[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis experience thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sleepparalysis.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
sleepparalysis.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
I know /x/ likes to talk about sleep paralysis and some people even try to induce it, so I thought I might share my experiences. I've experienced it quite a bit over the past 6 years or more. These mostly include audio hallucinations, with only twice being visual, which I'll save for last. I'm only writing up the memorable ones.
>>
>>18763760
>Several years ago
>Lived in a house in the middle of the woods in the Ozark Mountains
>Long story short I was 17 and living alone since my mom gtfoed and was never home
>Fell asleep during the day time on the couch in the living room
>Wake up on my left side, facing the back of the couch
>Dog is curled up in the space between my stomach and the couch, getting old but is a goodgirl.wav, had her since I was 6
>Oh fuck, I can't move
>Try to move my arms, feel the realistic feeling of arms moving and touching couch
>But I don't see them
>Arms are in front of me, and they're not actually moving
>Try to calm down at this point, realize it's sleep paralysis and take deep breaths
>Heart is beating fast with a feeling of panic anyway
>Hear the garage opening
>Well shit I need to snap out of this so I can see who the hell is here.
>At this point I should have realized that the dog would be up and excited to see who was home, and she wasn't.
>Try really hard to "snap out of it"
>Basically close my eyes and try to go back to sleep or jerk myself awake
>Doesn't work
>Hear car door close
>House door opens, footsteps
>Panic
>Who the fuck is in my house I really need to wake up and see
>Footsteps across the living room into the hallway towards the bedrooms.
>They stop
>Walk back towards me
>Hear my mom clearly say "Anon I bought the last of them at the store and I'm putting them in the oven now."
>Wtf?
>Hallucinated mom noises go back into the bedroom area of the house
>Able to jerk myself awake after this
>Dog is concerned about me, gives me a wtf look because I suddenly bolted out of my nap
>Run into mom's room and nobody there
>Door is locked
>Garage is down

That one really bothered me for some reason, because what I hallucinated her saying was really off the wall. I didn't check the oven but I thought about it lol
>>
>>18763763
>Years after that I move away from family to live with my bf in a shitty downtown apartment
>We are struggling but making it on our own, my mental state is improving from being away from family, haven't had a paralysis episode for a long while
>He works night shift so I'm asleep alone in our bedroom
>Wake up on my back, eyes on the ceiling. I can sort of look down over myself across the small hallway to the bathroom door.
>Realize it's sleep paralysis
>Deep breaths, try to go back to sleep
>Panic feeling doesn't come
>This is ok let's just go back to sleep
>Suddenly I hear loud splashing noises coming from the bathroom
>Open eyes again and look towards the bathoom
>Door is closed and normal
>Splashing noises are worse and hear gurgling
>I'm hearing some motherfucker drown in my bathroom

I don't quite remember how that one ended, like real dreams it's all blurry sometimes.
>>
>>18763764
>Young me in the house in the mountains
>Passed the fuck out in my room exhausted from something I don't remember
>Wake up on my back, can't move, it's dark
>Panic feeling comes, I try to fight it
>Heart's beating incredibly fast and I really want to snap out of it even though nothing's happened yet
>Try to go back to sleep and semi succeed, drifting away
>Suddenly hear the laughter of small children directly over head
>It moves through the house in waves, getting quieter before it comes back loud again
>I have to fight to reopen my eyes to see wtf is going on
>Nothing but ceiling
>Able to jerk myself awake after this
>Have problems sleeping for hours afterwards
>>
>>18763767
>Adult me in shitty apartment
>Go to sleep next to boyfriend, wake up in sleep paralysis on my left side
>He's to my left lying on his back
>I can clearly see his face asleep
>Desperately try to make noise by screaming, think that if he hears me he can shake me out of it or something so I won't have to hear anything (bf knows about it happening to me)
>Put a lot of effort into yelling, try really hard
>Only hear really soft aaaaas and gurgling from myself
>Suddenly I hear his voice, an exact replica of how he sounds,
>"Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch, I'll fucking kill you."
>Sort of stunned
>I can see his face. He's not talking. His lips are completely still and he's asleep
>He never speaks to me like that
>After a little while of staring at him while still paralized I begin to try to force myself back awake
>Next thing I know I'm sitting straight up in bed and BF is shaking me asking me wtf is wrong
>I stare around the bedroom not understanding where I was or who I was
>Can't find any words to say
>Extremely confused for about a minute before I snap to my senses
>Explain to bf when it goes away I had sleep paralysis and he says I just sat straight up in bed gasping and woke him up
>I was not responsive and looking around the room with a really horrified expression
>We both go back to bed satisfied that it was just fuckery involving my sleep paralysis
>After that I tell him that if I ever wake him up making strange noises or whatever he should try to wake me
>>
>>18763769
>Shitty apartment
>Wake up on my left side again
>Easily recognized sleep paralysis
>Oh great
>Hear soft noises and feel warmth near my stomach
>Holy shit I can hear my old dog snoring
>She passed away just months before I moved into this apartment, ancient as fuck at 14 years old
>I concentrate on the hallucination and I can literally feel her fur against my skin underneath the covers, just like she used to sleep
>FeelsGoodMan.jpg this is great
>Eyes are blurry with happy tears and I close them, I can't move to lift the covers up anyway to check if she's there
>Gradually the feeling of her fades away and I pass back into sleep
>Why can't they all be pleasant like that?
>When I wake up in the morning I pay special attention to her small shrine which was then located in the bedroom.
>One of my friends had helped me make a sigil to keep near her remains weeks before that means "If you are ever lost you may stay with me"
>I would love to think she visited me, but it was probably my mind still grieving her and fucking with the sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18763773
That was the only pleasant episdode I had. I'll talk about the two visual ones now.

>Shitty apartment again
>Wake up on my right side this time, facing the nightstand which has a 10 gallon aquarium with our pet frog in it.
>We also have a cool and chill as fuck pet turtle in the living room in a 35 gal but I digress
>Even though it is night time and Froggo should be active I can't quite locate him
>More interested in this than the sleep paralysis
>Pretty chill about the paralysis now since I've had it for years
>This one actually happened after my first visual one but this one isn't as sp00py so I'm listing it first
>Anyway as I look for Froggo I see a bright white thing in the tank
>What the fuck there's a tiny person in there
>No wait it's actually a reflection. There's a reflection of a tiny glowing white humanoid there on the glass.
>I am properly bothered by this but more confused than anything
>There are more white humanoids in the reflection now. They appear to be walking around busily as if they are doing something
>WhattheFuckisGoingOn.wav
>The whole experience gets more dreamlike and I see changing geometric shapes there with the reflections
>Eventually I am claimed by tiredness and go back to sleep
>>
>>18763777
Best one for last

>Apartment again, fell asleep with bf next to me.
>Wake up on my back, pillows under my head prop me up enough to see out over myself into the hallway just like when the bathtub drowner happened
>The panic feeling flares up
>I try to fight it because I know this is how you start to get scared and when I hear things
>Suddenly across the room in the hallway I see a dark black shape
>I look at it harder and it's unmistakable what it is
>Two motherfucking disembodied arms
>They are stuck in a pose reaching outwards and sort of bending in, fingers grasping
>They don't move at all but float forwards from left to right into the hallway
>Basically shitting myself now, I've never seen a visual hallucinaton before
>I realize the arms are charred black and burnt
>Also they are floating way higher than human arms would be, near the ceiling
>The fucking arms turn the corner of the hallway and start towards me
>Start trying to scream, hope bf would hear and wake me up
>The arms slide towards me, they're now in the bedroom and are approaching the bed
>They move like in a videogame when bodies glitch out and just slide forward with no animation, snapping into place when they turned towards me (autist me can't think of any other comparison)
>They're above me in the bed now, not quite straight up but I can see them
>They are human, burnt to a crisp and the burnt flesh is coming off of them
>Just before they reach the area right above my eyes and between the ceiling I blank

Not sure how I ended that one. I was panicking pretty hard and trying to force wake myself up, but I guess it didn't work. I just simply woke up the next morning, remembered and told bf about it. Him being the bastard he is still makes fun of me for it because he finds it amusing.
>>
File: hrroo.jpg (153KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
hrroo.jpg
153KB, 500x490px
>>18763779
Haven't had any other visual hallucinations and I hope I never do desu

I've had many many more I didn't write about that were inconsequential, probably the most interesting one I won't greentext was living in this apartment and hallucinating the garage door open again like I was in my old house. I can hear it open because it was a really loud mechanical one.

Also I really wanna know if any of you guys ever had audio hallucinations too or if I'm fucking crazy or should start expecting schizophrenia or whatever
>>
This was my first time experiencing something like this so I don't know if it was paralysis or something else
>grandfather in his death bed
>flying across the country to see him before he passes
>he dies as we are in transit
>decide to spend a few nights at his house with family
>that night while I'm sleeping I'm suddenly jolted awake by something entering the house
>can't move
>feel it scan the house before it finally comes into my room
>it's red and reptilian, I can't look at its face it's fucking horrifying
>it shows me some shimmering disc and I somehow see my grandfather
>able to say goodbye to him and then fall into deep sleep
I felt terrible the rest of that trip because I couldn't grieve after that or tell anyone what I experienced
>>
About a year ago I woke up from the most intense lucid dream I've ever had. After failing to fall back asleep I noticed what I can only describe as I dark clouds of energy. Somehow I could feel that it was intelligent life. It hovered outside my room for awhile (almost seemed like it was simultaneously existing in a different dimension) and than spiraled out the door. I tracked it with my eyes and I saw 2 humanoid beings. I thought they were my neighbors at first until I realized the bodies were way too disproportionate to be human. I blink and the next thing I know, it's morning and I'm still looking at the same exact spot through my window....anyway I told people about this and they said it was just sleep paralysis
>>
>>18763760
I stopped drinking alcohol and it went away
>>
>>18763760
Well...
I live in a shit hole in South America.
I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for about 18 years once every 3 or 4 months.
When I was a child, my mom thought that my house had demons and I was sensitive and this kind of shit. She called a pastor to exorcize the house twice.
When I was 24 yo (started with SP at 10) I decided to seek a doctor's help, and only then I discovered what is SP and why I wake up paralyzed and seeing shit all over my room. The doctor taught me to not open the eyes when the noise starts (I always hear the same static noise) and now I don't see the shit anymore. But every 3 months.. there it is again.
>>
File: Night_90b772_6035757.jpg (24KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
Night_90b772_6035757.jpg
24KB, 400x317px
>>18763760
Sleep paralysis is very strange for me. My doctor I go to for sleep analysis says I'm very "Stubborn" when I have an episode, recorded from home or on sight.

I start mumbling, and complaining, yelling, and sobbing, but I never wake up.

And in my dreams, it always starts in a very pleasurable way. Something very nice is happening. Eating ice cream, moving into a new house, sex with the wife. Then it gets weird. It meshes in in some way, and I can rationalize it. The new house will start turning sideways, and I'll say "oh it's just the foundation settling"

Then shit goes nutty. I'll be fucking my wife, and i'll look up and her face will be a split maw of teeth trying to bite me. Fight or flight kicks in and reality meshes with the dream. I remember I keep my pistol tucked between my mattress and the head board, I grab it and shoot into her "face", 5 rounds, and evolves from there. my innate fear of not being able to defend myself pushes some bull reason why it didn't kill it. But my rational mind says "No, thats five rounds of .40 cal, that didn't not do anything. I'm dreaming." and while I can't wake up, i'm then lucid dreaming. And then nothing.

I sit there, staring at whatever it was, or whatever it is, for hours, and nothing happens. And without fail I wake up 2 minutes before.

The only time I didn't handle it like that was the first time I went in for the sleep study. I dreamed that I was in a tower, sleeping, and when I turned over and opened my eyes, I couldn't breathe. there was something over my mouth, felt like a bed sheet and it was smothering me. I tried to fight out of it, thrashing and though I couldn't breathe I could scream.

Apparently I was screaming under observation for a solid 20 minutes before they woke me up to keep me from popping an artery or some shit.
>>
I've had sleep paralysis three times.
1st time was nothing but me hearing a snort and then my TV Turning off.
2nd time
>Heard the sound of my middle school nurse
>Was saying Quack that got more distorted like water
>There was a girl who looked like the ring girl at side of bed
>her chest and head all I could see
>as the voice got more distorted she got angrier and cried more
>I hid face and fell asleep
3rd time
>Same girl but this time I could see whole body
>Was above me and had her arms held above me
>Go back to sleep again after spoop3000
Never had sleep paralysis sense
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.