[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I am like halfway redpilled on video games. So here are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Okay I am like halfway redpilled on video games. So here are the facts.

>Video games came out of lots of University research and a technological boom in the 1970s-80s in the US and Japan

>The US Gov't contracted Atari to develop training simulations in the 1980s.

>The military developed and distributed the shooter America's Army as a recruitment tool

So clearly video games are on the radar of the people at the top right? Furthermore, I was linked to a twitter thread the other day that pointed out that a childhood of going to school to meet deadlines and then going home and playing mission-based games to relax would slowly make somebody's psychological profile very obedient and complacent. Not to mention the ways in which video games use actual psychological addiction techniques to keep players involved, encouraging a sedentary lifestyle.
>>
Not necessarily that there is an intentional conspiracy even, but are video games a natural breakpoint of technological dependence that will irreversibly destroy us?
>>
Whatever, video games are complete shit and nobody should waste their time with that degenerating crap.
A few minutes of pinball or 8ball is ok though.
>>
>>18753778
lol you sound like an old redneck parent complaining about this "damn kids and their computer games"
degenerate is a spook, I thought everyone knew this already
>>
Soon there will be announcement of a game to end them all... Just saying
>>
>>18753900
Half Life 3?
>>
>>18753915
No a game about destroying the cancerous system that enslaved us for too long from within.

K33p your eyes open for 1999
>>
File: me50years.jpg (70KB, 930x960px) Image search: [Google]
me50years.jpg
70KB, 930x960px
I, for one, accept our super intelligent overlords.
>>
This game allows you to play in my desert and shot people like me.

For kidzĀ”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEO7EWSROE
>>
>>18753900
The Elder Scrolls VI
>>
>>18752592
Mission based games that are realistic enough to have anything to do with actual military duties like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Arma, etc are one of the highest ranking reasons I'll never willfully be in combat. So if anything, I think it can be a help to see whether or not it's something you could do.

And the school system is complete bullshit. It leads people to believe they are unintelligent or less because it judges them all, fish or monkey, by their ability to climb a tree.
>>
>>18753964
stop empathizing with AI
those are virtual guns and virtual sand people
There have been many tests attempting to find a link between video game violence and real life violence and they always show that they have nothing to do with eachother. If anything vidya-hating jock douchebros are more likely to go join the military and shoot people than any gamer is.
>>
>>18754130
>fish or monkey
unfortunately your ability to thrive in the world depends on your ability to make money and work hard
it doesn't matter how nice or special you think you are because those things are superficial and will not help you in real life
they're right and you're wrong
they're judging you that way on purpose and it's the right thing to do
>>
>>18754158
>it doesn't matter how nice or special you think you are because those things are superficial
and money isn't?
paper wealth is a lot less real than human emotion buddy
stop reinforcing spooks, What you call "real life" is the most fake shit of all unless you mean actual real life which is our planet earth and mother nature but I'm guessing you're one of those god damned suits who only cares about his next paycheck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.