fact the the double slit experiment is flawed. He is correct in that regard man.
These anons need answers:
>>18775172
>>18771634
>>18770919
>>18770443
>>18775850
>>18775871
>>
>>18775172
Electrostatic characteristics in MOSFETs are better explained by Quantum Electrodynamics than they are by Maxwell's laws. Your microprocessor could not work according to Maxwell's laws. If that isn't enough of a test then I don't know what is.

General Relativity is wrong but a very accurate approximation.

>>18775488
We can see how they interact with other particles and barriers is the point. Measure at the end. We actually thought particles were waves first due to Maxwells equations, it was only later that a particle aspect was discovered. It's good to remember Quantum refers to Quanta, or a discrete quantity. In the original formulations you could simply regard, say a photon, as a discrete packet of wave. It's a little more complex now but the basic idea remains the same.

>>18775719
Yeah, MBT isn't taken seriously, at least where I study. Quackery sucks.

>>18775850
>>18775960
You know the double slit experiment isn't the only experiment on quantum mechanics right.

iirc the versions with detectors are done with electrons, you can detect their magnetic field as they pass by.

Anyways, that's only applicable for the variant where a detection medium is placed for the slits. Do you have any problem with the basic experiment where the backplate acts as the sole detector?

>>18775913
Repeated tests on it are done all the time. It's a very easy experiment to replicate.

>>18775871
Nice shitpost brah
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.