[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain this photo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20160726_211452.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_211452.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
This isn't really 'paranormal', but maybe /x/ can help. I went to Moscow last year and took this photo of the pillars at the entrance of the Bolshoi Ballet Theater. I can't understand why the nearest pillar is bending to the right.
>>
Probably because potato engineering. You know how those Soviets rolled.
>>
File: 20160726_211633.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_211633.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Apologies for the pics not being the right way up. This second photo was taken a couple of minutes later, and it shows the pillars straight. Can anyone explain the first photo?
>>
>>18746822
It's just to do with perspective, anon.

Things look different depending how far away they are, especially in pictures because depth perception

Nothing to worry about.
>>
It's called perspective, you faggot.
>>
>>18746856
>>18746871
there are two kinds of replies on 4chan
>>
>>18746829
No I too have been to the Bolshoi. It's well engineered and pre soviet lol
>>
>>18746887
good one anon
>>
File: 1489018650931.jpg (1020KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
1489018650931.jpg
1020KB, 2322x4128px
>>18746822
perspective alone doesn't explain why the pillar in the foreground appear bent. Furthermore if you draw the outline, you will notice it isn't even straight but rather appears to form a curve.
perspective makes things appears smaller and lower not bent.
It could be the lens but there is no other trace of that anomaly elsewhere. My guess is either that particular pillar was really made so either that pic was tampered with with an image editor.
>>
What type of lense did you used ? A wide angle lense (less than 18 mm) will give you this type of distortion, specially , when you are close to the subject, plus , the lack of detail in the pillar indicates a lack of focus.

Also, this might seem weird, but there are a lot of reports in places like /r/glitch_in_the_matrix which discribe incidents like this one. Do you remember anything out of the ordinary whe you took this picture?
>>
>>18747370

U have to go back
>>
>>18747370
OP here, thanks for your reply, at least someone understands that perspective doesn't change the shape of things.

>>18747257
I just used my galaxy4 phone, nothing special. The whole thing is really weird.
>>
>>18746822
They don't build the columns straight. The curve is to support the weight of the structure.
>>
>>18746822
Probably just error on the camera or the angle you took the picture from.
>>
>>18749015
this

thread is retarded, all the pillars are slightly curved if you look, the closest one is noticeable because it's closest.

also camera is pointing slightly up and is not at a perfect right-andle relative to the ground.

this can be replicated by looking at anything that is tall, slightly in front of you and off to the side without moving your head

not everything is a fucking conspiracy you autists
>>
>>18749155
*angle
>>
>>18746822

It isn't bending to the right. Those pillars are just convex.
>>
File: bolshoi-theatre.001.jpg (65KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
bolshoi-theatre.001.jpg
65KB, 800x526px
>>18749380
>>18749166
>>18749155
>thread is retarded, all the pillars are slightly curved if you look, the closest one is noticeable because it's closest.

But it isn't "slightly curved", it's actually bent. Look at the second photo, same angle but completely different.

>It isn't bending to the right. Those pillars are just convex.

The pillars are slightly convex like all pillars, but they aren't bent. Here's a picture of the building - you can see they're all straight.
>>
>>18749543

>The pillars are slightly convex like all pillars, but they aren't bent. Here's a picture of the building - you can see they're all straight.

Thanks for repeating what I'd already said.
>>
>>18749543
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entasis

The pillars only look straight. There's no conspiracy here. It's just an archetectural feature that's not common knowledge.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.