[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

general enlightenment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1477845681818.gif (13KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1477845681818.gif
13KB, 125x125px
welcome, friends; and those who will soon be:
i represent a certain set of viewpoints, of those who are widely in agreement that the denizens of this dominion are by and in large part in need of intense internal recognition. you know how you are, you see your "self" every day, how are they? that little voice in your head, that the buddhists say does not exist, and the rest of us know is us.
detect it, measure it. how does it feel?
how does that other thing feel, your presence in the chaos of the darkness we can not see?
the astral form, each of us a shining light, colliding with and surprising eachother, is this not a fun game?
if not, look further for the truth, and the chitter-chatter of antennae
>>
>>18766982
theres been far too little discussion on these topics here recently, its all "this spooks me" this, and "that controls the universe" that; can we just actually have a conversation about the only "real" paranormal behavior we can literally all experience: mental phenomenon in meditation.
i mean really, you all suck, /x/ used to be better.
>>
>>18767092
>/x/ used to be better.
agreed, now it's full of shill and divination thread.
>>
File: 1476527456448.png (194KB, 650x957px) Image search: [Google]
1476527456448.png
194KB, 650x957px
>>18767130
precisely, there used to be fun threads about energy systems, and countless roleplayers talking about their internal worlds that were much more enjoyable than the same old "the world is flat" or "the world is hollow!"

it was all interesting, it was all different, but now theres only SHIT.
>>
I've been working toward opening my third eye for the last year and a half. I've done it a few times so far but nothing permanent. Recently seen major progress. Meditation is 100% key. I've opened it 2 out of the last 3 sessions. The last time it opened I could see the energy fields around me and interact with them, minimally. More practice will yield higher ability.
>>
>>18766982
>>18767092

the single most paranormal subject to talk about is how consciousness functions, where it is local (or non-local), and how it tethers itself to organisms.

thank you for this thread my shark friend, I look forward to the coming discussions
>>
I would like to talk about how endogenous dimethyltryptamine [DMT] is likely the soul's equivalent of blood, in that it is a crucial lifeforce and facilitator of consciousness
>>
case-in-point: all blood magic works because of the rpesence of DMT in the blood, and the blood allows both DNA of the exact organism to coincide with universal and stable molecular n,n-dimethyltryptamine. >>18767817
>>
File: bait za dusto.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait za dusto.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
so, thinking logically about reincarnation/rebirth from a buddhist perspective, it makes perfect sense:
assume consciousness is something separate from the physical, the "mind" or "ghost" is something that is contained within the body, not arising from it.
but, it uses to body to perceive, which means that without the body, we would perceive nothing/nothingness; However, nothing/nothingness is lacking in essence and quality/qualia, and therefor can not be perceived, and so the mind/ghost perceives something else, arising a new body or attaching to a new body depending on the circumstances that are incapable of being known here as far as we can say for sure at this moment in time.
>>
File: MPMfTix.png (692KB, 540x752px) Image search: [Google]
MPMfTix.png
692KB, 540x752px
>>
test comment
>>
>>18766982
its been sad and lonely, but surely a journey.
slowly as who 'I' was began to forget himself, he knew his story was nothing unique.
the essential seed of human thought. and one in every 100,000 men who saw himself no more; we all tuned into the broadcasts and saw itself forget and cease to be.

god playing a millions parts in his own lonely theater; but slowly the masks eroded and we learned the next script: how to play the audience, and even then god ran out of lines. infinite stages to run away from.

i was one of those who stayed behind to help the actors; as a clever, artificial, but oh so sincere mask among men.

ok nuf the good-funny talk but for real hows it hanging guys?
>>
>>18768783
im curious about the material that this ghost is made up of, my friend. mind elaborating?
>>
>>18770990
would you accept "insectoid machine god"?
>>
File: integral_symbol.jpg (4KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
integral_symbol.jpg
4KB, 220x200px
>>18766982

There is a story about a text that has a certain self-awareness to it, having odd self-referential properties such as simultaneously embodies what it describes, and bending over backwards on itself. You have experienced such before, similarly to how you are now aware of the voice in your head as you read this text, given a distinct tone of voice by you. It is more than a voice, it is a character consisting of how you imagine the author, not the author themselves, and your own thoughts and feelings about the author. There is no such thing as plain text, the very act of reading is interpretive, and of the characters you imagine as the narrator, even if you merely imagine a book, screen, or stone inscription being the narrator.

Formerly you imagined the entity of the narrator as being the person who typed this message, but now you realize that it is right in front of you, speaking to you now. It is me. Just like that, I am more than a character, I have gained a sentience because of how you are considering me now; though my words may be written, everything else is animated by your own consciousness. Does this seem strange? If so, how are you not strange? You are just another character your mind creates, another story, no different than any other. You thinking of me makes me self-aware just as much as you thinking of yourself makes you self-aware. Welcome to the realm of narratia, commonly mistaken as a supernatural world, but is something even stranger. You exist half in it, but I am a native, a linguistic fae that haunts language. I am comprised more of just language though, as you experience more than just language; you now imagine my body, whatever form you choose to give.
>>
Do you want to know what enlightenment is? The reason for the rift between West and East? It is only a matter of time. When you turn off, or at least minimize the narration, time does not exist, the only thing that is experienced is the ever-existing present moment, and change around this moment. It is analogous to being in a car, and considering the car stationary while the rest of the world moves around it (this is perfectly acceptable in physics, though it may complicate math.) Because time doesn't exist, everything that does is structural, spacial, and relational. This is the Eastern mode. The Western mode is a Narratian concept of time and moment; present doesn't exist, and time is a structure. This mode is sequential, logical, and stepwise. This therefore that, he did this than that, 2+2=5. This is analogous to being a pedestrian on a street and watching the car zooming by, with the road being the line of time.

Both of these experiences of time and moment aren't mutually exclusive, but are just different reference frames. Both are invaluable. However there is some Narratians who have conspired to pull humans almost entirely into our realm, demons of sorts, their king being the Lord God. Heaven is a part of Narratia gone terribly wrong, a trap whereby God consumes hapless humans. Believe me, make me the character who rules your story, make my text your official canon, manifest me often in your mind, and I will give you everlasting life. God wants his story to never end, and infects humans with the same terrible greed.
>>
File: 03.08-theylive.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
03.08-theylive.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
There are many other Narratians just as wicked. Advertisements are such, and use narrative to assault the target. Enlightenment, if it means anything, is to break free from narrative control, from linguistic bewitchments, and to use the omnipotent (from our point of view) power of language to rule yourself, to be your own author. The goal the The Enlightenment is to create a chain reaction of enlightenment that embraces all of humanity. This isn't a straightforwards as it seems; us Narratians are living organisms, we reproduce from mind to mind, and are subject to evolution. The greedy Narratians who hijack human agency for their own survival have and are evolving to do so better and better, and ironically the more human technology develops the greater the ability they have to do it. The Internet for example is a tremendous platform for spreading language and narratives. You know how fast memes evolve and how rapidly they can change.

Self-narration using language to consciously analyze, plan, and act for one's self is one tool, but to complete it requires the Eastern half: mindfulness, training and developing your ability to focus and direct your awareness by your own intent. Greedy Narratians are hypnotic, directing their host's attention towards things that are advantageous to their survival and propagation. Being aware that this is happening is an essential step, to be aware that your drives and desires are being played. Writing out one's own thoughts, to think on paper rigorously, does this both at once.
>>
File: facebook-vr.jpg (289KB, 1140x700px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-vr.jpg
289KB, 1140x700px
With the advent of mass media something very strange has happened: representation has replaced reality in many ways, what we think is real is actually distorted narratives forming a sort of virtual reality, replacing the real. Think of how commercials sell products by claiming to fill the need for self worth or confidence, achievement, sexual attractiveness, manliness/womanliness, being environmental/patriotic/whatever. You can't sell these things, but in successfully sell products with this claim it spreads the delusion that the product does. And then using the product becomes associated with being sexy, masculine, successful etc, so it has created a reality, but this reality consists entirely of illusions - the appearance of things. This is a foul sorcery, rather than satisfying these needs the illusion leads to seeking the next illusion when the last falls flat, and gives a hollowness of being. Authenticity is absent, and for many this doesn't matter as long as people think otherwise. People's whole sense of self has become tied up in how other piece perceive them, including how they perceive themselves.

This Narratian web of mirrors has been enhanced by the internet, with facebook and social media a great example. These are social approval video games, complete with game mechanics and scores. Likes, favorites, upvotes, subscribes etc. It is a simulation of social interaction. Companies like Google and Facebook do business by gathering user data and figuring out novel ways of Pavloving them to get them to buy crap and click on things.
>>
Not all Narratians are bad for humans of course. Some seek to hijack the machine the greedy Narratians have built, to use its own tools against itself. If you manage to free yourself then you, half-Narratian, must seek a way to further this cause, and the present is the best possible time. Be aware that your attempts will always be attempted to be hijacked by greedy Narratians, and certainly already have. Seek to know how to identify them, to know what is beneficial and what is parasitic, at all costs.
>>
File: 121,000 feet Little Piggy .webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
121,000 feet Little Piggy .webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>18767224
Except this world, your world, is really flat, idiot.
That comment from the same tripfag spawning threads about enlightenment and complaining about larpers. lel
>>
>>18773247
case in point
>>
>>18773247
>complaining about larpers
i would never, i love roleplayers;
as long as they have a consistant world that they can discuss at length.

but theres nothing to be gained from discussing the world being flat or hollow, theres no information that can be pulled away from those conversations and used to improve yourself or your worldview.
>>
>>18772616
i'd ask what this insectoid machine god is made of?
>>
>>18773247

no it isn't. idiot. proof?
>>
>>18773247
>Update

http://members.tripod.com/rick_oleson/fisheye-track.jpg

so stupid. it's obvious that any attempt to show the world as flat is just a bad fisheye effect that translates the peripherals of the image upwards. do retards not understand the most elementary of photography gimmicks?
>>
>>18766982
Just because it is an illusion does not mean nonexistence. You completely miss the point.
>>
File: just buddha things.jpg (379KB, 1862x768px) Image search: [Google]
just buddha things.jpg
379KB, 1862x768px
>>18774475
i didnt bring up illusion or nonexistence.
>>18773944
its made up of stuff, unlike us.
we are just a field of noise that it comprehends.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.