[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange Work Places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: dismissive-tradie.jpg (164KB, 1049x819px) Image search: [Google]
dismissive-tradie.jpg
164KB, 1049x819px
Have you ever worked on a site that felt weird? Like you were inches away from discovering something occult?

I was working with some gyprock last year at prominent household in Adelaide Australia, and I was feeling an honest sense of dread when placing the paneling to sub-divide this old hills house. There was this buzz in the air, inaudible, but like a magnet, pulling the gyprock off the guides.

I figured the floor might have been askew, and sure enough the spirit-level showed a dip in the ground to the Cathedral Street end. Very slight; only 99.94, but I assumed that that was the cause of the aberration. It took an afternoon of very bad vibes (plus Damo had failed to turn up for his shift due to spending a bit to long at the RSL Tuesday night haha!) but finally I'd got the floor leveled, even exposed the heritage slate in the deep left pocket.

Unfortunately this leveling had thrown out my original measurements and had wasted my entire day on the site, and yet still the gyprock seemed to wander. It was a blessing that the home owner was such a welcoming and friendly chap; I must have looked a little spooked or something, he asked me about my day and I explained. He, of course, explained some history

So apparently, this "Marsh" family, (absolute frission on hearing that name) had had two sons living in this very room! They never wanted to be split up, even into adulthood, their father had to make absolutely sure that they stayed together no matter what. Pretty innocuous stuff, but there was apparently some bad mojo they carried around regardless, apparently caused rack and ruin to anything they became involved with.

I had to give up the job, just too freaky, but apparently tradie after tradie has been through that house with a similar story to tell: The owner of that house is such a top bloke, but fuck the Marsh brothers eh?
>>
>99.94

Interesting.
>>
I once was working on a site where the radio kept on changing to 105.1 FM no matter what I set it too.

Strange stuff
>>
>>18745110

M8, this song still gives me chills

https://youtu.be/PjEQq_6yWKQ
>>
I've also come across a kinda creepy place in Australia, but this one was in Sydney. It was an old set of dorms that the new owner wanted done up for university accommodation and had been abandoned for a good 50 years.

The entire place had a disturbing atmosphere particularly one room (the name on the door was Maddinson I believe). The windows had been boarded up and there was scratch marks all over them like someone was trying to claw their way out. I swear I could also hear sobbing coming from down the corridor when I was putting in electrical wiring.

Apparently it used to be run by some bloke from to set up an "academy" for gifted young boys and there was all kinds of stories of sexual and emotional abuse about it.

Couldn't wait to get out there. I almost want to go back and have another look at the place now to see if it's still the same, but I'm based in Wollongong now and the trip's a bit much for me.
>>
>>18745097

Ayyyy, I'm a gyprocker too.

This is officially /plaster/ general.

Thread topics:

>Which company makes better collated guns, Makita or Milwaukee?
>Is ExoTec the worst fucking material to work with?
>Why can't Darren cut anything correctly? It doesn't matter what it is - main rail, baton, stud, plate, etc. - he'll fuck it up 100% of the time.
>Can you actually straighten out a T-square by running over it with a Skyjack III?
>Why are sparkies such messy cunts? I'm sick of moving all their bullshit wires just to sheet a tiny room.
>Why the fuck can't Reecey cut sheets properly? I mean fuck, it's not that hard to use a flick-line.
>Why is Richard the Foreman such a cunt? He can terminate our contract if he wants, but good luck getting another company to throw up SupaWood without seriously fucking it up. He should put aside his ego and accept that, had he accepted our conditions earlier, we could've started work months ago and have finished the job by now.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.