[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Past Lives Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

What are you supposed to do when a decision you made in your past life is affecting you now?
>>
>>18751276
They don't. And you don't make decisions, that's an illusion. You're watching things unfold with the illusion of decision making
>>
>>18751276
See a psychiatrist
>>
>>18751313
> what is free will?
>>18751276
>You will never overcome your bad karma by trying to make up for it with good karma. You have to transcend it by realizing that karma and duality is a false dichotomy.
>>
>>18751418
Free will is an illusion. It's make believe. It's not a thing.
>>
>>18751426
No more so an illusion that consciousness itself, or time or space or matter. Fundamentally everything is an illusion.
>>
No i didnt explain enough, i saved someones life when they were supposed to be killed. not by a person but by an dark entity, even in the end i saved them from it but in doing so it ended with my life being taken but not claimed by said entity.
>>
>>18751440
I agree and disagree. I think everything just is.
>>
>>18751453
So you still live in and think in terms of duality
>>
>>18751276
1) how do you know reincarnation is real
2) if it is real, how would you even find out what you were?
>>
>>18751276
All of life is comprised of the long term affects of past decisions.
>>
How do i see my past self
>>
So how do you know about your past lives anyway
>>
>>18751426
If free will is an illusion an everything we do is predetermined then nothing we do has any moral or ethical implications, good or bad. Murder and charity hold the same weight. None. Without free will everything we do is just programming, not conscious decisions with ethical weight.

This could also be interpreted as radical freedom wherein there is simply no natural good or evil to life and that any and all morality is simply a conceptual projection.
>>
>>18753578
Yeh that's right anon. And I love how you responded to me, ONE minute after I just came back to look at this thread.

What a coincidence!!!!!!!
>>
>>18753578
So are you telling me or yourself that?
>>
>>18751276
I don't think that would manifest much beyond traits that are inherent to your soul that effect your development and personality to some extent every incarnation.

I think the biggest or most sound logical argument for reincarnation is that if we can simplify and understand the "soul" as energy, and we know that energy is neither created or destroyed, then we can accept that if the soul is energy, it is an immortal thing. If it is an immortal thing then it does not simply cease to exist when the body expires and it can reason that that soul will seek another body to continue existing.
>>
>>18753587
just contributing to the conversation by presenting a possible reasoning I've thought on before.
>>
>>18753599
I can donit both ways.

Tell me what you believe, I like watching someone explain themselves. Tell us what you believe, whats you truth
>>
>>18751718
If you think that that is a duality then youll never get it

everything just is
>>
>>18753614
There is a duality here. Never said there wasn't.

I didn't say what I think about it.
>>
>>18751276
what are you supposed to do if you were given a mission in your past life, something to save a lost people, and you dont know how to finish it?
>>
>>18753601
I don't really feel that belief comes into the equation for me in the way that it would in a dogmatic context. I'm of the understanding that in order to better understand and to grow we must be willing to be dynamic and change as information and better reasoning surface. As far as we can tell now, the universe has always been and even after all lights have gone out a new cycle will begin. The formation of biological life is being understood more and more as a relatively simple and natural occurrence, so we may not be the chosen planet in the infinite void of space, but may in fact just be a natural progression for the evolution of complex life. When we observe life, the history of man, and make a conscious effort to observe things objectively then it demystifies our existence. I feel that the soul, as I said earlier, can be understood as an energy that will continue after my death in one way or another. There's no observable way of discerning whether that will be as an animal, another human, a human in another time, or even if it will be on earth. I'm aware of my mortality and the brevity of life so I choose not to live a life that places my greatest hopes and aspirations beyond it. I think our greatest purpose can be to grow and contribute to society as much as possible in the hopes that life will continue to lengthen and improve over time.

TL;DR - No dogma. Reincarnation seems to make sense as far as the explanation for the soul. Our purpose as I've reasoned is to learn and try to understand as best we can and contribute to society to try and push humanity forward.
>>
>>18753641
Everything you said was right, but, the stuff you said about society continuing, the most beautiful thing of all, is that it doesn't have to.
>>
>>18753660
Well yeah, we don't HAVE to do anything. Advancement just lends greater depth to our existence. SImply mastering our environment to the point that, for most countries, basic survival season to season is no longer the primary focus of our lives allowed for a much wider definition of culture to develop. Not that I think it's necessarily so, as I'm an artist/writer and I would feel biased, but it could be argued that the creation and evolution of culture is an inherent virtue alongside scientific understanding/advancement as well as the evolution of philosophical thought and the integration of all of these together.
>>
>every life is your past life
>cry and get over it
>do something productive
>>
>>18751276
let it effect you. Past lives are just knowledge of being another person and if you give the memories enough attention they will start talking to you. They will only show themselves in dreams or in times of need when they know they can help. It can cause what many call a mental illness but mentality is subjective and illness of it is a social construct. If you unlock enough you can see their death and passing into the ethereal realm where you can choose and discuss how to harbor the soul to your next life.
>>
>>18751276
hello my name is archy
i used to be a verse libre poet
but when i died my soul went
into a cockroach
this was many many years ago
i ve died a bunch of times since
then but every time it happens my
soul transmigrates into another
cockroach if there is anyone here
who can think of a way for me to
move on or at least go somewhere
else on the ladder let your old pal
archy know also mehitabel the
alley cat says hi
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.