[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why could no one pass his challenge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 13

File: RANDI.jpg (551KB, 1099x1237px) Image search: [Google]
RANDI.jpg
551KB, 1099x1237px
Why could no one pass his challenge?
>>
>>18750223
Is this the guy who offered $1000 to anyone who could prove earth doesn't have four days?
>>
>>18750223
Because he was crazy. Crazy people won't listen to reason, they only want their own made up reality. Like everyone on /x/.
>>
Because magic is not real
>>
>>18750230

He's the guy that offered 10k to anyone who fit two pineapples up his ass during a Skype call.
>>
>>18750223
Seriously WTF was his challenge?
>>
>>18750693

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
>>
>>18750693
A million internets to whoever could make him laugh.
>>
>>18750500
I don't think HE was crazy. You seem to misunderstand some basics, here.
>>
>>18750223
Because he was right, magic is some new age hippy bullshit.
>>
>>18750223
Because magic and other paranormal shit either isn't real (most likely) or is unable to be examined/studied in a scientific setting (if you're still clinging to the idea that people on this board are doing anything but larping)
>>
>>18750774
Most probably are, but I know for a fact at least two people on this board are not. Not very good odds, but still.
>>
File: Snow.gif (1019KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
Snow.gif
1019KB, 245x180px
>>18750223
"Lab rat" for the rest of your life.
>>
His requirements are inherently flawed.

>prove something beyond our realm of natural instances
>it's only considered proven if it falls in line with instruments and studies based on natural instances

He's no different from all the other edgy people who ask retarded shit like: "can God create a rock too heavy for him to lift?"
>>
>>18750223
> demonstrate actual magic
> get anally probed by men in black for the rest of my life

Maybe it's this? Even if I could pass his challenge I don't think I'd want to take that risk.
>>
>>18750805
>can God create a rock too heavy for him to lift?

Yeah, what he does is move spacetime itself around the rock. And since the rock has now changed it's x,y,z,t position in spacetime, the unmovable object has moved!

God, what a guy.

It's similar to how God interacts with us while at the same time not infringing on our free will.

That one involves time-travel and electricity.
>>
>>18750805
This, that faggot never intended to hand over any money to anybody

The only way to win, would have been to kill him via super natural powers
>>
>>18750861
Challenge accepted, check papers next Thursday.
>>
>>18750893
OMG! He's dead! Your magick works quickly!
>>
>>18750223
Maybe he is a real magician.
>>
>>18750784
>for a fact

And the evidence of that is....?
>>
File: 1475781516400.jpg (87KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1475781516400.jpg
87KB, 500x706px
>>18750223
>>18750698
>"The challenge was terminated in 2015."

Something happened
>>
>>18751526
Other than that I know them in person? Not really. It's not like I'm going to dox them to prove a point
>>
>>18750223
Maybe because he was a showman, and all the people invited were paid to make themselfes look stupid.
That's how he made alot of money.
>>
>>18751555
Yeah, Randi turned 85 and was like "I'm too old for this shit"
>>
>>18750223

>Why can no one pass his challenge.

Think about it OP. Randi is the one with special powers. He holds the challenge and then discredits other special people with his super powers to make it look like no paranormal shit exists. It's all a major con on his part to hide the truth from us sheep.

Why do you think all those psychics, benders, mediums, and benders can't show off their abilities when they are around him? Simple: He is using his mind powers on them. Don't trust Randi, he is the vanguard of the coming invasion.
>>
>>18750223
>expecting a kike to part with his money
>>
File: sylar-taunts-his-victim-408.jpg (93KB, 468x264px) Image search: [Google]
sylar-taunts-his-victim-408.jpg
93KB, 468x264px
Overly strict and flawed parameters for success.
>>18751688
What if he's like Sylar and is collecting their powers?
>>
Because magic and bullshit you people think is real... Isn't.
>>
>>18751688
This. Randi was a powerful chaos magician employed by the Illuminati to discredit magick and help lead the fight against religion and spirituality. His "debunking" was vital to ruining reputations so when the Illuminati come to destroy the target no one is paying attention to the "fraud" anymore.
>>
>>18750223
Story goes he's more interested in the smear campaign than proving anything. Some stories subjects give go along the lines of

> Subject: I can move a pencil in an airtight container with my mind.
> Randi: your test is to move this 1kg weight in this airtight container.
>Subject: I can't do that, it's too heavy
>Randi: then you are a fraud. No money for you.
Obviously not word for word, but the gist of it is that his tests would end up unfair to the one taking the test.

There were also times where Randi would openly challenge famous psychics who had no interest in taking his tests, and of course they didn't take the bait (through disinterest or not risking exposure of being a fraud. Their reason doesn't really matter). Then there is a story of a leading expert in the field of parapsychology who approached Randi's challenge with data they had accumulated. With that data they passed the first round of testing, but were never contacted by the Randi Foundation again. A scientific team was making progress and showing evidence of psychic ability (albeit low but statistically significant data) and Randi didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Randi wasn't about the science, he was about the smear campaign.
>>
He's a psychic EMP of sorts, his IQ is on Bog-levels and he can recognize a true magician when he sees one and essentially temporarily disable them.
>>
>>18751695
/thread
>>
>>18752787
>Overly strict and flawed parameters for success.
Yeah, but then putting any sort of controls on the experiment leads to the so-called psychics shrieking about how the test is rigged, so...
>>
>>18752873

lmao, that's not how his tests went at all, fucktard. he let people perform the exact same trick they always did, only with controls that would in no way interfere yet still demonstrate reproducibility to ensure that they weren't cheating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc is a good example of it, and probably the one you're misremembering. I'll greentext it for you so that it's nice and simple so that you can follow.

>fraud retard comes out, says he can move pencils and phone book pages with his mind
>balances a pencil on the edge of the table, moves it with his hand
>flips one single page in a phone book
>james randi says, "nah, i think you're just blowing on it lmao"
>james randi demonstrates, very easily and about fifteen seconds, the exact same pencil trick that he did, says that it's so stupid that it's not even worth his time
>fraud retard starts to look worried
>james randi says, okay, let's do the phone book now, except now you have to do it with styrofoam peanuts around the book
>fraud retard makes a total fool out of himself not once, but twice trying to do some stupid kung fu shit (seriously watch this video, it's so good)
>says he can't do it because suddenly the static from the peanuts and the heat from the stage lights is too much

There's also uri geller. dude said he could bend spoons and keys just with his mind and a gentle touch. all he was really doing was pre-bending spoons and keys before the show to the point that they would break very easily. he went on johnny carson (a former magician and strong skeptic of uri geller), only they ambushed him with james randi brought out fresh silverware this time. guess what happened?

He never gave out his check because paranormal stuff isn't real. it's ultimately just the last throes of puberty manifesting itself within your mind. By the time you hit 26 you'll laugh at all of the stupid shit you used to believe.
>>
>>18752873
>Puts controls in to reduce/eliminate random chance and confirmation bias
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
>>18752950
The "fraud" looks worried because he just felt Randi's power dampen his own. The peanuts weren't static - they were charged anti-magic totems. Poor guy was nowhere near Randi's level, and didn't understand that such anti-magic exists.

>Johnny Carson
Why did he need Randi there? Why not get his own silverware to give to Geller? The answer is that Randi was required to block out Uri Geller's power.
>>
>>18752980
Whatever, m80.
>>
>>18752980

It's possible. The dude has always looked like a frumpy little wizard his entire life. I don't think there's ever been a point where he didn't have a foot long wizard beard and a pronounced hump from a lifetime of using a staff for support.

Also, he's gay! Who knew?!
>>
>>18752950
Actually I used what I said as an example because it was something easy to think up that was still generally relative to some accounts from what people who took his test in private at the foundation would say.

Randi was famous for debunking frauds in the public eye. Going after someone on television and in private experiments can be done in two different ways.

>>18752962
The airtight container meaning that no idle wind could get to the thing inside is a legitimate control to reduce/eliminate random chance. That part, is fair.

Changing a pencil that's average weight is about 20 grams to a 1 kilogram weight is not fair if the person taking the test cannot lift above 20 grams using their "psychic ability."
>>
>>18752994

>Some pathological liars made up some lies about a famous person about some stuff that may or may not have happened in private because they're butthurt
>So they must be true!

this board in a nutshell.
>>
>>18750223
because the statistical proofs he was asking for was crazy. Even if it was a physical thing like throwing a baseball at a target the pitcher would need to have a rate of something like 1000 out of 1000 pitches in one session.
>>
>>18753009

also not true. why do you guys just make shit up like this?
>>
>>18750805
Some of the stuff he tested like dowsing and telekenesis should have a set perceived outcome.
>>
>>18753013
https://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/randis-million-dollar-challenge/
>>
File: 1365294665397.gif (19KB, 528x359px) Image search: [Google]
1365294665397.gif
19KB, 528x359px
it seems like its an opinion
>>
>>18753013

They have to, because otherwise they'd have to grow up and stop playing pretend.
>>
>>18753005
It's all stories here. Stories and rumors.

Tell me, if his tests were always fair, then why did he never follow up with the legitimate scientific researcher who was studying parapsychology who had documented evidence of psy-events with statistically significant data? Surely if data were presented he would be the rational sort to evaluate his views and potentially concede to the idea when scientific peer reviewed studies were presented to him. So why didn't he care?
>>
>>18753024
Oh man that blog post. All the people that worship the little old faggot came in droves and down voted the post. So much for skepticism.
>>
>>18753044
>legitimate scientific researcher
>who was studying parapsychology

this is what we call cognitive dissonance, kids.
>>
>>18753049
statistics and rumors aside it's shady as fuck that he never followed up with others that had independent studies with significant quantifiable results and promptly closed his challenge.
Don't you think?
>>
>>18753061
no
>>
>>18753068
of course not
good night to you sir
>>
>>18753054
>you can't use the scientific method to study things dogmatically accepted as false
>>
>>18753080
It has been proven false because it has been studied scientifically before.
>>
>>18753104
So was dark energy. Until new data arrived.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_constant

Good thing they didn't just go "nope, that was already proven wrong."
>>
>>18753121
It's not proven.
>>
>>18753128
Nor is the parapsychology researcher's. The point is that astronomers were interested in compelling data. James Randi ran away from it.
>>
>>18753133
Imagine having hordes of magic adepts calling you every day to look at their magic tricks though.
>>
>>18753133
THIS
Someone as skeptic and scientific minded as Randi should have been interested enough in the data to atleast analyze it. Instead he noped the fuck out.
>>
Because he believed in the concept that's the concept is unknowable, he inadvertently used really strong belief/power and harnessed it without knowing it to cancel out what was around him thus never seeing it. Obvious no?
>>
>>18753138
Hrmm, does this fit better under red herring or ad hominem?

Either way - imagine after years of gibbering idiots knocking on your door, someone with a clear head and a stack of data who passes the first gate of your test comes by. Does it make any sense to shut off communication and go back to whinging about the gibbering idiots at your door?
>>
>>18753150

Where did you read that?
>>
Because he wasn't answering to applications.
>>
>>18753173
Here's a fairly good run-down of Randi's dishonesty and intellectual cowardice.

http://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org/investigating-skeptics/whos-who-of-media-skeptics/james-randi/james-randi-and-the-ultimate-psychic-challenge/
>>
>>18753233
Cold reading is a skill. It's not something you can reproduce on the spot.
>>
>>18753266
I see you ignored and ran away from the data just like Randi. He'd be proud.
>>
>>18753273
I'm actually reading your thing. I don't feel like I'm running away from anything.
>>
>>18753283
So why comment on the cold reading bit when we were talking about his ignoring research? Also, James Randi's career was as a stage magician and illusionist. You expect me to believe he had never trained cold reading?

Also, you could try a little more intellectual honesty yourself. James Randi explicitly thought he could recreate a medium's cold reading and failed miserably. He didn't even attempt a cold reading - he had prior research of the individual. Research gained through deceiving audience members. And he STILL did so bad that the floor manager had to halt production and stop the show.
>>
>>18753309
>So why comment on the cold reading bit when we were talking about his ignoring research?

Because I was only this far into the article.

>Research gained through deceiving audience members.

Yeah, much like a TV psychic would do. And as I said it's a skill that takes time to develop. It's normal that he did poorly even with what he gathered from the audience.
>>
>>18753385
>Yeah, much like a TV psychic would do.
But not at all like what the medium he was criticizing and "debunking" did.

>2. The editing omitted what was probably the single most impressive piece of evidence, told to me beforehand in the Green Room and later to the audience, of an anonymous and untraceable booking made by a grieving father for a private reading with Keith Charles, the medium, who described to him the detailed contents and design of a sealed letter that had been placed, unbeknown to the father, in the coffin of his daughter by her sister. When Mr Randi asserted what he has since reiterated on his website, that all such messages could be attributable to cold reading as evidenced in Ian Rowland’s instruction book, it was lucky for him that no-one had an opportunity to challenge this insult to our credulity. Even with hot reading prior research at his disposal, a stage illusionist could not have struck oil this rich. Charles himself, exceptionally restrained, was shut up, doubtless because of the severe time overrun.

I thought you were reading the blog.
>>
>>18753417
>I thought you were reading the blog.
It got boring pretty quick so I looked up if I should kill Barbas or not in Skyrim instead.
>>
>>18753446
>reading is hard, imma go play vidyagames

Just remember the next time you praise your anti-magic wizard to tell people that you didn't actually bother to read anything critical of his scam.
>>
>>18753465
C'mon, it's the first game I buy in years. I stopped playing especially because it's very addictive and time consuming. Nice projecting.
>>
>>18753473
You should look up what projecting is if you aren't too bored of words without pictures.

I can't help but notice through ALL of this you forgot to comment on Randi ignoring data. And I say forgot because to avoid it intentionally after specifically asking about would be such a slimy and dishonest thing to do. And I doubt you are such a slimy and dishonest person.
>>
>>18753497
Dude chill out about the data. It's not important. Should I go Imperial or Stormcloaks?
>>
>>18753526
>chill out about the data. It's not important.
>Randi fans

As an aside, and to illustrate Mr. Randi’s dedication to objectivity, I must also provide a more accurate account of the incident to which he devotes so much spleen on his website: his encounter in the exit corridor with a “very obese, unattractive woman” and his reaction to her “direct affront, a rude insult and an uncalled-for accusation” who “stabbed her finger at me, her face red and contorted with hatred” who called him a fake and a fraud, to which he calmly retorted in his best Churchillian manner, “Madam, you are ugly, but I can reform.”

I am sure this is how Mr. Randi would like to remember the episode, but since I was alongside the lady at the time, and observed what went on, as did Dr. Parker and Dr. Puhle who were immediately in front of me, I should say that she takes (USA) size 10 clothes at Macy’s, which is way down the obesity scale, is regarded as attractive for her age, smiled at Mr. Randi and said quite politely but firmly, with no finger stabbing, and to his obvious astonishment, “Mr. Randi you’re a fraud”, whereupon he staggered back and stammered, “And you, you, you, you’re ugly,” to which the lady responded as he disappeared backwards through the double doors, “But at least I’m honest”.
>>
>>18753526
Skyrim for the nords
>>
File: smug donald.jpg (11KB, 138x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug donald.jpg
11KB, 138x200px
>All these mad "magicians" in this thread resorting to bullshit explanations and antisemitism
>>
>>18752889
Then how come "psychics" here don't bleed out their ears and die, considering how abysmally low the intelligence of the average /x/-fag is?
>>
>>18750223
He is an incredibly powerful magician who casts nullification spells to make other practitioners looklike fools.
>>
guessing a number out of millions and then doing it again
if you can't even do this then paranormal don't real
>>
>>18750223
because the challenge is a tool of finding and eliminating those who can do paranormal stuff
it's a trap
jewish one
>>
>>18753530
shhhh don't talk about the data, chill out man, it's ok.
>>
Maybe he was assembling a team a super magicians and once it was complete he had to close the contest.
>>
>>18753933
Confirmed. The new hex masters are taking over now.

G is with us, (((they))) have lost and they know it. Sore losers.

I know it because Tyler knows it
>>
File: santaclaus.png (882KB, 540x864px) Image search: [Google]
santaclaus.png
882KB, 540x864px
Everyone skirting around the real issue: WHY is Santa Claus trying to get magicians to self-identify themselves?
>>
>>18753943
is santa a magic god or a saint
>>
>>18753953
Magic God
>>
>>18753121
There is great difference between dark energy and psycic powers. Dark energy was predicted by math first and then it was thought that it must be wrong bcz it made no sence, now it is studied bcz there are experimental reasons to belive there is dark energy. On the other hand psycic abilities are just folk tales, there is no single theory that predicts them and there is no experimental evidence to suggest or prove them.
>>
>>18753044
Has that scientific research been peer reviewd, what is precision of measurment? If the research was valid dont you think there would be people building on top of it with new disciveries? And one more thing [citation needed]
>>
I don't think you'd need those 10k after proving magic is real when you're gonna have a gorillion cianiggers on your tail wanting to torture you until you agree to resurrect an ancient happy merchant to rule a certain country.
>>
File: 1488692382971.jpg (151KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488692382971.jpg
151KB, 960x720px
>>18753999
>it must be wrong bcz it made no sence

Pro-science retard
>>
>>18754019
Thats how it works brainlet.
>>
>>18753999
>there is no experimental evidence to suggest or prove them

The ENTIRE point is that Randi REFUSED to engage with the evidence.

>>18754012
>Has that scientific research been peer reviewd, what is precision of measurment?
Fucking hell - this is detailed in link I gave as well.

>If the research was valid dont you think there would be people building on top of it with new disciveries?
Not if people are dismissing the research off-hand without ever looking at the data. Do you think people would do that? They would ignore the evidence provided and just say something is wrong without reading the data?
>>
>>18753592
kys kike
>>
>>18750223
Imagine for a moment that Randi was color blind and asked for concrete evidence for the existence of green. No matter how you present this color to him his perception prevents the obvious from being observed. Such is the nature of the veil.
>>
>>18753035
What the fuck is this even saying?
>>
>>18752980

this actually makes sense
>>
File: XJOxbnI.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
XJOxbnI.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>18751688
Dude....
>>
>>18754204
>Hurr hurr, you just can't see because you don't believe!
The fact that you're required to already believe to see the effects should be an immediate red flag.
>>
>>18753035
I still can't tell if timecube guy is legit insane, or one of the greatest trolls of all time.
>>
>>18754255
Not what I said at all. In fact Randi's bias seemed to go the opposite way ie he only viewed other skeptics as being his peers. I'll spare you the metaphor: Randi is willfully ignorant, adhering to and projecting his own preconceived notions not unlike how the dogmatically religious expect those around them to adhere to their pseudo-morality lest they be labelled "infidel" or "sinner."
>>
>>18753128
Nothing can be proven. Ever.
>>
Wasn't he being investigated for like 4 psychic "dissapearing" after his challenge?

Some guy called him a murderer and most people that would do the challenge agree he's something of a disinfo agent
>>
>>18751478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHN2kngOtk4
>>
He has been inactive (save for a few youtube appearances on "le reddit atheist" level channels.) Yet had/has a several years long waiting list to get a shot at his challenge.

Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>18751578
>These guys have legit magical powers!!
>P-Proof? What if these powerful two got doxxed...
>>
>>18754293
Prove it.
>>
>the CIA literally confirmed on multiple declassified files that Remote viewing is real and several para-psychological subjects are very likely possible
>people still defend this pop-atheist schemer

weew
>>
File: IMG_1506.png (252KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506.png
252KB, 499x499px
>>18754306
I don't have to :^)
>>
>>18754255
The Veil is a catch 22 type of thing.
>>
>>18754255
You have to accept everything you know might be wrong as your knowledge is limited and not reliable, from there you can start building from what you experience.
>>
>>18750223
>Applications for any challenges that might cause serious injury or death were not accepted.
everyone knows good magicks comes with the risk of serious injury or death.
>>
>>18754434
And since Randi and other adherents to scientific dogma tend to "white list" studies that confirm their biases while ignoring anything that challenges them they are paradoxically narrowing their own understanding even as they attempt to expand it.
>>
>>18754472
This.

I hate how people who adhere to scientific dogma act like they're intelligent/enlightened/open minded just because their dogma is "scientific."

Especially with anti-theists/atheists who claim to be smart because "religion is closed minded." Those same people exhibit obvious closed mindedness that they are frustratingly oblivious to.
>>
>>18752994
>Changing a pencil that's average weight is about 20 grams to a 1 kilogram weight is not fair if the person taking the test cannot lift above 20 grams using their "psychic ability."
Sounds fair to me. Put the pencil on a scale and watch the psychic reduce it's weight by 20 grams.
>>
>>18754544
How is it fair? That's like some body builder boasting about their strength and how they can lift 1,000 pounds, and then you try to get them to lift a car. When they inevitably can't, you accuse them of not being able to lift any weight at all.
>>
You don't really have to believe or want to believe in any psychological shit to realize that Randi's challenge is not the fairest.

He is a cool guy sometimes, I appreciate what he does,
but he's also kind of obtuse and an ass, and I don't think he designed the the challenge with the expectation that anyone could reasonably pass it
>>
>>18754579
*paranormal
fucking autocorrect
>>
File: 5595040150_c101eb0839_o.jpg (267KB, 520x681px) Image search: [Google]
5595040150_c101eb0839_o.jpg
267KB, 520x681px
>>18750223
http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=40&threadid=34692&bookmarkedmessageid=158
>In June 1999, a Mr Rico Kolodzey of Germany wrote to James Randi and challenged for the reputed $1 million prize. Mr Kolodzey is one of several thousand people who believe and claim that they can live on water alone, absorbing 'prana' or life energy from space around them.

>Now this claim is, to say the least, extraordinary. It is perhaps even more extraordinary that an individual should offer to prove this claim by submitting himself to a controlled test.

>It should not be very difficult to arrange a test of Mr Kolodzey's claim. All that is needed is to lock him in a police cell, under CCTV observation, with only water to drink. If he experiences significant measurable weight loss, or asks for food, then his claim is false. If, on the other hand, he does somehow survive on water alone, then Randi is wrong, conventional science is wrong, and Mr Kolodzey has won $1 million.

>It ought therefore to have been a very simple matter for Randi to offer to lock Mr Kolodzey up for a week or two. But that is not what Randi did. Instead he ignored Mr Kolodzey entirely. When Mr Kolodzey wrote again to Randi asking about his challenge, he received the following email from Randi (later confirmed with a hard copy):-

>Date: 6/18/99 12:03 PM

>Mr. Kolodzey:

>Don't treat us like children. We only respond to responsible claims.

>Are you actually claiming that you have not consumed any food products except water, since the end of 1998? If this is what you are saying, did you think for one moment that we would believe it?

>If this is actually your claim, you're a liar and a fraud. We are not interested in pursuing this further, nor will we exchange correspondence with you on the matter.

>Signed, James Randi.

>James Randi Educational Foundation
>201 S.E. 12th Street (Davie Blvd.)
>Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316-1815

idk why no one passed the super flexible challenge
>>
>>18754123
Do you mean research done in https://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/randis-million-dollar-challenge/
or is it something else?
Post the right link i would like to see the evidence for my self
>>
>>18754123
If you meant on
ANOMALOUS ANTICIPATORY RESPONSE ON RANDOMIZED FUTURECONDITIONS by DICK J. BIERMAN i have to ask have you eaven read the paper? it had only 46 test subjects, If you want to eliminate statistical noise and get some meaningful results you need at least triple the size of test subjects. Compare this paper with any other paper from medicine (or any other science field) and check how large is test sample.
If you have any research done that has:
a) large test sample
b) has been peer reviewed
pls post so i can read it.
>>
>>18750805
This
He proposed the challenge but then kept moving the goalposts so that no one could ever win.
Even if there was someone with actual telekinetic powers, he could just say "well we figured outs it's midichlorians in your blood so now that we know this, it's not unexplainable so that means no money for you"
>>
>>18754683
You do realize that number of test subjects becomes irrelevant after a certain amount, right? 46 is fine.
>>
>>18754708
You do realise that what you saying is bullshit, there are precision measurments in science, meybe you have heard about sigma standard. 46 subjects doesnt eaven cut the sigma1. Like i said you need at least triple the size to eaven say you eliminated most of the statistical noise. There is a reason why most modern reserch is sigma 5 or in physics sigma 6.
But eaven sigma 6 is not 100% precise, for that you would need infinite amount of test subjects.
>>
>>18750827
Anon, mind giving us a more on this? This is very interesting. Do you believe in the connection between spiritual realm and electricity?
>>
>>18754799
You have zero education on statistics, don't you?

And you clearly have little education on English grammar...
>>
>>18754305
I like how you assume that the only reason he doesn't want to dox people is because he's afraid of them, instead of just because he's a decent human being who wants to respect people's privacy.
>>
>>18754308
>the CIA literally confirmed on multiple declassified files that Remote viewing is real and several para-psychological subjects are very likely possible
Oddly enough, though, one of the guys who used to run the Stargate program still calls himself a materialist, and doesn't believe NDEs are evidence of life after death. Don't ask me how he can think that, because I don't know.
>>
>>18750827
But the rock has moved, so is it really unmovable by god?
i would say that is not, question about creating a rock too heavy to be moved iis by deffinition doesnt have answer. You omitted one premise and got that answer thus it is wrong. Meybe you should read some philosophy, there is eaven whole wiki page about this problem.
>>
>>18754579
This sounds about right. People like him on all sides of subjects (/pol/ and tumblr included) ignore or come u with excuses for everything. There could be truth on either side of the arguments, but these types are meant to push the rift between them further.

tldr: no one was intended to win
>>
>>18754823
Oh please educate me. You are the one that has zero knowlage on statistics, but whats there ti expect from american education. If i am wrong why are all modern researchs done with large test samples, the bigger the better.
Picking 46 people form 7 billion and having some results doesnt mean jack shit pal, if they had test sample of average medicine reaserch we wouldnt be having this argument.
English is not my first language.
>>
>>18750223
because magic isnt real
>>
>>18754885
Actually using larger than necessary sample sizes can sometimes lead to false but seemingly significant results. See Lindley's paradox. Nightmare mode: Solve some equations from the paradox for us to prove what a superior statistician (there's a fake profession if I've ever seen one) you are.
>>
>>18754920
First off i never said i was statistician second Lindley paradox is superficial paradox, ie. there is no real paradox. Lastly what equations should i solve, should i do gaussian integral or do probability mass function? i cant type in LaTeX on this board, but why should i eaven solve them when these problems are high school tier.
>>
>>18750805
I've heard this as well.
>>
>>18754885
Statistics are bullshit. Literally. You can't take them as proof or evidence of anything. If you think statistics prove anything, you don't understand statistics.
>>
>>18755060
Just keep telling yourself that.
Whatever you belive that is how research results precision is determined. If you think you know something all the researchers dont pls shere it here.
>>
>>18755079
And if you believe fervently that statistics will always lead to objective truth you will run simulations and studies until you find evidence for that, disregarding evidence to the contrary, because how the hell could statistics be used to prove that statistics are unreliable? It's pure homeopathic logic, I might as well try to prove the existence of God through prayer alone.
>>
>>18755079
Statistics are nothing more than conjecture and assumptions. "Educated guess"
>>
>>18755121
No one in science (who is honest at least) disregards contrary evidence. you take it all or you dont take any evidence. Do you know any better way to determine truth of research than statistics? I would like to know how would you prove existance of God throu statistics without disregarding contrary evidence, can you give me an example of experiment?
>>
>>18755182
>>(who is honest at least)
It's easy to get false studies published just to profit one group or discredit another. Pop sciences has keyed in on this idea, google both sides of any argument and see that both tend to have "verifiable data." Your astoundingly naive leap of faith that all or even most scientists pursue truth over money is cute af tho.
>>
>>18754906
This
>>
>>18754848
No the rock is still in the same position it was in, in that anons assertion.

The space around the rock is what is moving silly anon
>>
>>18754595
Fuck's sake, Randi. The only acceptable reasoning behind this dismissal is "too many people with stupid claims are trying to take the test and we can't keep up". You can't propose an experiment to disprove a (supposedly and widely accepted to be) fake thing, then accuse your applicants of being frauds.

That's like a chemistry teacher refusing to let his students into the lab because the teacher already knows what will happen.
>>
>>18751695
The most paranormal thing about this entire thread
>>
>>18750223
>>18750230
>>18750693

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc&t=901s

>>18750805
Hydrick confirmed for still being salty
>>
>>18754579
What's unfair about letting a fucking con-artist who's obviously extremely greedy come onto your show thinking he can fool an accomplished magician and then make an ass of himself?
>>
>>18752950
>By the time you hit 26 you'll laugh at all of the stupid shit you used to believe.

You can't fix stupid, anon...
>>
>>18750223
lol this dude turned out to be gay and had a latino fuckboi
>>
>>18757882
You can try though with lots of physical violence
>>
File: 83493457245.jpg (54KB, 727x651px) Image search: [Google]
83493457245.jpg
54KB, 727x651px
>>18757350
>Shaolin Gun fu
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.