[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sigil thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Let's have a sigil thread, does it work? personal experiences, how to make one correctly, cons of sigils
>>
>>18743352
1-intent of sigil in pic related seems beyond what is reasonable to expect, especially if its creator works at McDonalds and expects to get a raise of that kind, rather than going out and obtaining the skills needed and finding a job with that salary.
2-if you tell others your sigil's intent, or especially its creation process. you're pretty much nullifying it.
>>
>>18743369
In other words, casting a sigil then expecting a series of events to automatically give you that kind of salary while you sit on your ass isn't how it works.
>>
They work, as long as you remember to charge them. Be realistic about probabilities and the amount of energy it takes to bend them. They're a useful bit of "cast and forget", but be very careful with the details.

Two examples: the sigil in >>18743352 won't work. Or rather, it doesn't work, in the present, because it is formulated to act on the future. Sure, it will eventually happen, but maybe it happens five minutes before death of old age.

(Same for "I want to [x]". If that's what you write, that's what you'll get. A yearning.)

Example two: A teacher of mine wanted to "manage [her] money better". That's what she wrote. She had just cashed in her salary check and lost most of it to a sudden fire, thus she had to learn how to budget, borrow and scrounge together like never before. It worked, but at the cost of material possesions and financial safety.

So yeah, they work. They always work. You might find you didn't want them to lol
>>
Yes, it works, but with a bit of a monkey's paw effect in my experience.

Like, years ago, when I was first getting into it, I did a sigil for a specific girl and I to fall deeply in love. Soon she was flirting with me and I got very explicit propositions via our mutual friends, but due to my own sexual repression at the time I failed to capitalize on what my magic was manifesting.

My advice: Divination can help you sort out your

internal bunk so you know what specifically to shoot for with your magic.

Also, don't go too crazy. Don't just do a sigil for "My cat will win the Olympics." Make it something possible, especially when you're starting out. For example, I'm a fairly good looking guy, so I've found I

tend to have an easier time with love magic than your average joe the magician.
>>
The shape is not quite random. It must very clearly symbolize something to you, even if the individual word-concepts that went into it are no longer immediately apparent. A sigil of protection may evoke images of shields, barricades, castles, shells. A sigil of energy will be dynamic. Remember the school of thought they come from and what they have to say, not just about probability, but also intent
>>
>>18743423

>>18743425
so it's not worth it?
>>
So, from what I understand, sigils are basically like a type of spell but funneled through a specific drawing.

I'm intrigued but I obviously know next to nothing about this, can someone give me a rundown on these? Like how do you make these and insure their purpose? Is it as simple as this picture? (I presume it isn't but I figure I'll ask)
>>
>>18743486
This
>>
>>18743460
Start out small and decide for yourself. Choose something as harmless and small as possible, and as you build your confidence and mindfulness you can cast more elaborate and ambitious sigils. Remember you can always cleanse them and destroy them; it won't turn time back, but it will make it stop working.

Here's a couple of ideas: "I enjoy the taste of [something healthy you currently dislike]". "I don't get anxious when talking in public". "I sleep without having nightmares". Small, obtainable goals that might need just a bit of a push.

The you can move on to stuff like "This house is protected against unwanted visitors", "My journeys are completed safely", "Cakes baked in this oven are never burnt or uncooked, but just right", stuff like that. And THEN you can start thinking about bigger things. But always be mindful of the consequences
>>
>>18743540
and whats the right way to destroy it? just broking it or burn it?
And thanks for the info m8 its really useful
>>
>>18743352
Practice meditation and altered states of consciousness or gnosis. If you really want to develop your magic. I recommend "Liber Null" it's a book and easy to find pdf.
>>
>>18743565
Typically burn it in a ritualistic manner.
>>
>>18743565
Stop giving it attention
Boom
Gone
>>
I always get stuck at drawing the sigil, I can't draw anything for shit, it's too hard
>>
>>18743633
Dubs dont lie
>>
>>1874348
I was just about to say that, anyone cares to explain the process from cero to all dummies?
>>
I've done 41 sigils. removed letters until only one of each consonant, drew them into cool shapes, charged (some by meditating while looking at sigil, some fapping, some by pain). some I burned, some kept, some hid, some kept in plain sight.

some I kept all letters, some I forgot the wish before charging, some I charged right away.

zero results.

NAP is way more effective.

visualization also. LOA also.
>>
>>18743771
>NAP
>LOA
What did he mean by this?
Also, any examples on why and how did they work?
>>
Do I have to maintain the letters original shape, and if not how much can I warp it?

Also page 21 of this should help. https://zalbarath666.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/peter-j-carroll-liber-null-psychonaut.pdf
>>
Is this caos magic?
>>
>>18743638
If you can write, even sloppily, you can make a sigil. So long as it has meaning to YOU. Also, see
>>18743449
>>18743423
>>18743425
Good luck!
>>
>>18743771
If you forgot the INTENT before charging, how was it important enough to cast a sigil? Thinking of it in terms of wishing is also not generally helpful. see
>>18743423
>>
>>18746439
Sigils are utilized in many traditions. Any magick can chaos magick, it depends on context.
>>
>>18743352
Elaborate?
>>
File: IMG_9343.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9343.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>18746460

did you... just ignore EVERYTHING ELSE in the reply?

I did sigils 41 times following multiple methods from multiple sites. from the "gotta forget" to the emotion-filled and everything in-between. artful, lazy, loving, angry, painful, zen... FORTY ONE.
>>
>>18746460
And how do you charge them?
>>
>>18747969
Jizz on it then burn it
>>
File: 1473947440594.jpg (2MB, 1522x2998px) Image search: [Google]
1473947440594.jpg
2MB, 1522x2998px
this sigil thread seems a bit wikan to my tastes.
were are all my demonic sigils, /x/?
>>
>>18747657
>multiple methods from multiple sites

Yeah sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into learning about sigils. Cool story bro.
>>
>>18743352
I have only cast a very few, in a fairly sloppy manner (but in desperate times) and literally all of them have worked.
>>
>>18749314
One example is one time I desperately needed money. Not for anything trivial but literally to survive. I wasn't willing to steal. SO I cast a sigil and boom, less than a day later I got the money I needed. Nothing huge, just enough to get me thru. Desperation is a powerful force of the will
>>
File: image.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200KB, 547x402px
>>18743771
>NAP is way more effective
>>
it's about as effective as prayer desu

it's inherently flawed because it's based on you performing an impossible task: 100% concentration and then forgetting about it right after

if it doesn't work you will always say oh i guess i wasn't concentrating hard enough but the truth is you will always have some background mental function so you will always have an excuse for why it didn't work

show me anyone who scientifically tested sigils
>>
>>18743866
new avatar power
>>
>>18749621
>scientifically tested
Then it wouldn't be called magick anymore, no?
Also, do you realize what board you're on? You must be new here.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.