[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, what is it with Gods recently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Thoth.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Thoth.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
We got Kek, Thoth, I'm pretty sure I saw a Ra thread earlier...

Why are old gods (or at least their worshippers) re-surging so hard? Has the modern world provided enough leway for them to return after centuries of Abrahamic religions curbstomping them?
>>
File: 1484460458434.jpg (61KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1484460458434.jpg
61KB, 600x536px
>>18757066
Hermeticism nigga

It never really left

Also Egyptian gods are squishy
>>
>>18757082
Redpill me on Hermeticism? Never really checked it out.
>>
>>18757066
Good question
>>
File: BadYourStuff.jpg (29KB, 286x269px) Image search: [Google]
BadYourStuff.jpg
29KB, 286x269px
>>18757066
Because anons are religious hipsters that choose to "worship" in ancient religions in order to be unique and they think it makes them cool.
>>
>>18757093
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism

Basically Greek and Egyptian gods heavily influenced proto-chirstiantiy and subsequently alchemy and most of western occultism
>>
>>18757164

but I unironically believe in the metaphysical version of kek anon.
>>
File: 1475864340371.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475864340371.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>18757196
sage
>>
File: Heresy.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>18757196
I'm happy for you, anon.

But I disapprove.
>>
>>18757204
That guy isn't OP. I know because I'm OP. Please, kind anon, don't sage my bread.
>>
i met a witch once and experienced things i never would've believed if someone else told me them

it's a long story

she told me if i did choose to worship it should be dionysus because he'd already called to me or venus because i was "hers"

it's a long complicated story, but it changed my view of the world
>>
>>18757215
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 194x259px
>>18757216
>>
>>18757230
explain.
>>
>>18757476

not here
>>
>>18757476

i'm not trying to be cryptic, it's just a long story and i'm uncomfortable with it because i know what it must sound like

i know what it would've sounded like to me before it happened, and i know even with everything i've been through it's still hard for me to swallow

it's hard to trust telling someone about it as a result, things happened before i met her that led to her doing a ritual

and it was like the world fell apart and i couldn't put it back together the way it was before any of that happened

i'm just walking around with pieces of it not sure what to do and not liking the most logical answer

it's complicated but if you have a way to talk and you're curious then i'm ok with having a talk
>>
>>18757519
jsut give a summary of it dude, this is /x/, half the people here will probably think youre just larping
>>
>>18757526
>impliying he isn't larping
>>
>>18757066
well people who wanna learn magic, can either, be creative and use independent thinking, developing what works from what they learn, which 99% of the time its a joke as this may lead to some heavy academic reading and thoughts beyond one liners in a new age book. Soo, people can choose wiccan, mock shamanism or mock druidism, or high ritual, and high ritual places a great emphasis on Egyptian Gods. so since for some reason ritual magick makes guys feel like their dicks are bigger or something, tends to be popular amongst the "halo" crowd I guess lol.
>>
>>18757519
actually I tried to teach a girl I know a beauty spell which worked for me, but her house erupted into poltergeist activity and her life messed up, but for me it worked fine... lol oops, sounds like u bit off more then u could chew. like if u r 90 pounds soaking wet, u should not be lifting 250 kg weights lol.
>>
>>18757526

it's not easy to summarize a life time of weird things that led up to something i'm not sure how to describe

it's not about what other people think, it's that it's personal to me so openly discussing it isn't something i've really done

she thought a lot of things about me, and the ritual was a lot more than i expected, the results aren't gone i still experience them to varying degrees

my life is gradually headed in a direction i had a feeling about for years now, one that puts me back in a strange place

i don't know how to summarize something heavy

i don't understand why she said venus entirely, but i know why she said dionysus and that's a complicated story but i've had a couple of people tell me it's how callings to this kind of thing works
>>
>>18757554

i didn't try to do anything, she told me about how she wanted to do a ritual to explore the connection she felt

i told her it sounded like a bad idea and said i didn't think anything would happen anyway so i joked about it instead

the night she did the ritual i started to text her to tell her not to then decided not to because her fiance didn't want her to talk to me and it seemed like a weird thing to say

i figured it was just the drugs and alcohol talking that time

the next day she told me she did it and she seemed really thrown off by it, i told her nothing happened to me and i felt bad for her

then i dreamt of standing on a beach with the tide coming in for 3 days stronger every night until it swallowed me on the third

the memories started that day, and things just

i'm not sure how to put it, but it wasn't me doing anything i didn't have a choice
>>
>>18757575
jesus christ just explain the story or get out
half the people here are cryptic and LARP with every post, either post it or don't, but stop it with your attitude
>>
>>18757630

bitching doesn't help me concentrate or summarize

do you want to know about the ritual? the result of the ritual? why she did it? what it seems to mean now?

what attitude? stop projecting
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.