[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright X, I have a question. For many years this has plagued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Columbus Ghost Pic.jpg (17KB, 217x324px) Image search: [Google]
Columbus Ghost Pic.jpg
17KB, 217x324px
Alright X, I have a question. For many years this has plagued me. I used to live in Columbus, Texas, a small town in Central Texas, basically just a waystation for people travelling down I-10. It's utterly unremarkable, minus a few odd ghost stories here and there.

When I was in Highschool old folks liked to tell a story about a man buried in the main cemetery. His name was John Sargent and he was a travelling companion of Howard Carver. Does that name seem familiar? Well, Carver led an expedition to King Tut's tomb in Egypt. They opened it up and legend goes most who took part in the expedition were cursed.

Many of the men died shortly after, usually in freak occurrences. Sargent, the man buried in Columbus, happened to suffer such a fate. He died in a car accident right outside of Columbus and was subsequently given a poor mans funeral (as per his family's instructions) before being quietly buried.

The cemetery is host to many poor souls, Civil War victims, long dead slaves, and other such troubled characters. It's a hotspot for spiritual activity (see picture). I had a few friends who performed a midnight Ouija reading in the cemetery many years ago, the outcome wasn't pleasant.

Here's where you xphiles come in. I have a theory, that a fragment of King Tut's spirit is still there, residing in a most uncomfortable manner. What do you think? He cursed the men of Carver's expedition, Sargent among them. Could it be that Sargent carried with him Tut's ghost, waiting for the right moment to strike out with his wrath and enact revenge?

If so, I aim to return to the grave site and attempt to invoke the slumbering entity. Do you have any information about how to go about such a task? Any considerations? Good or bad, is it a mission worth undertaking? I'll be there in a fortnight. Wish me luck friends, and please share any insights or wisdom you have concerning such a endeavor.
>>
/x/ or /x], but never X
>>
Come up with a tripcode so we know who you are when you return.

Also, bumping this because texasfag
>>
File: 1309180519315s.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1309180519315s.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>18751589
>Columbus, Texas, a small town in Central Texas
>The cemetery is host to many poor souls, Civil War victims

I don't think ANY Civil War battles were fought in central Texas, and they sure as shit didn't transport bodies from battle fields back to their homes to bury them -- war was going on, too expensive and resource consuming. Back then you buried folks as fast as you could.
>>
>>18751608
Good to know, thanks /x/fag

>>18751621
Did I do it right?
>>
>>18751589
Weird stuff in Texas cemeteries man. I am from central Texas. Grandparents lived across from a cemetery on top of a hill. Indian burial groud is in close proximity. Strange things happen aeound there. Bad luck... Many spear points, knives, and arrows found in the area. Apache, Tonkwa and other tribes used to raid parties on the Colorado and kill and scalp settlers. Rumors of some teibes being cannibals. OLD graves sites. There is reall alot of history in central Texas. Alot of murders. Supposedly, Davey Crockett buried treasure in the area as well. Don't mess around in Texas cemeteries. There is a reason they lock them at night.
>>
>>18751682
Looks like it.
>>
I live no more than 45 minutes away, so this intrigues me. Yes, civil war battles took place in this area. Yet, I never heard of this story. Must really be a local thing..
>>
Dunno if you know this or not OP but you should never use a Oiji board in a cemetery. It actually is said to carry a heavy penalty (like spirits follow you or some shit ... I dunno specs)
>>
>>18752002
> Yes, civil war battles took place in this area.
Hmm, Civil War battles in Texas were over the ports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_in_the_American_Civil_War#Texas_occupation
>>
>>18751722
The K-13? You don't wanna go down that run. That run has got a history. Thirty-five people have died goin' down it, and some say you can still see their ghosts up there. It was on that very ski run that a group of students were killed by a wolf-boy who escaped from a mental institution. You see, that ski run was once a burial ground to a tribe of vampire Wichicaw Indians who ate the flesh of children with no eyes. Yah-, a lot of history on that ski run.
>>
>>18751589
maybe, maybe its not king tuts spirit but the ol man carver has a piece of treasure from his tomb berried right there with him. ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT
>>
>>18753249
Difference is, then history in Texas is true. You are just making up bullshit. Texans fought Mexicans and others for a long time.
>>
File: 6d1.jpg (53KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
6d1.jpg
53KB, 600x635px
>>18753961
>>
>>18751589
Maybe its Bubba Ho Tep.
>>
>>18751634
OP maybe meant civil war veterans?
>>
>>18755506
Not in the cemeteries. Respect it, child.
>>
>>18755684
>OP maybe meant civil war veterans?
Then it make some sense. It's just the US Civil War is one of the most heavily documented wars there's ever been. Both sides had troops daily writing way wordy letters and journals, and often troops were fighting on land they knew. So you end up with battles where we know Private Smith was left of Private Jones as they both hunkered down on the east side of one very specific stone wall on the side of Farmer Johnson's winter wheat field that was by the road to town. It's not like troops might have been randomly wandering around central Texas looking for the other side.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.