[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Apostolic Reformation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: apostles .jpg (15KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
apostles .jpg
15KB, 296x170px
I'm not quite sure if this is the right board to post on, but if there are any Christians here feel free to jump in.

My question was referring to the idea of a New Apostolic Reformation. From what I've read online, the objective of the movement is to create a fifth house within Christendom that is distinct from Catholicism, Protestantism, Oriental Orthodoxy, and Eastern Orthodoxy. The movement seems to say that lost offices of church governance, like prophet and apostle, are being restored. Though focused on the Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements, the New Apostolic Reformation is differentiated from traditional Protestantism:

i: Apostolic governance: Follows the Apostle Paul in believing that Jesus is still appointing apostles in his church to this day.

ii: The office of the prophet- There is a role and function for present day prophets within the church

iii: Dominionism (This term gets thrown around waaayyyy more than it should be, but I'm pretty much just copy and pasting from wikipedia at this point): kingdom-minded people are expected to take action to push back the long-standing kingdom of Satan

iv: Theocracy: Have kingdom-minded people in all sectors of life (different from theocratic government- again if this is inaccurate I'm sorry, I'm just copy and pasting)

v: Extra-biblical revelation: All believers have the ability to hear God. Any new revelation from God cannot contradict what is written in the Bible, but can supplement it.

vi: Supernatural signs and wonders: Signs and wonders, such as healing, demonic deliverance, and confirmed prophesies accompany the move of God.

vii: relational structures: church governance has no formal structure, but is by relational and voluntary alignment to apostles.

So especially focusing in on point 6, does anyone know more about this and can anyone give me a quick run-down?
>>
After looking at this, it seems like a decent idea except for one main thing. What's to keep people from starting this and eventually corrupting it on a local scale to merely give themselves the satisfaction of having power over others? I just see a lot of room for this to go wrong despite good intentions.
>>
>>18752625
Well that seems like the million dollar question. You can see the people like those claiming they're the second coming of Jesus Christ as an example of this already happening.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to trust in one's faith. Granted, if we accept that there is an ongoing new apostolic reformation, then we must be equally wary of what's written in the Book of Revelations about the Antichrist portraying himself as Jesus and performing miracles and whatnot. The faithful will be able to see through these deceptions, but many will not. So I think that would be the guiding principle.
>>
>>18752554
Also, more broadly, do any of you guys think that we are living in the End Times? Are there any identifiable signs form the Bible if so? (I know that this has happened a lot throughout history, but the rise of atheism and other religions really makes it seem like we're on the brink).
>>
>>18752738

Some of the trumpets of Revelation may have sounded. Consider the Schumann resonance spikes when reading about the seven thunders. Also, the three impure frogs and look at Kek.

One thing I think is true is that the events in Revelation aren't 100% chronological, rather some may overlap. I hope I've given you some good topics to look into. Enjoy.
>>
>>18752554
or you could get apostolic succesion and the other trappings of the traditional churches
>>
>>18752554
Sounds a lot like a consummation of the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement as a revival of Montanism. To me as a both Methodist and a linguist, the whole Pentecostal thing is a load of crock. Paul says that if the tongues cannot be translated the speaker should be silent. In my interpretation, the fact that the modern "gift of tongues" completely contradicts not only the baptism of the spirit in Acts in which the tongues weren't pseudo-angelic gibberish glossolalia but real, earthly languages understand by people across the ancient world, proves to me that Charismatism is at best not a revelation of the Holy Spirit but human beings recessing to the subconscious part of the human brain to generate spontaneous nonsense speech. At worst, people performing "signs and wonders" (especially those with a spiritually repugnant emphasis on financial "miracles") and claiming to be prophets are conning gullible laymen to build themselves up into cult figures and abrogate the Word of God. I find it bemusingly ironic that Montanism was condemned as a condemned as a heresy along with Gnosticism, Pelagianism, etc. only to root its way back into the Catholic Church through the postdenominational Charismatic movement.
>>
>>18752554
http://www.spiritoferror.org/
>>
>>18752554
Dominionism, don't they believe in the "mark of God on your forehead (intheendtimes)" which is really weird.
>>
There's already a fifth house, it's called Coptic Christians
>>
>>18755240
I heard somewhere that Christians should speak in tongues but for themselves when they are praying, but it's not like the "gift of tongues".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.