[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic for self improvement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1445695675422.jpg (28KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
28KB, 600x602px
Did any of you ever used magic to better yourselves in any way? Either practical (like concentration, attention, etc), mental (like control of emotions, optimism, courage, etc) or spiritual?

What were your results? What magic/sadhana/whatevs you did?
>>
>>18766578
Ritual in itself is good for the human mind, doing so with direct intention of bettering yoursel couldn't hurt. It's pretty much the whole basis of "white" magic.

Keep practicing children
>>
Currently practice meditation and Qigong every day, if that counts.

Benefits - massively improved mood and emotional stability, much better health, more energetic, more spiritually "in touch," able to sense Qi in myself and the environment and I've had some really cool experiences while practicing.
>>
>>18766578
that's actually the point of golden dawn style ceremonial magick
>>
>>18767518

But how many people can you point to who've achieved that using the Golden Dawn curriculum?
>>
>>18767548
hang around the occult magic general, that's where they congregate here.

i know of a few off hand, and i've found that simple GD ritual is excellent for concentration and visualization which is helpful as an artist. It has also helped with meditation and being able to analyze my self. If you're actually interested, try visiting the occult/magic general.
>>
>>18767569

I've read /OMG/ on and off for years, it's just armchair practitioners jerking off for the most part. They talk a big game but when you try and nail them down on what they're actually doing and achieving, they skitter away.

And last I checked in it was all Thelemties, nobody doing the actual GD praxis.
>>
>>18767610
i'm not sure why you'd expect anything more from a random thread, then.
>>
>>18767619

I don't, I'm just pointing out that nobody actually seems to be getting anywhere with the GD work. It's a dead end.
>>
>>18767653
ok.
>>
When I was little I used to wish on shooting stars that girls would like me. Then girls DID like me later. So yea.
>>
>>18767491
how can i do that direct me to a start
>>
>>18766578
Deep meditation and trance states may help but definitely not magic you larger lmfao.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>18770729

Same thing used to happen to me. I always chalked it up to my passable looks. Now that Im older I realize the importance of hard work and intention.
>>
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=10#14
I like this exercise.

>10.14 Questioner: For general development [of the] reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?
>Ra: I am Ra.

>Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and usable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

>Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

>Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

>Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.

>The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer. With this attitude, these exercises can be processed. Without it, the data will not sink down into the roots of the tree of mind, thus enabling and ennobling the body and touching the spirit.
>>
This is The most importante thread on The board.
>>
>>18766578

Yea mate, I used this magic called will power and just blasted all my obstacles out of the fucking way. Feeling on fire!
>>
>>18776434
A part of magic is pretty much based on will. In attaining states were you can canalize your will without interference from your mind and emotions so you can achieve reaults
>>
>>18776896
In their inability to show any magickal effects, the magickfags have lowered their bars so low that everything is magic now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.