[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermes Trismegistus and Hermeticism. What are your thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

Hermes Trismegistus and Hermeticism.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
File: VITRIOL.jpg (46KB, 337x336px) Image search: [Google]
VITRIOL.jpg
46KB, 337x336px
it's some dope shit my dude, check out gurdjieff, fulcanelli, and manly p hall for some pretty incredible perspectives on relative subjects
>>
File: 3d8ffdc3782f0399577883c391c168bb.jpg (438KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3d8ffdc3782f0399577883c391c168bb.jpg
438KB, 1600x1200px
>>18754088
>fulcanelli

Finally someone recommending real alchemy.
>>
Basically the root of all Western Esotericism.
Began in the first few centuries CE.
Main body of text is the Corpus Hermeticum, which is the cornerstone of Western Esotericism.

Hermeticism, Chaldean, Indo-European, Egyptian, Indian, etc. wisdom teachings were synthesized into the Orphic Mysteries and taught to Pythagoras who also travelled a lot to gain knowledge from a lot of these places directly. Pythagoreanism gave birth to Platonism gave birth to Neo-Platonism.

Pythagoras is how we get Elements (Fire, water, earth, air) and numerology.

Neo-Platonism (along with Hermeticism and Kabbalah) has these doctrines:
-Immortality of the soul
-Transmigration of soul (reincarnation)
-higher conciousnesses

Once we get past the suppression of magic in the middle ages, Western Esotericism gets really underway in the Renaissance. Pretty much all of the esotericism past this point is Christian Theosophy and Alchemy. Even though many try to strip it away, Western Esotericism is a Christian European phenomenon. Hermeticism was very influential during this time, along with Kabbalah, Alchemy, and Platonism.

Later Bkavatsky tried to move it's roots from Egypt and ancient Judaism to Indian Hindusim.
>>
Some interesting theoretical work, but the tradition has been too fragmented since the rise of Christianity to be useful as a functional praxis. Good introduction to esoteric principles from a more Western worldview though, but nobody actually goes far using pure Hermetic technique.
>>
>>18754387
No doubt, all occultists are fundamentally perennialist and eclectic.
Hermeticism is too Egyptian for my taste.

What's your praxis?
>>
>>18754420

Primarily Daoist.
>>
>>18754509
That's groovy, I'm about the opposite. Western Occultist
>>
>>18754604

Wait so you're a Western Occultist, but not Hermetic? How does that work?

I wouldn't call Daoism and Western Occultism opposites - they have some points of departure, but they also have a ton in common, far more so than say, Western Esoterica and Vedic Yoga, or Western Esoterica and Buddhism.

I started out with the standard Western Hermetic stuff, but I became disenchanted with it pretty quickly because it seemed like nobody was actually getting anywhere with it. It was all flash but no meaty substance to latch on to.

Around the same time I discovered Daoism, which offers everything the Western stuff had and so much more, as well as a coherent philosophy which really resonated with me, without all of the Judeo-Christian BS which Western Esoterica has been painted over with.

It's also much easier to get legit training in Daoist stuff, as long as you're willing to do the work.
>>
>>18754065
Seminal to the development of both Abrahamic Religions and Western Occult. Science, Magic, and Theology are heavily influenced by it.
>>
>>18754647
I just don't focus on Hermetic aspects much. Same with the Judeo-Christian aspects as well. I understand their influence, however.
All the major aspects you'll find in hermeticism can be found in the Neo-Platonic current.
I would venerate Orpheus as the mythic source of wisdom as opposed to Hermes Tris.
Greece is the foundation of Western Civ, so I use it as the basis of Western Occult.

To be a true, traditional Occultist in the western tradition, you'd have to end up being a Christian Theosophist. I don't think that's necessary.

Besides, hermeticism has a lot of Gnostic anti-life aspects I'm counter to.

Daoism sounds cool, I definitely need to learn more about the Oriental currents. Eastern practices never resonated with me, but I for sure gotta learn about it.

What texts do you base your work on? Confucius? Buddha? Vedic?

It's true, most Western Occultists don't practice at all. They play with tarot cards and talk shit on Christians, ironically enough.
>>
>>18754819

Ok that makes sense I guess, although most sources I know would consider the Hermetic and Neo-Platonic currents fairly equatable. I was part of a school with a Neo-Platonic focus for a while, but the practical side was just a mashup of Eastern stuff anyway, so when I left I figured why not just go to the source?

>Daoism sounds cool, I definitely need to learn more about the Oriental currents. Eastern practices never resonated with me, but I for sure gotta learn about it.

I was the same for a while, I still can't get into much of the Vedic or Buddhist stuff (although I integrate some Vipassana techniques into my practice) but I found Daoism and it just instantly gelled with me.

The focus on self development across all layers of being (physical, energetic and spiritual), on freedom and individuality, on the connection with the natural world, the scientific methodology, the lack of personification of natural forces and the lack of emphasis on religiosity, the fact that the philosophy is basically all-encompassing and can be adapted to any area of practice or pursuit - it was like being presented with the complete puzzle when before I'd been trying to put something together from a jumbled pile of pieces from a handful of different puzzle sets.

>What texts do you base your work on? Confucius? Buddha? Vedic?

Most of my practical work is stuff I'm taught from teachers, there's not a big textual focus. I supplement it with the core texts of the Daozang (the Daoist canon - the core being Laozi, Zhuangzi and Liehzi) and plan to expand out over time, but that's just to provide a philosophical framework for the practical training I pick up from teachers. The training itself is a combination of martial arts and energetic meditations.
>>
>>18754065
this exact image just played on Ancient aliens. op must be watching it too.
>>
>>18754819
You do realize that the concepts of IHVH and Yeheshuah have about as much to do with the god and Jesus of the Bible/Torah as Yoga does, right?
>>
>>18755691
I doubt it, but tell me how.
>>
>>18756323
You haven't read much 19th-20th century Hermetic literature, have you?
>>
>>18756760
Answer his fucking question
>>
>>18756760
He claims to be experienced and knowledgeable, and even to have a mentor/ mentors. I won't be doing any spoon feeding, this evening.
>>
>>18756822
However, anybody who isn't LARPing or something should see "777 and Other QabalisticWritings" for reference
>>
>>18754065
My personal opinion is that those are a waste of time.
>>
>>18756943
It's all about opinion, essentially. Ye shall know them by their fruits. I've had great success with hermeticism, however. What current/ tradition do you practice?
>>
>>18754889
What aspects of Hermeticism do you consider Neo-Platonic? Preferably a list of Rites as reference?
>>
>>18756953
I'm loosey goosey. My whole deal is that a person could do the things outlined by different schools of mysticism by himself without the possibility of being mislead by someone who didn't know better or, that was trying to capitalize on them.
>>
>>18756822
I lied, let the spoon feeding begin! Straight from the Ape's mouth:
YHVH and YHShVH are elemental formulas.
YHVH are the four basic constituents of matter, air, earth, fire water (in no particular order).
The Shin (Sh) is the descent of spirit to animate and redeem the gross material.

IIRC this is all in the Adeptus material of the Golden Dawn but I could be mistaken.

You could direct them to Magick in Theory and Practice's chapter on the formula of the neophyte.
-Ape of Thoth (refer to Ape's library)
>>
>>18756986
This is true. You can follow a tradition solo, though. Especially the way the internet is these days.
>>
>>18756988
Nah, YHVH is definitely first referenced in Yahwish which became Judaism. Any other view is rediculous. Your modern hermetic revisionism is wrong, factually.

The Hermeticists writing during the time you referenced believed the Corpus to be a very ancient source rather than 3rd CE. You are dumb and spreading misinfo.
>>
>>18754143
What book should i read first?
>>
>>18757237
Kybalion
It's the oldest book ever written
>>
>>18757039
Keep telling yourself that. Did you even read what I referred you to? Keep your head in the sand and you dick in your hand.
>>
>>18757039
Or perhaps it is YOU who are spreading misinfo and attempting to suppress the truth.
>>
>>18757435
I believe he is spreading DISinfo as a matter of fact. Probably nothing but an armchair theorist. Also probably a dickmoo
>>
>>18754088
>>18756988

Thank you.
>>
>>18757481
And yet look how easily we can see through them and call them out. It seems to me they don't stand a chance.
>>
>>18757039
It doesn't matter even if you were correct... simply because of the explanation already given. Christian concepts all originated from paganism, anyway. Not a ONE is original. Same goes for Judaism. But look at me, arguing with a LARPEr with a severe case of autistic schizophrenia. I would get laughed out of the room if I told any legitimate practitioners that I tried to convince you of the truth!
>>
>>18757495

"When a man comes to me and asks me for the truth, I first go away and practice teaching the differential calculus to a bushman. Only when I have succeeded with the latter do I proceed with the former."
-Aleister Crowley
>>
>>18757503
Haha, yes it is up to each of us to find the truth for ourselves. Our own individual experiences will always take precedent over the words of others.
>>
File: the epic of gilgamesh.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the epic of gilgamesh.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
>>18757329

>Kybalion
>first published in 1908
>oldest book ever written
>>
>>18757423
>>18757481
>>18757501

This is madness. What I stated is proven by history. Have you never read the academics of Western Esoterics? Haagraff, Goodrick-clarke, Faivre?

You are implying YHVH has no roots in Kabbalah, Jewish Mysticism, Judaism. I would accuse you of sophistry if I didn't believe you actually believed all this. You use Renaissance Hermeticism to back your point when all of this goes back to the semiotics tribes.

Even if you are using YHVH as an archetypes, this name is from the semiotics tribes. If you want to imply it has no connection to the Bible, you are simply wrong.

I don't understand how you all agree with this? Are your brains mush?

Occultism doesn't mean you get to string together untenable ideas. It needs to be based in reality.
>>
>>18757779
Replace semiotic with semitic. Auto correct.
>>
File: 1484523694596.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484523694596.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>18757501

6Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces. 7Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.…
>>
File: 1484365982718.gif (618KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1484365982718.gif
618KB, 387x305px
>>18757779

Actually it can be both. The better to hide "the truth" from the "profane".
>>
>>18757801
Yall are the least studied, most sophistic, pretentious bunch of false esotericists I've ever seen. Yall are worse than Wiccans.

The shitty scholarships is so ridiculous, I can't even believe you are all wasting your time. Read a God damned book.

Do you not care about your art?
>>
>>18757812
Nah, its a way to hide a lack of knowledge. This stream of conciousnesses, everything means everything is the reason New Thought Wiccans are a thing.

You all disgust me.
You are a disgrace to the art you pretend to practice.
>>
>>18754327
Third post best post
>>
>>18757779
I don't believe that's what is being implied. But , you know, semantics and all. Tell us, are you a practitioner, or an armchair theorist? Or, even worse?
>>
>>18757874
Yeah, I practice.
>>
>>18757828
I'm not disagreeing with your general sentiment, but I must ask... what's your tradition? What current do you pursue? Because all I know is what has worked for me, and idk what that dude was getting at, but I know I don't have to do or think of everything literally in order for it to work for me, in fact thinking about the origin of something, when you are using entirely out of that context, usually does more harm than good, when it comes to practical workings,
. Thoughts?
>>
>>18757895
Practice...?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg3PJumqw_c
>>
>>18757896
I agree completely.
The above posters were vamping on theoretical ideas that were inaccurate, and doing it in a method very common and very abhorent.
Result is the important thing, but I think study is just as important.

We need to carry forward the knowledge as well as the practice.
>>
>>18757898
Western Occultism
Eclectic Perennialism
Platonic Tradition
>>
>>18757917
Sounds like Hermeticism to me...but a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet...
>>
Yes, but arm chair occultists have their place keep the seats warm
>>
>>18757914
Indeed, and the only reason I can practice invocation, evocation, Tarot, sigil casting, banishing, etc etc is because of the knowledge. But friend, we cannot expect much in the way of knowledge from those who already know it all.
>>
>>18757942
This is true... but I would just as soon hire a gassy neckbeard to fart and perform the same function!
>>
>>18757941
Yeah, I practice Hermetic rituals.
Hermeticists proper usually have a lot of Egyptian motifs which I stear clear from.
It's all related.
What are you up to?
>>
>>18757958
Haha But some one has to keep the torch lit so those with the talent and the drive will take it and run with it when their time comes
>>
>>18757953
It's true, it's true.
Just annoying when people make something you love into a joke.
It's more common than not to meet terrible occultists, in life and internet.
>>
>>18757978
I think a real occultist wouldn't say "my way is better than your way" the truth is finding value in all things
>>
>>18758012
Disagree.
There's different approaches sure, no doubt, but some things are true and some things arent.
Relativism and eclecticism is the heart of occultism, Gnosis, but some things are simply inaccurate.

If I say Venus isn't Roman, I am wrong.
>>
>>18758045
And if you say the Hermetic IHVH isn't a form of Tetragrammaton that represents the original four elements, you are wrong as well. But why am I talking to a brick wall when I have a preliminary invocation to perform in an hour and a half ?
>>
>>18758075
I don't disagree with that, just that it was originally Judaic, that's all. These things were synthsized. It for sure now represents the four elements, but the four elements idea didn't even exist when they God name was invented.
>>
>>18758105
There is a difference between the god name not being originally invented to represent the elements (4for IHVH and 5 for Yeheshuah) and the elemental concepts not existing when/before the god names were invented. I hate to do it but I'm going to go ahead and say this is where you are making false claims.
>>
>>18758173
IHVH is dated to the 9th century, the 4 elements concept originates with Pythagoras is the 6th century. That's 300 years different. How am I making false claims?

You could imply that Pythagoras got the 4 elements from an older source, but you have no proof.
>>
File: 1262074700461.jpg (11KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
1262074700461.jpg
11KB, 430x320px
>>18754143
Checked!
>>
>>18758045
It is in the sense of this Charles Fort quote:

"[Wise men] have tried to understand our state of being, by grasping at its stars, or its arts, or its economics. But, if there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."
>>
>>18758188
Is it actually relevant that this is historically accurate? Can we just treat this as a mnemonic story made up by Hermeticists and just be friends? You are taking occult history too seriously, I'm afraid.
>>
>>18758848
Fair enough, I'll be your friend. If you like hermeticism, I like you
>>
>>18758441
Oneness my ass. New agers always pull this out to cover their mush ideologies.

I love Eliade and Jung and their syncretism, but you need to be able to look at the universal as well as the differentiated with accuracy.
>>
Let's save Western Esotericism from Egyptian and Judaism influences. Let's emphasize the Indo-European, Druidic, Greek, European folk witchcraft elements.

It's something that is lacking so much these days.

We need to be aware of the history, but let's purify it into something truly Western.
>>
>>18758188
Well I would argue that he did indeed, possibly the Egyptians? He travelled quite a bit and was a true initiate, and I doubt he just pulled it out of his ass. I mean, I'm just saying this to engage in friendly debate, not trying to piss anybody off. There's WAYY to much head-butting and vitriol on this board when we really are all working toward a common goal, more or less. Except for the fucking flat-earthers, wannabe tulpamancers, would-be incubus summoners, and the like. Fuck them. Also the ones who think the Masons are secretly child raping devil-worshipers, DURR BUT YOU DON"T KNOW CUZ YOU"RE NOT HIGH ENOUGH IN THE RANKS (whatever the hell that means). Fuck them, as well.
>>
>>18759666
Let's not and say we did.
>>
>>18759702
This fair, I ascribe to Platonic Orientalism myself. I did some research after your post and there are ancient cultures who had similar lists to the Classical Elements.

The whole YHVH was meant to be elements seems untenable, but it's syncretic use is beautiful none the less.
>>
>>18758188
>IHVH is dated to the 9th century
I mean, try Hekhalot Rabbati, but w/e.
It's not like Scholem dates most of the Hekhalot material to the Zugat through Amoriam periods of Rabbinic history.

>>18759810
>The whole YHVH was meant to be elements seems untenable
In THE BIBLE as compiled by later authorities? Yes.
In various manuscripts of Hebrew mysticism? Not at all.
Sepher Ha-Razim is from the 3rd C. and the concept's fully developed, if implied, for evokatory works. But they were indeed synchretic interpretations, as Sepher Ha-Razim contains invokations of Helios.
>>
>>18759845
That's my point, 3rd century is well after the God name was developed. I'm syncretic and eclectic as hell, I just don't understand why people seem to think western esotericism came out full form in some ancient aeon. It obviously didn't.

Even from a traditionalist/perennialists perspective, the tradition has changed immensely. What we are looking at is a universal truth being reinterpreted endlessly in new forms. To use a pseudo-historic view that this qabalistic (not Kabbalistic) was how the originators intended is craziness and makes occultism into a free form mush of illusionary ideas.

These ideas are being combined for efficacy and revelatory reasons, but they didn't originate that way.
>>
>>18759956
>I just don't understand why people seem to think western esotericism came out full form in some ancient aeon.
?
All's I'm saying is that the date for the concept is earlier than you posit and concurrent with the development of Hermetica as a tradition while also in contact with it.

>but they didn't originate that way.
I mean, we can regress infinitely through all the "original" things all the way back to pre-civilization forms of asterism and animism, but I dunno what good that's gonna do most of us.
>>
>>18759965
You misunderstand. I meant 9th century BCE, hermeticism developed 3rd century CE. Classical Elements originated 3rd Century BCE.

YHVH first recorded used 9th BCE
Classical Elements 3rd BCE
Hermeticism 1st-3rd CE

Also, I think we should trace Western Esotericism to Ancient Greece at the least as this is the where Western Esotericism and Western Civilization started. It's important that we don't spout nonsense, if we really want truth we need to trace truth, not just do rituals and change our state of conciousness.

I understand Thelemites enjoy going back to Egypt, Typhonians to Sumeria, Theosophist to Vedism, Christian Esotericists to Judaism, but we need to understand our origins somewhat, or you have people spouting falsities.

Occultism has become an art devoid of science, which is not what any of the originators wanted, and seems to me postmodern and destructive.
>>
>>18760035
>Also, I think we should trace Western Esotericism to Ancient Greece
I'd agree, the GMP is great evidence of this, but it's not like even there it was a "pure" strain of anything, as the GMP is just as synchretic as the rest of the world's systems.

>It's important that we don't spout nonsense, if we really want truth we need to trace truth, not just do rituals and change our state of conciousness.
Then the question becomes what is truth and how is it traced.

>I understand Thelemites enjoy going back to Egypt, Typhonians to Sumeria, Theosophist to Vedism, Christian Esotericists to Judaism, but we need to understand our origins somewhat, or you have people spouting falsities.
"Our"? That would imply I'm invested in Western Esoterica or Europe in favor or exclusion of other systems. I have my fingers in a lot of places. In any case, that's a severe reduction of the Typhonian perspective, it's hard to deny the rise of certain concepts in the Pyramid Texts that are relevant to modern use. Moreover, everyone's flavor of practice is going to trace it's history and influence differently. This is not a monolithic praxis.

>Occultism has become an art devoid of science, which is not what any of the originators wanted, and seems to me postmodern and destructive.
I utterly agree.
>>
>>18760052
No doubt, it's syncretic and not "pure." Even at its origins. With Wiccans as an example, I would rather they understand their modern roots and continue to practice than espouse the European Witch Cult idea because it muddies the water. There is a lot of mystery school knowledge in their ranks if they weren't blinded by fairy tales.

Yeah, epistemology is a tough one, but I'll generally defer to experts in the field on facts even if I don't agree with conclusions. Wouter Haanagraf is an excellent occult historian but I disagree with his non-perennialists conclusions.

It's true, don't know much about Typhonian, just that Grant always talked about Sumer. I can't make heads or tails of his texts, even less than some of Crowleys. I kind of blame both of them for the stream of conciousnesses, qabalah correspondence heavy writing that so many try to imitate as if it gives them validity. Honestly, they pioneered it, but they also are to blame for a lot of the trash being spewed.

Didn't mean to imply you were European based, I am Western focused and your Ape of thoth moniker made me assume your were Crowleyan and thus Western Ceremonialist.
>>
>>18760105
I don't think they are to blame for other's misinterpretations, if that is indeed what you are implying.. How fair is that, really?
>>
>>18760105
>European Witch Cult idea because it muddies the water. There is a lot of mystery school knowledge in their ranks if they weren't blinded by fairy tales.
Interestingly enough Chumbley was working on a dissertation in defense of *a* witch cult survival hypothesis, though not Murray's feminist revision, when he died. If you follow his academic leads you can pull some strings through it. Interesting stuff, Agrippan sigils on witch bottles in archaeological finds.

>I disagree with his non-perennialists conclusions.
You well know I'm an anthropologist.

>Crowleyan
Yeah, but that's not my "roots" so to speak. Western Esoterica is an area of heavy specialization because my access to a coherent lineage of ancestral instruction was cut shortly before puberty, and even then it would have been in a degenerate (and I mean this quite literally, not like a meme) form. As such I practice what I do of my ancestry quietly and synchretizing with groups local to my ancestral line with less crippled traditions.
>>
>>18760118
That's fair. They are just the originators of that occult literature style. It's seems needlessly obscure and lacking in any practicality.

The people writing in that style however, are sophists. They muddy the water so badly, and there's so many of them.

I think it's a way to hide poor theory behind endless qabalah correspondences and halfbaked myth parallels.
>>
>>18760163
I personally have found it very useful in personal work, which is what I believe it was intended for. Crowley also stated the the exoteric qabalah is essentially for fools and n00bs, at the very introuduction to Gematria. Thus, thos taking an exoteric approach will get a lot swill. You get out what you put in, in my personal experience.
>>
>>18760163
Of course, I'm not telling you what you should do. but rather explaining my personal experience with it. I don't know what to say about your view on the correspondences though. I consider them invaluable.
>>
>>18760152
The witch cult idea is interesting. I hadn't heard there was an effort to legitimize it. From what I understand, professionals dismiss it presently.

I didn't know you were an anthropologist. Do you mean go say you are not a perennialists. I wouldn't be suprised, most academics aren't. It's more of a belief than a fact. Jung, Eliade, and Campbell seemed to be the last of a line in academics.

Tell me about your spiritual lineage. It sounds interesting.
>>
>>18760163
>It's seems needlessly obscure and lacking in any practicality.
Wait, how many Class D texts have you read again? The last fifth of Magick in Theory and Practice is practical experiments for the curious.

>hide poor theory
You're gonna need to actually critique Crowley's theory then.

Though I'll agree Grant is exponentially more guilty of all your gripes than Crowley.

That said Grant's right way more often than I want him to be.
>>
File: Jung.jpg (49KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Jung.jpg
49KB, 500x371px
>>18760192
>Do you mean go say you are not a perennialists
Well, sorta.
I disagree with just about every prenennialist author's conclusions. We have a few here and I assumed you were one I knew. I don't disagree that there's a fundamental truth but I reject the idea it's dealt with at a diachronic transhistorical level. I like Jung, but only on the condition that we accept pic related.

One mountain, one peak, many routes to the peak offering different vantage points, geographic emphases and features, and microclimates. Each culture is going to refract what angle of the Truth they see into (often, but less as time goes on) unique perspectives.

>my background
Suffice to say I'm Amerind originally, from a tribe that for a multitude of reasons has a more muted tradition than its neighbors. I hit up the Western tradition because it's incredibly convenient.
>>
>>18760190
I'm not anti-correspondences at all. They are an integral part of esotericism. I'm talking about a literary style only.

It goes something like this:

The goddess Venus, who was Gematria XXX who had along the line of yadda yadda who is the mystic form of esoteric Vaginas cult as related to Saturn-Satan-Set-Yahway who also was the sun Lucifer as Gnostic luci feros shows through the conjunction of qabalitic path X and X. With attributes of tarot card Death who when combined with the Uranian power of Lucifer the rebel who was Jesus who was Odin who died on the cross for himself by himself was given the holy writ of masonic initiation of degree 32 showing their Theosophist digression into nihilistic nothingness of the numerological element 0.

It's really dumb, you'll know it when you see it.
>>
>>18760215
That doesn't look like anything Crowley ever wrote, to me. Do you use the Tarot?
>>
>>18760193
No, I'm not criticizing their theory. Just their literary style as stolen by imitators.
See my post here:
>>18760215

Crowley has some great stuff, all modern esotericists are in his debt whether they want to admit it or not.

I do say that he was needlessly obscure at points, but people claim that was on purpose.

He was a master, no question.
>>
>>18760236
I see. Do you use the Tarot?
>>
>>18754143
Yeah m8 he's probably written the most important works of our time. Shrouded in convulsion nonetheless but I've gathered some pretty incredible insight from reading it over and over.

For anyone asking about fulcanelli start with mystery of the cathedrals then read dwellings of the philosopher.
>>
>>18760227
Nah, its not as bad with Crowley. Got worse with Grant. What I was making fun of was people who write in this manner.
See Crowleys first section of Berashith.
Crowleys Chapter 0 of Magick in theory and practice.
Any of grants typhonian trilogy.

I love tarot, use it daily.
>>
>>18760227
Grant DOES sound like that and his gematria sucks balls on top of it.

But holy shit he knew some stuff he shouldn't have about Africa.

I wish he woulda spilled the beans on what he functionally knew of tantra more so I could gauge how full of shit he truly is.

Had access to a copy of Ananda Lahare annotated by a Kaula. I'd LOVE to read through it someday, but the manuscript is probably lost to time, but the org that gave it to him (Holy Order of Krsna) still exists, so who knows.
>>
>>18760249
>See Crowleys first section of Berashith.
>Crowleys Chapter 0 of Magick in theory and practice.
But these are great.
>>
>>18760212
Thanks for the attached image, I love it.

Yeah, most are sceptical of hard perennialism. I don't fault anyone for it, because it is improvable, but I do find it compelling and accurate.
Especially from anow academic view, I understand why it is discarded.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah the Western Tradition is so prevalent, it'd be like refusing to speak English. You can basically practice it in broad daylight and no one would know. I'm working on a method of dog whistling to find other practitioners.
>>
>>18760272
THIS
>>
>>18760212
Can you please source this? My girlfriend is a psychologist and LOVES Jung, but her idea of what Jung actually believed is either jaded or simply misinformed.
>>
>>18760244
Yeah, use it daily
Rider Waite cause it's classic.
Lenormand for less ceremonial stuff.
>>
>>18760272
They really are great, and he knew what he was saying, but it is the popularization of a truly awful style of occult writing.
>>
>>18760297
Only if one tries to imitate, rather than innovate.
>>
>>18760253
Haha, I wouldn't know if he really knew his stuff. I cannot get a single thing from his writing.

We can thank him for bringing Voodoo and African religion unto the mix however, you never see that.

Also, he influenced chaos magic which as awful as it may be, it does get people out of the armchair.
>>
>>18760301
You are right.
I would advise people to move away from this style.
If you can't say what you mean clearly, I would assume you are a bad writer.
I dislike it, but it is obviously loved by many.
>>
>>18760292
I typically use either the Rider Waite or The Crowley Harris deck. Like you, it depends on the context. I like the Crowley Harris deck because a lot more of the correspondences are either directly written or in the imagery.
>>
File: o-BUBBLES-KITTY-facebook.jpg (211KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-BUBBLES-KITTY-facebook.jpg
211KB, 2000x1000px
I'm going insane.

Am I the only one who remembers the actor who plays Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys dying? I VERY specifically remember seeing that he had died once. I think of a heart attack.

Yet just today I looked and the man lives, even a new season is coming out and I thought they cancelled the show. What the fuck is going on.
>>
>>18760329
Had my eye on the Hermetic Tarot deck, looks wicked ceremonial.
Night Sunday Tarot deck looks fun too, I love the spooky stuff
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.