[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jack the Ripper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 63.jpg (153KB, 1683x1227px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
153KB, 1683x1227px
Mystery apparently "solved":

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jack-ripper-mystery-finally-solved-10005816

What profile do you think best matches the killer? E.g:
>they were familiar with the area, probably a local
>they did not like prostitutes
>>
>>18756976
Fuck British newspapers and their intentionally misleading headlines. There's nothing solved here, just more speculation based on flimsy evidence. Exactly the same as the last hundred times they've claimed it was solved.

This is the woman who thinks it was the artist Sickert. And she's not saying hardly anything new, except that she has another book to sell. Here's a documentary from the last time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXSheBgPO4w&list=PLgdfXNjYH56aY4i3A_fAMLpayMly98UGN

Sickert isn't on anyone credible's short list. Most agree that the likely suspect is Kosminski.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFtvJibWKY
But there's still no definitive proof, and there probably never will be. That shawl nonsense a year or two ago was bullshit from start to finish. Same as this.
>>
The problem with any Ripper story is the 130+ years of legend, fable, fantasy, and hucksterism that's grown around the case. The story in the Mirror is no different.

Everyone fantasized for so long about royals, Freemasons, conspiracies, the supernatural, and similar nonsense that the examples of serial killers from our own time is always ignored.

Kosminski was most likely the Ripper, although it can never be proven 100%, but people don't want the Ripper to be some seemingly everyday schmuck despite most of the serial killers caught over the last decades being exactly that.

The Green River Killer was borderline retarded yet got away with killing for years, BTK was some semi-anonymous pleb, and John Wayne Gacy a fucking party clown but people want to believe that the Ripper simply HAD to be a super-genius, politically connected, or otherwise fantastic, special, and "sexy".

The reality is the Ripper was some seemingly ordinary run-of-the-mill asshole who was lucky enough not to get caught and who was the first of his kind to get "good press".
>>
>>18757843
ironic considering "Jack the Ripper" only exists as we know him now because of the ridiculous and salacious news coverage of the time. You think journalism sucks now? It was far worse back them, and there were hundreds of daily newspapers in London reporting false shit about this case. The notes weren't even real
>>
>>18756976
john dougles's profile seemed to make the most sense. either arron konsmisnski or david cohen. theres really not psychical evidence left and what is left is going to be a shot in the dark. every couple of years some author or scientist will claim they solved it but in reality we'll never know and people make more money off of that
>>
Jack the Ripper was lame. It was probably relatively easy to get away with murder back then if you put in a little effort. I don't get why he's such a big deal.
>>
>>18756976
One suspect placed with 100% certainty at the scene of one of the murders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tndfLueunCQ

Charles Allen Lechmere
>>
>>18758191
I've never read anything more correct on the internet
>>
>>18757843
>Fuck British newspapers
In Britain there are newspapers and tabloid rags, The Mirror falls into the latter
>>
>>18760605
>I don't get why he's such a big deal.
Why was 9/11 a big deal? I mean, what's a few skyscrapers, a few airplanes, and a few thousand lives? New York City has a population of like eight million, that's a drop in the bucket. Sure it was a tragedy, but on a national scale?

It's not the thing itself, it's what it does to the illusion of safety.

Jack the Ripper had London terrified for months. It's not that he was killing anyone the general population gave a damn about; in fact, the attention raised public awareness about how bad Whitechapel was, which led to improvements. But the cops were trying their hardest and still not catching him. Increased patrols, increased lighting, the hookers being more careful, none of that stopped him from killing and mutilating.

And that's the point, really. Nobody is completely safe. You can do all kinds of things to deter opportunists, make committing crimes harder and less rewarding so it's just not worth trying. But that doesn't protect you from the crazies.
>>
>>18756976
>>they did not like prostitutes
thats like saying the killer had two arms, it could literally be anyone except the handicaps
>>
>>18758191

This. OP's pic is especially retarded. A dapper, well-dressed person in Whitechapel would have stuck out like a sore thumb. It was a godawful slum where you could get a hooker for the cost of a loaf of bread. It would have been some local weirdo who would have blended in. I personally think Joseph Barnett is a decent suspect.
>>
>>18756976
>they were familiar with the area, probably a local
>they did not like prostitutes
Well that narrows it down.
>>
>>18758191
To be fair Gacy was very involved with the local community and local politics. He was more than just a clown.
>>
>>18767702
>>
>>18756976
patty cornwall is fucken senile
>>
Jack the Ripper was a proxy identity used to scapegoat a series of ritual Masonic murders
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.