[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare Krsna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Radharani.jpg (239KB, 906x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Radharani.jpg
239KB, 906x1600px
Krishna.com

Vedabase.com

Purebhakti.com

Questions and discussion
>>
"Srimad-Bhagavatam states, “Ete camsa-kalah pumsah krsnas tu bhagavan svayam – Krsna is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead.” Although Sri Krsna is the supreme worshipful Lord of all, He Himself worships Sri Radha. The aim of the author, Srila Vyasadeva, in manifesting Srimad-Bhagavatam was to describe Sri Krsna’s pastimes with Srimati Radhika and to establish Her glories. Srila Sanatana Gosvami and Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura say that rasa-lila, the most exalted pastime in Srimad-Bhagavatam, was performed for the sake of Srimati Radhika. Krsna personally told Her, “It is for You that I reside in Vraja.”
>>
"

One of the ways in which Radhika pleases Krsna is by entering into the loving stage called maan, Her sulky mood of affectionate jealous anger towards Him. Sometimes Her maan has no external cause, and sometimes it has a cause. The vipaksa (rival) gopis headed by Candravali criticize Radharani by saying, “She doesn’t feel ashamed or shy to do maan? I don’t want to see Her face.” On the other hand, Radhika criticizes Candravali, “Candravali knows nothing about pleasing a beloved. She doesn’t know how to do maan.” Candravali’s affection for Krsna is grta-sneha, very smooth. Radhika’s affection is madhu-sneha, like madhu, honey, which is smooth and also sweet. Candravali’s affection is compared with ghee, which needs sugar to become sweet, but madhu is sweet on its own."
>>
Bought a book by Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhuphada a few weeks ago.
>>
>>18760715
Which?
>>
File: Lord Chaitanya in Vrindavan.jpg (160KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Chaitanya in Vrindavan.jpg
160KB, 380x500px
Requesting a source to those two pics of prayer that some delightful sadhu posted in the "God answering prayers" (paraphrase) thread. I think the response when asked what it was by anon was SSGD, and dealt with a person named Nanak.
>>
Been chanting for about 4 years 16 rounds a day I'm still not happy or satisfied with my life. Although yes I do believe in Krsna.

However I feel nothing more than an absolute sort of Hate for the world around and human life.
>>
File: KrishnaC.jpg (122KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
KrishnaC.jpg
122KB, 600x800px
>>18762444
>aw, I don't have one for triples
I just noticed something awesome about the previous painting. In the Spiritual world, there is Radha and Krishna. In the material, by Their desires stemming from a tale another prabhu can tell, the Divine Couple is merged as Lord Chaitanya. Krishna has taken the mood of Radha.

But now - look at the locations in the painting >top: Krishna, Radha, gopis
>bottom: devotees, Sri-Caitanya, devotees
Krishna is gone. And Radha-Krishna has risen and is crying out, searching for Krishna. This was Lord Caitanya's madness. He never claimed to have found Krishna, but would ask "Where is Krishna?" and beg others to talk of Him to try and sate His search.

Yet there IS something filling that location. The devotees. Specifically the devotees chanting and singing the Holy Name. Krishna IS there in the bottom picture. He is hidden within the sadhus and the Holy Name. If they ask you to produce God, you can say "Can you hear Krishna? For there is my God."

>>18762680
Jai haribol! Four eternal years.

> I'm still not happy or satisfied with my life.
Oh dear, there are many ways and levels to answer this. I'll get ya in the next post.
>>
As powerful as the holy name is there are things that can be done to enhance the effect. Are you associating with devotees more advanced than yourself? Specifically have you taken shelter of a devotee of the lord through the process of initiation?
>>
>>18762777
Meant for >>18762680
>>
>>18762680
Also be sure that you are not committing any aparadha during your chanting (the list of offenses being readily available online).
>>
File: 3-modes-of-material-nature.jpg (312KB, 840x978px) Image search: [Google]
3-modes-of-material-nature.jpg
312KB, 840x978px
>>18762680
>However I feel nothing more than an absolute sort of Hate for the world around and human life.
I've known that mode a lot too. It's what the Nectar of Instruction calls neophyte awareness. All around us we're seeing the antipathy of the ideal, and we're not seeing any change to the external or internal situations in which we find suffering. In the beginning it can be helpful, if we can turn it proactive instead of reactive. If we work hard to enact the ideal we wish to see, both externally and internally. At this stage the best approach is karma-yoga. Working ethically, diligently, honorably while finding a sustainable level of "devotional activity commitment" like your chanting 16 rounds a day. Finding ways to sacrifice of your work (giving time, charity, sankirtan, starting your own devotional projects, etc) will help keep Krishna in mind above the sustainable as well.

To a person in the awareness of brahman, though, there is the realization that these events are separate from the soul, and only connected indirectly through contemplation. My speculative view on this perspective is that even though the transcendent realization is there, the soul is still currently in the material. Thus it must still witness such events as "pain, anxiety, discomfort" happening within the mind. The bliss of self-realization does not stop or remove the physical events the self-realized soul used to be so attached to.

And above this, in the realm of pure devotion, there is the abandonment of separation from distress entirely - so long as that distress can further the aim of keeping Krishna in our awareness. Queen Kunti asked for wave after wave of calamity, because each time she prayed to Krishna and pushed Him to the front of her awareness. The great devotees are often seen in distress - weeping and worrying. But the focus of their distress is Krishna. How shall I please Him? Where shall I find Him?
>>
File: arjuna is a fighter.jpg (98KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
arjuna is a fighter.jpg
98KB, 600x400px
>>18762831
Ultimately, to love Krishna is to love everything, for it is all a part of Him. How can we hate other beings when we are all servants of servants of Krishna? How can we even know them, here in the veil of Maya? How can we hate this veil, so lovingly given to the independent souls we are so we can play and pretend and think we are God? What other God out there is described as letting His parts and parcels experience such a weird thing as free will and karma and self-enjoyment/suffering not through a punishment or a cruel deception, but as a loving gift done in tolerance and patience?

But I'm not at that level. I'm down here still thinking this is good and that is bad and these people are assholes. So I try to avoid the assholes, and hang out near people that have the same thoughts on what's good, and try to remember not to kill the bastards on the other side because we're all in the same muck from our own fool will.

>>18762777
I already said I don't have a pic for that!
>>
>>18762777
>>
>>18762831
>And above this, in the realm of pure devotion, there is the abandonment of separation from distress entirely - so long as that distress can further the aim of keeping Krishna in our awareness.

Very true and experienced this firsthand in my bhajan. Sometimes it takes extreme duress to remember Krsna with sincerity.
>>
>>18762845
>How can we hate other beings when we are all servants of servants of Krishna?

Jagai and madhai being the perfect examples of this sentiment.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.