[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most reddit cryptid and why is it the skinwalker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: redditor.jpg (53KB, 600x952px) Image search: [Google]
redditor.jpg
53KB, 600x952px
What is the most reddit cryptid and why is it the skinwalker?
>>
They capitalize on white guilt, fear of indian hoodoo, and actually being real.
>>
Sucubbus duh
>>
>>18766600
>white guilt
What do you mean?
>>
>>18766614
White americans are raised to be ashamed of what "they" did to the American Indians, so because of this they have unreasonably high respect for anything that they percieve as Indian, including skinwalkers. Thats why you got 14 y/o redheads saying they are 3/17ths cherokee.
>>
>>18766600

So the yeti?
>>
>>18766560
That's it.

I'm so sick of this bullshit fucking meme. I'm done. That's it. That's enough. Ever notice how even up to 2012, no one ever mentioned skinwalkers on this board? Only a brief mention in cryptozoology threads once in a blue fucking moon. Fast forward to our current year and everyone and their fucking retarded brother has had some kind of meme experience with MUH SKINWALKERS. Every fucking day a new thread is posted. HURR HOW DOES I HUNT THE SKINWALKER?? SKINWALKER ENCOUNTER!! I THINK MY FRIEND IS A SKINWALKER *farts*. Well, that's fucking ENOUGH. Every day, every same bullshit story. Hurr me went camping with friend. Hurr he went missing awhile he come back he quiet he talk different. He no longer make eye contact when he cums. Hurrrrr

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF!!!!!!
>>
>>18766633
But whites did bad thing to indians, even in my country
But I never knew someone ashamed of that, or any of my americans friends have told me they were raised that way
>>
>>18766656
No one talks about it, but you can see it in white americans. Its not just indians, they get shit for slavery too. Im not condoning any of these terirble thigns, mind you. I've just been that kid that everyone looks at when they talk about indians and the kk and everything like that. Alot of children arent mature enough to recognize that it wasnt them and that they arent to blame.
>>
>>18766667
My grammer and spelling is shit, sorry friends, cracked keyboard.
>>
>>18766656
It's not very common, honestly, but retards on the internet catch a whiff of a white guy sympathizing with another race over something bad that happened and they start foaming at the mouth and going "HURRRR ANOTHER SJW WITH WHITE GUILT!!!!"
>>
I dont want this to get away from what my point was about white guilt. The point is, we oversympathise with Indians because of fake guilt, and because of that we give more respect to ideas from that culture, like skinwalkers and wendigis and the like.

Theres nothing racist or sjw going on, its just human nature, and frankly i think indian stuff is really cool anyways so whatever.
>>
>>18766697
You may be right, and perhaps I went a little overboard in my condemnation after seeing similar threads on /b/ all day.

I agree that people need to make it more clear about whose fault it was -- people who died a long time ago did some awful stuff, and kids today shouldn't feel like they had anything to do with it.
>>
>>18766718
Its cool, i get where you are coming from, its rough out there. And yea i get what you mean. Its difficult to convey the truth of these orrible things while also making it clear that people who look similar to the criminals are not responsible. Frankly, when you consider the fact that the USA is a giant indian burial ground, all the supernatural stuff makes more sense.
>>
>>18766697
Now that I think about it, I have never talked with a native here in Mexico, I usually see them on the street, but never had a chance to meet one
I wonder if they have some good stories to share
>>
>>18766750
Possibly, but unless you go to a res probably not. Most of them dont even remember the names of thier gods anymore, its sad.
>>
>>18766776
Maybe I should research some about the legends and tales of the land, I dont even know what happened to the natives of my state
>>
>>18766633

By that logic I should be scared of jews
>>
>>18766791
You should fear them man, they are the chosen people, just remember the shit they have done in the past
Even their God should be feared, fucker kills babies
>>
>>18766790
Thats a good idea. Im from NH so alot of natives here just kinda joined the US for mutual benefit from what im told. Though they actually invented our form of government which is super cool.
>>
>>18766791
The jews worship a war god, damn straight you should fear them. Fun fact, jehovas witnesses and mormons also worship that god, not the authentic christian god, who is actually also a war god, though a different one.
>>
>>18766800

Their all Yahweh, the Jewish god, the Christian god, the Muslim god, the Mormon god. All the decendants of abraham.

That's not to say Jesus was a follower of this god, but I'm sure he would object to any form of "christianity" if only because of the implications of the name.
>>
>>18766633
Why should white people be ashamed of what happened to the native americans?

The right of conquest applies here. Vae Victis, and all that. War is a natural consequence of when two groups of people want the same thing. We both wanted that land, it's just that white people apparently wanted it a little bit more. But it turned out okay for the survivors, we agreed to let them live on our land. I doubt any other conquering force would have granted them the luxury.
>>
>>18766654

t. skinwalker
>>
I live on the navajo rez, and y'all don't know shit about skinwalkers. It's funny how obsessed you guys are.
>>
>>18766656
I think the media plays an important role in white guilt. It seems like anything that white people do nowadays is seen as racist. It's kind of gotten out of hand. I know that there are racist white people, I'm related to a few of them, but racism goes both ways. It's still wrong though.
>>
>>18766560
There's a difference between the actual Dine "skinwalker" legend and the internet meme, fuck off.
>>
>>18766600
And Algernon Blackwood
>>
File: the archetype grinman.jpg (7KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
the archetype grinman.jpg
7KB, 195x258px
>>18766560
It's Grinman
>>
>>18766828
The one-god that spoke to jesus is not the same one-god who spoke to mohammed.
>>
I really don't give a flying fuck if you believe it or not, I have come across a skinwalker, I saw a freaking human being transform into a dog right in front of me, everything changed for me that day. Reality is very, very weird, my friends.
Also, this happened in Mexico, here they are known as nahuales.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual
>>
>>18771583
i don't believe you
>>
>>18771583
>I saw a human turn into a dog
>Coincidentally I had ingested absinthe and mescaline at the time
>>
>>18769356
>>>/r/eddit
I'm sure you'll enjoy r-it'srealbecauseIbelieveso
>>
>>18766560
Not even a cryptid, they're supposed to be sorcerers.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.